PDA

View Full Version : D-Line

Maverick91
08-03-2021, 03:28 PM
How are we feeling? Anybody making massive moves?

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2021, 03:50 PM

Run stopping should be good with Crumedy & Pickering. I think the biggest question is just pass rush.

Maverick91
08-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Run stopping should be good with Crumedy & Pickering. I think the biggest question is just pass rush.

Have we heard anything on Pickering? I know he sat out last season, is he in good shape? better shape? Why did he sit out?

RiverCityDawg
08-03-2021, 04:42 PM

I'm optimistic about the pass rush with Davis at one end and Wheat at Sam/Edge. Kobe was a good leader but didn't do much in the pass rush, so Davis should be an upgrade there. Not sure Charlton will be as good as Spencer overall, but should be at least as good against the pass. Plus of course Brule will be after the QB a bunch like last year.

I actually like some of our depth too with Pickering, Young, Russell, Banks and Odom. Also I think Lewis at Sam could be an early contributor on passing downs.

Leroy Jenkins
08-03-2021, 04:47 PM
Have we heard anything on Pickering? I know he sat out last season, is he in good shape? better shape? Why did he sit out?

The commonly accepted theory is he got that 'rona.

BuckyIsAB****
08-03-2021, 05:50 PM
We dont have many DL that are built to pass rush. And in this scheme they are not really asked too. We will get pressure with our stunts and blitzes. We have the secondary to hold up as long as we dont get injured. Wheat Davis and Charlton are your best pass rushers and Wheat is going to also be the zone drop guy a lot of the time. Arnett is pretty creative he will make pressure

BuckyIsAB****
08-03-2021, 05:50 PM
Pickering Banks Cooley and Young are going to be damn good for us

confucius say
08-03-2021, 06:02 PM
I thought banks really popped on film the last few weeks of last year. As a true freshman. I think he is going to be damn good.

R2Dawg
08-03-2021, 06:06 PM

Dline going to be good. Top third of the league good IMO. Crumedy will be All SEC. Wheat could make a push too.

Lord McBuckethead
08-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Dline going to be good. Top third of the league good IMO. Crumedy will be All SEC. Wheat could make a push too.

I agree. Our dLine may be top 2. Combine that with Brule and a couple of our other LBs and we may surprise people again this year.

confucius say
08-03-2021, 06:22 PM
I said two weeks ago on a thread we'd be top 4 defense in the league. And I believe it still. As long as we stay reasonably healthy.

Maverick91
08-04-2021, 09:08 AM
The commonly accepted theory is he got that 'rona.

Hears to praying he doesn't get the Delta Variant.

KOdawg1
08-04-2021, 10:17 AM
I think Jordan Davis is gonna shock some people with his hand in the dirt. I'm not worried about the DL. We've got talent and depth.

R2Dawg
08-04-2021, 12:10 PM
I think Jordan Davis is gonna shock some people with his hand in the dirt. I'm not worried about the DL. We've got talent and depth.

Agree. It the light comes on for JD, he could be the second coming of Ed Smith. Ed was a terror off the edge with hand in the dirt on one of top Ds in MSU history. If Davis and Wheat go big, we could be top D in SEC. That edge rush makes an already good backend great. That is also why Smoot and Bean were even better with the front 5 pressure. Again we are back to the 5-1-5 so lots of neat things lining up for us.

My wool is getting thick on this D.

Can the O deliver enough?

Bothrops
08-04-2021, 04:29 PM
Charlton is gonna help us on the edge, and we will have how Russell progresses.

Dawgfan77
08-05-2021, 06:51 AM
We got 8 guys on the Defense this year that will play on sundays

Hot Rock
08-05-2021, 10:34 AM
We got 8 guys on the Defense this year that will play on sundays

That's a bold statement.

For this year's team we I see about 5 that are next level players, who all are you seeing to get to 8? If it is 8, this team will be nasty.

Dawgfan77
08-05-2021, 11:35 AM
That's a bold statement.

For this year's team we I see about 5 that are next level players, who all are you seeing to get to 8? If it is 8, this team will be nasty.

Charlton, Davis, Wheat, Brule, Pickering, crumedy, Emerson, Forbes, and Green all have NFL ability

R2Dawg
08-05-2021, 02:23 PM
Charlton, Davis, Wheat, Brule, Pickering, crumedy, Emerson, Forbes, and Green all have NFL ability

Fred Peters maybe? Dean?

Got to remember NFL ability on one team covers 4 classes. 8 ain't that many. That 99 D had the entire 2 deep on DL get to NFL.

Jarius
08-05-2021, 02:48 PM

DeMonte Russell is going to play in the NFL too.

Dawgfan77
08-05-2021, 07:55 PM
Fred Peters maybe? Dean?

Got to remember NFL ability on one team covers 4 classes. 8 ain't that many. That 99 D had the entire 2 deep on DL get to NFL.

He said name 8.... I did.

R2Dawg
08-05-2021, 08:19 PM
He said name 8.... I did.

OK

No reason to feel offended. I never said you didn't . I just added a few comments. It is OK.

Dawgfan77
08-06-2021, 06:05 AM
OK

No reason to feel offended. I never said you didn't . I just added a few comments. It is OK.

Not offended at all! Hate you took it that way

My main point is we have a lot doom and gloom folks on here and if you really look at our roster we have some really really good players

Jarius
08-06-2021, 07:49 PM
Leach mentioned Jordan Davis specifically for standing out today in his post practice interview.

Cowbell
08-06-2021, 07:57 PM
Leach mentioned Jordan Davis specifically for standing out today in his post practice interview.

Twice