PDA

View Full Version : Why can't MSU fans band together for something like this...

ScoobaDawg
08-23-2021, 06:50 PM
NLI - Surly "Burnt Ends" - Texas fans coming up with a way to sponsor the TE's
Goal is to crowdsource $70k and divide it around the Tight Ends room. (10k each)
Just got it approved by UT compliance. and had it 1/3 of the way funded before APPROVAL

67/150 for 10/mo or 120/yr

22/150 for 25/mo or 300/yr

17/50 for 50/mo or 600/yr

Why can't we be this organized...

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/burnt-ends-nil-program/

TheLostDawg
08-23-2021, 07:16 PM
If we don't soon we'll be even more behind. Don't think the rebels aren't coming up with something as we speak

ScoobaDawg
08-23-2021, 07:32 PM
Do I think we can do 7 players? Nope. But I feel confident we could put together enough for a couple of players.

What those guys are doing are giving every te on the roster at the start of the season 10k. It's already guaranteed and written up in the documents the athletes have signed.

Think about how much that could help in recruiting. If you sign with Texas or transfer in. You are gonna get 10k guaranteed.

Todd4State
08-24-2021, 12:16 AM
Do I think we can do 7 players? Nope. But I feel confident we could put together enough for a couple of players.

What those guys are doing are giving every te on the roster at the start of the season 10k. It's already guaranteed and written up in the documents the athletes have signed.

Think about how much that could help in recruiting. If you sign with Texas or transfer in. You are gonna get 10k guaranteed.

We're going to have to put up more than just a couple of players.

Tbonewannabe
08-24-2021, 09:32 AM
Honestly, we might have a better shot at getting Juco or transfer players and try to get a few key players. I don't think we have the money or just drive from alumni to wade into this pool. We have a better shot at building a dynasty in baseball than competing in football.

Edited to add: What I mean is be a high roller in getting Juco or transfer players and then spend the money on QBs, Oline, and DEs. We might can compete for a couple of players but a whole roster like that is going to be more than MSU guys will do.

HoopsDawg
08-24-2021, 09:41 AM

Wow! This is crazy.

Extendedcab
08-24-2021, 09:50 AM
Wow! This is crazy.

For an old guy like me, this is insane! College sports is very very rapidly losing its appeal!

HoopsDawg
08-24-2021, 09:52 AM
Honestly, we might have a better shot at getting Juco or transfer players and try to get a few key players. I don't think we have the money or just drive from alumni to wade into this pool. We have a better shot at building a dynasty in baseball than competing in football.

Edited to add: What I mean is be a high roller in getting Juco or transfer players and then spend the money on QBs, Oline, and DEs. We might can compete for a couple of players but a whole roster like that is going to be more than MSU guys will do.

Come to MSU thru the transfer portal, and you are guaranteed 10K. I can dig that.

RiverCityDawg
08-24-2021, 10:00 AM
I don't know about y'all, but when I was in college giving me $10K might as well have been giving me a million dollars. I was just happy seeing triple digits in my account at any given time. And I'm not that old.

HoopsDawg
08-24-2021, 10:08 AM
For an old guy like me, this is insane! College sports is very very rapidly losing its appeal!

It's really messed up. I mean the whole point is "look at how much money the universities are making off these players" but it's not the universities that are going to pay them.

Thick
08-24-2021, 10:25 AM
A general surgeon at University, who is a UT graduate, told me just this weekend that the university reached out in regards to contributing to the NIL fund. Said the new department was created fairly quickly to get ahead of all of this for recruiting purposes.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2021, 10:35 AM

So you are saying. It's losing it's appeal. Because they are doing what every casual fan has always wanted to do.... be more invested.
It's hard for me to believe we couldn't find 350 people (that's an example Surly is using) to pledge either $120, $300, or $600 or more to make MSU a better target for recruits once they sign with us.
Let's say we went with all the CB's on the roster, which currently shows 8. could raise somewhere between 8-10k for each player. walk on or not. I'm not sure what we give our players in stipend but that's what Surly is using to say we will double it.
And all they are asking the players to do in return is 1 30 minute interview after a game per year, 1 hour AMA on a private forum (only for people who donated) and then a 1 hour dinner for the top level donors (600 or more).

and this is just the start...

HoopsDawg
08-24-2021, 10:47 AM
So you are saying. It's losing it's appeal. Because they are doing what every casual fan has always wanted to do.... be more invested.
It's hard for me to believe we couldn't find 350 people (that's an example Surly is using) to pledge either $120, $300, or $600 or more to make MSU a better target for recruits once they sign with us.
Let's say we went with all the CB's on the roster, which currently shows 8. could raise somewhere between 8-10k for each player. walk on or not. I'm not sure what we give our players in stipend but that's what Surly is using to say we will double it.
And all they are asking the players to do in return is 1 30 minute interview after a game per year, 1 hour AMA on a private forum (only for people who donated) and then a 1 hour dinner for the top level donors (600 or more).

I guess I disagree with your premise that every casual fan has always wanted to be more invested. I think this whole thing is fcked.

Extendedcab
08-24-2021, 10:53 AM

I think you are overlooking the original intent of going to college in the first place. It is to get an EDUCATION! In days past, sports was considered Extra-Curricular and you had to qualify academically in order to participate in Extra-Curricular activities of any kind!

Now college has turned into the minor leagues! Any thug/wayward kid (and we can get into a long discussion on this) can get into college as long as he/she is a top rated athlete.

I propose college return to its original intent and the sports industry create a true minor league, independent of colleges, where all of the 4/5 star prospects can go and make money right out of high-school.

I would rather watch and support 1/2/3 star athletes who are getting a "TRUE" college education than watch/ support the destruction of amateur athletics as we are experiencing today.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2021, 10:59 AM
I think you are overlooking the original intent of going to college in the first place. It is to get an EDUCATION! In days past, sports was considered Extra-Curricular and you had to qualify academically in order to participate in Extra-Curricular activities of any kind!

Now college has turned into the minor leagues! Any thug/wayward kid (and we can get into a long discussion on this) can get into college as long as he/she is a top rated athlete.

I propose college return to its original intent and the sports industry create a true minor league, independent of colleges, where all of the 4/5 star prospects can go and make money right out of high-school.

I would rather watch and support 1/2/3 star athletes who are getting a "TRUE" college education than watch/ support the destruction of amateur athletics as we are experiencing today.

I would suggest you turn off your tv and never watch any college sports again.. players have been getting paid to play for a long time in different ways. The laws have changed, if you want what is best for MSU to compete.. this is the route we will have to go.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2021, 11:00 AM
Interesting... makes more sense

We have to tie the subscriptions to entitlements to stay above board, it can't just be a funnel for any money to come in and go out to players. Each individual needs to receive some value from their subscription, in the case of the 50/mo or 600/yr it's a seat at dinner. The more 50/mo subs you have the more seats at dinner you have to invite friends etc.

The 25/mo comes with a sticker and a cup, like actually you can't refuse delivery of those things

the 10/mo comes with access to the perks and exclusive content like the AMA.

The whole reason that we got through compliance is that this is completely legitimate and there isn't the capability to just "donate" to the players. The players are on the hook for content and the subscribers get value outside of just giving money to players.

Extendedcab
08-24-2021, 11:05 AM
I would suggest you turn off your tv and never watch any college sports again.. players have been getting paid to play for a long time in different ways. The laws have changed, if you want what is best for MSU to compete.. this is the route we will have to go.

Colleges were around before athletics. If college athletics were to move to the professional ranks, colleges will still be just fine! You are still missing the point of what a college (its charter, what is its purpose) is all about!

Colleges have morphed and not in a good way!

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2021, 11:12 AM
Colleges were around before athletics. If college athletics were to move to the professional ranks, colleges will still be just fine! You are still missing the point of what a college (its charter, what is its purpose) is all about!

You are missing the point. It's DONE.
Do you want us to drop down to d-2 instead? or do you want us to stay in the sec and compete.
That's your opinion that it's changed in a not good way. I would say you are just being blind that it's been going on for a long time under the table.

Extendedcab
08-24-2021, 11:18 AM
Do you want us to drop down to d-2 instead? or do you want us to stay in the sec and compete.
That's your opinion that it's changed in a not good way. I would say you are just being blind that it's been going on for a long time under the table.

An emphatic YES!!! Now the corruption that was under the table is now on top of the table in plain sight and everybody is encouraged and expected to participate in a major way or you are left behind. Priceless! You can't make this crap up! At least in prior years it was against the RULES and violators (except for the privileged few) were punished, now there are no rules! Anything goes!

And in your eyes this is better?

R2Dawg
08-24-2021, 11:36 AM

I agree. If it keeps going, I'll be jumping off at some point just like I have with pro sports.

R2Dawg
08-24-2021, 11:42 AM

Dead on cab. Just like many other things in our culture, we have lost our way.

High schools are now a joke of academic institutions and revolve around sports. Nothing else matters. Too many people would and have sold their soul for their sports team to win.

Reading, writing and basics all take a back seat now. I say this as a person who has played all sports and love sports but the priorities need to be corrected.

R2Dawg
08-24-2021, 11:49 AM

What is done can be undone too or modified. History is full of it.

Use that logic then everything going on is going on anyway so just have no laws and make everything legal. Murder, rape abuse, etc. all go on so just let it be if you apply that logic.

There must be order in an society if it is to be healthy. We are living in chaotic times and we are not healthy. Just look around.

Just because it's legal don't make it right either. Plenty of example here. When you have evil men making evil laws the outcome ain't good.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2021, 11:52 AM
What is done can be undone too or modified. History is full of it.

Use that logic then everything going on is going on anyway so just have no laws and make everything legal. Murder, rape abuse, etc. all go on so just let it be if you apply that logic.

There must be order in an society if it is to be healthy. We are living in chaotic times and we are not healthy. Just look around.

Just because it's legal don't make it right either. Plenty of example here. When you have evil men making evil laws the outcome ain't good.

holy sh!t. you and ExCab take your Old world mentality and go root for some other team. As you said, if players getting paid makes you sick... just leave because you will just be a hypocrite to watch the team in a couple of weeks.

R2Dawg
08-24-2021, 11:56 AM

You mean every college fan wants to give more of their hard earned money to entitled athletes who don't have to pay for their own school while the slave to pay for their own kids college?

Who are these people you speak of, I don't know any like that.

R2Dawg
08-24-2021, 12:01 PM
holy sh!t. you and ExCab take your Old world mentality and go root for some other team. As you said, if players getting paid makes you sick... just leave because you will just be a hypocrite to watch the team in a couple of weeks.

Wow, old world mentality?

Hypocrite? Do I get a free ticket? Nope I pay for it.

Why don't you turn over your paycheck to the sports program or you are a hypocrite if you feel so strong?

So the players are getting nothing all this time? A 200-300K education for free, everything given to them while they are there, every benefit under the sun, basically a guaranteed job when they leave. Yeah they been getting screwed all these years.

They want to get paid I have no issue - it is called pro sports. They are getting paid with a free education and setup for life.

Offshore Dawg
08-24-2021, 12:08 PM
The knock on State fans has mostly been that we are low income, cheap folks that had to take out a second mortgage on our trailer just to get to OMAHA and sleep in a tent.

Dawgbite
08-24-2021, 12:54 PM
I’m not cheap, I’m thrifty!

Maroonthirteen
08-24-2021, 02:05 PM
If I pitch in, do I get a refund if said sponsored player.... "opts out" or skips practice for political reasons, etc. ???

In all seriousness, that's more likely the reason random people don't throw their money at a player trust fund.

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2021, 02:21 PM

Then every college in the P5, should put their academic entrance requirements where they should be and in order to play you should be a walk on with a 28 on the ACT or 1250 on the SAT.
College football hasn't been about education since the day they established athletic scholarships and ended true entrance academic requirements.
Hell Ole Miss had an OT that couldn't even read. Not because he was dyslexic, but because the due literally couldn't read.

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2021, 02:22 PM
Wow, old world mentality?

Hypocrite? Do I get a free ticket? Nope I pay for it.

Why don't you turn over your paycheck to the sports program or you are a hypocrite if you feel so strong?

So the players are getting nothing all this time? A 200-300K education for free, everything given to them while they are there, every benefit under the sun, basically a guaranteed job when they leave. Yeah they been getting screwed all these years.

They want to get paid I have no issue - it is called pro sports. They are getting paid with a free education and setup for life.

Free education isn't on par with what they are providing the college and the alumni/fans. Maybe it was at one point, then ESPN decided to pay conferences billions of dollars to put it on TV.

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2021, 02:25 PM
Maybe, just maybe, the conferences should establish a pay scale for student athletes based on their TV revenue? Why should the universities get a 50 million dollar check, when the 300 student athletes on campus could all earn a share of 10 million per school or ($33,333) dollars each player, each year. The school still gets 40 million and the athletes still get 10 million?

Could the university not agree to this, so they get use the likeness of the player throughout their career and after?
Seems like a damn good perk. Also, players could then come in and earn as much money has they want above and beyond, based on their popularity.

Edited to add, then the students could pay their own tuition and could transfer anytime they want, just like any other student in the country.

Extendedcab
08-24-2021, 02:27 PM

You need to give up college sports and root for a pro team!

Regarding my previous posts, I never said I refuse to watch college sports only that is is getting harder and harder to watch as time goes by. Will there be a time I get fed up and stop watching! At the rate of negative change, yes, there will come a day when I turn off college sports! The difference between college sports and pro sports is getting smaller and smaller and I already turned of pro sports years ago - they can all take a flying flip for all I care - they are all a bunch of entitled babies - spoiled brats.

Go ahead and support millionaires and yet you are a working man! What is wrong with that picture!

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2021, 02:27 PM
How many student athletes do we have on campus? 250, 300, 400?

OLJWales
08-24-2021, 02:28 PM
Not understanding. Cigar Boys and handlers always had to cover their trails to stay clean. Now all they have to do now is write a check out of their personal account. So what's the problem?

MaroonFlounder
08-24-2021, 02:41 PM
I think our 2 starting CBs are right up there with the best in the country. And neither of them even made All-SEC 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team by AP or coaches.
It's downright crazy. Every WR that faced off with Emerson would say he is one of the best they've ever faced in straight coverage skills, and Forbes as a true FR had the most pick-6s in the country.

I'm not a "cigar boy"

BUT

I would love to be part of something that would get some $$$ in the pockets of those guys thru the NIL deal, as long as they continue to prove it on the field.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2021, 02:53 PM
I think our 2 starting CBs are right up there with the best in the country. And neither of them even made All-SEC 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team by AP or coaches.
It's downright crazy. Every WR that faced off with Emerson would say he is one of the best they've ever faced in straight coverage skills, and Forbes as a true FR had the most pick-6s in the country.

I'm not a "cigar boy"

BUT

I would love to be part of something that would get some $$$ in the pockets of those guys thru the NIL deal, as long as they continue to prove it on the field.

That's the point. you can't do that. you can't say I'm gonna pay you per game performance. The sponsorship (to be big enough and worth the time and effort) would be for the full year and subject to be renewed.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2021, 03:41 PM
That's the point. you can't do that. you can't say I'm gonna pay you per game performance. The sponsorship (to be big enough and worth the time and effort) would be for the full year and subject to be renewed.

Two clarifications.
Pay for performance isn't allowed.
Neither is offering an NLI deal as part of a recruiting inducement. But if a program is started for a position..and is continued the next year. the player should be able to put it together...

https://legiscan.com/MS/text/SB2313/2021

Jarius
08-24-2021, 03:47 PM
Not understanding. Cigar Boys and handlers always had to cover their trails to stay clean. Now all they have to do now is write a check out of their personal account. So what's the problem?

You still have fans that think all of the other teams get 4 and 5 stars by being cheaters and ours come for free. You can’t reason with people who actually think athletes haven’t been getting paid under the table (even by good ole MSU!) this entire time. They think this is all some big revelation.

Extendedcab
08-24-2021, 04:10 PM
You still have fans that think all of the other teams get 4 and 5 stars by being cheaters and ours come for free. You can’t reason with people who actually think athletes haven’t been getting paid under the table (even by good ole MSU!) this entire time. They think this is all some big revelation.

NO, everybody knows and has for many years that the best players get money/gifts and the larger schools have deeper pockets. The thing is it used to be under the table, a taboo - against the rules, and for the average fan colleges had somewhat of a semblance of having STUDENT/ATHLETES (Student being first) or amateur athletes. That is not true anymore, they are now professionals whether they like it or not. They are getting payed, in the open like pro athletes. It takes some of the mystique and pageantry and just pure love of competition away from the game that used to be there. Now it is ALL about money and the original reason for attending college, an education, is gone.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2021, 04:18 PM
NO, everybody knows and has for many years that the best players get money/gifts and the larger schools have deeper pockets. The thing is it used to be under the table, a taboo - against the rules, and for the average fan colleges had somewhat of a semblance of having STUDENT/ATHLETES (Student being first) or amateur athletes. That is not true anymore, they are now professionals whether they like it or not. They are getting payed, in the open like pro athletes. It takes some of the mystique and pageantry and just pure love of competition away from the game that used to be there. Now it is ALL about money and the original reason for attending college, an education, is gone.

Again. if you don't like it. find a new hobby. It's legal. it's done. College sports are big business and the athletes DESERVE to get a little cash out of it considering how much the NCAA and schools make on them each year.

Jarius
08-24-2021, 04:27 PM

This is some back row Baptist BS right here. “It’s all right if I do it and no one finds out”. Like going into the liquor store with a hoodie on so no one can recognize you. The school is not paying them. They are not professionals. The Olympians have been able to get paid since the beginning of time through endorsements and they were strictly amateur for many years. The biggest difference now is a college kid isn’t going to get his life ruined and eligibility taken when someone finds out he signed autographs and got paid for it. Whoopty doo. Telling a grown ass man or woman they can’t make money off of their own name is some communistic BS.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2021, 04:28 PM
Anyone know if the University ever moved forward with co-branding or anything to allow athletes to appear in MSU gear? I know TA wasn't allowed to with his baseball cards and shirts this summer.

Texas just signed a deal with The Brandr Group which allows all players to to earn money with NLI but also the schools TM and logos.
Thus a longhorn fan can now buy a Jersey with the players name on it.
But MORE so, it allows a group of players to band together and be more valuable.

Meanwhile Bama is allowing players to co-brand
https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1427658669647405062

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2021, 04:28 PM

But they are not paid athletes. They are athletes that now have the right to make money off of their fame and ability.

What they do have now is equal rights to every other 18-22 year old person in this country. They have the right to make money and transfer like any other student in the country. Which is fine by me.

If you/NCAA were so concerned about it, why didn't the NCAA set a payment schedule to each athlete in school? Why do they have age requirements on declaring for the NFL draft? Why do they have eligibility requirements on the number of years someone can play on the team? If you want money out of the game, then take money out of the game. No more billion dollar contracts with TV. No more allowed advertising dollars for coaches and jumbotrons, etc.

There were about 20 ways they could have fixed this, but they decided to give the players equal rights to every other student on campus. No other student has to be an amateur? Every other student can have a job or make any other money they want as long as it is legal.

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2021, 04:33 PM
Again. if you don't like it. find a new hobby. It's legal. it's done. College sports are big business and the athletes DESERVE to get a little cash out of it considering how much the NCAA and schools make on them each year.

absolutely. Like I said, if the university wanted to be on the forefront of this, every student athlete that is officially added to the team should get a cut of the 50 million dollar check they just got. 10 million divided by 300 = $33,333 per student athlete yearly.
Who else is going to have that much of a deal?
You may even be able to add to that funds given to the university.
Either way, our student athletes give up their bodies for our enjoyment. The school keeps 40 and the athletes get 10. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

And if you want to argue this doesn't meet the requriements of the NIL, why does the university get the right to use the student's likeness? Schollies pay for the on the field production. The 10 million bump pay for the right to use them in promotional stuff.
Easily explained.

Extendedcab
08-24-2021, 05:24 PM
But they are not paid athletes. They are athletes that now have the right to make money off of their fame and ability.

What they do have now is equal rights to every other 18-22 year old person in this country. They have the right to make money and transfer like any other student in the country. Which is fine by me.

If you/NCAA were so concerned about it, why didn't the NCAA set a payment schedule to each athlete in school? Why do they have age requirements on declaring for the NFL draft? Why do they have eligibility requirements on the number of years someone can play on the team? If you want money out of the game, then take money out of the game. No more billion dollar contracts with TV. No more allowed advertising dollars for coaches and jumbotrons, etc.

There were about 20 ways they could have fixed this, but they decided to give the players equal rights to every other student on campus. No other student has to be an amateur? Every other student can have a job or make any other money they want as long as it is legal.

Oh but they are! The university may not be paying them directly, other than a free education and other perks, but they are now getting openly paid by someone for what they do - play sports.

Extendedcab
08-24-2021, 05:37 PM
This is some back row Baptist BS right here. “It’s all right if I do it and no one finds out”. Like going into the liquor store with a hoodie on so no one can recognize you. The school is not paying them. They are not professionals. The Olympians have been able to get paid since the beginning of time through endorsements and they were strictly amateur for many years. The biggest difference now is a college kid isn’t going to get his life ruined and eligibility taken when someone finds out he signed autographs and got paid for it. Whoopty doo. Telling a grown ass man or woman they can’t make money off of their own name is some communistic BS.

Where does this madness stop - high school, middle school, pee wee or little league! Why can't they get paid or have a trust fund set up for them until they reach age. Their name and likeness is also being used. If you have no standard, you will fall for every new doctrine that comes along.

NIL only became an issue as the size of stadiums increased to professional size and television revenue grew so large. It is the amount of money involved that is the driving force. Everybody wants a piece of the pie. Follow the money and greed!

Jarius
08-24-2021, 05:55 PM
Where does this madness stop - high school, middle school, pee wee or little league! Why can't they get paid or have a trust fund set up for them until they reach age. Their name and likeness is also being used. If you have no standard, you will fall for every new doctrine that comes along.

NIL only became an issue as the size of stadiums increased to professional size and television revenue grew so large. It is the amount of money involved that is the driving force. Everybody wants a piece of the pie. Follow the money and greed!

Oh no! College athletes are taking advantage of capitalism ! What will we do?!?!?! No one should ever be hindered from making money off of their name. There are 8 year old you tube sensations making millions of dollars. So what? If a person can make money off of their name that is absolutely none of your business.

Maroonthirteen
08-24-2021, 08:06 PM
If a player can make money themselves off their likeness.... more power to them.

Suggesting the school should pay players because the school makes millions.... Well the school makes millions because of their brand and the sec brand. So if you are sharing the schools money, you need to cut a check to all those former athletes that built the brand. I don't even know the QBs name at Alabama but someone said he would earn $1MM. That's all the Alabama brand.

Also if a player is going to get paid just because the athletic dept made money. The general population student needs to make money from the MSU foundation. You know... those kids that actually pay for their education.

Maroonthirteen
08-24-2021, 08:22 PM
MSU received 120.7 million in gifts last year alone. When are all students going to receive their cut of this money!?!?!

R2Dawg
08-24-2021, 09:23 PM
MSU received 120.7 million in gifts last year alone. When are all students going to receive their cut of this money!?!?!

Oh noooooo. The students have to pay. Only special people get money. but wait their isn't a University without students and alumni is there so maybe they should get a cut.

Take away students and alumni and all you have left is a pro team that no one would care about or players that would only make about 30K a year. People act like the players are getting nothing from the University. How did all those facilities get there? Who pays for that. Maybe they should pay rent to work out there or play there. There are two sides to this.

Yall think about that for a minute. If sports were not there, good schools would still exist because those are necessary things in society. Sports is a luxury of developed countries. Afghanistan doesn't have college or pro sports. Other countries that do are a shadow of what we have but they have Universities of higher learning.

This is all fact.

OLJWales
08-25-2021, 06:15 AM

Except it's not little. College kids can work for extra cash while football players don't have the time. Compensate them based on that. This NIS shit is weird to say the least. College athletes were not threatening a strike.

SheltonChoked
08-25-2021, 08:06 AM
Sticky a link at the top for the elitedawgs player or position and see what we can do....

Tbonewannabe
08-25-2021, 08:07 AM
The problem with talking about all this money is that money goes to fund the soccer and volleyball teams that no one watches. If we are talking about giving football players a cut then we better do away with Title IX. Football and Men's basketball pretty much pay for every other sport at most universities. Baseball for us makes money but most schools don't.

I have no problem with players signing NIL deals but it is going to put the discrepancy out in the open. Now you will know up front why Bama will sign the #1 recruiting class every year unless Texas outbids them. It is no secret that Ole Missus buys players out from under us all the time. Now we will know exactly how much it cost them. We can maybe even drive up the price on them on certain players to make them waste more money.