PDA

View Full Version : Interesting staff addition to MSU baseball

Todd4State
08-02-2021, 06:58 PM
We just hired Devin Rose as a GA. He used to work for driveline which is a company that uses computer models and technology to analyze baseball player's mechanics and helps them to achieve max velocity.

I really like this hire. It helps us to stay ahead of the curve.

Hopefully we will add a recruiting analyst with scouting connections to help assess signability of our recruits.

TheLostDawg
08-02-2021, 09:12 PM
Way to stay ahead. Nice to have a program willing to go the extra mile and instead of copy, be at the front.

Todd4State
08-02-2021, 09:16 PM
Way to stay ahead. Nice to have a program willing to go the extra mile and instead of copy, be at the front.

Cohen was always good about that. And I think Lemonis is too. It's a really good group to have. We already see how good Gautreau is. And I think Foxhall is going to look even better once he gets his guys in as well.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-02-2021, 09:50 PM
Good stuff. Hopefully this means we're on our way to changing the game with 3rd paid assistants and GA opportunities.

AlSwearengen
08-02-2021, 09:58 PM
Pretty exciting stuff. Show these recruits that they will get top notch coaching using the latest technology AND take care of their arms. It seems like we are getting everything in place for a good run.

Todd4State
08-02-2021, 11:12 PM
Pretty exciting stuff. Show these recruits that they will get top notch coaching using the latest technology AND take care of their arms. It seems like we are getting everything in place for a good run.

The really exciting thing to me is the way we do things is sustainable. What LSU did in the 1990's with their steroids and loaded bats and what Vanderbilt is doing now isn't sustainable because that can be stopped with a rule change.

A lot of people don't realize it but Stanford was the school that originally did what Vanderbilt is doing now with their scholarships...followed by Rice in the 1990's. That stopped when both had coaching changes. I'm wondering if Corbin is near the end of the rope with how he is treating guys like Rocker and Leiter now. Really it's all about legacy for him at this point.

Jack Lambert
08-02-2021, 11:22 PM
Did the entire staff get a raise? One side question. Who is the big buy in the bullpen in catcher gear helping the pitchers warm up? Is he a Grad Assistant or some walk on baseball player?

Tbonewannabe
08-03-2021, 08:24 AM
Did the entire staff get a raise? One side question. Who is the big buy in the bullpen in catcher gear helping the pitchers warm up? Is he a Grad Assistant or some walk on baseball player?

Lemonis got a bump up to $1.2 Mil and I believe it was mentioned that our staff is the highest paid in the country now so everyone got a bump.