PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Sales

confucius say
08-23-2021, 02:51 PM
Heard Cohen on the radio this morning say that as of two weeks ago we were at 80% of the season ticket sales for the 2019 season. I'm guessing that means close to 40k season tickets for 2021.

That is actually better than I thought it'd be. He seemed encouraged also. Said that 80% of 2019 number was better than most schools.

Hot Rock
08-23-2021, 03:05 PM
That is better than I thought for sure.

A 3-7 season will make Mississippi State fans take a step back in buying tickets, so will this pandemic.

This makes me think, if they start winning, things will get better rather quickly.

We have always been fair weather fans. I think it's because tickets are always available if they decided to start going midseason.

If they start winning and tickets get hard to come by, people will complain our stadium is too small. That's just what it is.

Cowbell
08-23-2021, 03:10 PM
The baseball National championship I think has some fans just looking forward to be back around campus and enjoying tailgating together. Add in the fact that there is getting to be less fun things to do with the family because of Covid - heck you can't even go out to eat at upscale restaurants anymore where I live. I would have season tickets if I were closer.

Jarius
08-23-2021, 03:28 PM
That is better than I thought for sure.

A 3-7 season will make Mississippi State fans take a step back in buying tickets, so will this pandemic.

This makes me think, if they start winning, things will get better rather quickly.

We have always been fair weather fans. I think it's because tickets are always available if they decided to start going midseason.

If they start winning and tickets get hard to come by, people will complain our stadium is too small. That's just what it is.

When we are 3-0 people will be on genespage and Facebook bitching about how fellow Bulldogs are price gouging them on tickets and how awful they are. Nevermind the fact that their cheap ass hasn’t ever bought season tickets or donated a dime to the university and the person selling them likely shelled out thousands of bucks to go watch an inferior product for the past half decade.

Maroonthirteen
08-24-2021, 09:41 AM
With this delta variant running rampant, I'm surprised they (all schools) are having full crowds. .... but got to get that dollar.

It's certainly making me rethink going to any games this season.

Homedawg
08-24-2021, 11:11 AM
When we are 3-0 people will be on genespage and Facebook bitching about how fellow Bulldogs are price gouging them on tickets and how awful they are. Nevermind the fact that their cheap ass hasn’t ever bought season tickets or donated a dime to the university and the person selling them likely shelled out thousands of bucks to go watch an inferior product for the past half decade.

This is well said, and very true.

Maroonthirteen
08-24-2021, 11:30 AM
Better have your papers. It's coming.

Covid screener. Metal detector. You may enter.

http://https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_9a8ac00e-04ec-11ec-a549-df7e6131e3cb.html (https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_9a8ac00e-04ec-11ec-a549-df7e6131e3cb.html)

confucius say
08-24-2021, 12:04 PM
Well the LSU policy is garbage. Optics only. If you're going to implement a policy, have one with teeth that actually may help keep people safe.

The LSU policy only requires a picture on your phone of a vaccine card or of a negative test. And does not require a photo ID to match against them to ensure identity.