PDA

View Full Version : NFL dawgs, preseason

TheLostDawg
08-15-2021, 10:34 AM
Hill first TD. Makes me excited to see what our rb can do when they get to the NFL. They have to have good vision and know how to block in our current offense. Should translate to the NFL if they succeed (and help us continue to sign good backs). Y'all's thoughts.

https://twitter.com/TruMaroonNation/status/1426705999163965440?s=19

MetEdDawg
08-15-2021, 10:42 AM
That's why I think there's a lot of folks that don't realize that Mike Leach's offense is significantly better for guys to learn to get to the next level.

There just aren't a lot of teams that line one guy up and run him 20+ times a game. It's morphed into multi purpose backs that can stay on the field because they are multiple. Can run, can pass catch, can block.

Derrick Henry is an exception and it's partially because he's a massive human being. But each year between 2018-2020 there were only 2 RBs each year with over 300 carries. Guys are getting around 15 carries a game and being asked to catch and pass block more. Leach's offense is going to force you to do that.

TheLostDawg
08-15-2021, 12:01 PM
That's why I think there's a lot of folks that don't realize that Mike Leach's offense is significantly better for guys to learn to get to the next level.

There just aren't a lot of teams that line one guy up and run him 20+ times a game. It's morphed into multi purpose backs that can stay on the field because they are multiple. Can run, can pass catch, can block.

Derrick Henry is an exception and it's partially because he's a massive human being. But each year between 2018-2020 there were only 2 RBs each year with over 300 carries. Guys are getting around 15 carries a game and being asked to catch and pass block more. Leach's offense is going to force you to do that.

Right and those 5* athletic freaks that can do that (Henry) are going to the Alabama's and LSU's of the world that can pay them big money to come. Hopefully we'll be able to consistently get the 4* studs that are all purpose backs that fit his offense and they go on to produce in the NFL. Look at what CEH has done for the chiefs who by the way was a 3*.