PDA

View Full Version : Yawn!

Maverick91
08-11-2021, 11:02 AM
This Thread has gotten boring! We have some really awesome things going for us.

1. We have a really established coach who by all accounts everyone says his second year is a major growth year.
1a. We are starting his second year.
2. we actually kept a d-coordinator for once.
3. Actually didn't we keep the whole staff basically? Mullen couldn't touch that, much less keep himself at State.
4. We have two really good second year backs, who didn't quit on us last year like a certain Senior.
5. We have a good quarterback, that if he actually lifted some weights in the offseason should make some noise this year.
6. It has been said before, but, this receiver group could be the best in our history, and what do ya know, we have a pass happy Coach. double thumbs up!
7. It is looking like our O-line could be really good, at best, it is much better than last year. Good grief!
8. We have a really good kicker and we kept him.
9. Piggy Backing off of number 2. Our Defense was good last year, we lost some, but, we retained ALOT and added some should be studs. This Defense should rival '17 or even '18's defense. Wouldn't be surprised.
10. Last year was a free year for eligibility. So a lot of our guys that are good, but, not quite good enough to make it to the pros can have 1 year more to make their mark. The big dogs in the conference they will lose their guys anyways. So that really could pay dividends for us in a year or two.
11. Ole Miss sucks.
11a. Always will suck.
11b. If you get down, re-read 11-11a.
12. We don't have an AstroTurf field.
13. Our coach is funnier than EVERYONE else's.
14. Apparently we have a great strength and conditioning program.
15. We have Steve Spurrier JR on our staff.

Come on.... there is sooooo much to talk about folks. Are we just antsy and waiting to be surprised? I get it! But, lets talk about being antsy and not Ole Missssss covid numbers.

BTW- if any of you have anyone that is struggling with the vid. Praying for quick recovery!

Anywho lets talk!

HAILSTATE

TrapGame
08-11-2021, 11:17 AM
Speaking of #5, has anyone seen Will lately? Has he muscled up some since last season?

We will have a really good WR corp that is flying under the radar right now.

We will run the ball more. It won't be RTGDFB but it will be a few more rushing attempts than Leach normally has in his system. Our RBs will add an interesting wrinkle to this offense.

Keeping Arnett and staff was HUGE. Our D will be legit good.

StarkVegasSteve
08-11-2021, 11:26 AM
Speaking of #5, has anyone seen Will lately? Has he muscled up some since last season?

We will have a really good WR corp that is flying under the radar right now.

We will run the ball more. It won't be RTGDFB but it will be a few more rushing attempts than Leach normally has in his system. Our RBs will add an interesting wrinkle to this offense.

Keeping Arnett and staff was HUGE. Our D will be legit good.

On Will, he definitely looks like he's added 5-10 lbs of muscle. The biggest thing for him will be the ability to drive the ball down the field accurately. Last year he felt like 40 year old Drew Brees without the accuracy.

On the receivers, I truly believe this is the deepest and most talented receiver room we've had in my lifetime. The only one that I think even comes close is probably the 99 group with Love, Grindle, Huntington, and Sirmones at TE with Rainey out of the backfield or the 15 group with Bear, Ross, Fred Brown, Donald Grey, and Holloway out of the backfield. I mean Walley, Polk, Calvin, Williams, Heath, Griffin, Torbor, and then Marks and Johnson out of the backfield. It's a lot of talent. If the line can hold up and give Will time we could put up some BIG numbers.

parabrave
08-11-2021, 12:24 PM
2 questions for you.

1. Can we block 3 rushers?
2. Can we beat the 3 8 defense?

StarkVegasSteve
08-11-2021, 12:33 PM
2 questions for you.

1. Can we block 3 rushers?
2. Can we beat the 3 8 defense?

2 isn't the problem. You can beat drop 8 all day if you're given enough time. Our problem last year began and ended with not being able to block 3 with 5. It hurried everything up and our QBs could never make it past their first or second read.

Tbonewannabe
08-11-2021, 12:41 PM
Will definitely needed to add some arm strength to be able to throw the deep ball in the SEC. Coverage is too good to have to heave it without any zip on the ball. If he did that then he could be dangerous. He already had a high completion percentage.

I don't think the defense will be 2018 level since that is one of the top defenses in school history. If it is then we might can win 10-12 games if Leach has the offense even mediocre. I would take last year or 2017 level and maybe 8 wins.

I am anxious to see what the WRs look like. They are typically a strong part of Leach's programs. He has put some Pro Bowlers in the NFL so I am excited to see what they look like with an actual full season of implementing the offense. I am also interested to see if Leach has any new wrinkles to the offense after seeing the SEC defensive speed for an entire season. Also, does Will feel more confident in audibling to a run which is what Leach gives his QBs the ability to do? That is probably a big reason why Leach has never started a true freshman before.

Hot Rock
08-11-2021, 12:54 PM
I really really like this team.

I expect the defense will be good and this offense to move the ball. Special teams last year seemed to be well coached as any I have seen in a long time. Lots of KO's will be out of the endzone and we seem to have plenty of athletes to run out there.

Limit turnovers and stay healthy and I expect a 7-5 or 8-4 team with possibilities of 9-3.

I am ready for some Football !!!!

TrapGame
08-11-2021, 12:57 PM
Will definitely needed to add some arm strength to be able to throw the deep ball in the SEC. Coverage is too good to have to heave it without any zip on the ball. If he did that then he could be dangerous. He already had a high completion percentage.

I don't think the defense will be 2018 level since that is one of the top defenses in school history. If it is then we might can win 10-12 games if Leach has the offense even mediocre. I would take last year or 2017 level and maybe 8 wins.

I am anxious to see what the WRs look like. They are typically a strong part of Leach's programs. He has put some Pro Bowlers in the NFL so I am excited to see what they look like with an actual full season of implementing the offense. I am also interested to see if Leach has any new wrinkles to the offense after seeing the SEC defensive speed for an entire season. Also, does Will feel more confident in audibling to a run which is what Leach gives his QBs the ability to do? That is probably a big reason why Leach has never started a true freshman before.

I believe that's why we saw the shift in offensive efficiency toward the end of the season. Will got more comfortable in the offense and better at reading the defense. Will getting that experience last season is going to really pay off this season.

All this 3-8 is Kryptonite BS is going to go away after this season.

Tbonewannabe
08-11-2021, 01:00 PM
I believe that's why we saw the shift in offensive efficiency toward the end of the season. Will got more comfortable in the offense and better at reading the defense. Will getting that experience last season is going to really pay off this season.

All this 3-8 is Kryptonite BS is going to go away after this season.

Leach does put a lot on the QB running his offense. It is the opposite of Moorhead trying to call every play and not getting the audible in.

Catfish
08-11-2021, 01:15 PM
This season lies on Will's shoulders. I think he carries us to at least 8 wins.

Maverick91
08-11-2021, 02:19 PM
2 isn't the problem. You can beat drop 8 all day if you're given enough time. Our problem last year began and ended with not being able to block 3 with 5. It hurried everything up and our QBs could never make it past their first or second read.

Facts! That is why I think everything hinges on our O-line, who should be much better than than were last year. I even think if you throw in Rogers and our receiving core this year with last years O-line we win at least two more games.

Maverick91
08-11-2021, 02:23 PM

All great questions, I am running with the thought that the WRs are going to be really good this year. I feel like they almost cannot be, they were extremely inexperienced last year or lazy, well the lazy has graduated and decided not to show up to OTA's with Dallas and now the inexperience is experience. I have to think Leach has some wrinkles, or at least just freaking recognized that he has to run the ball to keep the SEC speed at bay. IF Will can read the D and audible, that is going to be really dangerous.

Cowbell
08-11-2021, 03:50 PM
This season lies on Will's shoulders. I think he carries us to at least 8 wins.

Agree 100% / wish that wasn't the case to be fair to him at his age but it is what it is. Look forward to see him handle it.

Lord McBuckethead
08-11-2021, 11:17 PM
Agree 100% / wish that wasn't the case to be fair to him at his age but it is what it is. Look forward to see him handle it.

Time to man up. Clemson Lawrence was winning championships at Will?s age. Ballers ball.

Johnny Football smashed Bama at his age.

Dawgfan77
08-12-2021, 06:48 AM
All great questions, I am running with the thought that the WRs are going to be really good this year. I feel like they almost cannot be, they were extremely inexperienced last year or lazy, well the lazy has graduated and decided not to show up to OTA's with Dallas and now the inexperience is experience. I have to think Leach has some wrinkles, or at least just freaking recognized that he has to run the ball to keep the SEC speed at bay. IF Will can read the D and audible, that is going to be really dangerous.

Who was lazy last year? Guidry? He left school at the end of 19. Didn't play under leach. Mitchell played well last year and by all accounts is doing well with the Cowboys.

Dawgology
08-12-2021, 08:29 AM
So?I eased by football practice the other day under the guise of ?work purposes? and managed to catch a short glimpse of some WR work. Folks have no idea what?s about to take the field. My one question was ?this is MSU??. It was impressive

Maverick91
08-12-2021, 08:38 AM
Who was lazy last year? Guidry? He left school at the end of 19. Didn't play under leach. Mitchell played well last year and by all accounts is doing well with the Cowboys.

Mitchell was lazy, he had to much talent to put up the numbers that he did.

Maverick91
08-12-2021, 08:39 AM
So?I eased by football practice the other day under the guise of ?work purposes? and managed to catch a short glimpse of some WR work. Folks have no idea what?s about to take the field. My one question was ?this is MSU??. It was impressive

Any specifics? You liked the speed, no balls being dropped? etc.

Dawgology
08-12-2021, 08:45 AM
Any specifics? You liked the speed, no balls being dropped? etc.

There was speed. But the passes from Will were beautiful, on target, placed well and?Damn?I didn?t see one single ball dropped. It was like they had glue for hands.

Maverick91
08-12-2021, 08:49 AM
There was speed. But the passes from Will were beautiful, on target, placed well and?Damn?I didn?t see one single ball dropped. It was like they had glue for hands.

Man! You are speaking to me. Glad you were able to take a very important work trip. lol

TrapGame
08-12-2021, 09:03 AM

Maybe catching all those tennis balls from the machine is paying off.

Dawgology
08-12-2021, 09:07 AM
Maybe catching all those tennis balls from the machine is paying off.

Kind of like ?if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball?.

Tbonewannabe
08-12-2021, 09:19 AM

Just went from 6 to midnight. Don't get my hopes up damn it.