PDA

View Full Version : Re: Recruiting Limitations & The Transfer Portal....

TUSK
08-20-2021, 06:04 PM
With apologies to 'Gun...

https://www.si.com/college/2021/08/20/ncaa-football-signing-limit-change-transfer-portal

"College football signing classes are expected to soon grow in size.

NCAA officials are moving closer to an immediate expansion of the annual 25-person signing limit as a way for coaches to replace players they?ve lost to the burgeoning transfer portal."

TheLostDawg
08-20-2021, 06:32 PM
Of course they are. So now Alabama can just push out the guys that didn't pan out and go get some 4* to go with all their 5.

TheLostDawg
08-20-2021, 06:35 PM
I understand the problem it creates, having all the guys transfer out. The only way I could see to make it a little more fair is you can only sign 25 high school/juco guys and for everyone that transfers out, you can only replace with another transfer.

confucius say
08-20-2021, 06:56 PM
Just lower the total roster size to 75 schollies.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-21-2021, 12:19 AM
I understand the problem it creates, having all the guys transfer out. The only way I could see to make it a little more fair is you can only sign 25 high school/juco guys and for everyone that transfers out, you can only replace with another transfer.

But, but, the NCAA won't do that because it makes to much sense.

Cowbell
08-21-2021, 05:54 AM
Well the NCAA is about to be no more, so??

Leeshouldveflanked
08-21-2021, 07:15 AM
Good for BAMA?. Bad for MSU.

maroonmania
08-21-2021, 07:24 PM
Just lower the total roster size to 75 schollies.

Works for me. Bring in whatever signees and transfers you need but at the end of the day you can only carry 75 on scholarship per academic year. Glut of scholarships in college football is the absolute biggest factor in keeping the sport from being way more competitive across the board and in turn much more entertaining. As I've said many times, college football is the least competitive major sports product in America.