PDA

View Full Version : Just looking at our top recruits

Maverick91
08-05-2021, 08:40 AM
Who is going to have the best year this year?

- Sawyer Robertson - I am putting him last on my list. I am hoping, praying that Will is lights out and we can redshirt this cat.

- Antonio Harmon - I hope there is a chance that he can redshirt as well, I might be misinformed but, I feel like we are really deep at receiver. Add in his recruitment issues, I think he will do very well with a redshirt year.

- Ke'Travion Hargrove - Its going to be hard to break into that two deep rotation with our top two backs. I think he gets some snaps this year, but, nothing of major note.

-Teddy Knox - I think he shows some promise later in the year after he is given time to really take in the offense. I could be wrong on him, but, I think he serves well this year.

- John Lewis - I think he makes the biggest splash this year as a freshman. We are good at linebacker but, I don't think we are extremely deep there and he plays very well throughout the year.

Thoughts?

StarkVegasSteve
08-05-2021, 09:05 AM
John Lewis is the obvious candidate because I think he breaks into the LB rotation pretty early in the season. I think Harmon actually has a better chance than Knox of contributing this year. We don't have much size at the outside receivers and he's a big body who can run. Hargrove and Robertson will out of all likelihood RS.

Hot Rock
08-05-2021, 10:15 AM
It's hard for me to say anyone on the OL or DL will be good year one. Unless you are a five star it's highly unlikely you can come straight out of HS and make an impact at position where power plays such a big part. A few can like Jones or Simmons. I do like the group we got but I figure it will take at least a year or even two of development for most if not all of them to get in the rotation.

On offense, almost everyone that were impact players were freshman last year so they will all be back and another year bigger and stronger. I see Hargrove's speed as a difference maker and he could end up being an early impact player with limited plays. I don't see any other HS making a huge impact this year on offense. Those WR's may take a little longer because playing WR in this offense must be done precisely or it messes up the spacing.

On defense the only HS I see is John Lewis as the Obvious choice.

But... those transfers.. I think you will see four of them having a huge impact this year. Jamire Calvin and Makai Polk will be two of the top 8 WR's and Randy Charlton & Jalen Green will be in the two deep and making plays on defense.

No one that I know thinks that Jack Abraham is beating out Will Rogers but the dude is really nice safety net to have on the roster. He has proven he can play at the college level.

I think this staff really got some nice players out of the transfer portal. The only guy I don't see making an impact is Jack Abraham and he is mostly likely the #1 backup to the most important position on a team. I know Sawyer and Greek may both be really good some day but neither have seen a down of D1 ball.

They did a heck of a job in the portal this year. I hope they don't have to do that every year but they sure filled some holes this year.

Captain Falcon
08-05-2021, 01:59 PM
John Lewis is the obvious candidate because I think he breaks into the LB rotation pretty early in the season. I think Harmon actually has a better chance than Knox of contributing this year. We don't have much size at the outside receivers and he's a big body who can run. Hargrove and Robertson will out of all likelihood RS.

I think I am with you on Lewis and Harmon. I maybe would have said Jacobi Moore if not for his eligibility issues, seems more and more likely he will probably be an academic redshirt.