PDA

View Full Version : Keith Carter on Season Ticket Sales

confucius say
08-24-2021, 01:51 PM
He said today they have sold 32,000 season tickets. That's surprising to me. I would have thought they would be higher. That's less than us if my math is right.

BulldogDX55
08-24-2021, 02:00 PM
I think I saw that our estimate was 40k so far, which was quoted as being "much better than most" so here's the proof.

confucius say
08-24-2021, 02:57 PM
I think ours is mid to upper thirty thousands best I can tell. Cohen said 80% of our 2019 season ticket sales, which I think was around 45k.

Cowbell
08-24-2021, 07:12 PM
Their stadium has been pretty empty since freezus

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2021, 09:09 PM
I hope COVID starts to cool off during the next 10 days and the numbers start to plummet these next few weeks.

I am afraid that if the numbers keep going up, people will either choose not to go or will be told they cannot go.

I bought tickets and Based on the information we have, outside transmission is almost not existent, but Davis Wade is like a sardine can and the vast majority of outside settings does not deal with shouting and screaming with people at maximum about 20 inches from you face for 3 hours.

Todd4State
08-24-2021, 09:26 PM
Ole Miss typically doesn't draw all that well even in football. Now the Grove is a probably a different story.

R2Dawg
08-24-2021, 09:27 PM
I hope COVID starts to cool off during the next 10 days and the numbers start to plummet these next few weeks.

I am afraid that if the numbers keep going up, people will either choose not to go or will be told they cannot go.

I bought tickets and Based on the information we have, outside transmission is almost not existent, but Davis Wade is like a sardine can and the vast majority of outside settings does not deal with shouting and screaming with people at maximum about 20 inches from you face for 3 hours.

Hah, Covid a reason to keep the South endzone open so Covid can exit to the South farm.

Jack Lambert
08-24-2021, 10:06 PM

I moved to section 308 roll two from section 4 roll 52 to get away from the mass crowds. I am higher but about the same yard line and walkway behind me, one roll in front of me, hard chairbacks, isle seats but only one roll in front. It will be easy access.

Homedawg
08-24-2021, 10:08 PM
I think I saw that our estimate was 40k so far, which was quoted as being "much better than most" so here's the proof.

We haven't sold 40k.

Offshore Dawg
08-26-2021, 02:35 PM
sounds like apathy to me

Leeshouldveflanked
08-26-2021, 03:23 PM
sounds like apathy to me
^^^^This^^^^ is the correct answer.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2021, 03:50 PM
Cohen said we're around 80% retention rate on Bo Bounds, which was among tops in the conference.

In 2014, we sold 44K season tickets & assuming they haven't fallen too much since then, 80% of that would be 35K. So I think it's safe to say we're around 35K in season tickets sold.

My guess is if we look good in the 1st game, we'll sell more. I bet we end up around 38K season tickets. It may take a few years to build things back up after COVID