PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi fans are going to be mad

TheLostDawg
08-09-2021, 05:25 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/mississippi-state-game-by-game-predictions-espns-fpi-predicts-bulldogs-season/

Reason2succeed
08-09-2021, 08:56 PM
But why is our likelihood to beat Memphis so close to the likelihood of us beating LSU? Do they know something I don?t? 🤷🏾🤣

Maroonthirteen
08-10-2021, 08:25 AM
Maybe it is because LSU lost their QB and.....??? LSU is at home. THe Memphis game is on the road.

As for Memphis, looking at their pre-season predictions, they lost their QB and a few other playmakers. One site picks them 7th in AAC. However, I know this about Memphis football. Anytime a SEC school visits them, they circle that game. We will get their best. I hope Leach and the team realizes this. THe game won't be a cake walk.

The NCSt game is the game that I question the odds. I guess home field is a big factor in determining the odds.

thf24
08-10-2021, 09:05 AM
As for Memphis, looking at their pre-season predictions, they lost their QB and a few other playmakers. One site picks them 7th in AAC. However, I know this about Memphis football. Anytime a SEC school visits them, they circle that game. We will get their best. I hope Leach and the team realizes this. THe game won't be a cake walk.

Memphis in my opinion is going to be a good measure of how much our offense has improved in year 2. They're second on my list of teams I follow, and if there's one long-term attribute you can assign to that program, it's consistently atrocious pass defense. We should carve them up no matter what gameplan they throw at us and I'll be pretty discouraged if we don't.

Lord McBuckethead
08-10-2021, 09:09 AM
Par for the course. This "award" is about as shitty as their national championship claims from 1962 or whatever.
Everyone knows that Oxford is not the best college town in the country.

Athens
Knoxville - Vol Navy
South Bend
Ann Arbor
Stanford
Arizona State
University of VA

All are better college towns. One could argue that Fayetteville, Baton Rouge, Auburn, and Lexington are all on par or even better than Oxford.

Oxford is a nice town, but tailgating is tailgating. Everyone has a version of the "Grove" and everyone else allows grills because their fans are not retarded.

Maroonthirteen
08-10-2021, 09:59 AM
I agree thf. A tough road test. If State comes out of Memphis 3-0, I think State will take LSU (assuming they will be as mediocre as Im expecting) to go to 4-0 and have a great season.

Todd4State
08-11-2021, 12:27 AM
I don't have much of a problem with this. It looks like they went with homefield for most of the toss up games and that's a good way to go.

I think NC State is key. I agree with the 66% chance to beat them on paper. But we can not afford to have another K-State debacle happen like 2019. I see that as a similar situation. P5 school coming to our place that our players could be completely complacent about playing. At the same time I expect them to make it their super bowl. We better not come out flat.

Memphis- I think we probably win but that is the same situation as Ole Miss playing there essentially. I think we'll get their best shot as well. And I'm expecting it to be fairly close.

Win those first three and then LSU is a VERY big game for us. Will be difficult to beat them IMO. They're going to want payback for last year.

I don't think we beat A&M but I think we have a better chance than they are giving us.

Not sure what to make of Auburn at this point. They could be anywhere from 3-9 to 12-0.

FISHDAWG
08-12-2021, 07:09 AM
I don't have much of a problem with this. It looks like they went with homefield for most of the toss up games and that's a good way to go.

I think NC State is key. I agree with the 66% chance to beat them on paper. But we can not afford to have another K-State debacle happen like 2019. I see that as a similar situation. P5 school coming to our place that our players could be completely complacent about playing. At the same time I expect them to make it their super bowl. We better not come out flat.

Memphis- I think we probably win but that is the same situation as Ole Miss playing there essentially. I think we'll get their best shot as well. And I'm expecting it to be fairly close.

Win those first three and then LSU is a VERY big game for us. Will be difficult to beat them IMO. They're going to want payback for last year.

I don't think we beat A&M but I think we have a better chance than they are giving us.

Not sure what to make of Auburn at this point. They could be anywhere from 3-9 to 12-0.

My sentiments exactly .... aTm lost Mond and those odds are WAY low in my opinion and I think Auburn odds are low - They are basing the Auburn odds on what they have read about Nix

Maverick91
08-12-2021, 08:46 AM
My sentiments exactly .... aTm lost Mond and those odds are WAY low in my opinion and I think Auburn odds are low - They are basing the Auburn odds on what they have read about Nix

My feelings are that, any game outside of Bama we honestly have at worse a 50/50 shot. Auburn will not be any better than the past couple of years, and we had the horses to keep up with them, just the coaching wasn't there '19 or we were stupid young '20. A&M irritates me, we played them very well last year, and honestly I still think we beat ourselves in that game and not so much them beating us. If they win I think it is truly because of home field advantage.