PDA

View Full Version : Practice notes from the first 3 days

Jarius
08-08-2021, 10:19 PM
From Robbie Faulk and Hadad:

Just listened to their show tonight and here is what they said

Quarterbacks- Will Rogers is the guy and the quarterback competition is over. Abraham has a concussion and they see no way that he could make up the ground needed to overtake Will Rogers. As for Sawyer Robertson, he is nowhere near ready and is running 4th team behind Will, Abraham (when healthy), and Lovertich. Will has supposedly looked solid and punished the defense for making mistakes. We have added the speed option to the playbook and ran it pretty well.

Running backs- Marks has run away a bit with this competition and looks like a much better back. Gained muscle and is breaking tackles. Johnson is a solid backup

Receivers- Makai Polk is burning Forbes and Emerson on a regular basis. They feel confident in this group. Walley is being protected a bit but is still practicing. They really like the mixed bag of body types and athleticism this group brings. Mentioned Malik Heath having a good camp so far and Rufus Harvey showed out today. Teddy Knox and Torbor are also names they mentioned that stood out.

Offensive Line- Cross, Jones, Sharp, Dolla Bill, and Lashley are the starters. Said our defensive line looks really good but this group is not getting bulldozed like they were last year. Said they are holding their own and giving Will time to throw.

Defensive line- this is the most solid group on the team. Lots of depth up front. Said Nathan Pickering does not look good at all right now though. Said he has a long way to go to get back into the rotation. Cam Young has taken his spot and we have great ends with a Charlton and Crumedy.

LB - Bookie Watson is better than advertised and we already know what we are getting with wheat and Brule. Sherman Timbs is way ahead of John Lewis right now for the backup role to wheat.

Corners- this is the biggest worry on the team. They said outside of Forbes and Emerson (and maybe Richardson) this group is weak. Really weak. Need no Injuries here.

Safeties - Collin Duncan is maybe the most improved player on the team. Fred Peters looks like he is fully healthy and is playing really well. Mentioned Green looking solid. The kid from George county (Dylan Lawrence) has looked solid as a backup to green at safety.

Overall, Hadad said he went into camp thinking 7-5. He said nothing he has seen has changed that opinion for the worse, but he may now change his prediction to 8-4.

BayouDawg
08-08-2021, 11:34 PM
Good stuff. I wonder how Abraham got a concussion during the offseason?

CaptainObvious
08-09-2021, 12:27 AM
Still in Helmets and Shorts, correct?

So we won?t really know much until next weekend when they start slobber knocking each other with full pads.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-09-2021, 05:49 AM
I wondered the same thing? it must have been a non football activity.

Jarius
08-09-2021, 06:30 AM
Still in Helmets and Shorts, correct?

So we won?t really know much until next weekend when they start slobber knocking each other with full pads.

They had on pads yesterday they said.

Jarius
08-09-2021, 06:31 AM

Supposedly a freak accident during a workout or something.

StarkVegasSteve
08-09-2021, 10:23 AM
Good to see Torbor finally showing out. I was excited about him when we pulled him out of LA a few years ago.