PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Commit

ZedFedder
08-13-2021, 09:53 PM
https://twitter.com/JBrownPG/status/1426343010703446023

Really big get out of Madison Central, ranked #47 in the senior class. He flipped from USM. Our recruiting was really good, but it seems like it has gone to another level after the title.

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-13-2021, 10:06 PM
Hell of an athlete. Was the starting RB for football team. But I don?t think he is playing this year due to blowing up in baseball

The Federalist Engineer
08-13-2021, 10:20 PM
Lemonis is getting some physical kids in the pipeline, one swing game-changers like Kellum Clark, this is great.

Further, I wish we always had an MC kid in the lineup. I can't remember the last significant Jaguar in the lineup. Who did I forget?

Todd4State
08-14-2021, 07:00 AM
Lemonis is getting some physical kids in the pipeline, one swing game-changers like Kellum Clark, this is great.

Further, I wish we always had an MC kid in the lineup. I can't remember the last significant Jaguar in the lineup. Who did I forget?

Jarrod Parks.

AlSwearengen
08-14-2021, 10:15 AM
That’s a pretty high ranking so we will probably have to watch mlb. Has Highfill recently made a big move up in the rankings?

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-14-2021, 11:18 AM
I think so. I think him not playing football says he thinks he may have a shot to be drafted

The Federalist Engineer
08-14-2021, 08:32 PM
Jarrod Parks.

That's who I was thinking. 10 years and counting.

Regi Grace, low draft pick. Laxton, Rebel. Montgomery, Stanford. Brayden Jones, Processed in a Fall

Todd4State
08-15-2021, 02:50 AM
That's who I was thinking. 10 years and counting.

Regi Grace, low draft pick. Laxton, Rebel. Montgomery, Stanford. Brayden Jones, Processed in a Fall

Will Brooks briefly played for us.

Scott DeLoach was one of our better hitters and players during Cohen's first couple of years as well. Nick Hardy played pretty well essentially as a fourth outfielder and stole a home run against Clemson in 2007. It wasn't as dramatic or memorable as Brooks Bryan- but still a pretty big play. I think the fans in the LFL were pulling hard on that chain link fence we used to have back there to give Hardy an extra few inches to make that play!

Todd4State
08-15-2021, 02:54 AM
That’s a pretty high ranking so we will probably have to watch mlb. Has Highfill recently made a big move up in the rankings?

He could be drafted but at this point I think there is a better than average chance he comes to MSU. I would compare him draft wise to where Aaron Downs was last year in that he is a good prospect and will be a good player and start for us even though they obviously play different positions. Obviously he could blow up during the season but this draft class already seems to be decent as far as catchers go which may help us in this case.

The two guys to watch as far as the MLB draft are Dakota Jordan and Evan Siary.