PDA

View Full Version : I Should Have Guessed!

DawgFan85
08-01-2021, 10:54 PM
US Olympic shot putter Raven Saunders, the silver medalist in women's shot put defied the IOC by protesting on the podium. Guess where she went to school? Yep, the University of Mississippi. I cannot believe how man WTF moments have come out of that school. I am sure we have had our share of deadbeats but dang, from Tunsil to Kelly and now Saunders. It will never change for them. Always selling out to try and get a win and seldom doing it the right way. What other WTF moments am I forgetting that they have produced?

Extendedcab
08-02-2021, 09:29 AM
I don't now about WTF moments in the Olympics or other pro events but the Piss and Miss a couple of years ago was PRICELESS!

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2021, 12:46 PM
What was she protesting?

Leeshouldveflanked
08-02-2021, 12:50 PM
I?m still not 100% sure on the she part, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2021, 12:54 PM
Simple arm cross for Oppressed People.
Good for her.

From the article:

“As with all delegations, Team USA is governed by the Olympic Charter and rules set forth by the IOC for Tokyo 2020,” the USOPC said in a statement. “Per the USOPC’s delegation terms, the USOPC conducted its own review and determined that Raven Saunders’ peaceful expression in support of racial and social justice that happened at the conclusion of the ceremony was respectful of her competitors and did not violate our rules related to demonstration.”

That is from our own people on reviewing what happened.

Not really a WTF moment, but whatever.

Saltydog
08-02-2021, 01:40 PM
Not sure why anyone is surprised...It's going to happen several more times before the games end, especially now that we're in the track and field portion....Cuba might be a good option for some of these folks if they think they're oppressed..........

Johnson85
08-02-2021, 01:45 PM
Good for her.

From the article:

“As with all delegations, Team USA is governed by the Olympic Charter and rules set forth by the IOC for Tokyo 2020,” the USOPC said in a statement. “Per the USOPC’s delegation terms, the USOPC conducted its own review and determined that Raven Saunders’ peaceful expression in support of racial and social justice that happened at the conclusion of the ceremony was not likely to be remembered next week and that they weren't going to do anything stupid in response.”

FTFY.

Most of these athletes train their whole lives to win in events that people won't remember in two weeks if they learn of them at all. I certainly wouldn't have known we medaled in women's shot put if not for this headline. If the USOPC tries to come down on these protests, that just raises their profile and gives athletes more incentive to do them in hopes that it will give them some notoriety/marketability that they otherwise won't get.

MaroonFlounder
08-02-2021, 02:54 PM
Good for her.

From the article:

“As with all delegations, Team USA is governed by the Olympic Charter and rules set forth by the IOC for Tokyo 2020,” the USOPC said in a statement. “Per the USOPC’s delegation terms, the USOPC conducted its own review and determined that Raven Saunders’ peaceful expression in support of racial and social justice that happened at the conclusion of the ceremony was respectful of her competitors and did not violate our rules related to demonstration.”

Not the time or place for it.

StarkVegasSteve
08-02-2021, 03:15 PM
FTFY.

Most of these athletes train their whole lives to win in events that people won't remember in two weeks if they learn of them at all. I certainly wouldn't have known we medaled in women's shot put if not for this headline. If the USOPC tries to come down on these protests, that just raises their profile and gives athletes more incentive to do them in hopes that it will give them some notoriety/marketability that they otherwise won't get.

CORRECT. Ignore it and it goes away. If they would've came out and condemned it then they'd be fanning the flames and giving it at least a week or two in the media cycle.

BiscuitEater
08-02-2021, 03:36 PM
Like she is sooo 17'n 'oppressed' ... like all those 'look at me' kneelers making $$ millions. There just showing how 'woke' they are! Meanwhile, they have done NOTHING tangible to really help ANY oppressed person!

Jack Lambert
08-02-2021, 04:18 PM
These guys had a reason. I still don't agree with it and I remember my dad who was a 100% disable vet being pissed off. What they are doing today is a "Hey Look at me" act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZttN9hPvx4

parabrave
08-02-2021, 04:33 PM

She wants the same contract from Nike that Kaperdick Got. Thats about the ghist of it.

Johnson85
08-02-2021, 04:49 PM
Like she is sooo 17'n 'oppressed' ... like all those 'look at me' kneelers making $$ millions. There just showing how 'woke' they are! Meanwhile, they have done NOTHING tangible to really help ANY oppressed person!

In this particular case, I'm assuming she's not making much at all and probably will get very minimal financial gains off of a medal in women's shotput. Her options for monetizing her athleticism are pretty much going woke, or going super patriotic. The latter would presumably be more lucrative, but also harder.

DawgFan85
08-02-2021, 04:53 PM
All this "wokeness" has led to brokeness in our country. All great empires come to an end sooner or later and we aren't far from it!

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2021, 04:55 PM

Agree, but it was simple and easy.

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2021, 04:56 PM

I am sure she has faced adversity, not more than anyone else, but different and unique to her.
But it was for oppressed people everywhere....so not really about her.

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2021, 04:58 PM
All this "wokeness" has led to brokeness in our country. All great empires come to an end sooner or later and we aren't far from it!

Wow... Mississippi Goin Mississippi.
Had to wait all day for it.

You okay buddy?

cheewgumm
08-02-2021, 05:03 PM
The good news is hardly anyone is watching.

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2021, 05:10 PM
These guys had a reason. I still don't agree with it and I remember my dad who was a 100% disable vet being pissed off. What they are doing today is a "Hey Look at me" act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZttN9hPvx4

You might be surprised when you look back 53 years from now and how clear this girls reasons were in 2021. Chris Rock said it best, "You know how good it is to be white.... no one in this room would trade places with me....AND I AM RICH."

This was not the time or the place to make a statement. Everyone can agree on that. I would have rathered her put her hand over her heart when the anthem is being played. Simple. But by using that as a moment to put the X up with her arms, the meaning in our country is heightened. Case in point, this thread being created and comments following.

I look at this exactly like Kaep kneeling. At first, I was pissed that he would kneel during the anthem. Then I read about what he was trying to bring awareness to, and thought that by not observing the time tested mother approved anthem protocol, the attention he was looking for for the cause was achieved. Unfortunately, that was drastically overshadowed by people that didn't see it that way.

We do not experience oppression as white males similar to black americans. We simply do not. My nephews are mixed race, and all you have to do is be out and about with them for maybe 2 hours and you will experience something. And they are well mannered educated kids. There is an undertone to all kinds of things. It is there if you watch. Fortunately, all you have to do is not look for it and you will never see it. White people have that advantage.

As a white person, the really only way to experience it is to go into a large minority neighborhood, experience that community as the only white person there, and then think what it would be like if all those people controlled how you advanced in society.

Either way, even though it was a small gesture, she should have saved that for the post podium interview. It was not the time nor the place.

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2021, 05:12 PM
The good news is hardly anyone is watching.

That is true. I had to Google it to even find out what "ole" butt itch OP was talking about.

Activated Alpha
08-02-2021, 05:25 PM
Honest question, is any other Olympians from other countries doing this? If not, then why do our Olympians feel a need to do it over other nations?

schddog72
08-02-2021, 09:19 PM
US Olympic shot putter Raven Saunders, the silver medalist in women's shot put defied the IOC by protesting on the podium. Guess where she went to school? Yep, the University of Mississippi. I cannot believe how man WTF moments have come out of that school. I am sure we have had our share of deadbeats but dang, from Tunsil to Kelly and now Saunders. It will never change for them. Always selling out to try and get a win and seldom doing it the right way. What other WTF moments am I forgetting that they have produced?

If she's got it so bad in this country, then I suggest she take her shot putting fat ass on a road tour with her medal to China, North Korea, Cuba, and oh, throw in Venezuela and Haiti for a little more flavor. And as far as I'm concerned, it should be a one-way trip; anywhere but here.

Coach34
08-02-2021, 10:59 PM
You might be surprised when you look back 53 years from now and how clear this girls reasons were in 2021. Chris Rock said it best, "You know how good it is to be white.... no one in this room would trade places with me....AND I AM RICH."

While Chris Rock is one of the greatest comedians ever- he is wrong on this. I'd trade places with Shaq, Jordan, A-Rod, Bo Jackson, Jerry Rice, etc...anytime.

Jack Lambert
08-02-2021, 11:19 PM
While Chris Rock is one of the greatest comedians ever- he is wrong on this. I'd trade places with Shaq, Jordan, A-Rod, Bo Jackson, Jerry Rice, etc...anytime.

Why because you want a bigger dick?******* Really just joking.

Quaoarsking
08-03-2021, 12:35 AM
Honest question, is any other Olympians from other countries doing this? If not, then why do our Olympians feel a need to do it over other nations?

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/23/12584648/feyisa-lilesa-olympic-protest-x--ethopia-violence-oromo-people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feyisa_Lilesa

2016: Silver medalist in the men's marathon, Feyisa Lilesa of Ethiopia, protesting the government's treatment of his ethnic group.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ONa4AAO2nbpHmXdB080-eqS8t4Y=/143x104:1666x1104/920x613/filters:focal(772x227:1044x499):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/50489729/593223380.0.jpg

dawgoneyall
08-03-2021, 06:33 AM
I am sure she has faced adversity, not more than anyone else, but different and unique to her.
But it was for oppressed people everywhere....so not really about her.

BS