PDA

View Full Version : Question about Khamauri Rogers

CaptainObvious
08-04-2021, 12:31 PM
If the State of Mississippi takes over the Holmes County School system, does that affect that county having football this fall? I know the State has taken over several public systems before like Hazlehurst, North Panola and another, but I can?t remember if the shut down Athletics to get the academics under control.

Jack Lambert
08-04-2021, 01:06 PM
I guess that would mean all those public service announcement about kids participating in sports are more likely to graduated and stay out of trouble is just wasted state tax money.

Coach34
08-04-2021, 03:11 PM
They will still have football. The state took over Noxubee County a couple of years ago and they didn’t miss a beat

KOdawg1
08-04-2021, 03:51 PM
Holmes County is a MESS

Coach34
08-04-2021, 06:57 PM
Great place to coach- everything else not so much

somebodyshotmypaw
08-04-2021, 07:17 PM
Holmes County had a good school system at one point. Jackson had a great water system at one point. Jackson had great public schools at one point. I wonder what changed?

Westdawg
08-05-2021, 11:04 AM
Holmes County had a good school system at one point. Jackson had a great water system at one point. Jackson had great public schools at one point. I wonder what changed?

When in the last 40 years has Holmes county had a decent school, let alone a decent school system???

The last one was well over 60 years ago, and even it was not anything to brag at. My dad and most of our extended family lived in Holmes county and had businesses and farms there.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-05-2021, 01:20 PM
When in the last 40 years has Holmes county had a decent school, let alone a decent school system???

The last one was well over 60 years ago, and even it was not anything to brag at. My dad and most of our extended family lived in Holmes county and had businesses and farms there.

There was a time that the school system was solid. Many many years ago. But the education was on par with the rest of the state at one point. Maybe it was 60 years ago, as you pointed out.