PDA

View Full Version : Electronic communication baseball

TheLostDawg
08-15-2021, 03:41 PM
https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2021-08-12/use-one-way-electronic-devices-approved-college-baseball

Todd4State
08-15-2021, 05:05 PM
We should do it since there have been rumors of teams- specifically Arkansas stealing our signs.

Homedawg
08-15-2021, 08:29 PM
We should do it since there have been rumors of teams- specifically Arkansas stealing our signs.

We will I'm sure. Even though I'm not sure the ark thing was legit. But it's possible. Just not likely. But as I mentioned during the season, we never did it this year, even though it was legal in the sec. ole miss on the other hand did. Then once they got to post season they had to go to a sign system. We were already use to it and never checked up. Is that a big deal? Probably not. But there was no transition for us. They had one, whether it mattered or not.

Todd4State
08-16-2021, 02:13 AM
We will I'm sure. Even though I'm not sure the ark thing was legit. But it's possible. Just not likely. But as I mentioned during the season, we never did it this year, even though it was legal in the sec. ole miss on the other hand did. Then once they got to post season they had to go to a sign system. We were already use to it and never checked up. Is that a big deal? Probably not. But there was no transition for us. They had one, whether it mattered or not.

I completely agree about Arkansas. I know things like that happen sometimes. But it rarely comes out like the Astros deal. At any rate if it is suspected it's up to us to change the signs up.

I also agree about the postseason. I'm not exactly sure why a SEC team would not use signs for that reason up until now at least. I think we were wise to do what we did in general.

I don't think Ole Miss lost out because of the transition to signs. They were DOA after they lost Hoglund. And I have to think that Nikhazy was probably close to reaching a breaking point as well.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-16-2021, 03:51 AM
Sign stealing is one thing. Electronic communication stealing is another matter.

lawdawg
08-16-2021, 09:43 AM
Sign stealing is one thing. Electronic communication stealing is another matter.

Electronic communication stealing is a crime.

Homedawg
08-16-2021, 12:48 PM
I completely agree about Arkansas. I know things like that happen sometimes. But it rarely comes out like the Astros deal. At any rate if it is suspected it's up to us to change the signs up.

I also agree about the postseason. I'm not exactly sure why a SEC team would not use signs for that reason up until now at least. I think we were wise to do what we did in general.

I don't think Ole Miss lost out because of the transition to signs. They were DOA after they lost Hoglund. And I have to think that Nikhazy was probably close to reaching a breaking point as well.

Oh I don't think they lost Bc of it at all. But it was a dumb decision if you ask me.

Schultzy
08-16-2021, 08:03 PM
Didn’t we think Auburn was listening in on our play calls at Jordan-Hare one year? Seems like every home team could have their resident geek squad to get that done but I’ve always been inclined towards conspiracy theories.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-16-2021, 08:10 PM
Didn’t we think Auburn was listening in on our play calls at Jordan-Hare one year? Seems like every home team could have their resident geek squad to get that done but I’ve always been inclined towards conspiracy theories.
FSU accused Auburn of stealing signs in BCS Championship game as well.

Schultzy
08-16-2021, 08:14 PM
I don’t have any ethical issue with stealing signs - but listening in on radio communication is way unethical.

Homedawg
08-16-2021, 09:43 PM
I don’t have any ethical issue with stealing signs - but listening in on radio communication is way unethical.

Right. Stealing signs is part of the game. In every sport