PDA

View Full Version : Here is some sunshine for you!

Maverick91
08-25-2021, 10:18 AM
State's first football game was in 1895 for you history buffs the Rough Riders hadn't even happened yet. From the start of our program till Mullberger took over we had a terrible 48% winning record with a 485-525 total record. Yeah, that's pretty putrid.

Since Mellonhead took over we have a winning record of 88-67 with winning 56% of the time. Yeah, I know not great! But, that is a huge deal, we are on a really big uptick, I do believe State fans if given the chance to shoot an Ole Miss fan in the foot or himself, the State fan would shoot himself in the foot, just so that he can be mad at something.

We really need to pay attention to what is going on here, comparing to State history. giving is up, fan attendance is up (crazy to think about with covid and the past three years), recruiting is up even over the past three years compared to vizorhead, We do have a proven winning coach with a winning percentage of 59%. Now understand that he has a 6 game a year average at two locations that I would argue are set up worse than State is to win historically and present day. He brought both of those programs to national prominence. I wonder where he would be if he didn't take bottom of the barrel jobs? or if he didn't get screwed at Tech?

As many have stated they can already see that our recruiting has become more balanced compared to Millbergers, thats big, now if we can have greater consistency in winning (which I think that we will), donor support continues to rise and we are able to get better athletes to go along with the current coaching that we are receiving. I think within 5-10 years we can have a <80% with wins. If we are doing that. We are making headlines each year.

I think all of that is absolutely possible. I am already encouraged with the verbiage that is coming from this team. Under Vizorbrains, all I could hear is "we really are not at the top of the ladder and we are just happy to be where we are." Under Leach no one has that type of speak, every coach and player has the mentality during the interview that if we execute correctly we can win our individual battles. That is a night and day different than what was happening under our best coach we have ever had.

Look what we did to Georgia last year with 49 players. When these guys are 100% bought in, I think this team will be very scary to watch. Heck, hopefully that is this year.

FISHDAWG
08-25-2021, 10:31 AM
I agree we are trending upward and have reason to be optimistic ... question is - How will this NIL affect things? To tell the truth I expect us to get severely out-NILLed ... maybe that's the State fan paranoia in me but from your post above you can see that we have been "conditioned" to tamper our expectations

Jack Lambert
08-25-2021, 10:47 AM
The Rough Riders didn't even have horses. However the Marines 9th Motors in Vietnam were called the Rough Riders. They had trucks. They got the shit shot out of them. The reason the Maines 9th infantry regiment did some bad things to the Vietnamese dead. Every time they heard 9th they dropped what they were doing and went looking for them. 9th Motors caught hell. I was attached to 9th Marines in Okinawa. Their regimental flag was not allowed back into the United States. They were eventually disbanded. I believe they are rebuilding the 9th Marines Infantry.

Maverick91
08-25-2021, 11:04 AM
I agree we are trending upward and have reason to be optimistic ... question is - How will this NIL affect things? To tell the truth I expect us to get severely out-NILLed ... maybe that's the State fan paranoia in me but from your post above you can see that we have been "conditioned" to tamper our expectations

lol agreed! I really feel like some of our donors can pull stuff together like BYU just did to level that playing field. Until we get our winning up, I don't think we will ever have the crap that Bama's never started a game in his career QB NIL situation.

Maverick91
08-25-2021, 11:04 AM
The Rough Riders didn't even have horses. However the Marines 9th Motors in Vietnam were called the Rough Riders. They had trucks. They got the shit shot out of them. The reason the Maines 9th infantry regiment did some bad things to the Vietnamese dead. Every time they heard 9th they dropped what they were doing and went looking for them. 9th Motors caught hell. I was attached to 9th Marines in Okinawa. Their regimental flag was not allowed back into the United States. They were eventually disbanded. I believe they are rebuilding the 9th Marines Infantry.

Thank you so much for your service!