PDA

View Full Version : Trip Wilson DUI

TheLostDawg
08-20-2021, 02:53 PM
Reported per, you guessed it, the CL

Hot Rock
08-20-2021, 02:59 PM
He got a DUI... that's not good and public record. OK. I got no problem with it being reported.

That is on him not to screw up like that.

It's not like he broke into someone's home and held them to gunpoint and no one finds about it until six months later or anything. Don't get me wrong Drinking and driving can kill and it should not be condoned.

DownwardDawg
08-20-2021, 03:17 PM
Drinking and driving, while extremely dangerous, is nowhere near as dangerous as texting and driving. And every teenager, mom, 18 wheeler driver I pass is doing it now.

Hot Rock
08-20-2021, 04:04 PM
Drinking and driving, while extremely dangerous, is nowhere near as dangerous as texting and driving. And every teenager, mom, 18 wheeler driver I pass is doing it now.

Good point!

State82
08-20-2021, 04:06 PM

True story.

SilentSteel16
08-20-2021, 08:08 PM
I am not knocking on the kid, but based on what I?ve personally seen of him, if this is the worst trouble he gets into he is lucky. Everyone saw this coming, at a minimum.

SailingDawg
08-20-2021, 08:11 PM
I thought Flip Wilson died awhile ago.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-20-2021, 09:12 PM

The Devil made him do it!

DownwardDawg
08-20-2021, 09:15 PM

Oh man. He was great!!!

Travelingdawg
08-20-2021, 09:16 PM
Geraldine!

Cowbell
08-20-2021, 09:16 PM
I am not knocking on the kid, but based on what I?ve personally seen of him, if this is the worst trouble he gets into he is lucky. Everyone saw this coming, at a minimum.

Will he ever touch the field

SilentSteel16
08-20-2021, 10:25 PM
Special Teams

Dawg_Lover
08-21-2021, 01:51 AM
Both texting or drinking, while driving, are equally dangerous.
Personally, I have known of 2 young women whose lives were destroyed by drunk drivers.

One, a 21 year old, was hit head on by a drunk driver going about 100 mph. She lived 15 to 20 years a quadriplegic, and her mother was her only caretaker until she died. The drunk driver went to prison.

The other was a young nurse and mother, of two, coming home from work, at the hospital. A drunk driver hit her, running her off the road, then drove off and left her there. She was both paralyzed and brain damaged I believe. The drunk driver got a slap on the wrist. She lived about 5 to 10 years.

Two lives, two families destroyed because of idiots that had no business being behind the wheel of a car.

As a young person, I did a couple of stupid things that just by the Grace of God I didn?t hurt anyone. Thankfully I grew out of it. I rarely drink, maybe 1 glass of wine every month or two, and I do not text and drive. I?ve tried talking to a close friend that texts and drives, but it falls on deaf ears.

My feelings are that anyone that causes bodily harm, or death, while texting and driving should be held accountable, suffering the same consequences, just as they would if they had been drinking.

Sorry for the rant, but this conversation touched a nerve.
Teach your children, if they are going to drink, be responsible.

And, where marijuana is concerned, buy and read Alex Berenson?s well researched book, ?Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence?. Read it, educate your children, and have your teens read it. The New Yorker & Mother Jones Magazine both recommended this book. That ought to tell you something. It is an eye opener, and could explain some of the increasing violence today.

bulldawg28
08-21-2021, 04:59 AM

Stupid post

Offshore Dawg
08-21-2021, 07:53 AM

Trip wilson ??

SilentSteel16
08-21-2021, 08:53 AM
Bulldawg28 unless you personally know the kids better than i do then you can stupid post all you want. There is a group this player runs with that has a “going for 4” saying. Unless you can tell me what that means don’t act like you know anything. By the way HE explained what it meant to me. I laughed in his face and thought he was joking. Sadly he wasn’t. So yeah was not surprised in the least to hear this news.

SilentSteel16
08-21-2021, 09:28 AM
The kid boasts about Ole Miss saying he was too much of a risk for them, so he came to State. That came straight out of his mouth last fall, and this is firsthand information.. just because it is not what you want to believe doesn’t make something stupid… kind of like Skeeter from Varsity Blues

Lord McBuckethead
08-21-2021, 12:16 PM

Drinking and driving while texting though.....
Also, Trip Wilson didn't read my advice to the football players post.

bulldawg28
08-22-2021, 05:54 AM
Bulldawg28 unless you personally know the kids better than i do then you can stupid post all you want. There is a group this player runs with that has a “going for 4” saying. Unless you can tell me what that means don’t act like you know anything. By the way HE explained what it meant to me. I laughed in his face and thought he was joking. Sadly he wasn’t. So yeah was not surprised in the least to hear this news.

I actually know more about the kid than you. You sound like an ESPN reporter that heard about something then met the individual to get clarity about a statement. That doesn't give you insight on whom a person is meeting them once. Keep being a fan because you suck at being an insider.

Cowbell
08-22-2021, 07:48 AM
Drinking and driving while texting though.....
Also, Trip Wilson didn't read my advice to the football players post.

Probably because it happened before your post.... start a little earlier next year.

Cowbell
08-22-2021, 07:51 AM
Comparing drinking to texting just to rationalize what happened is nieve. Texting and driving may be just as dangerous but driving while intoxicated is one of the most selfish and irresponsible things a human can do and they absolutely deserve jail time for it.

SilentSteel16
08-22-2021, 03:47 PM
Never said I was an insider but when someone shows you who they are then you just leave it be. Met him several times and each interaction was the same. Common denominator is that is who he is. ESPN reporter? I never asked him anything that he wasn?t actively talking about. For him to come out and say and do what he done speaks volumes. If you know him, then give the kid some advise because he is setting himself up on a bad course. He needs to get away from JDee, because that alone is a big red flag.

OLJWales
08-22-2021, 08:14 PM
Both texting or drinking, while driving, are equally dangerous.
Personally, I have known of 2 young women whose lives were destroyed by drunk drivers.

One, a 21 year old, was hit head on by a drunk driver going about 100 mph. She lived 15 to 20 years a quadriplegic, and her mother was her only caretaker until she died. The drunk driver went to prison.

The other was a young nurse and mother, of two, coming home from work, at the hospital. A drunk driver hit her, running her off the road, then drove off and left her there. She was both paralyzed and brain damaged I believe. The drunk driver got a slap on the wrist. She lived about 5 to 10 years.

Two lives, two families destroyed because of idiots that had no business being behind the wheel of a car.

As a young person, I did a couple of stupid things that just by the Grace of God I didn?t hurt anyone. Thankfully I grew out of it. I rarely drink, maybe 1 glass of wine every month or two, and I do not text and drive. I?ve tried talking to a close friend that texts and drives, but it falls on deaf ears.

My feelings are that anyone that causes bodily harm, or death, while texting and driving should be held accountable, suffering the same consequences, just as they would if they had been drinking.

Sorry for the rant, but this conversation touched a nerve.
Teach your children, if they are going to drink, be responsible.

And, where marijuana is concerned, buy and read Alex Berenson?s well researched book, ?Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence?. Read it, educate your children, and have your teens read it. The New Yorker & Mother Jones Magazine both recommended this book. That ought to tell you something. It is an eye opener, and could explain some of the increasing violence today.

I'd hafta be pretty damned drunk to be more dangerous than a texter. Weed ain't shit. Know too many successful and happy people in their 60' who still puff. Anything else is just reefer madness.

R2Dawg
08-22-2021, 08:24 PM

They are both dangerous but texting in general is not as bad. Why. Well a person is only texting some of the time, drunk driving is all the time. The odds are with the texter.

Other distractions can be fiddling with the radio, on the phone, doing makeup, talking to people in the back seat, driving with dog in your window, etc.. There are tons of things that can cause a wreck. Drunk driving is again worse than all because you are affected 100% of time.

OLJWales
08-23-2021, 09:50 AM
1 beer or 10? Maybe something in between? I know damn well after a full meal with 2 stiff drinks and a glass of dry red. I'm 10X the driver many a sober folk I've rode shotgun with. Also, I weigh 150 and if a rookie drinker tried that at 300lbs he'd be shit faced. Drink Iimits and blood alcohol blood level limits are jokes.

Hot Rock
08-23-2021, 02:20 PM
Comparing drinking to texting just to rationalize what happened is nieve. Texting and driving may be just as dangerous but driving while intoxicated is one of the most selfish and irresponsible things a human can do and they absolutely deserve jail time for it.

I say texting and driving is just as irresponsible and wrong. Why is it so bad? Because people do it every time they get in the car. The more they do it and get away with it, the more complacent they become with doing it until they finally either get a scare or they cause an accident.

I am not saying it's not selfish and stupid to drink and drive but I am saying texting kills more than drunk driving and it should not be acceptable either.

DownwardDawg
08-23-2021, 03:08 PM
I say texting and driving is just as irresponsible and wrong. Why is it so bad? Because people do it every time they get in the car. The more they do it and get away with it, the more complacent they become with doing it until they finally either get a scare or they cause an accident.

I am not saying it's not selfish and stupid to drink and drive but I am saying texting kills more than drunk driving and it should not be acceptable either.

This 100%

OLJWales
08-23-2021, 05:25 PM

Bull shit. Take a Valium and wash it down with a beer.

Newguy1
08-24-2021, 08:10 AM
What in the world does ?going for 4? mean??

SilentSteel16
08-24-2021, 08:19 AM
It has to do with notoriety, either being on field for 4 quarters or with random girls to equal 4 quarters or jail time…. I am not going into details on it but it is a real thing. There is ALOT more to it but that is the crux of it. If I ever heard my kid even remotely doing it then I already told him what was going to happen. College kids being stupid and thinking they are untouchable.

OLJWales
08-24-2021, 10:31 AM

Dumbass Jerk post. Get that shit out of here.

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2021, 10:32 AM
I'd hafta be pretty damned drunk to be more dangerous than a texter. Weed ain't shit. Know too many successful and happy people in their 60' who still puff. Anything else is just reefer madness.

For someone that doesn't smoke weed, if you do smoke weed it can mess you the 17 up. How about we all just agree that driving under impairment (whatever that means for you personally) is dangerous and selfish that can lead to the deaths of other people and should all be treated with differing but similar legal actions.

OLJWales
08-25-2021, 06:22 AM

Weed is safer than getting drunk behind the wheel.

Lord McBuckethead
08-25-2021, 07:44 AM
I have no idea who this kid is.

CaptainObvious
08-25-2021, 08:06 AM
I heard that driving with Covid is the most dangerous of all and you should put a mask over your face and inject yourself with Wild Turkey to keep other drivers safe from getting the plague.