PDA

View Full Version : Wyatt?s new bi-weekly podcast ?Better Than Average?

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-09-2021, 09:48 AM
He breaks down roster and what he has observed the first three days of practice. I enjoyed it.

parabrave
08-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Link??

Big4Dawg
08-09-2021, 10:34 AM
https://twitter.com/RadioWyatt/status/1424704565635698692?s=20

parabrave
08-09-2021, 10:54 AM
Thanks

Jarius
08-09-2021, 11:21 AM
He breaks down roster and what he has observed the first three days of practice. I enjoyed it.

Sounds like he ain’t too happy with the other podcast’s opinion on a Few things.

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-09-2021, 11:41 AM
Wyatt says this will be nuts and bolts podcast. Just info and his observations. Not for entertainment but will interest many of us on this board

Cowbell
08-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Wyatt is truely a blessing to this University and its fan base. I hope he continues to grow in his role for us. He doesn't have a narrative to push and does a great job being non biased. Matt - if you read this - we appreciate you man.

Cowbell
08-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Sounds like he ain?t too happy with the other podcast?s opinion on a Few things.

Well making win/loss predictions based on 2 practices without pads is a stretch lol

RiverCityDawg
08-09-2021, 02:00 PM
Wyatt is truely a blessing to this University and its fan base. I hope he continues to grow in his role for us. He doesn't have a narrative to push and does a great job being non biased. Matt - if you read this - we appreciate you man.

I echo this. Love his content. By far the most football knowledgeable guy covering us and does it with great production quality in a straightforward easy to consume kind of way. I'm really excited for this new podcast.

BayouDawg
08-09-2021, 02:09 PM
Really enjoyed it. Matt knows his stuff seeing as he has played at this level.

Jarius
08-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Well making win/loss predictions based on 2 practices without pads is a stretch lol

I don’t disagree. He didn’t like them talking about marks looking better than Johnson and didn’t think Pickering looked as bad either and also says we don’t have depth issues at cornerback…..but when he started talking about not having depth issues at corner I knew he was doing some water toting for the school. Talked about How well Esias Furge has played in the past and how he will be fine at corner…..I mean Matt knows the game better than probably anyone on this board but Esias Furge has not played well for us in the past so if he’s toting water about that I assume he is toting water about Pickering as well…..cause Paul Jones also said Pickering looks like crap. All 3 of those guys aren’t just making that up.

All of that being said, that podcast Matt did today was terrific and very informative. I will certainly listen to all of them.

Cowbell
08-09-2021, 03:45 PM
I don’t disagree. He didn’t like them talking about marks looking better than Johnson and didn’t think Pickering looked as bad either and also says we don’t have depth issues at cornerback…..but when he started talking about not having depth issues at corner I knew he was doing some water toting for the school. Talked about How well Esias Furge has played in the past and how he will be fine at corner…..I mean Matt knows the game better than probably anyone on this board but Esias Furge has not played well for us in the past so if he’s toting water about that I assume he is toting water about Pickering as well…..cause Paul Jones also said Pickering looks like crap. All 3 of those guys aren’t just making that up.

All of that being said, that podcast Matt did today was terrific and very informative. I will certainly listen to all of them.

I agree with you on all points except the corners. He didn't act like there wasn't a depth issue. He just stated that we have one of the best starting pairs in the country and mentioned "when have we not had a depth problem at corner" Said he thought we were thin last year and it turned out ok.

Jarius
08-09-2021, 04:56 PM
I agree with you on all points except the corners. He didn't act like there wasn't a depth issue. He just stated that we have one of the best starting pairs in the country and mentioned "when have we not had a depth problem at corner" Said he thought we were thin last year and it turned out ok.

He specifically said we don’t have a depth issue at corner on his live show today, not the podcast. I guess I should have clarified. We 100 % have a depth issue at corner after the first 2 guys.

Cowbell
08-09-2021, 11:10 PM
He specifically said we don?t have a depth issue at corner on his live show today, not the podcast. I guess I should have clarified. We 100 % have a depth issue at corner after the first 2 guys.

Gotcha - that makes sense.

My favorite quote was (paraphrasing) "I've said it once and it bears repeating - Charles Cross is the first man you want off the bus"

Jarius
08-10-2021, 04:53 AM
Gotcha - that makes sense.

My favorite quote was (paraphrasing) "I've said it once and it bears repeating - Charles Cross is the first man you want off the bus"

Cross certainly has everyone that’s been watching talking. That’s good news for sure.

Hot Rock
08-10-2021, 08:25 AM
He specifically said we don’t have a depth issue at corner on his live show today, not the podcast. I guess I should have clarified. We 100 % have a depth issue at corner after the first 2 guys.

He said that teams are always going to be looking for that 3rd and 4 guy to step up. When have we not been? This is not something new. We have one of the best starting duo's in the country and at least one guy behind them that they feel good about playing. Plus, they are liking Richardson's abilities. That's four guys and there may be another stepping up as camp progresses. I think this team is deep at the safety position and if needed Jalen Green could move to corner so that's a fifth guy that could play if needed.

Injuries can happen for sure but the main two guys that need to stay healthy are Rogers and Cross. Either of those guys go down and things will be different.

Jarius
08-10-2021, 10:38 AM
He said that teams are always going to be looking for that 3rd and 4 guy to step up. When have we not been? This is not something new. We have one of the best starting duo's in the country and at least one guy behind them that they feel good about playing. Plus, they are liking Richardson's abilities. That's four guys and there may be another stepping up as camp progresses. I think this team is deep at the safety position and if needed Jalen Green could move to corner so that's a fifth guy that could play if needed.

Injuries can happen for sure but the main two guys that need to stay healthy are Rogers and Cross. Either of those guys go down and things will be different.

No no. He said “state is fine at corner with their top 4 guys. No one is 3 deep at any position. What do you want?” If he is counting on Esias Furge to be fine at corner if either of our top 2 corners go down then he is toting water and he mentioned Furge specifically. We have the best starting duo in the country and I believe you are correct that we will slide Green over there to corner if we have a injury. To say corner depth isn’t a concern is just being a homer man. Wyatt literally had nothing to say negative about any position group. I mean are we going 15-0 or is he toting water? Surely we can find something to talk about that isn’t perfect if he watched practice all 3 days. His analysis is awesome but it also creates false hope for a season that we will be doing well to win 8 games. Hell maybe he is right and we are awesome everywhere. I hope I am wrong and he is spot on.

FriarsPoint
08-10-2021, 12:06 PM
He?s wrong about 3 deep. Their names are Alabama and Ohio state.

Cowbell
08-12-2021, 09:36 AM
Podcast number two came out this morning. A really good listen if you guys are interested. Probably the best information I've heard from camp so far.