PDA

View Full Version : Got to love Arnett?s analysis of Day 2 practice

CaptainObvious
08-07-2021, 10:28 PM
?I hope we are as good as we think we are.?

He was like, dudes! We haven?t even padded up. Let?s see how they look when they start hitting each other.

BuckyIsAB****
08-08-2021, 10:28 AM
We won 2 or 3 more games in the offseason when we kept him. He is going to be one of the best. He is still learning and that is scary.

He is also a cool dude to sit and talk to. Moorhead got a lot of credit for that so should he

Dawgology
08-08-2021, 02:54 PM
We won 2 or 3 more games in the offseason when we kept him. He is going to be one of the best. He is still learning and that is scary.

He is also a cool dude to sit and talk to. Moorhead got a lot of credit for that so should he

I want him as our head coach when Leach retires one day

Captain Falcon
08-08-2021, 03:21 PM
Arnett would be a terrible hype man but he?s a very good football coach. What he did last year with a very undermanned group was impressive. I could see us having one of the better defenses in the league this year if we stay healthy.

Fader21
08-08-2021, 03:24 PM
Got to talk to Coach Arnett for about 5 mins. Very down to earth guy. I hope he sticks around for a while.

TheLostDawg
08-08-2021, 04:42 PM
Got to talk to Coach Arnett for about 5 mins. Very down to earth guy. I hope he sticks around for a while.

It'll all come down to money. We have to get him to sign early and give him more than others would offer. Sick and tired of coaches leaving for Alabama and others. I understand it but we have to act instead of react to keep these guys and do our best to stop those other teams from thinking about poaching.

Cowbell
08-08-2021, 05:19 PM
The quote of the whole interview is where he says we have the best street coach in the country. That's a game changer. Joe needs to take notes

RiverCityDawg
08-08-2021, 05:34 PM
It'll all come down to money. We have to get him to sign early and give him more than others would offer. Sick and tired of coaches leaving for Alabama and others. I understand it but we have to act instead of react to keep these guys and do our best to stop those other teams from thinking about poaching.

Disagree. It will be because he has a chance to move to a higher profile location that more easily attracts better talent that lets him continue to move up the ladder. Like Mullen.

Fader21
08-08-2021, 05:42 PM
I am not an insider but I'm sure LSU probably offered him their DC position. I know they courted him pretty heavily

TheLostDawg
08-08-2021, 06:55 PM
Disagree. It will be because he has a chance to move to a higher profile location that more easily attracts better talent that lets him continue to move up the ladder. Like Mullen.

I agree but we have to make those teams think twice because for example the buy out is high, which will discourage teams that would be a lateral move or close to it, to make an offer.
Cohen did a good job this year of getting those guys to sign before the season was up. We can't get Mullened again (let then job search while the offer sits on the desk; instead have a great offer with a deadline that lowers after so long).
Basically we have to be active and creative and pay these coaches, which we have been doing a better job of lately.

99jc
08-08-2021, 08:11 PM
here's the after practice interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpSlAT771a8

BuckyIsAB****
08-08-2021, 09:07 PM
I want him as our head coach when Leach retires one day

I would like to see who else is available before I go that far. But he is a star no doubt

Jarius
08-08-2021, 09:28 PM
here's the after practice interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpSlAT771a8

Arnett looks like he likes the food in Mississippi.

Cowbell
08-08-2021, 10:14 PM
Arnett looks like he likes the food in Mississippi.

It's the m over s 15

TaleofTwoDogs
08-08-2021, 10:17 PM

^^^THIS^^^ It's not always about the money, although that is a big motivator, the assistants want to move up the ladder and they know the money will follow.

Jack Lambert
08-09-2021, 01:21 PM
I might be way off base but I view his defense as the triple option of defense. Offenses don't see it week in and week out and it can confused the hell out of offenses and QB's.

TheLostDawg
08-09-2021, 02:10 PM
^^^THIS^^^ It's not always about the money, although that is a big motivator, the assistants want to move up the ladder and they know the money will follow.

Y'all talk like we've never lost an assistant to a team in our same tier.
To avoid this, as mentioned above, we have to "discourage teams that would be a lateral move or close to it" from making an offer. I'm sure other schools will still do it but we have to make it hard for our staff to say yes to another place. Having a rotating door on staff hurts not only coaching the players and building relationships but recruiting.

TheLostDawg
08-10-2021, 09:39 AM
And everything I'm hearing about our S&C they better be giving Brown a big reason to stay before other places come calling because we've all seen what happens when we lack in this area.

TrapGame
08-10-2021, 09:53 AM
I might be way off base but I view his defense as the triple option of defense. Offenses don't see it week in and week out and it can confused the hell out of offenses and QB's.

This exactly. Hard to prepare for in one week.

And everything I'm hearing about our S&C they better be giving Brown a big reason to stay before other places come calling because we've all seen what happens when we lack in this area.

I've heard this dude is being called Bayless 2.0.

DownwardDawg
08-10-2021, 01:03 PM
It has a lot to do with living in Mississippi vs most other states unfortunately. I forgot just how different it is until I traveled all over this year. It's shocking how far we are still behind.

DownwardDawg
08-10-2021, 01:04 PM

Absolutely!!! I think that's what hurt Moorehead the most. His team was soft.

TrapGame
08-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Absolutely!!! I think that's what hurt Moorehead the most. His team was soft.

Moorhead was soft.

Dawg496
08-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Can?t get more head if you?re too soft.

MrCoachKlein
08-10-2021, 02:18 PM
It has a lot to do with living in Mississippi vs most other states unfortunately. I forgot just how different it is until I traveled all over this year. It's shocking how far we are still behind.

Really? I travel a lot for work and always think the opposite. Could be because my last 10 trips have been to San Fran area.....

Reason2succeed
08-10-2021, 10:47 PM
1) Coaches have agents who won?t let their clients sign contracts that will stop their mobility.

2) Cohen & Co wouldn?t be doing their jobs if they just threw away money overpaying for coaches. We can?t overpay everyone and expect to balance the budget.

Since I?m not in the room I trust that our staff is doing their best to pay our coaches competitively. As others stated sometimes it?s not about the money. People want to advance in their career as well.

CaptainObvious
08-10-2021, 11:52 PM

Behind in what? And who are we behind? And please be specific. Give examples.