PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Leaf = idiot

Maverick91
08-23-2021, 08:04 AM
below are his thoughts on when the dust settles down.

West:

A&M 12-0
Ole Miss 10-2
Alabama 10-2
LSU 8-4
Arkansas 6-6
Auburn 6-6
Miss State 5-7

East:

Georgia 11-1
Kentucky 10-2
Florida 9-3
Missouri 9-3
Tennessee 6-6
South Carolina 4-8
Vandy 3-9

there are a few on here that make sense. But, most of this seems so off base. I honestly don't understand.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2021, 08:30 AM
Feels at times like the media is purposefully driving fans that would be potential MSU fans to cheer for Bama or LSU.

I really believe there is a undercurrent to consolidate college football and part of that plan is too dissolve the 2nd tier programs.

msstate7
08-23-2021, 08:35 AM
Why does he like Kentucky so much? If Kentucky is good, that makes a 6-7th win really tough

Maverick91
08-23-2021, 08:39 AM
Feels at times like the media is purposefully driving fans that would be potential MSU fans to cheer for Bama or LSU.

I really believe there is a undercurrent to consolidate college football and part of that plan is too dissolve the 2nd tier programs.

I wont disagree with you, But, even then to put Ole Miss that high and to think that A&M will go 12-0. That's just dumb.

BTW dude, what happened? Why do you only post a percentage of what you used to post? I miss your thoughts dude.

Maverick91
08-23-2021, 08:39 AM
Why does he like Kentucky so much? If Kentucky is good, that makes a 6-7th win really tough

That's what I am trying to figure out especially after all those guys got arrested.

Tbonewannabe
08-23-2021, 08:44 AM
Did he start doing drugs again?

Johnson85
08-23-2021, 08:48 AM
below are his thoughts on when the dust settles down.

West:

A&M 12-0
Ole Miss 10-2
Alabama 10-2
LSU 8-4
Arkansas 6-6
Auburn 6-6
Miss State 5-7

East:

Georgia 11-1
Kentucky 10-2
Florida 9-3
Missouri 9-3
Tennessee 6-6
South Carolina 4-8
Vandy 3-9

there are a few on here that make sense. But, most of this seems so off base. I honestly don't understand.

He is either really dialed in and knows the rosters better than almost everybody else, or he's a moron.

Offshore Dawg
08-23-2021, 08:57 AM
I'm sorry but when did this clown's (Leaf) opinion start to amount to shit at any point.

RiverCityDawg
08-23-2021, 08:59 AM
Ole miss is going to have a great offense but I don't think they'll be better than last year without Moore, and they'll be no better on defense.

If everything goes exactly right for them and teams like Louisville, LSU, Auburn and State stink then MAYBE they could get to 9 wins. Maybe. Conversely if they don't get the breaks and the teams I mentioned are pretty good, I see their floor as 5 wins. 6 or 7 wins seems the most likely scenario... This is all pretty much what I think about State too, just sub NCSt in for Louisville.

Commercecomet24
08-23-2021, 09:01 AM
Did he start doing drugs again?

He's the Ozzy Osbourne of football prognosticators.

Tbonewannabe
08-23-2021, 09:04 AM
Ole miss is going to have a great offense but I don't think they'll be better than last year without Moore, and they'll be no better on defense.

If everything goes exactly right for them and teams like Louisville, LSU, Auburn and State stink then MAYBE they could get to 9 wins. Maybe. Conversely if they don't get the breaks and the teams I mentioned are pretty good, I see their floor as 5 wins. 6 or 7 wins seems the most likely scenario... This is all pretty much what I think about State too, just sub NCSt in for Louisville.

Yep, our defense will be a lot better than UM's but their offense will probably be better unless Leach figures it out.

Bothrops
08-23-2021, 02:25 PM
He is either really dialed in and knows the rosters better than almost everybody else, or he's a moron.

I'll take Vegas over his opinion

basedog
08-23-2021, 03:29 PM
If a defense and offense or say the same, which would you choose to win. Times have changed, I'd go with offense in today's game, but the great Pat Summit said "offense sells tickets....defense wins games".

Gotta score now days, want see many games 7-6, 14-10, 21-17 now days.

TrapGame
08-23-2021, 03:58 PM

Matt Jones (UK beat writer) was on SEC radio on SXM this morning. They are pretty hype about this bunch. He said they are going to throw it more. Their QB is supposed to have a really good arm. Jones described them as more Burrow/LSU 2019. They are going to throw a lot more than than used to.

However, he mentioned some off the field stuff causing noise in the locker room. Not only the players problems with the burglary charges but two asst. coaches were arrested (charges later dropped) in the Spring too.

RiverCityDawg
08-23-2021, 04:15 PM
Matt Jones (UK beat writer) was on SEC radio on SXM this morning. They are pretty hype about this bunch. He said they are going to throw it more. Their QB is supposed to have a really good arm. Jones described them as more Burrow/LSU 2019. They are going to throw a lot more than than used to.

However, he mentioned some off the field stuff causing noise in the locker room. Not only the players problems with the burglary charges but two asst. coaches were arrested (charges later dropped) in the Spring too.

Matt Jones is a pretty hardcore Kentucky fan, so he could be right but he's definitely biased.

And where have I heard this before??.. A program that usually just runs it gets a new coach and transfer QB and thinks all the sudden they are going to be a passing machine in just one year. I mean, what can go wrong?**

They'll definitely TRY to pass it more this year, but I'll wait and see if they're good at it before believing it.

99jc
08-23-2021, 04:19 PM
Ryan Leaf.....What do you expect from one of the biggest busts in NFL History. He was and is the epitome of overrated!

klong-dog
08-23-2021, 04:30 PM
He's still pissed Leach left Wazzou

parabrave
08-23-2021, 05:23 PM

Maybe so BUT they are still Kentucky and this ain't Basketball. And any po0le which has Bama at 10-2 should automatically thrown out

TrapGame
08-23-2021, 05:51 PM
Matt Jones is a pretty hardcore Kentucky fan, so he could be right but he's definitely biased.

And where have I heard this before??.. A program that usually just runs it gets a new coach and transfer QB and thinks all the sudden they are going to be a passing machine in just one year. I mean, what can go wrong?**

They'll definitely TRY to pass it more this year, but I'll wait and see if they're good at it before believing it.

Oh yeah, he was laying it on pretty thick. There's no way in hell UK finishes 3rd in the East. He was even talking about how their QB has a NFL quality arm. That's when I knew he was smoking the Blue Grass.

TrapGame
08-23-2021, 05:56 PM
ole miss at 10-2???

Leaf must have talked to McReady. He was on SEC Today on SXM this afternoon. He thinks the defense is gonna be thoroughly mediocre but the offense is gonna be lights out special which somehow equates to a serious shot at a 9-3 season.

The Federalist Engineer
08-23-2021, 07:10 PM
https://img-bleacherreport-net.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/058/488/hi-res-9ce416a6a9e9e5f0ed93d89272590b5d_crop_north.jpg?14 10383392&w=3072&h=2048

Dawgfan77
08-24-2021, 06:24 AM
ole miss at 10-2???

Leaf must have talked to McReady. He was on SEC Today on SXM this afternoon. He thinks the defense is gonna be thoroughly mediocre but the offense is gonna be lights out special which somehow equates to a serious shot at a 9-3 season.

So the defense is going to be very mediocre and the offense is going to be special....don't they practice against each other??? Using logic here but I'm thinking OM greatly under achieves this year as Matty ice throws a ton of pics this year

westmonroedawg1974
09-21-2021, 02:06 PM
ole miss at 10-2???

Idiot!

Dawgfan77
09-21-2021, 02:11 PM
Idiot!

The have beaten a bad Louisville team, Austin Peay and Tulane....let's pump the brakes a bit

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2021, 02:16 PM

This OM team reminds me of the 2015 OM team I think....they were beating the breaks off of the cupcakes early on like put up 76 on somebody. I think that is the year they went to the Sugar Bowl and one of the years they beat Bama.

MaroonFlounder
09-21-2021, 02:20 PM
I can take my maroon glasses off and see that this om offense is being run really effectively. We'll see how they do against better competition. What they do is unreal from a tempo standpoint and getting a smart play off in just a handful of seconds of real time. Any defense they face will be gassed beyond measure if they can't get stops. Matt C can kill you with his legs as well, not gonna lie.

confucius say
09-21-2021, 02:23 PM
I know you joined today and are trolling, but I don't think Mississippi goes 10-2. Very good team. But has a SOS of 78 right now.

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2021, 03:01 PM
Well based on what I am seeing, he may not be that wrong.
Ole Miss and Kentucky are both wrong as they both should be #3 on their sides.
Bama is better than aTm, so put bama 1, aTm at 2, and UM #3.

Everything else is good to go based on performance this year so far.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-21-2021, 03:34 PM
Does ATM even have a healthy QB?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-21-2021, 04:16 PM
Sound like y'all are more upset that he has OM at 10-2 than MSU at 5-7. That's a problem. We're ok with being bad but are more upset with OM being good.

lastmajordog
09-21-2021, 04:25 PM
If corral stays healthy I think it?s very possible. I also think (why I don?t know) that the Hogs will give them fits. om concernes me, it looks like the stars are aligning as it did for the
dogs in 14.

confucius say
09-21-2021, 04:56 PM
If corral stays healthy I think it?s very possible. I also think (why I don?t know) that the Hogs will give them fits. om concernes me, it looks like the stars are aligning as it did for the
dogs in 14.

This is their year, no doubt. First round qb. Veteran OL. Solid skill guys. Can the defense hold up will be the question.