PDA

View Full Version : Not trying to beat a dead horse

Cowbell
08-19-2021, 03:03 PM
But if you aren't listening to Matt Wyatts new podcast, Better than Average, you are missing out. He dropped some really good insight especially with our offense. His episode today for example he was at practice and the offense was beating the defense in plays won 16-7. He also does a good job explaining why this offense will work with the offensive line gets rolling. He seems to think that we will run the ball a little bit more this year.

Maverick91
08-19-2021, 03:11 PM
But if you aren't listening to Matt Wyatts new podcast, Better than Average, you are missing out. He dropped some really good insight especially with our offense. His episode today for example he was at practice and the offense was beating the defense in plays won 16-7. He also does a good job explaining why this offense will work with the offensive line gets rolling. He seems to think that we will run the ball a little bit more this year.

Is it just on Spotify? I was hoping that he would have it on youtube.

TrapGame
08-19-2021, 03:20 PM

How dare you make me grow wool!****

Cowbell
08-19-2021, 03:53 PM
Is it just on Spotify? I was hoping that he would have it on youtube.

I just use Spotify so I'm not sure. Spotify is free so it's not too bad

Cowbell
08-19-2021, 03:55 PM
How dare you make me grow wool!****

He talks about a daily battle between Polk and Emerson and about Will making a check at the line that led to Johnson taking it to the house Tuesday against number ones. I almost turned it off so I don't raise my expectations lol

Maverick91
08-19-2021, 04:03 PM
I just use Spotify so I'm not sure. Spotify is free so it's not too bad

Yeah, I just listened to it. Really great info.

TrapGame
08-19-2021, 04:05 PM
He talks about a daily battle between Polk and Emerson and about Will making a check at the line that led to Johnson taking it to the house Tuesday against number ones. I almost turned it off so I don't raise my expectations lol

Oh, hell yeah...

I'm going home and listen.

KOdawg1
08-19-2021, 04:34 PM
It's quickly moved up to one of my favorite MSU podcasts with T&L and Out of Left Field

Coach34
08-19-2021, 04:40 PM
It would be criminal not to run the ball more this year

TaleofTwoDogs
08-19-2021, 04:46 PM

Probably your best post ever.

CaptainObvious
08-19-2021, 04:55 PM

Restaurant quality post right there!

confucius say
08-19-2021, 05:02 PM
We ran it I believe 25% of the time last year.
I'd like to see it 33%.

Will can help with that too. He can run for 5+ yards every time against drop 8 if he wants.

Bothrops
08-19-2021, 05:11 PM
I can't listen to that much sports radio, but as far as I'm concerned, Matt is the best in this business when it comes to football speak. He's better than anyone with a syndicated show, when it comes to talking game breakdowns and match ups.

TrapGame
08-19-2021, 05:50 PM
Everyone bitching about the Drop 8 defense needs to listen to Matt break it down on this episode. Good, good stuff!

Spoiler Alert: We forced Georgia out of their Drop 8. Listen to Matt explain it.

TheLostDawg
08-19-2021, 06:04 PM
It's quickly moved up to one of my favorite MSU podcasts with T&L and Out of Left Field

He's certainly my favorite. T&L have too much filler. Wyatt is strictly content(other than advertisement which is limited) and he does a good job with it. I'd rather it be shorter and just about football then hearing two guys laugh about random songs that pop in their head with football scattered out. Plus they're NC State guest, couldn't hear a word that guy was saying. It seemed like the guy had it on speaker phone.

BeardoMSU
08-19-2021, 06:12 PM

It would equivalent to the strategy ploy in Rocky 2, where Mick makes Rocky learn to punch right-handed...to take the opponent by surprise....then when you lull them in...BOOM!, here comes the left!**

Dawgology
08-19-2021, 06:49 PM

I think it?s the best MSU podcast out there right now. T&L is kind of a ?woe is me? in regards to MSU football and football recruiting (they are high on Ole Miss this season though!!) and The Boneyard is basically a 2 hour commercial/top 10 with a little sports mixed in.

Cowbell
08-19-2021, 06:53 PM
He's certainly my favorite. T&L have too much filler. Wyatt is strictly content(other than advertisement which is limited) and he does a good job with it. I'd rather it be shorter and just about football then hearing two guys laugh about random songs that pop in their head with football scattered out. Plus they're NC State guest, couldn't hear a word that guy was saying. It seemed like the guy had it on speaker phone.

Dude this is exactly how I feel. I had to completely quit listening to that podcast.

Dawgology
08-19-2021, 06:54 PM

Yeah sounded like the damn teacher from Charlie Brown and it happens a lot with that show. I just said **** it and turned it off this morning. I mean they called for a NC State to beat us and had Ole Miss in the Top 10 in todays episode of MSU talk show. I am done with them for a while. Hadad is fully integrated into the Ole Miss media conglomerate at this point. Have to be unbiased you know like the clarion Ledger and Sports Talk MS.

confucius say
08-19-2021, 08:37 PM
Yeah sounded like the damn teacher from Charlie Brown and it happens a lot with that show. I just said **** it and turned it off this morning. I mean they called for a NC State to beat us and had Ole Miss in the Top 10 in todays episode of MSU talk show. I am done with them for a while. Hadad is fully integrated into the Ole Miss media conglomerate at this point. Have to be unbiased you know like the clarion Ledger and Sports Talk MS.

Wait, hadad and Faulk said OM was a top 10 team in the country?

Dawgology
08-19-2021, 09:21 PM

Yes, can you imagine an Ole Miss podcast saying something like that? Folks wonder why we have a recruiting problem. This is our ?pro MSU media? lmao

Homedawg
08-19-2021, 09:53 PM
I think it?s the best MSU podcast out there right now. T&L is kind of a ?woe is me? in regards to MSU football and football recruiting (they are high on Ole Miss this season though!!) and The Boneyard is basically a 2 hour commercial/top 10 with a little sports mixed in.

Out of left field is the best. The rest are playing for the silver. But yeah boneyard and t&l are behind Wyatt thus far.

Tbonewannabe
08-20-2021, 08:13 AM

Has a team ever been top 10 with a 100 or worse defense? I don't see their defense being that much better. They lost their best defensive player when he transferred.

TrapGame
08-20-2021, 08:30 AM
Has a team ever been top 10 with a 100 or worse defense? I don't see their defense being that much better. They lost their best defensive player when he transferred.

I heard a rumor that some alums were at a semi-closed practice (to media mostly) this week and they were appalled at how bad the defense still is.

Tripp McNeely
08-20-2021, 09:27 AM

So their opening week o/u is in the 80.5ish range, and they are only 7ish point favorites, which extrapolates to 4-7 Louisville team hanging 36-37 on them?imagine what SEC offenses will do.

TrapGame
08-20-2021, 09:33 AM
So their opening week o/u is in the 80.5ish range, and they are only 7ish point favorites, which extrapolates to 4-7 Louisville team hanging 36-37 on them?imagine what SEC offenses will do.

Sweet Baby Buddha.

If they get into a boat race with Louisville it's gonna be a loooong miserable season for the Powder Blue Mafia.

Maverick91
08-20-2021, 09:46 AM

I hate to say it, but, it will be an entertaining game if that happens.

Cowbell
08-20-2021, 10:09 AM
I heard a rumor that some alums were at a semi-closed practice (to media mostly) this week and they were appalled at how bad the defense still is.

Well that offense in unstoppable***

BeardoMSU
08-20-2021, 11:03 AM
Well that offense in unstoppable***

Not a Fan Neal has 'em penciled in at 9-3 with a shot at 10-2, lol.

https://c.tenor.com/9OQCZNZCrP0AAAAC/the-new-celebrity-apprentice-celebrity-apprentice.gif

TrapGame
08-20-2021, 11:06 AM

https://c.tenor.com/9OQCZNZCrP0AAAAC/the-new-celebrity-apprentice-celebrity-apprentice.gif

9-3???

Not even if that defense is improved to the point of being just mediocre.

Dawgology
08-20-2021, 11:19 AM

Apparently so does The T&L MSU podcast. I wish I was kidding. For the first time in years I?ve stopped listening to them. The loss of Joel T. has really allowed Hadad to go ultra negative. Ole Miss hasn?t made an actual bowl game (outside of an insane Covid year) in like 5 years yet they are ALWAYS given the benefit of the doubt even by MSU media?it?s laughable.

Cowbell
08-20-2021, 12:04 PM

That means Corral would be in New York at the end of the year and I highly doubt that

TheLostDawg
08-20-2021, 05:02 PM
Apparently so does The T&L MSU podcast. I wish I was kidding. For the first time in years I?ve stopped listening to them. The loss of Joel T. has really allowed Hadad to go ultra negative. Ole Miss hasn?t made an actual bowl game (outside of an insane Covid year) in like 5 years yet they are ALWAYS given the benefit of the doubt even by MSU media?it?s laughable.

The thing is they gave ole Miss the benefit of every 50/50 game. When they talked about us on the other hand...
And even though they (maybe just one of them) picked us to beat them, everything they said about that game made you think there is no way we are going to. The thing is if they think ole Miss is going to beat us, I wish they'd just say it.

PGHBulldogBG
08-21-2021, 08:20 PM
I will fully admit I am afraid Ole Miss will beat us because I am not sold on this offense but I also don?t think Ole Miss is a top 20 team. I think they go either 7-5 or 8-4 depending on if they beat us or not. The losses will be Bama aTm LSU and one or two of Auburn/UL/Liberty/State. The rest of their games are most likely fairly easy wins. Tennessee Vanderbilt 2 non conference arkansas at home will be 5 easy ones.

confucius say
08-21-2021, 08:38 PM
I think our offense has a better chance of improving to middle of the pack than their defense does.
And I think our defense and their offense will be top 3-4 in the league.

Dawgology
08-21-2021, 09:19 PM
I will fully admit I am afraid Ole Miss will beat us because I am not sold on this offense but I also don?t think Ole Miss is a top 20 team. I think they go either 7-5 or 8-4 depending on if they beat us or not. The losses will be Bama aTm LSU and one or two of Auburn/UL/Liberty/State. The rest of their games are most likely fairly easy wins. Tennessee Vanderbilt 2 non conference arkansas at home will be 5 easy ones.

Maybe?but it?s been 5 (real) seasons since Ole Miss has been to a bowl game. Why does anyone think that will change this season? They have a bad defense again possibly worse and they lost most of their offensive production in their WR Corp. are they basing their success prognostication on Corral returning? Lmao.

99jc
08-21-2021, 10:15 PM

Hadad needs to stick with what he does best.........eating!