PDA

View Full Version : Why does Jackson sports talk radio allow that Alabama fan producer

Jarius
08-05-2021, 12:10 PM
“Beav” or whatever his name Is on the air for 5 hours a day? He constantly talks down on State and OM and is an extremely arrogant/ignorant sidewalk Alabama fan. Why do we have to Put up with that in the State capitol? Just today he literally laughed and basically called Someone an idiot for suggesting that if things fell right that State could win 8 games this year. If anyone from our state was on Alabama sports radio and talked about their programs the way that clown talks about the athletic programs in our State they would be fired on the spot. I love Jake Wimberly and have always tried to support him And his Show since he is a State guy but I just can’t listen to that jackass producer of his any more.

MaroonFlounder
08-05-2021, 12:22 PM
I think Beaver was originally a rock radio sidekick/producer and was just kinda paired up with the sports radio talk guys when the music side changed formats. He's just wingin' it.

Jarius
08-05-2021, 12:24 PM
I think Beaver was originally a rock radio sidekick/producer and was just kinda paired up with the sports radio talk guys when the music side changed formats. He's just wingin' it.

He is awful.

Lord McBuckethead
08-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Well no one in Alabama would do that, because I would imagine that MSU or UM fans that live in Alabama probably numbers in the less than 0.5% of the overall college football fan population. Where as I would also guess Mississippi is easily around 20% for Alabama. Add that to the fact that both Auburn and Alabama have a better overall track record than MSU or UM does in football, and that also buys them more leeway.

StarkVegasSteve
08-05-2021, 12:58 PM
Sports talk radio, and radio in general, is going the way of newspapers. The quality is bad because they can't get anyone and with Mississippi having no pro sports it'll be the last market most want to go to unless they live here or they're trying to get their foot in the door. With the rise of Spotify and Apple Music for music and podcasts most people I know don't even turn on the radio anymore. I still have satellite radio for ballgames and to listen to ESPNU radio once in a blue moon, but I can't tell you the last time I turned on an AM/FM station other than by accident. Folks like Bo Bounds will be ok because they were ahead of the curve putting their stuff out on their app as well as Spotify, Youtube, etc.

Jarius
08-05-2021, 01:00 PM
Well no one in Alabama would do that, because I would imagine that MSU or UM fans that live in Alabama probably numbers in the less than 0.5% of the overall college football fan population. Where as I would also guess Mississippi is easily around 20% for Alabama. Add that to the fact that both Auburn and Alabama have a better overall track record than MSU or UM does in football, and that also buys them more leeway.

There is a 3 hour television show with nothing but Alabama and Auburn on it every day. 80 % of the radio audience in this state should not be subjected to a less intelligent Paul Finebaum every day for 5 hours. Anyone who doesn’t think a best case scenario for State this year could get to 8 wins should not be allowed on the radio. Same with Ole Miss. We deserve better content than that on the main station in Jackson.

Jack Lambert
08-05-2021, 01:41 PM

Johnson85
08-05-2021, 01:47 PM
Sports talk radio, and radio in general, is going the way of newspapers.

I think this is right. It will be the podcast or other on demand format that is important. It will still be on the radio and other live streaming, and that will be important for shows with call in segments, but most people will listen to what they want to listen to when it's convenient rather than being stuck with whatever options while they happen to be in the car, or carving time out of their day to listen to something live.

viverlibre
08-05-2021, 10:32 PM
I think this is right. It will be the podcast or other on demand format that is important. It will still be on the radio and other live streaming, and that will be important for shows with call in segments, but most people will listen to what they want to listen to when it's convenient rather than being stuck with whatever options while they happen to be in the car, or carving time out of their day to listen to something live.

The crew from the WJOX Roundtable quit the radio game are going live streaming on 16 Aug. This is the future.

viverlibre
08-05-2021, 10:39 PM
Just think how Ole Miss fans must feel. 3 of the 4 hosts are MSU Alums, with Wyatt being 100% MSU all the time. Brooks, the lone Ole Miss fan, seems to have less interest in Ole Miss than I do. I have no problem with Beav, he's in a tough spot, producing, screening calls, etc., and then has to provide content when called upon, even though he probably has several balls in the air at the same time. I'm sure he doesn't have much time to think through his response, he just reacts.

FriarsPoint
08-06-2021, 02:22 AM

That is a classic

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-06-2021, 06:52 AM
Just think how Ole Miss fans must feel. 3 of the 4 hosts are MSU Alums, with Wyatt being 100% MSU all the time. Brooks, the loan Ole Miss fan, seems to have less interest in Ole Miss than I do. I have no problem with Beav, he's in a tough spot, producing, screening calls, etc., and then has to provide content when called upon, even though he probably has several balls in the air at the same time. I'm sure he doesn't have much time to think through his response, he just reacts.

And Brooks isn't even an alumni, correct?

Beaver has shit on every act Brandon Amphitheater has brought in but fawned all over Everclear at Ameristar. That tells you all you need to know right there.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-06-2021, 06:57 AM
Why do we have to Put up with that in the State capitol?

So is he broadcasting from inside the Capitol building in downtown Jackson? Or are you saying that the folks in the Capitol building (Senators and Representatives) should pass legislation to take him off the air? Your statement confuses me.

MoreCowbell
08-06-2021, 08:22 AM

What does the last one say?

Jarius
08-06-2021, 08:44 AM
Just think how Ole Miss fans must feel. 3 of the 4 hosts are MSU Alums, with Wyatt being 100% MSU all the time. Brooks, the loan Ole Miss fan, seems to have less interest in Ole Miss than I do. I have no problem with Beav, he's in a tough spot, producing, screening calls, etc., and then has to provide content when called upon, even though he probably has several balls in the air at the same time. I'm sure he doesn't have much time to think through his response, he just reacts.

Ole Miss has Dick Cross on statewide radio for 3 hours a day. They are fine.

Jarius
08-06-2021, 08:45 AM
So is he broadcasting from inside the Capitol building in downtown Jackson? Or are you saying that the folks in the Capitol building (Senators and Representatives) should pass legislation to take him off the air? Your statement confuses me.

Sorry for the spelling error. I don’t like the fact that we have a sidewalk Alabama fan on the air at a sports station based out of Jackson, MS. I hope that clears it up.