PDA

View Full Version : OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

Pages : [1] 2

SailingDawg
08-08-2021, 09:24 PM
For football team and staff. Just like a leader should do in times like this. All you HIPPAcrytes be damned.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31987121/coach-lane-kiffin-says-ole-miss-football-program-reached-100-vaccination

Quaoarsking
08-08-2021, 09:26 PM
That's really smart coaching from Lane Kiffin, someone I generally consider to be a lightweight. Extremely unlikely that Ole Miss has to forfeit a game for COVID reasons this fall now.

dawgoneyall
08-08-2021, 09:35 PM
That's really smart coaching from Lane Kiffin, someone I generally consider to be a lightweight. Extremely unlikely that Ole Miss has to forfeit a game for COVID reasons this fall now.

Why should any one forfeit a game.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-08-2021, 09:44 PM
I bet some of you pricks are cheering for MSU to miss a game due to COVID just to say I told you so. Crazy how we take the little data that exists for Covid and the vaccines and turn them into absolutes for either side. It's ok to be cautious about the vaccine and be concerned with Covid at the same time. When a non-mRNA vaccine comes out with little less side effects, you'll see an uptick in numbers.

Todd4State
08-08-2021, 10:07 PM
I bet some of you pricks are cheering for MSU to miss a game due to COVID just to say I told you so. Crazy how we take the little data that exists for Covid and the vaccines and turn them into absolutes for either side. It's ok to be cautious about the vaccine and be concerned with Covid at the same time. When a non-mRNA vaccine comes out with little less side effects, you'll see an uptick in numbers.

There has already been a significant uptick in vaccination numbers.

smootness
08-08-2021, 10:09 PM
I know a pretty frightening number of relatively young, healthy people who have very recently died or struggled severely with COVID. They were all unvaccinated. We have enough data on the vaccine now to at least feel very confident that the rewards far outweigh the risks. Get the vaccine.

Cowbell
08-08-2021, 10:12 PM
For football team and staff. Just like a leader should do in times like this. All you HIPPAcrytes be damned.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31987121/coach-lane-kiffin-says-ole-miss-football-program-reached-100-vaccination

Second politically started thread today by you.

Maroonthirteen
08-08-2021, 10:20 PM
I know a pretty frightening number of relatively young, healthy people who have very recently died or struggled severely with COVID. They were all unvaccinated. .

Cite your source.

BeardoMSU
08-08-2021, 10:22 PM
Why should any one forfeit a game.

See this season's policy set forth by Sankey/SEC Office.

BeardoMSU
08-08-2021, 10:37 PM
Any idea where we currently stand on this?

BayouDawg
08-08-2021, 10:39 PM
Ive seen people mention that we are nowhere near the threshold of 80 percent. But at the same time it has been people with no real source. I am hoping that we will be pleasantly surprised with our vaccinated numbers.

SailingDawg
08-08-2021, 10:45 PM
Second politically started thread today by you.

Because I?m tired of living in a state where the governor says ?It?s not about science? and a football coach (like most Mississippians) thinks he has more knowledge of this virus than decades experienced epidemiologist. Ask your doctor.

AND it?s not political. It?s science. Get vaccinated!

cheewgumm
08-08-2021, 11:17 PM
Some on you really need to expand your exposure on the facts and ?science? you get.

Mix in something other than MSM. It?s 2021.

If someone says ?it?s science?, I know they are an idiot.

Sad to see in elite dawgs. Stick to trying to figure out why it matters who the 3rd string guard is. Leave the ?science? to the professionals.

Also, if you?re serious about the vaccine, then lobby your congressman to close the damn border. Otherwise you are unserious.

BayouDawg
08-08-2021, 11:27 PM
This thing is with us for the long haul now. Will need to have COVID and flu shots annually and itll be a crap shoot based on the strains. Im no virologist but my understanding is the good news about these airborne viruses mutating is that the new strain will be more contagious but less deadly. Obviously there are some exceptions but here is to hoping that that COVID follows the patter of the flu and common cold viruses and mutates to be more contagious but less deadly.

dawgday166
08-08-2021, 11:29 PM
Some on you really need to expand your exposure on the facts and ?science? you get.

Mix in something other than MSM. It?s 2021.

If someone says ?it?s science?, I know they are an idiot.

Sad to see in elite dawgs. Stick to trying to figure out why it matters who the 3rd string guard is. Leave the ?science? to the professionals.

Also, if you?re serious about the vaccine, then lobby your congressman to close the damn border. Otherwise you are unserious.

Good post.

Gawd forbid a football game might be forfeited due to young men having a choice about what drugs are put into their body. Let them decide to smoke a joint tho ...

BayouDawg
08-08-2021, 11:29 PM

Amen. And ironically this seems to be the first thing the science would call for.

cheewgumm
08-08-2021, 11:35 PM
Government wants you to ?-

1- get a vaccine passport, so they can?

2- get you on record so they can get you on social credit score judgement

3 - It will start with getting points for being leftist so having better credit and better chance at jobs

4 - next you will get penalized for having approved opinions.

5 - then if you don?t follow leftist orthodoxy you will not be eligible for jobs or be able to shop at Walmart ?thus not eat.

Welcome to China.

And most are worried about whether their fellow man got a shot for a virus that kills .00003%.

The American people are idiots for the most part. We deserve what is coming, but dont be fooled that it is about this virus. They don?t give two shits about the virus or they?d close the border.

It?s about control.

dawgday166
08-08-2021, 11:36 PM
Just to add something ... Fauci changes his narrative about every 3 or 4 hours.

SailingDawg
08-08-2021, 11:51 PM
Just to add something ... Fauci changes his narrative about every 3 or 4 hours.

Not quite that often, but it is amazing how we continue to learn about scientific data through research and investigation, isn?t it? Or have you always done things the same way? Learn as you go. Bottom line: higher vax rates would have slowed this a long time ago. As it is we?re welcoming new variants with open arms.

SailingDawg
08-08-2021, 11:53 PM
The American people are idiots for the most part. We deserve what is coming, but dont be fooled that it is about this virus. They don?t give two shits about the virus or they?d close the border.

Oh you believe that fear tactic, do you?

BayouDawg
08-09-2021, 12:02 AM
Not quite that often, but it is amazing how we continue to learn about scientific data through research and investigation, isn?t it? Or have you always done things the same way? Learn as you go. Bottom line: higher vax rates would have slowed this a long time ago. As it is we?re welcoming new variants with open arms.

Well the variants will continue vaccine or not. This will be similar to the flu meaning it?s with us forever now. And you can thank the Chinese government for that. Whether it was from a lab or not they could have been a lot more transparent in 2019 and the whole world could have been further ahead.

dawgday166
08-09-2021, 12:16 AM

I understand how science works. You don't know if your bottom line is necessarily the case. Something I find odd is ... It had virtually disappeared in March, April, May timeframe in Bama. And that's what a nurse friend of mine told me too. I asked her how Covid was doing and she said "it's just disappeared." Seems odd that the more people get vaxxed the more the cases shoot back up. I kinda wonder if they could possibly be spreading it to the unvaxxed. Don't know ... Just kinda find it coincidental.

I don't pretend to know everything about it like some do who in reality don't know shit. A lot of it is opinion and conjecture.

I have picked my niece and her husband's brains on it tho. She's a smart gal and so is her husband. Both are pathologists. And I trust them ... They don't have agendas, obsessive ideologies, or petrified of death either.

Learned a good bit more than I knew at time. Still would like to see larger sample sizes tho.

Lord McBuckethead
08-09-2021, 02:18 AM
Vaccines work. Simple as that.
COVID can kill. We do not understand why it effects some but not others.
Vaccines work. Boosters will come. All but eliminate getting seriously sick with the vaccine.

Take the vaccine, so I don?t have to worry about you in public.

If nothing else, take the free vaccine to eliminate the possibility of picking up a shit ton of medical expenses.

If nothing else, take the vaccine to help a nurse out. They are all 17n tired.

KOdawg1
08-09-2021, 06:14 AM
I'll get this in before the thread gets locked.

This isn't a political debate. I'm a card-carrying Republican. But when I see healthy, middle aged people dying from covid, that tells me that this isn't a "hoax." The vaccine decreases your chances of dying drastically. Can you still die from it? Sure. Do we know the long term effects of the vaccine? Nope. But I'm willing to take that risk if it means I decrease the chances of leaving my kids without a father.

If you believe in something, you can look up enough info to back whatever it is up. Im not telling anyone how to believe. I just encourage you to look at the broad picture of the current landscape and form your opinion based on that instead of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming at the top of your lungs.

Dawg2003
08-09-2021, 07:53 AM

Closing the border will never happen because there are too many benefits to both parties to leave it as is. However, the border is not the reason for the recent case surges. That's obvious based on geography. But I will say that it was pretty smart of right wing media to spin it that way. On cue, people have begun parroting that talking point.

cheewgumm
08-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Closing the border will never happen because there are too many benefits to both parties to leave it as is. However, the border is not the reason for the recent case surges. That's obvious based on geography. But I will say that it was pretty smart of right wing media to spin it that way. On cue, people have begun parroting that talking point.

On cue?defense of the border being open and thousands of unvaccinated crossing.

You leftist need to quit pretending that you know ?Science bro!?, while saying the border is fine.

Same crowd who claim BLM ?protest? don?t also spread the plague.

All lies.

smootness
08-09-2021, 08:13 AM
Well the variants will continue vaccine or not. This will be similar to the flu meaning it?s with us forever now. And you can thank the Chinese government for that. Whether it was from a lab or not they could have been a lot more transparent in 2019 and the whole world could have been further ahead.

We could have been further ahead how?

confucius say
08-09-2021, 08:17 AM

All the fighting amongst of ourselves, and nobody will hold the maker of this virus (regardless of whether it was intentional or neglect, we know where it came from), accountable.

You think of China dropped a bomb that did the damage covid has done there would be any call for accountability and retaliation?

Dawgology
08-09-2021, 08:17 AM

mRNA doesn?t alter your DNA. You know what CAN alter your DNA? SARS-Cov-2. There has been groundbreaking research coming out over the last 6 months that seems to indicate that Cov-2 can integrate with host DNA. This actually explains why someone will test positive for Covid months later, why ?longhaulers? have major Covid symptoms months after getting Covid , and why so many that have had it have strange things happen with their memory, smell, etc months after having the virus. Very simply?the vaccine reduces the chances of this happening to you by about 95% and it?s been shown to be safe on a larger scale than almost any other vaccine ever created. I wish it would have been available before I got Covid back in 2020. While my taste and smell did return I still have days where it?s hard to think (that?s the only way I know to explain it).

Source: Me. I?m an actual scientist.

confucius say
08-09-2021, 08:22 AM

Nobody has said the border is THE reason for this surge. But there are thousands of people coming across the border with the virus and we have chosen to allow them in. And they are unvaccinated.

Unfortunately, that makes it harder to get across to people that this virus is a serious deal that must be stopped AND that you should get vaccinated.

confucius say
08-09-2021, 08:28 AM

A leader should violate FERPA and release PII of a student?

https://studentprivacy.ed.gov/sites/default/files/resource_document/file/FERPA%20and%20Coronavirus%20Frequently%20Asked%20Q uestions.pdf

Look it's great that they are vaccinated, but running his mouth was not smart and violates FERPA unless each player gave written consent to release their immunization status (or unless OM keeps no record of vaccination status, which is highly unlikely).

Regardless of what our teams vaccination status is, leach needs to keep his mouth shut about it in public.

Dolphus Raymond
08-09-2021, 08:53 AM
Mississippi had 6,900 new cases and 28 deaths reported this weekend. Unbelievable. Just damn.

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-09-2021, 09:07 AM
The people who have taken the shots and those who have not cannot be divided by party lines. This is not a political issue.

confucius say
08-09-2021, 09:16 AM
Mississippi had 6,900 new cases and 28 deaths reported this weekend. Unbelievable. Just damn.

So that's Friday, sat, and Sunday cases. So 2300 a day in cases. Which I believe is lower than Thursday and friday. So that's good.
Looks like last weekend averaged 1665 cases daily.

confucius say
08-09-2021, 09:17 AM
The people who have taken the shots and those who have not cannot be divided by party lines. This is not a political issue.

True.

SheltonChoked
08-09-2021, 09:19 AM
See the table here:https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2774465

and this study: https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-7385

And from this link:https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/12/data-reveal-deadliness-covid-19-even-young-adults

Even though all-cause mortality due to COVID-19 may not be known for a while, two new studies highlight that 173,300 (79.5%) of excess deaths from March through August were COVID related, with 4,535 deaths occurring from March through July in younger adults ages 25 to 44, or 38% of all excess deaths in that group

Hot Rock
08-09-2021, 09:35 AM
I do hope the death rate won' be as high this time around because Mississippi does have 72% of people over 65 vaccinated. That may help with the death rate and the next most vulnerable group is 50-65 and they are vaccinated over 50% which should help as well.

It's the under 50 crowd that usually survives it anyway that is not vaccinated. The stubborn elderly or immune compromised that could be hit this go around unless this Delta variant ends up being deadlier to the younger crowd. I have not been watching it as closely.

Extendedcab
08-09-2021, 09:48 AM
Because I?m tired of living in a state where the governor says ?It?s not about science? and a football coach (like most Mississippians) thinks he has more knowledge of this virus than decades experienced epidemiologist. Ask your doctor.

Getting vaccinated does NOT prevent you from getting COVID. I know 4 people, ALL VACCINATED, that tested positive just this past week alone! If you think getting vaccinated is a magic bullet and this virus will just mysteriously go away, you are in for a rude awakening (at least with this round of current drugs)!

What makes this political is our politicians keep telling us (pick your favorite party - with the CDC included): get vaccinated and you will not get the virus and you can not be a carrier. Then they changed their tune and now not only can the vaccinated be a carrier but they can also get the virus. They keep changing the goalposts!

So why exactly do we need to get vaccinated with current vaccines (I am vaccinated in case anyone shouts back) if I can not only be a carrier but also get the virus?

If I do get the virus will it be less severe if I am vaccinated? Show me the science - not speculation!

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-09-2021, 09:57 AM
If MDHS is to be believed, 3% of the states cases in the last two months have been vaccinated individuals. 97% have not been vaccinated

dawgday166
08-09-2021, 10:10 AM

Absolutely true.

Trump, DeSantis, and Kay Ivey have all endorsed the vaccine at some point. And I absolutely trust their intentions at the very least.

My personal decision has been based on the fact that for 25 or so years I've felt the AMA & the FDA have herded folks into pharma, while naturopaths have been shut down or you pay out of pocket and wazzoo. I personally have had better success solving some issues I've had with naturopath/homeopathic alternative and MDs have misdiagnosed or failed to solve a couple of issues I've had. I have really firmly disliked (even despised) the AMA, FDA, and Pharma for a long time.

And then there's this excellent article by America's favorite down and dirty jobs guy Mike Rowe, which excellently sums up the frustration many folks are having with making personal decisions on this.

https://resistthemainstream.org/fan-asks-mike-rowe-why-he-wont-use-his-platform-to-push-vaccinations-he-has-the-perfect-response/

Commercecomet24
08-09-2021, 10:10 AM
Well my wife, myself, my oldest daughter have all been vaccinated AND now have all had covid(delta). We had mild symptoms. Mine actually started with vomiting and diarrhea and then the other symptoms followed. Was really like a very bad cold for all of us. The fatigue and aches were the worst part but thankfully nothing major.

dawgday166
08-09-2021, 10:14 AM
All the fighting amongst of ourselves, and nobody will hold the maker of this virus (regardless of whether it was intentional or neglect, we know where it came from), accountable.

You think of China dropped a bomb that did the damage covid has done there would be any call for accountability and retaliation?

Nobody has said the border is THE reason for this surge. But there are thousands of people coming across the border with the virus and we have chosen to allow them in. And they are unvaccinated.

Unfortunately, that makes it harder to get across to people that this virus is a serious deal that must be stopped AND that you should get vaccinated.

True on all counts.

confucius say
08-09-2021, 10:15 AM
Well my wife, myself, my oldest daughter have all been vaccinated AND now have all had covid(delta). We had mild symptoms. Mine actually started with vomiting and diarrhea and then the other symptoms followed. Was really like a very bad cold for all of us. The fatigue and aches were the worst part but thankfully nothing major.

How long from onset of symptoms did it last?

Liverpooldawg
08-09-2021, 10:15 AM
So that's Friday, sat, and Sunday cases. So 2300 a day in cases. Which I believe is lower than Thursday and friday. So that's good.
Looks like last weekend averaged 1665 cases daily.

The best case stat to look at is the seven day rolling average. That evens out the fluctuations due to clinics being closed on the weekends and data dumps during the mid week.

SilentSteel16
08-09-2021, 10:16 AM
I'll get this in before the thread gets locked.

This isn't a political debate. I'm a card-carrying Republican. But when I see healthy, middle aged people dying from covid, that tells me that this isn't a "hoax." The vaccine decreases your chances of dying drastically. Can you still die from it? Sure. Do we know the long term effects of the vaccine? Nope. But I'm willing to take that risk if it means I decrease the chances of leaving my kids without a father.

If you believe in something, you can look up enough info to back whatever it is up. Im not telling anyone how to believe. I just encourage you to look at the broad picture of the current landscape and form your opinion based on that instead of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming at the top of your lungs.

Amen to this 100 times. I can?t rep you but I am agreeing whole hearted with you.

I had Covid in November and it sucked. Way worse than the flu but luckily I didn?t have to be hospitalized. We are dealing with it at work and our offshore numbers show that we have had more Covid flights in past 3 months than we had all of 2020 combined. Plus over 80 percent of our flights we brought in were admittedly unvaccinated.

People can say cite your source all you want but I am not releasing company sensitive information but it is the truth.

Protect your family both now and in the future take the vaccine and stop trying to outthink this virus. Covid doesn?t care.

confucius say
08-09-2021, 10:17 AM
The best case stat to look at is the seven day rolling average. That evens out the fluctuations due to clinics being closed on the weekends and data dumps during the mid week.

Yep. It's still rising I believe. Hopefully it will level off by the end of the month

Liverpooldawg
08-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Getting vaccinated does NOT prevent you from getting COVID. I know 4 people, ALL VACCINATED, that tested positive just this past week alone! If you think getting vaccinated is a magic bullet and this virus will just mysteriously go away, you are in for a rude awakening (at least with this round of current drugs)!

What makes this political is our politicians keep telling us (pick your favorite party - with the CDC included): get vaccinated and you will not get the virus and you can not be a carrier. Then they changed their tune and now not only can the vaccinated be a carrier but they can also get the virus. They keep changing the goalposts!

So why exactly do we need to get vaccinated with current vaccines (I am vaccinated in case anyone shouts back) if I can not only be a carrier but also get the virus?

If I do get the virus will it be less severe if I am vaccinated? Show me the science - not speculation!

The science is in black and white from the MSDH. It's been there since the beginning. The numbers are all you need to tell what the vaccines are doing. NOBODY claimed they were 100% effective. No vaccine is.

Commercecomet24
08-09-2021, 10:23 AM
How long from onset of symptoms did it last?

The worst lasted 3-4 days but about 7 total.

SilentSteel16
08-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Like said earlier, the vaccine does not keep you from getting Covid. It lessens the severity of symptoms. If I had to choose between a member of my family having Covid with or without the vaccine I would choose with the vaccine every single time.

I believe this Covid will be with us humans from now on. Coronavirus is not new, I was using Ivomec and giving my cattle shots that countered coronavirus,in cattle, in the 90s. These new variants now attack humans and that is new.

It is not a matter of if you get Covid it is a matter of when. Be prepared and give yourself the best opportunity to come out of it quick and with far less symptoms. Get the vaccine.

Dolphus Raymond
08-09-2021, 10:38 AM
I hope this surge will be short lived, but who knows? At least people are once again getting vaccinated at a higher rate, so we have that going for us.
Just get vaccinated. No one has to know but you.

Commercecomet24
08-09-2021, 10:42 AM
Like said earlier, the vaccine does not keep you from getting Covid. It lessens the severity of symptoms. If I had to choose between a member of my family having Covid with or without the vaccine I would choose with the vaccine every single time.

I believe this Covid will be with us humans from now on. Coronavirus is not new, I was using Ivomec and giving my cattle shots that countered coronavirus,in cattle, in the 90s. These new variants now attack humans and that is new.

It is not a matter of if you get Covid it is a matter of when. Be prepared and give yourself the best opportunity to come out of it quick and with far less symptoms. Get the vaccine.

Well said. I personally believe that the vaccinations we received kept us from having a much worse outcome with our infection. I also have a 15 year old daughter with juvenile arthritis who takes meds that suppress her immune system and we all got the vaccine to help protect her as well(she's been vaccinated too), and she hasn't gotten covid yet, thankfully. My youngest son got covid last fall when the JC baseball team had an outbreak and he's been vaccinated as well. I still absolutely 100% believe in an individuals right to choose whatever is best for them, for me and my family vaccination was the way to go.

BayouDawg
08-09-2021, 10:47 AM
We could have been further ahead how?

We could have been further ahead last year. Along with the rest of the world.

Jack Lambert
08-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Any idea where we currently stand on this?

I would be surprise if we really hear the real numbers. State seems to be really quiet on players health.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-09-2021, 11:00 AM
Unknown+fear is a hell of a motivator to find any solution. First we had a board full of coaches, now it's full of virologists.

BiscuitEater
08-09-2021, 11:05 AM

Thanks for the advice Dr. Mengela! IF tou think you can't get COVID if you've been fully vaccinated, YOU'RE wrong! The Yankees have another COVID outbreak, and this time it?s affected the players, including Aaron Judge.

Their game against the Red Sox was postponed Thursday due to three confirmed positive tests and three more pending. ALL were fully vaccinated. 2nd game cancelled or postponed due to COVID in FULLY vaccinated players or staff.

Meanwhile, of the MOST serious COVID cases hospitalized in Israel, 95% have been FULLY vaccinated.

Liverpooldawg
08-09-2021, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the advice Dr. Mengela! IF tou think you can't get COVID if you've been fully vaccinated, YOU'RE wrong! The Yankees have another COVID outbreak, and this time it?s affected the players, including Aaron Judge.

Their game against the Red Sox was postponed Thursday due to three confirmed positive tests and three more pending. ALL were fully vaccinated. 2nd game cancelled or postponed due to COVID in FULLY vaccinated players or staff.

Meanwhile, of the MOST serious COVID cases hospitalized in Israel, 95% have been FULLY vaccinated.

You need to look at the actual numbers in Israel and not just the headlines. The numbers there are proof that the vaccines work pretty much as advertised.

SailingDawg
08-09-2021, 12:00 PM
Unknown+fear is a hell of a motivator to find any solution. First we had a board full of coaches, now it's full of virologists.

Yep. And it?s the borders and flights, not Mississippi?s 40% vax rate that?s causing problems.

Dawgfan77
08-09-2021, 12:11 PM

You didn't read the report. 15 of those deaths went back to January....January and 13 of those went back to July... this is not 28 deaths over the weekend

msstate7
08-09-2021, 12:29 PM
You need to look at the actual numbers in Israel and not just the headlines. The numbers there are proof that the vaccines work pretty much as advertised.

https://i.postimg.cc/4NNvQ5NS/7-E07-D555-78-A2-47-CA-8-A38-C47-F66-C037-D0.jpg (https://postimg.cc/6TgG9CZr)

Working for severe cases, but we were also told it would stop the spread, which is no where close to true

BayouDawg
08-09-2021, 12:30 PM
Yep. And it?s the borders and flights, not Mississippi?s 40% vax rate that?s causing problems.

The point is that not having the border closed gives some people pause on how serious the government is taking the virus. Thats not a partisan issue its a common sense issue.

Jack Lambert
08-09-2021, 01:13 PM
The point is that not having the border closed gives some people pause on how serious the government is taking the virus. Thats not a partisan issue its a common sense issue.

You are correct. Letting millions into the country when thousands of them have Covid and being turned lose into the country and then trying to make people think you are serious about covid does not compute to many people. Then add in all the mix messages coming form the Fauci, CDC and the White House what are you to think? It gets to the point it's all sounds bullshit for one reason or another. What really gives me pause is hearing a Politician tell me we have to wear mask and few days later they are photo in mass group settings with out a mask. I have been Vaccinated. I said what the hell and got both shots.

confucius say
08-09-2021, 01:23 PM
I would be surprise if we really hear the real numbers. State seems to be really quiet on players health.

Thank goodness

NWADAWG
08-09-2021, 01:23 PM

It would be an interesting affair for our govt. to try to hold Wuhan Lab/China accountable when the US has given millions to the lab for purpose of gain of function testing.

It would be like a gang of armed robbers going to the cops to tell on the one guy that shot people. You many not be as guilty as that guy, but you've still got dirt on your hands.

BB30
08-09-2021, 01:27 PM

You're missing the point by 3 miles. The point is that if this administration was actually worried about the virus killing people they would shut down the border just as they have limited traffic from other countries around the world. They also wouldn't be throwing blow out parties for 600+ people maskless in Martha's vineyard and not allowing cell phones or cameras knowing good and well masking and social distancing aren't being followed.

If you want people to buy in you need to be about it, not talk about it. The old adage that action speaks louder than words is still true and if you are lecturing me about kids wearing a mask to school then you sure as hell better have a mask on when you have 600 adults drinking, smoking and partying.

How some of you can't see the hypocrisy or don't care is astounding. I would gladly follow rules if the people making the rules would follow them as well. Just because your senator X doesn't mean that you are allowed to make rules for me and not follow those same rules. We are all US citizens and all have to abide by the same guidelines and laws regardless of if you're a senator, president, or cultural influencer( entertainer).

confucius say
08-09-2021, 01:28 PM
It would be an interesting affair for our govt. to try to hold Wuhan Lab/China accountable when the US has given millions to the lab for purpose of gain of function testing.

It would be like a gang of armed robbers going to the cops to tell on the one guy that shot people. You many not be as guilty as that guy, but you've still got dirt on your hands.

I think that's an excellent point and I've been waiting for someone to make it. China may not be the only one who needs to be held accountable.

confucius say
08-09-2021, 01:33 PM

So you don't believe the amount of unvaccinated or covid-infected people crossing the border is significant enough to close the border?

Dolphus Raymond
08-09-2021, 01:35 PM
I have no issue with closing our borders with Mexico and Canada for a period of time. However, it will make little difference I?m afraid.
Or, do like Canada and only allow the fully vaccinated to enter.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
08-09-2021, 01:43 PM
Vaccines work. Simple as that.
COVID can kill. We do not understand why it effects some but not others.
Vaccines work. Boosters will come. All but eliminate getting seriously sick with the vaccine.

Take the vaccine, so I don?t have to worry about you in public.

If nothing else, take the free vaccine to eliminate the possibility of picking up a shit ton of medical expenses.

If nothing else, take the vaccine to help a nurse out. They are all 17n tired.

Legit question, not trying to be an a-hole. If you are vaccinated, why would you be afraid of unvaccinated people in public? You should be good, right?

msstate7
08-09-2021, 01:46 PM
You're missing the point by 3 miles. The point is that if this administration was actually worried about the virus killing people they would shut down the border just as they have limited traffic from other countries around the world. They also wouldn't be throwing blow out parties for 600+ people maskless in Martha's vineyard and not allowing cell phones or cameras knowing good and well masking and social distancing aren't being followed.

If you want people to buy in you need to be about it, not talk about it. The old adage that action speaks louder than words is still true and if you are lecturing me about kids wearing a mask to school then you sure as hell better have a mask on when you have 600 adults drinking, smoking and partying.

How some of you can't see the hypocrisy or don't care is astounding. I would gladly follow rules if the people making the rules would follow them as well. Just because your senator X doesn't mean that you are allowed to make rules for me and not follow those same rules. We are all US citizens and all have to abide by the same guidelines and laws regardless of if you're a senator, president, or cultural influencer( entertainer).

Your Mets gonna bounce back or they done?

Dolphus Raymond
08-09-2021, 02:11 PM
When we are talking about closing our borders, are we saying we should bar anyone from entering our country? We could and may have to do just that for a while. The Canadian model of not allowing anyone to enter without an up to date vaccine card would get my vote because it would mitigate the negative economic impacts to some degree.
I guess I?m not totally clear on what some mean when they say close our borders.

Jack Lambert
08-09-2021, 02:12 PM
Legit question, not trying to be an a-hole. If you are vaccinated, why would you be afraid of unvaccinated people in public? You should be good, right?

To add to your question. If you have the anti bodies why would you be afraid? If we following the science you should not be afraid or have the shot.

Lord McBuckethead
08-09-2021, 02:39 PM
You are correct. Letting millions into the country when thousands of them have Covid and being turned lose into the country and then trying to make people think you are serious about covid does not compute to many people. Then add in all the mix messages coming form the Fauci, CDC and the White House what are you to think? It gets to the point it's all sounds bullshit for one reason or another. What really gives me pause is hearing a Politician tell me we have to wear mask and few days later they are photo in mass group settings with out a mask. I have been Vaccinated. I said what the hell and got both shots.

That is true. But no matter what the situation, regardless of Covid, the border is going to be an issue. It is an issue if Republicans control the bordering states, it is an issue if Democrats control the bordering states, it is an issue regardless of who is in Congress and the White House.

The simple truth is a wall is not going to fix it. Drones and the like are not going to fix it. There isn't a single thing that can fix it. People want work. People want to build a better life for their families. Not to mention, immigrants can live here without fear of being brutally murdered compared to the situations they are leaving.

Everyone in our country wants the same thing. They want to allow safe entrance to our country for those going through the process. They want those that want to contribute to our society to be able to do that, safely for us and them.

Making becoming a citizen harder isn't the answer. There are so many road blocks in front of people, they would rather just go around them.

What Democrats are doing, isn't working. What Republicans are doing isn't working.

If I were Biden, I would put a task force together that includes the governors of Texas, New Mexico, California, Arkansas, Arizona, and Nevada along with representatives of every region of the US, equal Republican/Democrat/Independent in numbers and tell them to write a new position for the US on immigration. Get the goals written, agreed to, and then let Congress get it done.

We cannot have an immigration policy that flip flops every dang 8 years, but we also cannot have one that cannot respond to unique situations.

Goals - Proposed Solutions - Legislation - Implementation

It cannot be that difficult.

Lord McBuckethead
08-09-2021, 02:47 PM
To add to your question. If you have the anti bodies why would you be afraid? If we following the science you should not be afraid or have the shot.

Because having antibodies from either previous infections or the vaccine does not fully protect you from contracting the virus and giving it to someone else. This is true and has been true of every single vaccine ever developed in the history of the human race. People typically do not want to be responsible for the sickness or the death of someone they may not even know. Worse if you actually know someone absolutely got it from you, and they heaven forbid die or something.

If everyone does their best, the spread will slow down due to the limitations on severe infections will go down. This is precisely why this vaccine and future vaccines involved with this virus is paramount.

We only have so much we can control. We cannot control people who do not wash their hands, but we can wash ours. We cannot control who we randomly run into public, but we can control how often we are out and about, and we can socially distance. We cannot control if we are actually asymptomatic to the virus, but we can wear a simple clean mask while in public and indoors.

We are the country that put people on the moon and just landed again on Mars. We can handle those 5 simple things to do our part. Vaccine, Mask, Socially Distance, Limit Exposure, Washing Hands.

Lord McBuckethead
08-09-2021, 02:50 PM
When we are talking about closing our borders, are we saying we should bar anyone from entering our country? We could and may have to do just that for a while. The Canadian model of not allowing anyone to enter without an up to date vaccine card would get my vote because it would mitigate the negative economic impacts to some degree.
I guess I?m not totally clear on what some mean when they say close our borders.

Well, I am sure they are just referring to closing out borders against illegal entrance. Which I believe all Americans can agree with. I agree that vaccine cards should be required at a minimum.

BeardoMSU
08-09-2021, 03:07 PM
That is true. But no matter what the situation, regardless of Covid, the border is going to be an issue. It is an issue if Republicans control the bordering states, it is an issue if Democrats control the bordering states, it is an issue regardless of who is in Congress and the White House.

The simple truth is a wall is not going to fix it. Drones and the like are not going to fix it. There isn't a single thing that can fix it. People want work. People want to build a better life for their families. Not to mention, immigrants can live here without fear of being brutally murdered compared to the situations they are leaving.

Everyone in our country wants the same thing. They want to allow safe entrance to our country for those going through the process. They want those that want to contribute to our society to be able to do that, safely for us and them.

Making becoming a citizen harder isn't the answer. There are so many road blocks in front of people, they would rather just go around them.

What Democrats are doing, isn't working. What Republicans are doing isn't working.

If I were Biden, I would put a task force together that includes the governors of Texas, New Mexico, California, Arkansas, Arizona, and Nevada along with representatives of every region of the US, equal Republican/Democrat/Independent in numbers and tell them to write a new position for the US on immigration. Get the goals written, agreed to, and then let Congress get it done.

We cannot have an immigration policy that flip flops every dang 8 years, but we also cannot have one that cannot respond to unique situations.

Goals - Proposed Solutions - Legislation - Implementation

It cannot be that difficult.

Rep.

Lord McBuckethead
08-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Also, lost in all of this. Closing the Mexico border is very difficult. If not, why didn't Trump, W, Clinton, Obama, Reagan, Carter, Dwight D, Lyndon Johnson, Nixon do it?

I will give my ideas on the subject, so remember this is my opinion.

1. First and foremost, the government should crack down damn hard on people that employ illegal immigrants. Verified Status immediately.
2. We should have active survelliance along with state organized/federally funded patrols that deal with people humanly but swiftly.
3. Birthright citizenship should be eliminated by non-citizens parents.
4. Foreign worker visa program needs to be expanded and additional responsibilities placed on employers to ensure compliance.
5. No federal or state aid to foreign workers or their families, unless they are paying their flat local tax and federal taxes.
6. 25% federal tax on all money earned. 15% State tax on all money earned. Both without SS benefits, both without the possibility to get that money returned. You make $100 dollars, fed gets 25 and the state gets $15. Period.
7. Any felony, you and your entire family is gone and none can re-enter unless there is an appeal to the immigration court. The person convicted is never allowed in the country again.
8. Any person caught bipassing this system, will be banned for 10 years and subject to a felony if entering the country again illegally.
9. Any person smuggling someone in, felony.
10. If they pay their taxes, do not break the law, and complete public service requirements, they can earn their way to citizenship over 8 years.

That is fair, doesn't waste our citizen's tax dollars, and provides a way for the well behaved future citizens to get to citizenship.

Visas are for the workers only. Families can stay in Mexico or wherever. They can have a different path to the US, but they pay their way for school and they have to have healthcare.
Matter of fact, everyone coming into this country shall be required to have an ACA approved healthcare plan.

Cost of doing business in the US. Even for work visa immigrants and families.

StarkVegasSteve
08-09-2021, 03:11 PM
Also, lost in all of this. Closing the Mexico border is very difficult. If not, why didn't Trump, W, Clinton, Obama, Reagan, Carter, Dwight D, Lyndon Johnson, Nixon do it?

1. First and foremost, the government should crack down damn hard on people that employ illegal immigrants. Verified Status immediately.
2. We should have active survelliance along with state organized/federally funded patrols that deal with people humanly but swiftly.
4. Foreign worker visa program needs to be expanded and additional responsibilities placed on employers to ensure compliance.
5. No federal or state aid to foreign workers or their families, unless they are paying their flat local tax and federal taxes.
6. 25% federal tax on all money earned. 15% State tax on all money earned. Both without SS benefits, both without the possibility to get that money returned. You make $100 dollars, fed gets 25 and the state gets $15. Period.
7. Any felony, you and your entire family is gone and none can re-enter unless there is an appeal to the immigration court. The person convicted is never allowed in the country again.
8. Any person caught bipassing this system, will be banned for 10 years and subject to a felony if entering the country again illegally.
10. If they pay their taxes, do not break the law, and complete public service requirements, they can earn their way to citizenship over 8 years.

That is fair, doesn't waste our citizen's tax dollars, and provides a way for the well behaved future citizens to get to citizenship.

We may not agree on some things, but 100% agree with you on this. Rep Given.

Jack Lambert
08-09-2021, 03:13 PM
Because having antibodies from either previous infections or the vaccine does not fully protect you from contracting the virus and giving it to someone else. This is true and has been true of every single vaccine ever developed in the history of the human race. People typically do not want to be responsible for the sickness or the death of someone they may not even know. Worse if you actually know someone absolutely got it from you, and they heaven forbid die or something.

If everyone does their best, the spread will slow down due to the limitations on severe infections will go down. This is precisely why this vaccine and future vaccines involved with this virus is paramount.

We only have so much we can control. We cannot control people who do not wash their hands, but we can wash ours. We cannot control who we randomly run into public, but we can control how often we are out and about, and we can socially distance. We cannot control if we are actually asymptomatic to the virus, but we can wear a simple clean mask while in public and indoors.

We are the country that put people on the moon and just landed again on Mars. We can handle those 5 simple things to do our part. Vaccine, Mask, Socially Distance, Limit Exposure, Washing Hands.

Deleted. I am tired of the debate that changes no opinions and just makes people have hard feelings.

CaptainObvious
08-09-2021, 03:20 PM
Wait. Why won?t a Wall work! Every 40 feet, have a Texas Ranger with a Gatling Gun on top of the wall. That should be a decent deterrent.

My other suggestion would be to just give the California. They automatically become one of the strongest Economies in the World.

Jack Lambert
08-09-2021, 03:24 PM
All I know is if they start to limit compacity in stadium I am backing out. My seats last season sucked.

BayouDawg
08-09-2021, 03:52 PM

Visas are for the workers only. Families can stay in Mexico or wherever. They can have a different path to the US, but they pay their way for school and they have to have healthcare.
Matter of fact, everyone coming into this country shall be required to have an ACA approved healthcare plan.

I agree with this. Good points.

NWADAWG
08-09-2021, 03:58 PM
Well, I am sure they are just referring to closing out borders against illegal entrance. Which I believe all Americans can agree with. I agree that vaccine cards should be required at a minimum.

Here's my proposal:

I grew up in AR so when I came to State, I paid out of state tuition to make up for my family not paying into MS economy my first 18 years. I think it should be the same at the southern border. I don't think we would get to much resistance either. All can come if they are willing to pay an "out of country" tax in addition to normal taxes. Small price to pay to not have to worry about getting kicked out of the country.

If it makes everyone feel better, we could mandatory vaccinate them on the way in also.

Dawg2003
08-09-2021, 04:13 PM
I think vaccinating people on the way in is the way to go. If they refuse, they don't get it.

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-09-2021, 04:13 PM
Slow clap, Buckethead!

Lord McBuckethead
08-09-2021, 04:54 PM
Slow clap, Buckethead!

Man, I am not totally unreasonable as a die hard Democrat. I generally want pretty much all the same things most Americans want, but getting there is always the issue.
Borders are serious business. I am have been in about 18 countries, and guess what... most of their borders are taken seriously. Not so much since the formation of the EU, but even then you better have your papers ready.

Lord McBuckethead
08-09-2021, 05:02 PM
I mean you could put me and Jack Lambert in a room and I bet we could solve maybe half of the damn issues politicians have been bitching about in about a weekend. And probably have most of it paid for as well.
We would eliminate probably half of the wedge issues on day one. We would establish a stronger state's rights doctrine and more clearly define the federal government's responsibilities. Personal responsibility would be a focus, along with don't bash people that need a helping hand, that are willing to help themselves. A bunch of people are going to be left wondering why we have forsaken them, and then they will realize that they can help themselves.

Commercecomet24
08-09-2021, 06:59 PM
I mean you could put me and Jack Lambert in a room and I bet we could solve maybe half of the damn issues politicians have been bitching about in about a weekend. And probably have most of it paid for as well.
We would eliminate probably half of the wedge issues on day one. We would establish a stronger state's rights doctrine and more clearly define the federal government's responsibilities. Personal responsibility would be a focus, along with don't bash people that need a helping hand, that are willing to help themselves. A bunch of people are going to be left wondering why we have forsaken them, and then they will realize that they can help themselves.

The key point there is y'all aren't politicians.I guarantee just like you said regular folks with differing views could get together and get things worked out and solved. Politicians are way to self centered, egotistical, narcissistic and power hungry to ever compromise with folks that have differing views.

smootness
08-09-2021, 10:03 PM
We could have been further ahead last year. Along with the rest of the world.

And I'm asking how we would be further ahead if we knew about it sooner.

Lord McBuckethead
08-09-2021, 10:45 PM
The key point there is y'all aren't politicians.I guarantee just like you said regular folks with differing views could get together and get things worked out and solved. Politicians are way to self centered, egotistical, narcissistic and power hungry to ever compromise with folks that have differing views.

It?s not even the self centered part of being a politician that is the issue. They have to make so many promises to get enough money and in enough fund raising dinners that the promises made to voters and the original ideas that made you run in the first place is the easiest to break.

Not to mention, the second you put an R or D next to your name you have to submit to the platform and conform, or else you get a primary challenger with impossibly deep pockets that did conform.

Money influence makes it a losing game for normal tax paying engaged citizens.

Lord McBuckethead
08-09-2021, 10:47 PM

By the time Wuhan was shutting down, it was already out. No idea how we could be in any better situation today if we knew about it Dec1 versus Dec 30th. It was already out by then. Just took a couple weeks to start hitting the hospitals.

But that is only based off the timeline as I understand it.

Commercecomet24
08-09-2021, 10:53 PM
It?s not even the self centered part of being a politician that is the issue. They have to make so many promises to get enough money and in enough fund raising dinners that the promises made to voters and the original ideas that made you run in the first place is the easiest to break.

Not to mention, the second you put an R or D next to your name you have to submit to the platform and conform, or else you get a primary challenger with impossibly deep pockets that did conform.

Money influence makes it a losing game for normal tax paying engaged citizens.

You are correct. Sir!

chef dixon
08-10-2021, 07:33 AM
This is simply a case of people not wanting to be told what to do. 96% of doctors are vaccinated. Do you think they would really be doing it if they didn't have data to back it up? If you have some anecdote that your doctor (not chiropractor) told you not to, I would stop going to them.

Anyone wise enough to read past political headlines and make a decision for themselves can find out the vaccine never completely prevented you from actually getting this virus. It amazes me that people who shout things like this is a "Mexican border issue" think they are free-thinking and not being controlled by the media/politics.

coastratdog
08-10-2021, 08:00 AM

If it is about science then why did the science people, MSM and the Internet guardians nix therapeutics? They are working now and would have saved thousands of lives. But there was no money in it for the pharmacy, Wall Street or the rich elites. Why do people who have had Covid need to be vaxed? It"s not science. It's money. The vax is only good for about 6 months or so. You'll be getting a booster first of next year.

StateDawg44
08-10-2021, 08:13 AM

I'm not asking to make an argument, I'm just curious about numbers 8 & 9.

So when they get a felony, do they get deported or do they get tossed into our prison system that our tax money goes towards?

If it's deported, then why would they care if they have a felony in the US if they just get sent back to Mexico? It would be just collecting signatures and "See ya again next week Jos?".

If it's using tax payers money to hold illegal immigrant prisoners then I don't see any effectiveness of these two points.

Liverpooldawg
08-10-2021, 08:42 AM
Has anybody heard from Tate Reeves lately? Any sightings or is he sending owls in to the office?

BrunswickDawg
08-10-2021, 08:47 AM
If it is about science then why did the science people, MSM and the Internet guardians nix therapeutics? They are working now and would have saved thousands of lives. But there was no money in it for the pharmacy, Wall Street or the rich elites. Why do people who have had Covid need to be vaxed? It"s not science. It's money. The vax is only good for about 6 months or so. You'll be getting a booster first of next year.

Because there was no evidence - meaning scientific study - that indicated that therapeutics worked. Now, that doesn't mean that doing things that naturally boost your immune system is bad, but it does mean that quacks shouldn't be out boosting them as a cure all or a way to not get the virus (and that was happening). That being said - when I was in the hospital on O2 and getting a Remdesivir treatment daily for COVID, they gave me Vitamin C & D, Zinc, and 2-3 other therapeutics to help me naturally fight the virus via my immune system.

Maverick91
08-10-2021, 09:05 AM
Man, I am not totally unreasonable as a die hard Democrat. I generally want pretty much all the same things most Americans want, but getting there is always the issue.
Borders are serious business. I am have been in about 18 countries, and guess what... most of their borders are taken seriously. Not so much since the formation of the EU, but even then you better have your papers ready.

lol Sounds like you are more conservative than a democrat my friend.

Maverick91
08-10-2021, 09:08 AM
Because there was no evidence - meaning scientific study - that indicated that therapeutics worked. Now, that doesn't mean that doing things that naturally boost your immune system is bad, but it does mean that quacks shouldn't be out boosting them as a cure all or a way to not get the virus (and that was happening). That being said - when I was in the hospital on O2 and getting a Remdesivir treatment daily for COVID, they gave me Vitamin C & D, Zinc, and 2-3 other therapeutics to help me naturally fight the virus via my immune system.

Very curious, how did all of that work? Obviously you are here so that's awesome! But, Were they just throwing darts at a wall and hoping something sticks? Or did they at the end say " O man, looks like the elevated levels of this thing from vitamin C & D really beat this thing?"

BrunswickDawg
08-10-2021, 09:48 AM
Very curious, how did all of that work? Obviously you are here so that's awesome! But, Were they just throwing darts at a wall and hoping something sticks? Or did they at the end say " O man, looks like the elevated levels of this thing from vitamin C & D really beat this thing?"

This was last October. My Dr told me that basically Dr.'s had been crowdsourcing data and sharing information across the country working to develop treatment protocols for the different ways that COVID presents itself.
Obviously, doctors know well established therapeutics that assist and treat certain symptoms. That is why they are doctors and I am not. The point of the therapeutics was entirely about using known immunity boosters to enable the body to better fight the virus, which in turn would help the Remdesivir be more effective.

chef dixon
08-10-2021, 10:01 AM

You're being fed that information purely by the media, ironically. Many of the therapeutics that people think are being censored have been thoroughly proven ineffective in actual studies, and the vast majorities of medical professionals will tell you this and have been trying to tell you this. If that changes and studies say otherwise, those same doctors will also follow suit. Portions of the cocktail that Brunswick is mentioning they gave him is not necessarily proven to given benefit on a large scale, but when you're in the hospital with a novel disease they try things (this is also how we figure shit out).

I really wish people would just actually give some thought to what 95% of doctors without a political agenda are saying. Their recommendations are based off evidence to date, and it should be expected to change with time and not be received with a knee-jerk reaction that they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Liverpooldawg
08-10-2021, 10:22 AM
You're being fed that information purely by the media, ironically. Many of the therapeutics that people think are being censored have been thoroughly proven ineffective in actual studies, and the vast majorities of medical professionals will tell you this and have been trying to tell you this. If that changes and studies say otherwise, those same doctors will also follow suit. Portions of the cocktail that Brunswick is mentioning they gave him is not necessarily proven to given benefit on a large scale, but when you're in the hospital with a novel disease they try things (this is also how we figure shit out).

I really wish people would just actually give some thought to what 95% of doctors without a political agenda are saying. Their recommendations are based off evidence to date, and it should be expected to change with time and not be received with a knee-jerk reaction that they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

THIS

Joebob
08-10-2021, 11:47 AM
My friend that's now on his 20th day in the hospital looks like he might make it, but when he finally comes home it's going to be with an oxygen tank and permanent scarring of his lungs. It's a shame because he was in great shape and was very active for a 68 year old. And it could have been so easily prevented if he had just gotten the damn vaccine.

Liverpooldawg
08-10-2021, 12:13 PM
My friend that's now on his 20th day in the hospital looks like he might make it, but when he finally comes home it's going to be with an oxygen tank and permanent scarring of his lungs. It's a shame because he was in great shape and was very active for a 68 year old. And it could have been so easily prevented if he had just gotten the damn vaccine.

I had one like that. Your friend is lucky. Mine didn't come out. He didn't have the vaccine option either. He caught it in December. I suspect he would have taken it if he had.

BayouDawg
08-10-2021, 01:14 PM

If we would have been allowed to have scientist go into China to study the virus that could have been some key information. But of course the virus was probably here by then anyway. So maybe it doesnt matter.

BorneDawg
08-10-2021, 02:23 PM
On cue?defense of the border being open and thousands of unvaccinated crossing.

You leftist need to quit pretending that you know ?Science bro!?, while saying the border is fine.

Same crowd who claim BLM ?protest? don?t also spread the plague.

All lies.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cheewgumm again.

BorneDawg
08-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Ivemectrin and hydroxyclorquine way more effective than vaccine and hardly any side-affects ! the Drs that invented the mRNA stuff say its not safe! the test are about to be pulled cause they cant differentiate between flu and covid. meanwhile the 2 I mentioned have been around for many decades and have a great track record.......... So quit telling us to get a dangerous unproven experimental shot that ISNT a vaccine at ALL!!!!!!!

Hot Rock
08-10-2021, 03:10 PM
Ivemectrin and hydroxyclorquine way more effective than vaccine and hardly any side-affects ! the Drs that invented the mRNA stuff say its not safe! the test are about to be pulled cause they cant differentiate between flu and covid. meanwhile the 2 I mentioned have been around for many decades and have a great track record.......... So quit telling us to get a dangerous unproven experimental shot that ISNT a vaccine at ALL!!!!!!!

99.5% of people that are still dying from Covid are unvaccinated.

That one stat right there should be enough to give you pause and rethink your stance.

The only reason I see still saying the vaccine is not a good ideas is that people are too full of pride and will never admit they were wrong.

Here is a quote that might help someone change their mind. "When presented with new evidence, intelligent people have the ability to change their minds."

BeardoMSU
08-10-2021, 03:28 PM

Lolz

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-10-2021, 03:51 PM
For all of those adamant that everyone has to vaccinated, did you take the flu shot every year prior to covid?

dawgday166
08-10-2021, 04:06 PM
99.5% of people that are still dying from Covid are unvaccinated.

That one stat right there should be enough to give you pause and rethink your stance.

The only reason I see still saying the vaccine is not a good ideas is that people are too full of pride and will never admit they were wrong.

Here is a quote that might help someone change their mind. "When presented with new evidence, intelligent people have the ability to change their minds."

I love you folks who "understand" the science?? and whatnot. LOL.

Hot Rock
08-10-2021, 04:21 PM
I love you folks who "understand" the science?? and whatnot. LOL.

How hard is it to understand that 99.5% of the people that are still dying are unvaccinated? All one has to do is see that. There is not a lot brain power that goes into it. You just refuse to believe something no matter the evidence.

BeardoMSU
08-10-2021, 04:41 PM
For all of those adamant that everyone has to vaccinated, did you take the flu shot every year prior to covid?

Still comparing COVID to the flu? JFC...

CaptainObvious
08-10-2021, 04:43 PM
I find it interesting that many of the illegals crossing the border are being bussed to Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Kansas, Idaho, and Kentucky, and the rest are being turned loose in Texas.

I wonder what all of those States have in common? Hmmmm.

Quaoarsking
08-10-2021, 04:49 PM

Of course. A bad case of the flu as a teenager taught me that lesson. I realize no shot is 100%, but I can take 10 minutes out of my day once a year to do what I can to prevent it.

dawgday166
08-10-2021, 04:53 PM
How hard is it to understand that 99.5% of the people that are still dying are unvaccinated? All one has to do is see that. There is not a lot brain power that goes into it. You just refuse to believe something no matter the evidence.

Oh ... not very hard if the data is accurate. That's the question. Lots of "science" everyone was on board with last year where the data wasn't accurate, reports were wrong, articles were wrong, etc.

But ... you keep having an absolute opinion on any f***ing thing you read, especially when it jives with your "feelings". And keep telling everyone they're dumbasses ... dumbass.

You're brilliant.

Turfdawg67
08-10-2021, 06:00 PM
Politics make smart people stupid as hell...

confucius say
08-10-2021, 06:02 PM
I find it interesting that many of the illegals crossing the border are being bussed to Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Kansas, Idaho, and Kentucky, and the rest are being turned loose in Texas.

I was told today there was a huge unloading in the Jackson metro area this past week. Anybody else hear that?

Also, if any of you are struggling with covid and need somebody to talk to, feel free to reach out.

Turfdawg67
08-10-2021, 06:12 PM

I was told today there was a huge unloading in the Jackson metro area this past week. Anybody else hear that?

Also, if any of you are struggling with covid and need somebody to talk to, feel free to reach out.

Case in point to my last post... weirdos, brainwashed??? Scary. Watch out for that caravan coming your way. Lolz.

CaptainObvious
08-10-2021, 06:16 PM
I have had Covid twice!
1st time was end of February, 2020 when I came home from an International Food Show in Orlando, Fl. at Disney with nearly 5000 attendees, including the Far East, the Middle East, The island Nations, South and Central America.

The second time was in November.

I got both vaccinations this past spring.

And I can assure you there is no one on here more ?conservative? than me.

But.... it was a personal choice... and everyone has to take personal responsibility. Choose wisely, because the only two certainties in life.... are Death and Taxes. Unless you are over 80 and are ready to meet your maker, I suggest taking the taxes.

R2Dawg
08-10-2021, 07:09 PM

This is the truth so 3.2.1 mods getting ready to shut it down.

R2Dawg
08-10-2021, 07:13 PM
I have had Covid twice!
1st time was end of February, 2020 when I came home from an International Food Show in Orlando, Fl. at Disney with nearly 5000 attendees, including the Far East, the Middle East, The island Nations, South and Central America.

The second time was in November.

I got both vaccinations this past spring.

And I can assure you there is no one on here more ?conservative? than me.

But.... it was a personal choice... and everyone has to take personal responsibility. Choose wisely, because the only two certainties in life.... are Death and Taxes. Unless you are over 80 and are ready to meet your maker, I suggest taking the taxes.

True. Getting it twice is very rare and an exception. Truth is natural immunity is way better than any vaccine they can mix up. They have been working on this for decades for SARS viruses with no success. Now experimental drugs. The Moderna guy said the mnra mix is not even safe for animals - his words not mine.

It is a personal choice and there is no one right answer as so many arrogant folks seem to want to look down their noses at people over. I know deaths on all sided, hospitalizations and life altering conditions from Covid and vaccine so folks need to shut up on the vax everyone.

R2Dawg
08-10-2021, 07:18 PM
Oh ... not very hard if the data is accurate. That's the question. Lots of "science" everyone was on board with last year where the data wasn't accurate, reports were wrong, articles were wrong, etc.

But ... you keep having an absolute opinion on any f***ing thing you read, especially when it jives with your "feelings". And keep telling everyone they're dumbasses ... dumbass.

You're brilliant.

Yep the left destroyed science. Science is now a word used by lazy people that want their opinion to be fact. You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

chef dixon
08-10-2021, 07:25 PM

That has nothing to do with it man. People are allowed to evolve their decision making process when presented with new information and circumstances. I have a lot of respect for people that can change their mind when the information dictates they maybe should do something different. What I don't understand is why people try and deflect and go so hard against the grain in this situation. I'd rather people just admit "I don't want to get it because I don't like being told what to do" and leave it at that instead of bringing up straw man arguments. At the end of the day, nothing anyone says about flu shots, illegals crossing the border, the government censoring therapies helps them protect themselves from having a bad experience with this virus. The data on the vaccine shows that it does, so why die on that hill?

chef dixon
08-10-2021, 07:35 PM
Yep the left destroyed science. Science is now a word used by lazy people that want their opinion to be fact. You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Serious question. Who are you all wanting to hear it from to believe the vaccine to this point is helpful? My guess is no one.

Turfdawg67
08-10-2021, 07:38 PM

Another moron... not shocked.

CaptainObvious
08-10-2021, 07:58 PM
True. Getting it twice is very rare and an exception. Truth is natural immunity is way better than any vaccine they can mix up. They have been working on this for decades for SARS viruses with no success. Now experimental drugs. The Moderna guy said the mnra mix is not even safe for animals - his words not mine.

It is a personal choice and there is no one right answer as so many arrogant folks seem to want to look down their noses at people over. I know deaths on all sided, hospitalizations and life altering conditions from Covid and vaccine so folks need to shut up on the vax everyone.

Oh. Make no mistake. I think it was deliberately released and I feel confident they knew it would mutate and mutate and mutate some more. The releasers were counting on the arrogance of certain democracies to let their guard down. This one will peak in a few weeks, we will relax for a few months and then the next mutation, stronger than this one, will run it?s course.

They just couldn?t work out the One World Order until they eliminated about 10-15% of the World?s population. It is here to stay.

By the time every mutation of this virus runs through the world, there will be 10?s of millions dead from it.

Turfdawg67
08-10-2021, 08:12 PM
Oh. Make no mistake. I think it was deliberately released and I feel confident they knew it would mutate and mutate and mutate some more. The releasers were counting on the arrogance of certain democracies to let their guard down. This one will peak in a few weeks, we will relax for a few months and then the next mutation, stronger than this one, will run it?s course.

They just couldn?t work out the One World Order until they eliminated about 10-15% of the World?s population. It is here to stay.

By the time every mutation of this virus runs through the world, there will be 10?s of millions dead from it.

https://i.postimg.cc/j2KBDKwR/C08-A1799-26-CE-4-C1-A-B20-B-8-D2-DE2139-C88.gif

Thank you soooo much lord for my sanity, much lacking in the Trump cult.

BeardoMSU
08-10-2021, 08:14 PM

J.H.C....no, no its not.

I mean,, sure,, if you believe the My Pillow guy or some other grifter, lol.

It is so ****ing easy to debunk this drivel, but its not even worth it, because you'll just call it fake news/liberal science/or fill in _________ bullshit.

Holy shit.

BeardoMSU
08-10-2021, 08:16 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/j2KBDKwR/C08-A1799-26-CE-4-C1-A-B20-B-8-D2-DE2139-C88.gif

Thank you soooo much lord for my sanity, much lacking in the Trump cult.

When do the shape-shifting lizard people come for our children, though? Want to make sure I'm ready...

Oh snap...isn't something "yuge" supposedly happening in August that will save us all?*************

Turfdawg67
08-10-2021, 08:18 PM
J.H.C....no, no its not.

I mean,, sure,, if you believe the My Pillow guy or some other grifter, lol.

It is so ****ing easy to debunk this drivel, but its not even worth it, because you'll just call it fake news/liberal science/or fill in _________ bullshit.

Holy shit.

Ha! His wife/cousin thinks you're full of sh*t...

Percho
08-10-2021, 08:19 PM
What causes something to mutate?

BeardoMSU
08-10-2021, 09:43 PM

Jack Lambert
08-11-2021, 07:37 AM
This gives pause on everything being reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-adjusts-florida-covid-19-numbers-after-health-department-call-out

Gutter Cobreh
08-11-2021, 08:38 AM
This gives pause on everything being reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-adjusts-florida-covid-19-numbers-after-health-department-call-out

What's more important - numbers being reported or hospital capacity?

The answer to all of this vaccine discussion is simple - if hospitalized without being vaccinated - you're required to pay the bill for your treatment/care.

msstate7
08-11-2021, 08:42 AM
What's more important - numbers being reported or hospital capacity?

I think it's all important. The WH and desantis have a spat, then all-the-sudden, the CDC taints Florida's poor numbers to make them even worse. And then people wonder why there's a big portion of the population that doesn't trust the government

dawgday166
08-11-2021, 09:02 AM
I think it's all important. The WH and desantis have a spat, then all-the-sudden, the CDC taints Florida's poor numbers to make them even worse. And then people wonder why there's a big portion of the population that doesn't trust the government

I noticed a trend in the data no one else was talking about. It's 3 plots of 3 different parameters. Looking at data from individual states' websites. I developed somewhat of a theory based on trend. All of this about a week ago. No one else was talking about it.

Now one doctor has voiced opposition to vaccine and his reasons why would explain almost precisely the trends I was seeing. Don't know if he's a very good doc or if he sucks as a doc. Not saying it's true or not yet ... just sayin.

MadDawg
08-11-2021, 09:09 AM
Thanks to this thread for reminding me that a sizeable segment of our fanbase are disgustingly horrible.

ScoobaDawg
08-11-2021, 09:34 AM

Good info. I wish more stats like this were available in other areas.

and as long as the damn idiots keep getting policed.. yall can have this damn thread till football season starts.

CaptainObvious
08-11-2021, 09:53 AM
What is the demographics of the ones refusing to take the vaccines? On yeah, they can?t tell us that. What is the demographics of the unvaccinated that are hospitalized? Oh yeah, they can?t tell us that.

How many illegal immigrants are now taking hospital beds that came across the border the past 6 months? Oh yeah, the can?t tell us that.

And as far as my comments about the mutations mutating, your wonderful evil genius Dr. Fauci said that a new variant is coming and it will be worse than this one. And he says the vaccines will not fend it off. The Left?s hero!

Gutter Cobreh
08-11-2021, 10:14 AM

Disagree. Not all stats are important. The reported number of cases doesn't change the fact that hospitals are over-run in FL, TX, MS, AR, etc.

The cases reported could be 1,000,000 or they could be 10 - either way - it doesn't currently free up an ICU bed. Capacity and resources to provide care are the only thing that is important (always has been in my view). When we didn't have a vaccine, case numbers helped track the spread. Now that there is a solution to the problem available for all (and for free) - who cares...

In TX, the Governor has mandated hospitals suspend elective surgeries - so - who do you think will ultimately foot the bill for the lost revenue those health organizations will sustain? If you come around to the correct answer - hint - taxpayer - then you see how this goes beyond personal choice.

msstate7
08-11-2021, 10:44 AM
Delere

Dawgfan77
08-11-2021, 11:14 AM
So the way I understand it is every patient that comes into a hospital regardless of reason is asked if vaccinated and also a test is run. So patient is admitted for back pain and then test positive for C19 they are now counted as a C19 patient. That one reason for increase in hospitalization

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 11:21 AM
So the way I understand it is every patient that comes into a hospital regardless of reason is asked if vaccinated and also a test is run. So patient is admitted for back pain and then test positive for C19 they are now counted as a C19 patient. That one reason for increase in hospitalization

Everybody admitted to the hospital is tested. If they test positive they ARE a COVID patient because they have to be treated as such.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 11:23 AM

Every single thing in that post is false.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 11:24 AM

You're brilliant.

Your the one citing feelings.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 11:26 AM

Natural immunity is NOT as good with the vaxx DELTA unless you had Delta.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 11:34 AM

Florida's numbers were in question long before Biden was elected.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 11:37 AM
What causes something to mutate?

DNA is not copied correctly. The cause is natural in almost all cases. It happens. It happens in all life. The mutations move quicker the faster that whatever the organism reproduces.

Dawgfan77
08-11-2021, 11:55 AM
Everybody admitted to the hospital is tested. If they test positive they ARE a COVID patient because they have to be treated as such.

You missed the point I'm not surprised. You do understand that you could have covid and have absolutely no symptoms? I mean with all your medical experiences and expertise right.... an example...so John Doe comes into the hospital and has a heart condition. Chest pains will say... history of angioplasty. They test him for covid he is....asymptotic or could be a false positive.. So your then telling me they decide oh let's treat the covid and not the heart condition. That's exactly what your saying. Correct??? Let me tell you what's going to happen they are going to treat his case as a heart related issue. Now the actual hospital records will show he is a covid positive patient which is mis leading. Now should John pass away due to the heart related issue he is now a...... you guess right a covid death.

The more you post on this and other boards Bill the dumber you sound and less and less are we lead to believe you are even in the medical field.

dawgday166
08-11-2021, 12:04 PM
Every single thing in that post is false.

There are MDs that say otherwise. There is also a reported (in Jerusalem Post) double-blind study performed in Israel stating Ivermectin is very effective. More so than the vaccine ... don't know.

The point is there is a lot of conflicting info out there and I do know for a fact the FDA and Big Pharma will suppress info and when every MSM or Big Tech outlet is censoring conversations about it then I certainly ask why that is. I work with a lot of pretty smart (some that are exceptionally smart) scientists every day that often disagree.

And my "feelings" tell me that once I get vaccinated, I can't get unvaccinated.

BB30
08-11-2021, 12:15 PM

Source? I would imagine they would be pretty similar being that the current vax wasn't made specifically for the Delta variant.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 12:19 PM
You missed the point I'm not surprised. You do understand that you could have covid and have absolutely no symptoms? I mean with all your medical experiences and expertise right.... an example...so John Doe comes into the hospital and has a heart condition. Chest pains will say... history of angioplasty. They test him for covid he is....asymptotic or could be a false positive.. So your then telling me they decide oh let's treat the covid and not the heart condition. That's exactly what your saying. Correct??? Let me tell you what's going to happen they are going to treat his case as a heart related issue. Now the actual hospital records will show he is a covid positive patient which is mis leading. Now should John pass away due to the heart related issue he is now a...... you guess right a covid death.

The more you post on this and other boards Bill the dumber you sound and less and less are we lead to believe you are even in the medical field.

It doesn't MATTER if you have symptoms or not. I was NOT saying you don't treat the heart problem, good lord man don't patronize me. Sheer ignorance is the only way you could have EVER come up with that. They STILL have to be treated with all the precautions as any COVID patient because they ARE a COVID patient in addition to whatever else they are. They have to be in a isolation room or a COVID ward. You don't just walk into one of those if you are treating them, no matter what's wrong with them. You are aware that COVID patients are something like 3 times more likely to have a stroke or a MI, RIGHT? You may be an intelligent person, but your ignorance in these matters astounds me.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 12:24 PM
There are MDs that say otherwise. There is also a reported (in Jerusalem Post) double-blind study performed in Israel stating Ivermectin is very effective. More so than the vaccine ... don't know.

The point is there is a lot of conflicting info out there and I do know for a fact the FDA and Big Pharma will suppress info and when every MSM or Big Tech outlet is censoring conversations about it then I certainly ask why that is. I work with a lot of pretty smart (some that are exceptionally smart) scientists every day that often disagree.

So sheep dip is good for COVID...who knew.******* I hope everybody gets their shots, even the people killing people by spreading this crap.

Maverick91
08-11-2021, 12:46 PM
this thread needs to get deleted. IT has gotten to political. not the point of this place.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 01:01 PM
Source? I would imagine they would be pretty similar being that the current vax wasn't made specifically for the Delta variant.

Google it. Every reputable source that pops up will tell you what I just told you. Two I saw right off the bat were from MIT and the University of Chicago.

Johnson85
08-11-2021, 01:56 PM

This is not supported by the data yet. Might end up being true, but the data is equivocal at this point.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 02:28 PM
Yes, it is.

Jack Lambert
08-11-2021, 02:34 PM
We do need to start wondering how it is going to effect tail gate and other things about game day.

Johnson85
08-11-2021, 03:54 PM
Yes, it is.

Often wrong, never in doubt.

BeardoMSU
08-11-2021, 06:01 PM
Google it. Every reputable source that pops up will tell you what I just told you. Two I saw right off the bat were from MIT and the University of Chicago.

But some guy with a Patreon account and a MD/PhD in his twitter bio says otherwise.***

chef dixon
08-11-2021, 06:09 PM

Maybe 1% of MDs if that? But you won't listen to the other 99%? Stop trying to justifying your decision and just say you don't want to be told what to do

dawgday166
08-11-2021, 06:21 PM
Maybe 1% of MDs if that? But you won't listen to the other 99%? Stop trying to justifying your decision and just say you don't want to be told what to do

Don't have to justify it right now ... it's my decision.

Not sure why all you vaxxed people are up in arms tho. According to all of your sources
a) if you get it your symptoms will be mild at worst
b) you can't die from it.

So that means all of us unvaxxed probably will kill each other off and then y'all will be happy. Or we'll be put in the CDC isolation camps (described on CDC's own website .. or was a couple of days ago) ... and then y'all can rejoice. Either way ... it ends very good for you. Once we're gone, everyone is vaxxed then.

Personally, I don't see a downside for any of you.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 06:24 PM

Not sure why all you vaxxed people are up in arms tho. According to all of your sources

So that means all of us unvaxxed probably will kill each other off and then y'all will be happy. Or we'll be put in the CDC isolation camps (described on CDC's own website .. or was a couple of days ago) ... and then y'all can rejoice. Either way ... it ends very good for you. Once we're gone, everyone is vaxxed then.

Sheer ignorance. You probably think it's just COVID patients waiting on ICU beds right now. Here is a news flash....don't have a wreck or a heart attack right now.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 06:26 PM
Often wrong, never in doubt.

Dude, I've literally seen the data in multiple reputable places many times, WITHOUT TRYING TO FIND IT. I would think you would have to be willfully not looking at COVID stuff not to have seen it.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Mississippi has asked if a Navy hospital ship might be available. From a health department pressor today.

chef dixon
08-11-2021, 07:00 PM

Truthfully, im fine with you and other unvaccinated people making their own bed and taking their chances if it were just as simple as that. The downside of that is the impact it is having on a lot of people in the healthcare field. And while still rare, any child dying from this without the option to take a vaccine is huge tragedy.

BeardoMSU
08-11-2021, 07:05 PM
Truthfully, im fine with you and other unvaccinated people making their own bed and taking their chances if it were just as simple as that. The downside of that is the impact it is having on a lot of people in the healthcare field. And while still rare, any child dying from this without the option to take a vaccine is huge tragedy.

This.

I'll also add the increased potential of future lock-downs, mandates, shortened/cancelled/reduced capacity sporting events, etc. etc.

But yeah, **** the rest of us.

Bdawg
08-11-2021, 10:12 PM

Every dr and immunologist I have heard speaking on this topic says natural immunity is better than the vaccine(especially on variants) because the vaccine created is very specific. But are you saying there is a delta vaccine now? Haven't heard that if that is what you are saying.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 10:17 PM
Every dr and immunologist I have heard speaking on this topic says natural immunity is better than the vaccine(especially on variants) because the vaccine created is very specific. But are you saying there is a delta vaccine now? Haven't heard that if that is what you are saying.

Literally every one I have seen says exactly the opposite except if you have actually had Delta, MAYBE. That is the current thing EVERY reputable source is saying. Just Google it for crying out loud. You need to look at your sources. There is no Delta specific vaccine yet. Don't put words in my mouth.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 10:20 PM
This.

I'll also add the increased potential of future lock-downs, mandates, shortened/cancelled/reduced capacity sporting events, etc. etc.

But yeah, **** the rest of us.

Totally agree. If it ONLY affected the people who refuse to take the vaccine then I would be fine with them not taking it.

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-11-2021, 10:21 PM
Hold on. So Dohlphus, you don?t think it leaked out of a lab and was being manipulated with? That looks pretty clear to me. Not that it really matters now that it?s here to stay

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 10:31 PM
Mississippi has asked if a Navy hospital ship might be available. From a health department pressor today.

I'm going to quote myself. That we are asking about this, that at least one hospital on the coast is about to set up tent field hospitals, that UMMC IS setting up a tent hospital in it's parking garage, that several others are quietly exploring it, that the MSDH has formally appealed for Federal health care workers, SHOULD tell you if you have one ounce of sense that we are in DEEP trouble here. Keep in mind that all of these organizations made it through the winter surge so they have experience with COVID now. If you watch them in their pressers, there is a REALLY different vibe now. Last year it was fear of the unknown. THIS time it is fear of the KNOWN. They are TRUELY scared. It should scare you.

Bdawg
08-11-2021, 10:32 PM
Literally every one I have seen says exactly the opposite except if you have actually had Delta, MAYBE. That is the current thing EVERY reputable source is saying. Just Google it for crying out loud. You need to look at your sources. There is no Delta specific vaccine yet. Don't put words in my mouth.

Wasn't trying to. I asked you a question. By the way, what makes it reputable? Is it because you agree with it? Anywhere you look, you can find information that says what you want to here. I'm sure there is no doubt you've read articles that the vaccine is better than natural immunity just like I've heard Drs and immunologist say the opposite. So who is right? Who knows. Guess that's what makes this country great. We can all choose to do believe what we want and do what the hell we want. By the way, I'm not anti-vaccine, but I'm not going to demonize people on here like some are doing cause they THINK they are right.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2021, 10:45 PM
Wasn't trying to. I asked you a question. By the way, what makes it reputable? Is it because you agree with it? Anywhere you look, you can find information that says what you want to here. I'm sure there is no doubt you've read articles that the vaccine is better than natural immunity just like I've heard Drs and immunologist say the opposite. So who is right? Who knows. Guess that's what makes this country great. We can all choose to do believe what we want and do what the hell we want. By the way, I'm not anti-vaccine, but I'm not going to demonize people on here like some are doing cause they THINK they are right.

OH BS. That is EXACTLY what you were doing with your "question"? What makes it reputable is that is attached to a respected health care or research outfit. Go look at Mayo, look at Johns Hopkins, UCLA, UAB, Vanderbilt, heck go look at UMMC. See if they publish their results in academic journals or YOUTUBE. See if they belong to an organization or FOUNDED their own. You are just making things up or parroting a few things you have seen that you agree with. Good lord.

Bdawg
08-11-2021, 11:04 PM
OH BS. That is EXACTLY what you were doing with your "question"? What makes it reputable is that is attached to a respected health care or research outfit. Go look at Mayo, look at Johns Hopkins, UCLA, UAB, Vanderbilt, heck go look at UMMC. See if they publish their results in academic journals or YOUTUBE. See if they belong to an organization or FOUNDED their own. You are just making things up or parroting a few things you have seen that you agree with. Good lord.

Calm down Francis. I just read an article myself stating natural immunity and vaccines were both equally effective. Like I said, I'm not against vaccines. But since Ive had the virus, I havent gotten it yet because of natural immunity. I even went and had my antibodies tested and guess what? The DOCTOR said come back in a few months because you don't need it. Also spoke with another DOCTOR that said he would think of getting the vaccine within a year of having the virus. But yes, I'm just making shit up. Furthermore, do you have an article saying the vaccine is better against variants than natural immunity? I would like to read it, if so. Then I could make my mind up if the immunologist I listened to was lying or not.

And the question I asked you earlier was about a delta vaccine. I was certain there was no such thing, but I was unsure what you were saying in your post. Was just asking for clarification.

SilentSteel16
08-12-2021, 01:03 AM
Listen, the problem is this…. It is not about people getting Vaccines and not catching Covid…. It is about HOSPITALS CAPACITY…… if our ICU facilities are full up because there are continuous unvaccinated people occupying them, that is selfish as hell. Let me tell you this, if one of my loved ones need an ICU or vent due to heart attack or stroke and can’t get one because Joe Blow wanted to be a dumbass and did not get a vaccine, there maybe an accident where his shit gets unplugged. Be responsible and get the shot, it is not about you, it is about the hospital not being able to perform their duties because they are baby sitting jackasses that thought they were smart.

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-12-2021, 06:19 AM
The scary thing with this one is that most of the patients hospitalized are under 50 according to Dobbs.

BeardoMSU
08-12-2021, 06:38 AM
Calm down Francis. I just read an article myself stating natural immunity and vaccines were both equally effective. Like I said, I'm not against vaccines. But since Ive had the virus, I havent gotten it yet because of natural immunity. I even went and had my antibodies tested and guess what? The DOCTOR said come back in a few months because you don't need it. Also spoke with another DOCTOR that said he would think of getting the vaccine within a year of having the virus. But yes, I'm just making shit up. Furthermore, do you have an article saying the vaccine is better against variants than natural immunity? I would like to read it, if so. Then I could make my mind up if the immunologist I listened to was lying or not.

And the question I asked you earlier was about a delta vaccine. I was certain there was no such thing, but I was unsure what you were saying in your post. Was just asking for clarification.

What article? From where? By who?

Let's see it.

Bdawg
08-12-2021, 06:48 AM
What article? From where? By who?

Let's see it.

Not computer literate so I don't link stuff. But I'll give you the same advice Liverpool gave me. Look it up.

Edit: just asking. Do you believe in natural immunity?

Dawgfan77
08-12-2021, 06:50 AM

Bill this board would be a lot better if you and your fear would just go away.

BeardoMSU
08-12-2021, 06:53 AM
Not computer literate so I don't link stuff. But I'll give you the same advice Liverpool gave me. Look it up.

Edit: just asking. Do you believe in natural immunity?

So by "read an article", do you mean you actually found a peer-reviewed article in a medical/science journal and got this info directly from the source?...or you read some random article that popped up in your Google feed?

basedog
08-12-2021, 07:02 AM
Dang! Is this post gonna go away soon, I thought ED was about Msu sports?

Where are the mods?

To make my post sports talk, I think we are a 5-7 team, improved but so is everyone else! Defense looks ok but may lack depth. Offense, improved but how much is the question? I think we are solid at our special teams.

SteelCurtain74
08-12-2021, 07:18 AM

Where are the mods?

To make my post sports talk, I think we are a 5-7 team, improved but so is everyone else! Defense looks ok but may lack depth. Offense, improved but how much is the question? I think we are solid at our special teams.

So you think we only win one conference game? I think our floor is 6-6 and ceiling is 8-4 this year.

basedog
08-12-2021, 07:25 AM
So you think we only win one conference game? I think our floor is 6-6 and ceiling is 8-4 this year.

I'm thinking we will lose a non conference game, I'm not sure we are last or not in the west but we a for sure close if not. I do think we could win 6 games, I'm not sure again about the overall play making ability. I do think Will Rogers will be much improved, I just hope he can stay healthy.

Bdawg
08-12-2021, 07:40 AM

Where are the mods?

Yeah I'm done now. Some people just can't stand a point of view different from their own. Back to sports

BeardoMSU
08-12-2021, 07:47 AM
Yeah I'm done now. Some people just can't stand a point of view different from their own. Back to sports

Lol. Really? I asked you to provide the source of your point of view so I can read it for myself. You know, to understand where you're coming from by comparing it with what I've read.

If you're going to cut against the grain to that extent, I'd think one would be eager to share such novel insight.

basedog
08-12-2021, 07:49 AM

Good for you and I hope others follow suit! And to add, I really like our DC, and we need play makers, I just can't see the "small game" being successful in the Sec, maybe for Bama because they have so much depth, size, speed and tradition.

Bdawg
08-12-2021, 08:06 AM
Lol. Really? I asked you to provide the source of your point of view so I can read it for myself. You know, to understand where you're coming from by comparing it with what I've read.

If you're going to cut against the grain to that extent, I'd think one would be eager to share such novel insight.

No one wants to answer my questions about natural immunity, either, with sources. Never mind that I've talked to Drs., too. It's cool. It's America everyone free to choose(unless mandated) and decide what's best for themselves. Have a good one. You can have the last word. I won't respond.

Bdawg
08-12-2021, 08:12 AM
Good for you and I hope others follow suit! And to add, I really like our DC, and we need play makers, I just can't see the "small game" being successful in the Sec, maybe for Bama because they have so much depth, size, speed and tradition.

Our DC did a lot with little last year imo given who all played in the back field. What do you mean by "small game"? I like our LBs and I think we are plenty good in the back field. Hope our DL holds up because that's where it counts. But I think we will be fine there too. I think the 3-3-5 is what's necessary to put speed on the field to cover space like these spreads O are doing.

Lord McBuckethead
08-12-2021, 08:18 AM

You know what they call therapeutics that have established scientific evidence of actually working, medicine. Until then, it is essentially a placebo. Cannot be proven to help, just coincidental that some folks get better when taking them. Indistinguishable from the base statistical case. That is why they dismiss them.

basedog
08-12-2021, 08:22 AM
Our DC did a lot with little last year imo given who all played in the back field. What do you mean by "small game"? I like our LBs and I think we are plenty good in the back field. Hope our DL holds up because that's where it counts. But I think we will be fine there too. I think the 3-3-5 is what's necessary to put speed on the field to cover space like these spreads O are doing.

"Small Ball", little dink passes, no speed and open field runners with moves or break away speed. Oh I know we need some, but you gotta run the ball and throw the ball downfield more. We ain't gonna be very good against a 8 man front without stretching the defense and of course knock them off the ball. I think our OL may be be better, but depth again is a question in my mind!

Bdawg
08-12-2021, 08:33 AM
"Small Ball", little dink passes, no speed and open field runners with moves or break away speed. Oh I know we need some, but you gotta run the ball and throw the ball downfield more. We ain't gonna be very good against a 8 man front without stretching the defense and of course knock them off the ball. I think our OL may be be better, but depth again is a question in my mind!

I got you. You were talking defense and I thought you were saying"small game" in reference to our 3-3-5. I think on O Will will be more apt to check to run plays this year to get people out of the drop 8. He should be much more comfortable this year running the O and getting us in the right play.

msstate7
08-12-2021, 09:06 AM
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...cdc-chickenpox

"For the delta variant, the R0 is now calculated at between six and seven," Wenseleers says. So it's two- to three-times as contagious as the original version of SARS-CoV-2 (R0 = 2 to 3) but less contagious than the chickenpox (R0 = 9 to 10).

So why did the CDC say the delta variant was "just as transmissible as" the chickenpox?

For one, the leaked document underestimated the R0 for chickenpox and overestimated the R0 for the delta variant. "The R0 values for delta were preliminary and calculated from data taken from a rather small sample size," a federal official told NPR. The value for the chickenpox (and other R0s in the slideshow) came from a graphic from The New York Times, which wasn't completely accurate.

CDC is using NYT for R0 values? Jeez

MadDawg
08-12-2021, 09:20 AM
I'm going to quote myself. That we are asking about this, that at least one hospital on the coast is about to set up tent field hospitals, that UMMC IS setting up a tent hospital in it's parking garage, that several others are quietly exploring it, that the MSDH has formally appealed for Federal health care workers, SHOULD tell you if you have one ounce of sense that we are in DEEP trouble here. Keep in mind that all of these organizations made it through the winter surge so they have experience with COVID now. If you watch them in their pressers, there is a REALLY different vibe now. Last year it was fear of the unknown. THIS time it is fear of the KNOWN. They are TRUELY scared. It should scare you.

The problem isn't number of rooms. It's staff. We are down 2,000 nurses in this state from this time last year. That is disturbing.

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-12-2021, 09:29 AM
I?m in healthcare. I?m not on front lines by any means, but have some insight. It?s not good right now from their perspective . My boss just gave us a rundown of the situation and the projections of the weeks to come. A lot of nervousness and fear about the coming weeks.

BeardoMSU
08-12-2021, 09:35 AM
I?m in healthcare. I?m not on front lines by any means, but have some insight. It?s not good right now from their perspective . My boss just gave us a rundown of the situation and the projections of the weeks to come. A lot of nervousness and fear about the coming weeks.

That sucks man.

Where are you, btw?

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-12-2021, 09:45 AM
Jackson metro. Like I said, I?m not in the thick of it, thanks to the Lord. But we just had a meeting and info was relayed. They are anticipating a very difficult month ahead. Hopefully projections are wrong.

msstate7
08-12-2021, 09:59 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/9fLrFrMf/DC2-E8-AC2-4514-4-D4-F-B9-B0-401-E2-B1-A1-B4-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/TyWRt2n8)

https://twitter.com/jakecoco/status/1425660734378217472?s=21

Gutter Cobreh
08-12-2021, 10:34 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/9fLrFrMf/DC2-E8-AC2-4514-4-D4-F-B9-B0-401-E2-B1-A1-B4-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/TyWRt2n8)

https://twitter.com/jakecoco/status/1425660734378217472?s=21

Thank you for sharing this! It really helps promote accurate information, as we all know that memes from musicians on social media is the "go to" place for all health related information. I wish I had seen this before getting vaccinated. Had I know that PHDs in Wood Science and/or Parapsychology were questioning the science - I would have taken a closer look...

Dawgfan77
08-12-2021, 10:41 AM
Jackson metro. Like I said, I?m not in the thick of it, thanks to the Lord. But we just had a meeting and info was relayed. They are anticipating a very difficult month ahead. Hopefully projections are wrong.

It should be interesting. Following India and EU models with the variant puts us at around the half way mark of where they were. Should we follow the same model we should start seeing cases go down in the next two weeks. Not saying I'm right or wrong just looking at how fast Delta has moved through other countries.

msstate7
08-12-2021, 10:41 AM
Thank you for sharing this! It really helps promote accurate information, as we all know that memes from musicians on social media is the "go to" place for all health related information. I wish I had seen this before getting vaccinated. Had I know that PHDs in Wood Science and/or Parapsychology were questioning the science - I would have taken a closer look...

https://i.postimg.cc/2jgJKYYb/82-CFFAD0-26-BC-4-F12-BBFE-2-F312-AE972-E2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/NL7pKW5B)

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-12-2021, 10:43 AM

Where are the mods?

Do any of those losses include Covid forfeits? You know it's coming. If MSU was serious, why we would even consider a normal dawg walk is beyond me with the concern of the variants.

msstate7
08-12-2021, 10:46 AM
If you're getting vaccine, looks like moderna is the way to go...

Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine just 42% effective against infection amid delta spread, preprint suggests
https://www.foxnews.com/health/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-42-infection-delta-preprint

ScoobaDawg
08-12-2021, 10:48 AM

Where are the mods?

I'm watching it closely... look my options are ban everyone talking about covid (which I'm not gonnna do) and delete the thread. Or let them be. If i just delete / lock the thread.. there will be another one tomorrow.
Just pass on the thread if you don't wish to read it please.

ScoobaDawg
08-12-2021, 10:50 AM
If you're getting vaccine, looks like moderna is the way to go...

Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine just 42% effective against infection amid delta spread, preprint suggests
https://www.foxnews.com/health/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-42-infection-delta-preprint

An alarming stat but not peer reviewed. but who needs facts when linking to foxnews.

msstate7
08-12-2021, 11:04 AM
An alarming stat but not peer reviewed. but who needs facts when linking to foxnews.

From the article...

Researchers at the Mayo Clinic and Cambridge-based biotech company nference posted the retrospective study in medrxiv this week, drawing from tens of thousands PCR tests conducted at the Mayo Clinic and affiliated hospitals across nearly half a dozen states.

I looked over the article, and found Mayo Clinic reputable. You disagree?

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2021, 11:06 AM
Bill this board would be a lot better if you and your fear would just go away.

LOL, If you only knew......

SteelCurtain74
08-12-2021, 11:08 AM
Question about the booster from Pfizer: Since the original shot has shown an efficacy of around 6 months according to Pfizer, will this booster supply the same length of protection? Is the booster, in layman's terms, made of the same material as the original shot or has it been reformulated to provide protection longer?

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2021, 11:10 AM

We ALL need to pray that they are wrong. The people who have to look at the trends are getting scared, really scared. This is showing no sign of even leveling off.

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2021, 11:11 AM
It should be interesting. Following India and EU models with the variant puts us at around the half way mark of where they were. Should we follow the same model we should start seeing cases go down in the next two weeks. Not saying I'm right or wrong just looking at how fast Delta has moved through other countries.

I hope to god you are right.

msstate7
08-12-2021, 11:13 AM
BTW, the fading of phizer sorta makes sense now when you look at Israel's numbers

ETA... I got phizer, and I tested positive last week. Didn't get sick though... mild fever and sore throat

Gutter Cobreh
08-12-2021, 11:13 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/2jgJKYYb/82-CFFAD0-26-BC-4-F12-BBFE-2-F312-AE972-E2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/NL7pKW5B)

Nice one. Way to divert from the fact you were posting a musician's meme...

From the article...

Researchers at the Mayo Clinic and Cambridge-based biotech company nference posted the retrospective study in medrxiv this week, drawing from tens of thousands PCR tests conducted at the Mayo Clinic and affiliated hospitals across nearly half a dozen states.

Depends on when Mayo's next album drops...

How am I supposed to understand what news to believe when I have to cross reference musician thoughts with a news organization? How do you find a way to get them all to align?

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2021, 11:19 AM
From the article...

There are others that show them about the same. The Pfizer is evidently the one most people in Mississippi got. I saw one of the MSHD people mention that. In my family where I know what they got they were all Pfizer (7 or so) except me. I got my first one the first week in January so that may be why. The rest were a few weeks behind me. The point is the Mississippi numbers are showing 97% unvaccinated since DELTA became the main version here. They both remain equally effective against hospitalization.

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2021, 11:21 AM
BTW, the fading of phizer sorta makes sense now when you look at Israel's numbers

ETA... I got phizer, and I tested positive last week. Didn't get sick though... mild fever and sore throat

Look deeper at Israel's numbers. Don't just read the headlines. They are doing pretty well and their numbers are about what you would expect to see. They are even better than that here so far.

msstate7
08-12-2021, 11:30 AM
Look deeper at Israel's numbers. Don't just read the headlines. They are doing pretty well and their numbers are about what you would expect to see. They are even better than that here so far.

Just looking at numbers, and then starting booster shot

[url=https://postimg.cc/WtJpvcbp]https://i.postimg.cc/MZ9n1zCB/0-F91-BA3-C-E553-4-FE8-B608-B43-D6076-B1-E3.jpg

msstate7
08-12-2021, 11:35 AM
Nice one. Way to divert from the fact you were posting a musician's meme...

Depends on when Mayo's next album drops...

How am I supposed to understand what news to believe when I have to cross reference musician thoughts with a news organization? How do you find a way to get them all to align?

Here's the source for the tweet...

CORONAVIRUSStudy Finds Most Highly Educated Americans Are Also the Most Vaccine Hesitant
https://summit.news/2021/08/11/study-finds-most-highly-educated-americans-are-also-the-most-vaccine-hesitant/

Study by Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh

Maverick91
08-12-2021, 11:50 AM

can you give any type of specifics? praying for you guys!

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2021, 11:55 AM
Question about the booster from Pfizer: Since the original shot has shown an efficacy of around 6 months according to Pfizer, will this booster supply the same length of protection? Is the booster, in layman's terms, made of the same material as the original shot or has it been reformulated to provide protection longer?

It has not been reformulated yet. The jury is still out on that six month thing too. Other studies show longer. The boosters approved so far are for a very specific set of people who are significantly immunity suppressed. Organ transplant patients for example. I saw something out of Miami Jackson hospital earlier this week. They were treating close to 400 COVID patients. A little short of 40 are vaccinated and 24 of those were organ transplant patients.

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2021, 11:57 AM
can you give any type of specifics? praying for you guys!

You can do it yourself. Dobbs has said that something like 7-8% of cases here wind up in the hospital and around 15% of those wind up in the ICU.

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2021, 12:01 PM

CORONAVIRUSStudy Finds Most Highly Educated Americans Are Also the Most Vaccine Hesitant
https://summit.news/2021/08/11/study-finds-most-highly-educated-americans-are-also-the-most-vaccine-hesitant/

A PHD in English and the like has no more real idea about this than most high school students. Their science education stops at biology 101. Also, think back on some of the PHDs you knew. That study is hardly surprising. Meanwhile 95% of MDs have taken it.

msstate7
08-12-2021, 12:09 PM
A PHD in English and the like has no more real idea about this than most high school students. Their science education stops at biology 101. Also, think back on some of the PHDs you knew. That study is hardly surprising. Meanwhile 95% of MDs have taken it.

I'd like this breakdown of what Ph.D.'s were refusing it. Where you getting it?

basedog
08-12-2021, 12:23 PM
I'm watching it closely... look my options are ban everyone talking about covid (which I'm not gonnna do) and delete the thread. Or let them be. If i just delete / lock the thread.. there will be another one tomorrow.

Well ok but when you get Liver and 7 going on a debate, it might last for days or weeks*** I wish it was jeopardy and the final question would have a short answer and winner takes all!!

The debate want be known till a few years down the road, I'm gonna stay in my lane except when we talk sports and I know way more than either as I did Coach, LOL!

Commercecomet24
08-12-2021, 12:24 PM

So you're saying covid threads are spreading as fast as covid now? lol

Gutter Cobreh
08-12-2021, 12:24 PM

Thank you for the source. In looking deeper at the information (https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.20.21260795v1.full.pdf); it was derived using an online survey.

Volunteer online surveys do not produce valid results. (https://www.pewresearch.org/2010/12/29/how-accurate-are-online-polls/)

Here is an instance where the source would appear to be reputable, but when digging deeper - the means in which the results were derived make it worthless.

basedog
08-12-2021, 12:26 PM

Rep given! +1

Gutter Cobreh
08-12-2021, 12:26 PM

Good one! ��

Gutter Cobreh
08-12-2021, 12:29 PM

Quick google search:
https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

Sample size was only 300. Would like to see more responses and means on how they were derived.

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2021-06/physician-vaccination-study-topline-report.pdf

SheltonChoked
08-12-2021, 12:45 PM

First all of that is bullshit and why I I'm having to show ID to get horse wormer....

Second, you know "BIG PHARMA" makes Ivemetrin and Hyroxyclorquinine too, right? Since they are Pharmaceuticals....

But know this, based on the R0 Of Delta, you will get Covid.

If you are Vaccinated, you give your body a 2 week head start in fighting the virus. If not, well maybe the hospitals will be empty enough so you won't be in the UMC parking garage.

BeardoMSU
08-12-2021, 12:46 PM

Also to be fair, the number of people I know in academia, from R1's, to Vet schools, to small colleges like mine, this study certainly makes me dubious to its accuracy, because my experience/observation has been the opposite.

SheltonChoked
08-12-2021, 12:48 PM

Previous infection with Covid will not protect you from Delta.

Vaccination will. Especially with the Moderna and Pfizer. CITE: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210810/Both-mRNA-vaccines-protect-against-symptomatic-disease-with-SARS-CoV-2-Delta-variant.aspx

SheltonChoked
08-12-2021, 12:55 PM
This is not supported by the data yet. Might end up being true, but the data is equivocal at this point.

Yes it is..

Cite for Mrna VAx being 88-90% effective vs delta https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210810/Both-mRNA-vaccines-protect-against-symptomatic-disease-with-SARS-CoV-2-Delta-variant.aspx

Cite for previous infection not being effective vs Delta https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/natural-immunity-vaccine-delta-variant
Cite 2 https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-18-latest-data-immune-response-covid-19-reinforces-need-vaccination-says-oxford-led
Cite 3 https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/

SheltonChoked
08-12-2021, 01:01 PM

And if you go to the ER with a broken wrist from falling off a ladder and they find a heart condition, they treat the heart condition, too. They don't just splint it up and let you go.

I'm not sure you understand how healthcare works....

SheltonChoked
08-12-2021, 01:04 PM

Because y'all are 17'ing this up for everyone else.

Delta (and other variants) were formed due to COVID spreading in unvaccinated populations.

And it's senseless to see people dying, when there is an easy and free way to prevent it.

And some of us have kids under 12 than we kinda like and don't want to see die from a preventable disease.

Do the rest of us a favor and sign a DNR/Do not treat to make sure when you get it, you don't take up a bed.

R2Dawg
08-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Because y'all are 17'ing this up for everyone else.

Delta (and other variants) were formed due to COVID spreading in unvaccinated populations.

And it's senseless to see people dying, when there is an easy and free way to prevent it.

And some of us have kids under 12 than we kinda like and don't want to see die from a preventable disease.

Do the rest of us a favor and sign a DNR/Do not treat to make sure when you get it, you don't take up a bed.

Help me here. What I've yet to understand, if you are protected by the shot you so believe in, what are you worried about? You will not get sick or need a hospital.

Fact is it is mostly the sick vaccinated that are spreading this. They think they are protected and are not. Israel study showed that natural immunity was 7X more effective than any vaccine. Millions of people don't need a vac, some vulnerable people do but not everyone. If you have natural immunity or have vac, what are you worried about?

I have my protection, I just don't understand the thinking? Please enlighten me.

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-12-2021, 01:36 PM
Projections are based off of the percentages of hospitalizations and ICU admits to previous weeks. They are looking at the rising cases and applying that percentage to what they will have. If it holds, the national guard pop up hospitals will likely be used.

Percho
08-12-2021, 01:43 PM

Thank you.

IMHO it is best to let them air it all out. It is what should be allowed on all media. We as Americans are in a terrible place in the history of this country since before July 4 1776.

Lord McBuckethead
08-12-2021, 02:05 PM
Help me here. What I've yet to understand, if you are protected by the shot you so believe in, what are you worried about? You will not get sick or need a hospital.

Fact is it is mostly the sick vaccinated that are spreading this. They think they are protected and are not. Israel study showed that natural immunity was 7X more effective than any vaccine. Millions of people don't need a vac, some vulnerable people do but not everyone. If you have natural immunity or have vac, what are you worried about?

I have my protection, I just don't understand the thinking? Please enlighten me.

As simple as I can put it.
He has kids, his neighbors has kids, and he has friends that have kids that are not allowed to take the vaccine. They have no protection and no option for coverage by a vaccine at this time.
2nd, The vaccinated are not spreading this more than unvaccinated people. Anything stated otherwise is literally impossible to determine.

Just because someone has the vaccine does not mean they cannot still get sick from a variant or the original. It means they will have some immune response ready to go, but they can and will contract it if they come in contact with the virus at an efficacy rate around 80-95%, which is way, way, way better than 0% for no vaccine.

Lord McBuckethead
08-12-2021, 02:13 PM
The virus, as with all viruses, spreads more quickly through unvaccinated populations. It seems like it is working through the vaccinated right now, because that is the hot button media darling at the moment.
When you look at the overall numbers of just the actively infected, it is 87% to 13%. 87% being unvaccinated people. The overall percentage of those being hospitalized are vastly different as well. Unvaccinated being the big percentage of cases versus hospitalization. Deaths too.

Perception in the media right now is all about vaccinated people coming down with Delta, but when you look at the number objectively (like Ole Miss) reality does not meet that perception.

When you have an area like that county in Mass or Isreal, with high high percentages of vaccinated people, the numbers look dire because everyone there that could get it is probably vaccinated. If you look at the percentage of that area, versus Florida and now Mississippi, it is spreading much faster and is more deadly.

So, simple answer. Get the vaccination. WAsh your hands. Socially distance when you can. Refrain from staying indoors for long periods of time with a bunch of other people. Keep your circle small.

Lord McBuckethead
08-12-2021, 02:34 PM
Alright. Mississippi Facts coming up.

https://mississippitoday.org/2021/08/03/mississippi-covid-deaths-unvaccinated/

1 in 65 covid deaths in Mississippi this year was from Vaccinated people.
Now I will be first to admit, this number is not the end all discussion because the vaccine was not available starting Jan 1.
But still, that is a clear indication, even if it were only 1 in 30 from March-July 22

Hot Rock
08-12-2021, 02:42 PM
Alright. Mississippi Facts coming up.

https://mississippitoday.org/2021/08/03/mississippi-covid-deaths-unvaccinated/

1 in 65 covid deaths in Mississippi this year was from Vaccinated people.
Now I will be first to admit, this number is not the end all discussion because the vaccine was not available starting Jan 1.
But still, that is a clear indication, even if it were only 1 in 30 from March-July 22

You need age data too. I am under the impression that very few if any under 65 have died that had been fully vaccinated. The vaccine only works to trigger your immune system, if yours sucks, it's not going to work. So, the elderly and the very young will be in the most danger.

BB30
08-12-2021, 02:49 PM
Your Mets gonna bounce back or they done?

I'm an indians/guardians fan bub. Your braves going to find a way to win a world series this year?

msstate7
08-12-2021, 02:51 PM
I'm an indians/guardians fan bub. Your braves going to find a way to win a world series this year?

Who am I confusing you with?

No, we aren't gonna win a WS this year with no acuna. We gonna win our division though, so that will get me to football.

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-12-2021, 02:51 PM
The majority of hospitalized in Jackson area are under 50 right now.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-12-2021, 03:06 PM
The majority of hospitalized in Jackson area are under 50 right now.

What percentage are obese?

BB30
08-12-2021, 03:13 PM

Took me two seconds to find a professor at Johns Hopkins that disagrees with you. My point isn't that your sources are wrong simply that we can all find facts to fit a narrative.
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/why-covid-19-vaccines-should-not-be-required-for-all-americans

I could probably find doctors at all of the institutions that you listed that would disagree with your assertion. So I guess my question is are all of these people stating natural immunity is as good or better than the vaccine complete dumb a**es? If so shouldn't they lose their license etc? I mean can we really have this many doctors from reputable schools working at reputable institutions putting out so much false information? That is a serious question for you.

Again, I am pro vax 100%, I just believe we should at least be able to have discussions about the efficacy of something that was created in what? 11 months. Why can't we just have a conversation about it.

I don't see people arguing over if we should ban big macs or not because heart disease kills almost 400 people a day. Eh I guess it is just their choice to be fat and out of shape to the point that their heart stops, that is on them right? If we are truly worried about saving lives why isn't the government pushing better health IE eating better, vitamin intake etc. along with getting the vaccine? Hell cigarettes kill 1300 people a day, we have warnings that tobacco is bad for you but we don't mandate that you don't use it. Why is that?

alcohol related accidents kill close to 270 people a day, are those lives lost not important enough to mandate a ban on alcohol? That doesn't include all of the irreparable damage done to families that don't involve a death.

I would just like to see some consistency in policy. We are either worried about saving lives or we aren't.

You can say your comment about what aboutisms bs or whatever but if your argument is we need to do this because it will save lives then I would simply like an explanation from you as to why these other lives aren't important enough to insert mandates etc. Surely it isn't because we just have to live with the fact that some people make stupid decisions and it costs them their lives and others.

For alcohol, why not mandate that a 150$ breathalizer needs to be attached to every vehicle sold in order for it to start. I am sure that would save some lives and provide little inconvenience to those that don't drink and drive.

BB30
08-12-2021, 03:18 PM
Who am I confusing you with?

No, we aren't gonna win a WS this year with no acuna. We gonna win our division though, so that will get me to football.

Ha now, my fandom is open to the right team. I am pretty pissed about the name change. Not that they changed it so much as they could have picked something that represented that area of the country a little better. The new name is just too generic for me.

I lived in Ohio from 5th-8th grade before moving back to Mississippi. We were only about 40 minutes from Cleveland so I picked up all of their pro sports teams unfortunately. I had a poor draw when it came to teams I pull for. Nothing worse than being a Mississippi State fan and a Cleveland sports fan. Indians have had some decent years and cavs had a little run but the Browns have been disappointing, although they have looked a little better the last couple of years. Football season is rough on me as a fan need less to say haha.

SheltonChoked
08-12-2021, 03:30 PM
There are others that show them about the same. The Pfizer is evidently the one most people in Mississippi got. I saw one of the MSHD people mention that. In my family where I know what they got they were all Pfizer (7 or so) except me. I got my first one the first week in January so that may be why. The rest were a few weeks behind me. The point is the Mississippi numbers are showing 97% unvaccinated since DELTA became the main version here. They both remain equally effective against hospitalization.

The NEJM Study (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891?query=recirc_mostViewed_railB_articl e) says
CONCLUSIONS
Only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the delta variant as compared with the alpha variant after the receipt of two vaccine doses. Absolute differences in vaccine effectiveness were more marked after the receipt of the first dose. This finding would support efforts to maximize vaccine uptake with two doses among vulnerable populations. (Funded by Public Health England.)

SheltonChoked
08-12-2021, 03:47 PM

You understand that kids under 12 cannot get vaccinated? And that I have a kid under 12 that is at risk?

And I need a cite for "sick vaccinated" spreading this. Just by the hospitalization numbers that is completely illogical. 90-97% of everyone hospitalized is unvaccinated. logic dictates that ratio exists outside the hospital.

And here are 4 cites that vaccination is better than natural immunity and that natural immunity from anything but Delta, doesn't work for Delta. https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/natural-immunity-vaccine-delta-variant. https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34103407/. https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

The R0 of the Delta Variant means we need 90% of the population vaccinated, and we have 30% that say they never will. Which will kill millions.

RougeDawg
08-12-2021, 03:50 PM

When you take a break from reading your propaganda, please go look up a study or two about these shots. But dont bother searching for any of the animals they tested them on. They have just about all caught permanent dirt naps. Hence why these things never have been approved and still aren?t approved.

Real science. Not pseudoscience.

ScoobaDawg
08-12-2021, 03:54 PM
What percentage are obese?

Check your PM....