PDA

View Full Version : So QB production

Lord McBuckethead
08-17-2021, 07:25 PM
What would be a reasonable expectation for our QBs production this year? In jest, I put out there 6k plus 1000 rushing in an attempt to set something crazy. What, in reality, would Will need to do to win the SEC West?

I say SEC West because let?s be honest, that is the goal.

BeardoMSU
08-17-2021, 07:30 PM
Avg. 5.5 ypa?***

BuckyIsAB****
08-17-2021, 07:32 PM
School record for passing yards attempts touchdowns

msstate7
08-17-2021, 07:37 PM
140 or better passer rating is a reasonable goal.

We ain't winning the west.

Dawgology
08-17-2021, 08:00 PM
What would be a reasonable expectation for our QBs production this year? In jest, I put out there 6k plus 1000 rushing in an attempt to set something crazy. What, in reality, would Will need to do to win the SEC West?

We would need 5k passing yards and an additional 1500 on the ground to even get close.

SheltonChoked
08-17-2021, 08:41 PM

Win 12 regular season games?

Jarius
08-17-2021, 08:46 PM
Gardner Minshew threw for about 4800 yards, 39 touchdowns, 9 picks, and almost 8ypa. That would get us close but even that year WSU didn’t win the pac 12.

Catfish
08-17-2021, 09:10 PM
Gardner Minshew threw for about 4800 yards, 39 touchdowns, 9 picks, and almost 8ypa. That would get us close but even that year WSU didn?t win the pac 12.

You're right, they didn't win the PAC 12, but they had one hell of a season and beat Iowa State in a bowl game that year.

Lord McBuckethead
08-17-2021, 09:11 PM
You're right, they didn't win the PAC 12, but they had one hell of a season and beat Iowa State in a bowl game that year.

They didn?t have our defense either.

Catfish
08-17-2021, 09:13 PM
Very true!

Lord McBuckethead
08-17-2021, 09:15 PM
Alright, I have a new iPhone and I will not be able to put up with the damn ? In place of an apostrophe

LC Dawg
08-17-2021, 09:41 PM

Cheer extremely loud while our defense gives up 3 points/game****

TNDawg35
08-18-2021, 12:10 AM
Not throwing a Pick 6 every game would be nice... I mean hell, there for a bit, we were on pace to shatter the NCAA record for games in a row with Pick 6s with Costello...

Maverick91
08-18-2021, 09:32 AM
Not throwing a Pick 6 every game would be nice... I mean hell, there for a bit, we were on pace to shatter the NCAA record for games in a row with Pick 6s with Costello...

I think we would have won two more games if we didn't play him after the LSU game.

Lord McBuckethead
08-18-2021, 01:40 PM
I think we would have won two more games if we didn't play him after the LSU game.

I believe that as well. It was like the guy couldn?t see defenders playing zone. Like they were invisible

Maverick91
08-18-2021, 02:04 PM
I believe that as well. It was like the guy couldn?t see defenders playing zone. Like they were invisible

Kinda makes sense as to why the Chargers just dropped him. I hope he can land somewhere, but, I really think that injury really got to his head.

TNDawg35
08-18-2021, 10:48 PM

I agree. I think we beat Ark at the least without him.

TrapGame
08-19-2021, 08:32 AM

How many times did we turn it over in the red zone b/c Costello threw it right to a defender?

That's why I think we will be better on offense this season. Will has made better decisions with the ball than Costello.

FISHDAWG
08-19-2021, 08:57 AM
How many times did we turn it over in the red zone b/c Costello threw it right to a defender?

That's why I think we will be better on offense this season. Will has made better decisions with the ball than Costello.

or just fumbled it

Bothrops
08-19-2021, 06:22 PM
Nm

Reason2succeed
08-19-2021, 11:12 PM
I?m not saying we?re going to win the West but I don?t understand why we feel the need to proclaim we won?t.

Alabama is breaking in a new QB and OC.
Auburn has a new HC and Bo Nix at QB.
LSU has a new QB.
Arkansas has a new QB.
A&M has a new QB and is replacing 4 of their OLs.
State and Ole Miss are the only teams with returning QBs.

Why can?t we win the West this year? If the defense plays better and the offense makes three second year jump that Leach?s teams normally make we could make a run at it.

I was blessed to have been a freshman when we won the West at 8-5. Stranger things have happened.

TrapGame
08-20-2021, 08:33 AM
I?m not saying we?re going to win the West but I don?t understand why we feel the need to proclaim we won?t.

Alabama is breaking in a new QB and OC.
Auburn has a new HC and Bo Nix at QB.
LSU has a new QB.
Arkansas has a new QB.
A&M has a new QB and is replacing 4 of their OLs.
State and Ole Miss are the only teams with returning QBs.

Why can?t we win the West this year? If the defense plays better and the offense makes three second year jump that Leach?s teams normally make we could make a run at it.

I was blessed to have been a freshman when we won the West at 8-5. Stranger things have happened.

And it's actually worse than that. Two new coordinators w/ zero college play calling experience. Dave Bartoo even said he would not be shocked if LSU finished last in the West.