PDA

View Full Version : Spring game

TheLostDawg
08-13-2021, 11:36 AM
Whoever is the Mississippi alumni at ESPN, he's doing a good job pushing ole Miss brand.

They got the season documentary or whatever it was and now they are the only spring game on Hulu. I was just scrolling through the sports section and there it was was. The only thing under NCAA football.

FISHDAWG
08-13-2021, 12:58 PM
Whoever is the Mississippi alumni at ESPN, he's doing a good job pushing ole Miss brand.

They got the season documentary or whatever it was and now they are the only spring game on Hulu. I was just scrolling through the sports section and there it was was. The only thing under NCAA football.

They have always been better at marketing their brand than we have ... we keep waiting on our play and on-field results to do it for us but I'm beginning to wonder if that will EVER work - "other than baseball"

thf24
08-13-2021, 01:16 PM
I've never been able to fully discount the conspiracy-ish theory that they have a ton of alumni who wash out of pre-law into journalism and manage to end up in the back rooms at ESPN, where they can push a lot of pro-OM content and ideas up the ladder. It would go a long way towards explaining why OM is consistently a media darling when conventional wisdom says they should be a whipping boy in today's social landscape.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-13-2021, 02:10 PM
Leah Beasley can only do so much.

viverlibre
08-13-2021, 04:57 PM
They have always been better at marketing their brand than we have.

No doubt, UM would have claimed the 1941 natty 30 years ago.

MaroonFlounder
08-13-2021, 05:21 PM
But John Cohen is "the smartest guy in the room"***hahahahahaha!

lastmajordog
08-13-2021, 06:03 PM
One thing I?ve noticed from all networks, during fball games at Starkville most camera?s will focus on the most overweight MSU fans consistently. On the other hand when at om cameras ALWAYS zero in on the most dynamite looking young females in the stadium. I?ve noticed this for MANY years, it?s just so obvious.

TheLostDawg
08-13-2021, 07:21 PM
If we updated our press box that would certainly help win the announcers over some. Seems like some really enjoy Starkville while others bash.

viverlibre
08-13-2021, 09:38 PM
One thing I?ve noticed from all networks, during fball games at Starkville most camera?s will focus on the most overweight MSU fans consistently. On the other hand when at om cameras ALWAYS zero in on the most dynamite looking young females in the stadium. I?ve noticed this for MANY years, it?s just so obvious.

That changed during the CWS, they zeroed in on MSU hotties, even though there were ample "large gals" in attendance.

Jarius
08-13-2021, 09:44 PM
Leah Beasley can only do so much.

Underrated post

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
08-14-2021, 09:00 AM
That was nice....we'll see if they continue that during football season.

R2Dawg
08-15-2021, 07:59 AM
If we updated our press box that would certainly help win the announcers over some. Seems like some really enjoy Starkville while others bash.

No doubt there are media fans of MSU and Starkvegas. Too many of our own fans bash our brand. I don't know about the press boxes but the rest of our stadium is nice, if it needs some attention, we need to do it to win the rest of the media visitors.