PDA

View Full Version : Abraham

Cowbell
08-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Someone please explain how a QB enters concussion protocol after a padless practice

Lord McBuckethead
08-10-2021, 09:10 AM
Hell, I think he was in concussion protocol's prior to the start of the first padless practice. Maybe fishing with dude from LSU?

Cowbell
08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
Hell, I think he was in concussion protocol's prior to the start of the first padless practice. Maybe fishing with dude from LSU?

Well this makes more sense lol - it makes me think something is up

Madisonmd
08-10-2021, 10:45 AM
Well this makes more sense lol - it makes me think something is up

He was hit in the head in June in a drill by a RB accidentally. Has had several concussions thru the years. Could he be done?

Hot Rock
08-10-2021, 10:56 AM
He was out last part of last year with Southern Miss with a concussion that he sustained vs Rice.

I don't know exactly how this one came about. I know that it's been said he was hit in the head doing some drills with RB's and had to get 12 stitches during the summer. It's good they are getting him the best doctors. Someone said he is using the doctor that wrote the NFL protocols and that he is one of the best. I forget his name.

I heard that he said that he was still committed to playing at Mississippi State but he needs to make sure he is well first. Concussions are not a joke.

StarkVegasSteve
08-10-2021, 11:09 AM
He was out last part of last year with Southern Miss with a concussion that he sustained vs Rice.

I don't know exactly how this one came about. I know that it's been said he was hit in the head doing some drills with RB's and had to get 12 stitches during the summer. It's good they are getting him the best doctors. Someone said he is using the doctor that wrote the NFL protocols and that he is one of the best. I forget his name.

I heard that he said that he was still committed to playing at Mississippi State but he needs to make sure he is well first. Concussions are not a joke.

It's Dr. Alan Sills. He's the Chief Medical Officer for the NFL and he's an MSU grad. Actually was the one who worked with Dak on his shoulder injury in 2013.

Cowbell
08-10-2021, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the info. Will be praying for his well being. Hope he doesn't have any long term effects.

Jack Lambert
08-10-2021, 12:27 PM
I am 56 and there are a lot of guys my age and older who really took serious hits to the head playing football. No telling what kind of undiagnosed damage we have to our sponge. If you got knocked out, once you were up and a few plays later you were back in the game. If not you were practicing on Monday. Our view then was it is football and it a contact sport.

TUSK
08-10-2021, 12:44 PM
I am 56 and there are a lot of guys my age and older who really took serious hits to the head playing football. No telling what kind of undiagnosed damage we have to our sponge. If you got knocked out, once you were up and a few plays later you were back in the game. If not you were practicing on Monday. Our view then was it is football and it a contact sport.

This is correct, jack... These soft ass kids today don't know how to fight through a concussion.

In fact, I honestly believe.... red truck, stop sign.... meth still? Whiskey patch!!!! Where's my dog?

*In NO way was I intending to make light of CTE... It is serious.

Commercecomet24
08-10-2021, 08:35 PM

This is a fact. I'm 56 as well and I can't count how many times I took a hit to the head and saw stars or blackness for a few seconds and didn't think anything about it and just kept going.

DownwardDawg
08-10-2021, 08:37 PM
I crashed my car one time when I was 18. Totaled it. Sustained a concussion. Got drunk that night and pissed all over myself. Cleaned up the next day and went fishing. I guess things were just different.

State82
08-10-2021, 10:16 PM
Downward, Commerce, Jack, Tusk and I need to hang for a while. I'm convinced!
And I'm buying.

captaindog
08-11-2021, 09:23 AM

Not to over analyze as none of us are privy to everything but if he is not going to possibly play pro football I?d do the exact same thing. ?Hanging up the cleats? is such a difficult thing. However unfortunately the time comes for everyone. Best of luck to him and praying for safely and health.

Commercecomet24
08-11-2021, 09:26 AM
Downward, Commerce, Jack, Tusk and I need to hang for a while. I'm convinced!
And I'm buying.

Sounds good!