PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't look like Dak will play tomorrow

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Apparently, he has been in a sling all week and hasn't practiced. The insiders are saying they are pretty certain he won't play.

Not sure how we will move the ball at all tomorrow night. Tyler will have to play the game of this life tomorrow night and empty the concrete out of his shoes for us to score 20 points.

starkvegasdawg
11-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Not sure how we will move the ball at all tomorrow night. Tyler will have to play the game of this life tomorrow night and empty the concrete out of his shoes for us to score 20 points.

He'll have to do that for us to have an opportunity to kick a FG. I don't think we even sniff 20 if TR plays the entire game.

Madkinmecrazy
11-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Apparently, he has been in a cast all week and hasn't practiced. The insiders are saying they are pretty certain he won't play.

Tyler will have to play the game of this life tomorrow night and empty the concrete out of his shoes for us to score 3 points.

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Apparently, he has been in a cast all week and hasn't practiced. The insiders are saying they are pretty certain he won't play.

There is no way TR will finish this game. I sure as hell hope Dak is ok, if he is legitimately in a cast, that is not a good sign.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Just being held out for our winnable games.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 10:18 AM
There is no way TR will finish this game. I sure as hell hope Dak is ok, if he is legitimately in a cast, that is not a good sign.

I meant to say sling, not cast

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Just being held out for our winnable games.

I hope not, or Dan would lose the team. Would be absolutely the wrong move if Dak was 95-100%

BogeyGolfer
11-15-2013, 10:25 AM
If he is questionable, go with Tyler and get Dakota healthy for UPIG and Mississippi. I will admit that I do dread seeing the slow moving offense and up the middle with Perkins offense again but does it really matter? It may be 45 13 instead of 35-21 with Dak....

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 10:30 AM
If he is questionable, go with Tyler and get Dakota healthy for UPIG and Mississippi. I will admit that I do dread seeing the slow moving offense and up the middle with Perkins offense again but does it really matter? It may be 45 13 instead of 35-21 with Dak....

It doesn't make a difference in whether we win or lose, but it could make a huge difference in the perception that the 200 recruits (literally) in attendance have on our program. I desperately wanted to compete and show a pulse in this game to take advantage of all the recruits being in attendance.

Scoring 17-20 points with Dak would've gone a long way in doing, but scoring 3-6 with Tyler will make our program look completely inept.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2013, 10:30 AM

I think the WR are getting better at running routs and getting open. That might help him some but he is still going to get hit a lot.

cheewgumm
11-15-2013, 10:31 AM
I wonder if this means Williams gets a little time too? By design, not force.

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Maybe CDM is pulling a Bo Whitley from the Pineapple bowl. Not sure how many people will get that reference, but Im sticking with it.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 10:34 AM
I think the WR are getting better at running routs and getting open. That might help him some but he is still going to get hit a lot.

This will help for sure, but we can't run the ball with Tyler and he can't extend a play. You just have no chance against Bama if you can't do either of those things. NONE

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2013, 10:34 AM

I don't see how TR survives the game. So far Mullen has shown that he is going to run Russell - if he does, I just don't think he makes it. He seems to already be hurt, and running him into the teeth of the Bama defense just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2013, 10:35 AM
It doesn't make a difference in whether we win or lose, but it could make a huge difference in the perception that the 200 recruits (literally) in attendance have on our program. I desperately wanted to compete and show a pulse in this game to take advantage of all the recruits being in attendance.

Scoring 17-20 points with Dak would've gone a long way in doing, but scoring 3-6 with Tyler will make our program look completely inept.
Combine the fact that if we are getting beat by 20 or 30 at halftime, the stands might be half full. That happens and that endorsement for Mullen next year goes out the window.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2013, 10:37 AM

I certainly hope so. We are not even gonna be in the game if we don't at least send Williams out some to run the diamond formation. I'm gonna remember Russell in my prayers tonight...seriously. I'm picturing Mettenburger right now. That's what they will do to Tyler.

BogeyGolfer
11-15-2013, 10:37 AM
However, I agree ... Why not play Williams and Shumpert a lot in this game? Baptism by fire!

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Combine the fact that if we are getting beat by 20 or 30 at halftime, the stands might be half full. That happens and that endorsement for Mullen next year goes out the window.

Exactly, Dak playing or not playing doesn't make a difference in whether we win or lose, but could've made an enormous difference in how the future of our program is perceived. The rating for our game tomorrow night will be huge across the country because people want to see Bama get beat.

Dak being out is just a PR disaster for our program because of the perception it will create with people that don't follow our program on a day to day/week to week basis.

We really needed to show that things are going in the right direction. Every top 2015 recruit in the region will be there tomorrow night.

Tyler will have to play like I have never seen him play.

Coach34
11-15-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm hearing Dakota right now is 50/50 to play vs UPig

Thick
11-15-2013, 10:50 AM
The first thing you do with TR in the backfield, is put more then one back in the backfield. No read option, but diamond formation, power I, straight I formations, and run the ball between the tackles with some misdirection. Play action pass out if these formations, but I would not run the ball with TR until after we have established some type of ball movement whether it's by ground or air. We have plenty of running backs.....use them!!!

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm hearing Dakota right now is 50/50 to play vs UPig

SHEESH...... What do one of those "breaks" cost? How long till we can afford one, because right now we can't buy one.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Exactly, Dak playing or not playing doesn't make a difference in whether we win or lose, but could've made an enormous difference in how the future of our program is perceived. The rating for our game tomorrow night will be huge across the country because people want to see Bama get beat.

Dak being out is just a PR disaster for our program because of the perception it will create with people that don't follow our program on a day to day/week to week basis.

We really needed to show that things are going in the right direction. Every top 2015 recruit in the region will be there tomorrow night.

Tyler will need to have a game like Mett did against us. Every pass on the money. If we come out with a zone read with Tyler and Perkins I might leave immediately.

bgover4
11-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Even if tyler had a game like that we don't have odell beckham or Jarvis landry.

Schultzy
11-15-2013, 11:03 AM

You're getting a little carried away here, sir. Plus, any points we score will be more than the goose egg the bears showed on the scoreboard after their brilliant week of smack talk.

We will move the ball some, score some points and keep the score respectable.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Even if tyler had a game like that we don't have odell beckham or Jarvis landry.

True, but hopefully we wouldn't have to score 59 points win either. We need to shoot and try to find a way to score 24 points. I don't think we can do it with Tyler, but that's what it will take to have a chance.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2013, 11:06 AM
You're getting a little carried away here, sir. Plus, any points we score will be more than the goose egg the bears showed on the scoreboard after their brilliant week of smack talk.

We will move the ball some, score some points and keep the score respectable.
They also should have kicked Fgs. 25-12 looks a lot better but Bucky made bad decisions.

Goat Holder
11-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Russell gives us our best chance to win vs. Alabama and Arkansas. We'll need Prescott to beat Ole Miss in my opinion. Need to grind the clock more vs. them. Will take big plays to beat Bama.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Russell gives us our best chance to win vs. Alabama and Arkansas. We'll need Prescott to beat Ole Miss in my opinion. Need to grind the clock more vs. them. Will take big plays to beat Bama.

I just think we have a much greater chance of big plays with Dak rather than Russell. Dak's ability to run, scramble, and break tackles creates many more big plays than Russell.

I honestly don't think there is a single match-up in which we have a better chance of winning with Tyler rather than Dak. There may be teams that Tyler matches up with better than others, but there isn't one IMO that he matches up with better than Dak.

Schultzy
11-15-2013, 11:16 AM
They also should have kicked Fgs. 25-12 looks a lot better but Bucky made bad decisions.

That's his fault for making stupid decisions and that's part of the game. Zero is zero.

Goat Holder
11-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Prescott ain't running nowhere on Bama's defense. They are too strong for that. They are a notch better than Auburn's and LSU's defense.

Russell is much more effective throwing the football than Prescott at this point. Prescott is getting better every game though.

Schultzy
11-15-2013, 11:18 AM
There are some blips on the trolldar screen. I'll keep an eye on them.

Barking 13
11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
The first thing you do with TR in the backfield, is put more then one back in the backfield. No read option, but diamond formation, power I, straight I formations, and run the ball between the tackles with some misdirection. Play action pass out if these formations, but I would not run the ball with TR until after we have established some type of ball movement whether it's by ground or air. We have plenty of running backs.....use them!!!

Amen, brother! Preach it!

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Prescott ain't running nowhere on Bama's defense. They are too strong for that. They are a notch better than Auburn's and LSU's defense.

Russell is much more effective throwing the football than Prescott at this point. Prescott is getting better every game though.

Dak could certainly run the ball and scramble for first downs when no one is open on a pass. Bama doesn't have 15 people on the field.

I agree that the zone read and normal QB running plays wouldn't work against Bama, but Dak's ability to scramble and move the pocket is a real advantage that he bring against anyone.

Goat Holder
11-15-2013, 11:31 AM
I mean I get your point but I don't see the Prescott's and Wallace's doing well on Alabama. Sure, Manziel ran for a 100 but he's not a bruising QB, he's quick and runs around people. Bama even shut down Cam Newton's running - if you remember, it was his arm that won that game.

CJDAWG85
11-15-2013, 11:42 AM
I was just told Dak is playing. This came from a player on the team so stop worrying. Just show up and be loud.

Barking 13
11-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Misdirection?

CJDAWG85
11-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Gonna be just like last week. Dak has not practiced this week so Tyler will start but Dak will come in just like last week.

hdc
11-15-2013, 11:49 AM
If our receivers were better, Tyler may not look quite so bad. But, they are what they are such that we get raped if Tyler is the QB for the entire game.

DawgsBite34
11-15-2013, 11:54 AM
If Dak doesn't play get ready to see the same 5 or 6 plays over and over again. The out routes, the counter play, the patented 5 yard out on the other sideline while Tyler is on the opposite side hash on 3rd and long, don't forget QB sweep with no pitch option on 4th down with TR, and of course the draw left with Perkins. But no its all because we're young

CadaverDawg
11-15-2013, 11:56 AM
We should start Williams. Russell will get killed running QB draws versus Bama

bully99
11-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Don't know but some of the gambling websites yesterday said he was upgraded to probable. They usually have pretty good inside information.

Goat Holder
11-15-2013, 11:59 AM
See here (http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?8732-New-Question-With-Tyler-at-QB-how-do-we-move-the-ball-against-Bama&p=87701#post87701).

That line of thinking still does not add up. It didn't before the season and it doesn't now.

Coach34
11-15-2013, 12:03 PM

aye yi yi

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 12:09 PM
I was just told Dak is playing. This came from a player on the team so stop worrying. Just show up and be loud.

I hope your right, but there is way to much information out there right now that is contrary to this to believe you.

hailmari
11-15-2013, 12:12 PM

Yep. Playing with swag and until the final whistle helped UMiss a lot last year with the recruits. We have to do the same. The play calling has to be the best it's been all season more so than who's in the game. Russell and Perk can do damage, it's just a matter of the plays being called and decision making, IMO.

Take shots down the field with Russell, play hair-on-fire defense, and play hard until the end like last week and we should impress a few kids.

Political Hack
11-15-2013, 12:24 PM

agree on Bama.

Disagree on Ark.

Agree on OM.

EAVdog
11-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Nobody in the country is beating Bama this year. Can we just sit them all and be fresh for Arkansas?

Political Hack
11-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Nobody in the country is beating Bama this year. Can we just sit them all and be fresh for Arkansas?

it's not the worst matchup we'll face this year. I actually think A&M, LSU, and even Auburn are much more difficult to defend. I don't see BMac wiltering against the run game. It's just a matter of how much our safeties can help our CBs against Norwood and Cooper and if we can get some quick pressure consistently. If we can do those two things, it could turn into a pretty good game.

Political Hack
11-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Tyler throws a TD every 19 pass attempts. Dak throws one every 31 pass attempts.

Tyler has a QB rating of 150. only 1 INT this season.

Y'all bitch because he takes sacks... well, that's a hell of a lot better than throwing an INT. If our defense can hang, TR is exactly what we need in this game. Don't turn the ball over and don't think you're going to run over Alabama.

Pollodawg
11-15-2013, 12:44 PM
If Dak doesn't play get ready to see the same 5 or 6 plays over and over again. The out routes, the counter play, the patented 5 yard out on the other sideline while Tyler is on the opposite side hash on 3rd and long, don't forget QB sweep with no pitch option on 4th down with TR, and of course the draw left with Perkins. But no its all because we're young

Yup.....

Pollodawg
11-15-2013, 12:46 PM
I expect Bama will be a little flat and over confident after last weekend. That will help us early, but they will recover.

EAVdog
11-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Tyler throws a TD every 19 pass attempts. Dak throws one every 31 pass attempts.

Tyler has a QB rating of 150. only 1 INT this season.

Y'all bitch because he takes sacks... well, that's a hell of a lot better than throwing an INT. If our defense can hang, TR is exactly what we need in this game. Don't turn the ball over and don't think you're going to run over Alabama.

But Nobody is beating Alabama this year. They'll claim their 43rd National Championship at the end of the Season.

We will probably do pretty well against their run game but Norwood/Cooper/Chest Tat will make up for that. Unfortunately they are just better than everyone else in the Country right now, and by a whole lot.

Jdawg
11-15-2013, 01:08 PM
SHEESH...... What do one of those "breaks" cost? How long till we can afford one, because right now we can't buy one.

I hear what you're saying Shotgun but running Dak that many times each game he's going to get banged up. Manziel is a little more elusive and avoids some of the hits Dak takes.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2013, 02:06 PM
I hear what you're saying Shotgun but running Dak that many times each game he's going to get banged up. Manziel is a little more elusive and avoids some of the hits Dak takes.

Daks a hell of a lot bigger than Manziel as well. Dak is more like the size of Tebow, who never got hurt in college.

The Croom Diaries
11-15-2013, 02:08 PM
With what I'm hearing with Dak it's real, real bad news injury-wise. If it's true might as well turn to basketball season boys cause we're toast.

BogeyGolfer
11-15-2013, 03:15 PM
ESPN and CBS reporting he has an elbow injury and is questionable....
I've put in a call to my source and will post as soon as I hear back...