PDA

View Full Version : Welp. Oak Grove and Purvis shut down after a week

Indndawg
07-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Tupelo band shut down after a few days in camp.

Not a Corona Bro but not a denier either.

Think it might be prudent to hold off of face to face classes til Tue after Labor Day like our forefathers.

brokennotfractured
07-31-2021, 01:20 PM
It was inevitable given the low vaccine compliance and increased virulence of the delta strain.

chef dixon
07-31-2021, 02:22 PM
Hey at least we got that natty in

CaptainObvious
07-31-2021, 02:41 PM
The thing amazed me was the JPS shut down last fall and they have been social distancing at Football games for years. They spread their band and dancers out to make the bleachers look full. And their teams can?t tackle or block because they are never within 6 feet of an opposing player.

Lord McBuckethead
07-31-2021, 04:49 PM
It was inevitable given the low vaccine compliance and increased virulence of the delta strain.

A guy in town here was basically bragging on how South Mississippi was unvaccinated.

Dolphus Raymond
07-31-2021, 05:13 PM
Until vaccination rates rise significantly, it will be more of the same.

confucius say
07-31-2021, 05:16 PM
Until vaccination rates rise significantly, it will be more of the same.

That depends if they powers that be are going to look at case numbers or deaths. Vaccination (which I am) is not going to stop case counts.

confucius say
07-31-2021, 05:17 PM
Tupelo band shut down after a few days in camp.

Not a Corona Bro but not a denier either.

Think it might be prudent to hold off of face to face classes til Tue after Labor Day like our forefathers.

Did they shut down bc of positive cases? Or bc of hospitalizations/deaths?

shoeless joe
07-31-2021, 05:37 PM
With the vaccine…despite less than half having it…the people that have already gotten, and the knowledge about how to treat it, I’m hopeful this latest wave will be shorter lived and less deadly.

WinningIsRelentless
07-31-2021, 05:37 PM
That depends if they powers that be are going to look at case numbers or deaths. Vaccination (which I am) is not going to stop case counts.

But vaccination greatly lowers hospital count. The avg wait time for ambulances the past two weeks in the central ms trauma district at hospitals is 6 hours. That means the unit is out of service and sitting on a wall at a hospital waiting to drop a pt off.

Response times for ambulances in some areas right now in excess of a hour due to the wall times.

Dolphus Raymond
07-31-2021, 05:44 PM
Shoeless Joe brings up a very valid point relative to treating COVID. The death rates should be lower this time, but we are about to enter another very difficult period and it could have been avoided. It SHOULD have been avoided.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 05:51 PM
A guy in town here was basically bragging on how South Mississippi was unvaccinated.

We've become so ****ing cynical; and who TF was he attempting to "own" with that BS?

What an utter embarrassment.

confucius say
07-31-2021, 06:21 PM
But vaccination greatly lowers hospital count. The avg wait time for ambulances the past two weeks in the central ms trauma district at hospitals is 6 hours. That means the unit is out of service and sitting on a wall at a hospital waiting to drop a pt off.

Response times for ambulances in some areas right now in excess of a hour due to the wall times.

I agree. My point is simply that, if we are going to shut down schools due strictly to positive cases in the school (which is what the oak grove released statement said-28 positive cases), then the vaccine is not going to stop that.

On a positive note, st d had only 4 people waiting in the ER Friday as opposed to 73 last Friday.

CovertDawg
07-31-2021, 06:32 PM
Can track the MS data here. Everything has gone vertical. Will be out of ICU beds shortly in MS if trends continue for another week or two.

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/14,21994,420,873.html

SailingDawg
07-31-2021, 06:58 PM
I'm going to start showing up at people's jobs and telling them how fake they are and how they're doing it wrong. You know, I'm smarter than the scientists, so I must know it all if I'm from Mississippi (Alabama, Missouri...) /s

btw I'm a teacher so I'm exposed to all your little unvaccinated sweet children.

CaptainObvious
07-31-2021, 07:10 PM
I'm going to start showing up at people's jobs and telling them how fake they are and how they're doing it wrong. You know, I'm smarter than the scientists, so I must know it all if I'm from Mississippi (Alabama, Missouri...) /s

btw I'm a teacher so I'm exposed to all your little unvaccinated sweet children.

Not if you are vaccinated twice and double mask. There is no way any of our little unvaccinated sweet children can infect you. I saw it on TV so it must be true.

Maroonthirteen
07-31-2021, 07:11 PM
http://https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html)

Maroonthirteen
07-31-2021, 07:15 PM
http://https://www.cnet.com/health/breakthrough-covid-cases-among-the-fully-vaccinated-are-real-heres-the-latest/ (https://www.cnet.com/health/breakthrough-covid-cases-among-the-fully-vaccinated-are-real-heres-the-latest/)

Dawg2003
07-31-2021, 07:21 PM
People have effed around. We're now in the find out phase. Delta is a lot more contagious BTW. Good luck if you're not vaxxed.

CaptainObvious
07-31-2021, 07:22 PM
So does anyone know what happened to Alpha, Beta Variants? When should we expect the Gamma, Rho, and Theta Variants? Conveniently right before the 2022 Elections?

I am not saying this isn?t real, I am saying it was released and planned. Not a conspiracy. A biological war. There WILL be more variants. The thing was lab produced and now it is mutating just like those lab scientists knew it would.

viverlibre
07-31-2021, 07:45 PM
So does anyone know what happened to Alpha, Beta Variants? When should we expect the Gamma, Rho, and Theta Variants? Conveniently right before the 2022 Elections?

I am not saying this isn?t real, I am saying it was released and planned. Not a conspiracy. A biological war. There WILL be more variants. The thing was lab produced and now it is mutating just like those lab scientists knew it would.

This is the beginning of what will be many pandemics over the coming years. Now that the government has experienced how easy it is to control people, that appetite will grow more and more.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 07:46 PM
http://https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html)

Uh huh...

https://news.yahoo.com/eight-hundred-cases-seven-hospitalizations-and-no-deaths-the-provincetown-outbreak-shows-vaccines-work-125324207.html

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 07:47 PM
I am not saying this isn?t real, I am saying it was released and planned. Not a conspiracy. A biological war.

And what does that have to do with 2022 elections, lol?

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 07:50 PM
This is the beginning of what will be many pandemics over the coming years. Now that the government has experienced how easy it is to control people, that appetite will grow more and more.

Apparently something previous politicians never exploited with World Wars, much deadlier pandemics, presidential assassinations, natural disasters, etc., but yeah...this is the boogieman.

Coach34
07-31-2021, 07:51 PM
Delta is a lot more contagious BTW. .

It's also alot less lethal

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 07:54 PM
It's also alot less lethal

Not true for unvaccinated folks.

msugolf
07-31-2021, 07:57 PM

Well then you should probably be happy then

Coach34
07-31-2021, 07:59 PM

Well- by every stat metric it is

shoeless joe
07-31-2021, 08:11 PM
my son who is a toddler had covid and tested positive with the rest of my family last year between thanksgiving and Christmas. He was sick this past week and when taken the the doctor he was swabbed for everything. Came back positive for strep AND covid.

The doctor said he doubted he had covid. Felt it was a false positive because his symptoms didn’t align with young kids and covid. He didn’t recommend quarantine or anything. He also said that if he did have it again that he would be the first person in the county to contract it for the second time. So just to be safe we did the send off test and sure enough it came back negative. After a couple of days of antibiotics for the strep he’s back to his typical insane maniacal 3 yr old self.

What’s odd to me is that this same doctor that just said no one around here has gotten it a second time also recommended gettin the vaccine even tho me and my wife had already had covid. If I had’tt had it I would get the shot but as of now I would get tested for anti bodies before gettin the vax

Coach34
07-31-2021, 08:27 PM
Our Southern border is wide open and we had 150K come into the country in the month of July- and that’s just the ones we caught and counted. These people aren’t vaxxed and we aren’t vaxxing them upon entry. Just letting them go wherever they want in this country spreading whatever. Until this administration gets serious about C19- they shouldn’t expect anybody else to be serious.

SteelCurtain74
07-31-2021, 08:29 PM

Gamma variant is already around. May not be here, but it's out there.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/10/21-1427_article

Cowbell
07-31-2021, 08:52 PM
Our Southern border is wide open and we had 150K come into the country in the month of July- and that?s just the ones we caught and counted. These people aren?t vaxxed and we aren?t vaxxing them upon entry. Just letting them go wherever they want in this country spreading whatever. Until this administration gets serious about C19- they shouldn?t expect anybody else to be serious.

This is fact. I have a lot of friends with ranches on the border. The stories I am hearing from them would astonish you. This issue alone shows that there is an agenda, especially since the Canadian and Florida border have different protocols.

chef dixon
07-31-2021, 08:56 PM
Our Southern border is wide open and we had 150K come into the country in the month of July- and that’s just the ones we caught and counted. These people aren’t vaxxed and we aren’t vaxxing them upon entry. Just letting them go wherever they want in this country spreading whatever. Until this administration gets serious about C19- they shouldn’t expect anybody else to be serious.

When you can't separate the situation from politics and make logical decisions for yourself, then who is it really that's being controlled?

SailingDawg
07-31-2021, 09:09 PM

You mean this administration offering free vaccinations to everyone 12 and older, plus donating vaccines to half the world, isn't serious? How much is Trump drafting from your account monthly?

terradawg
07-31-2021, 09:14 PM
I understand that at Oak Grove HS, there were 28 Covid positive students confirmed this week. Then throw in the contact tracing after the students attended 4 classes during the day and the school adminstrators decided to send student back to virtual. I have a child who attends OGHS. It's a bummer, but Covid is racing through MS. And Lamar Co. is one of the higher vaccinated counties in MS at 39% of the county population. I have heard all the insane/crazy and not so crazy reasons not to vaccinate, but my family and I chose to take the vaccine and follow the science. MS is a chronically undervaccinated population and it could come back to haught.us. What if Covid spikes dramatically again and the decision is made to limit football attendance or cancel...

Coach34
07-31-2021, 09:21 PM
You mean this administration offering free vaccinations to everyone 12 and older, plus donating vaccines to half the world, isn't serious? How much is Trump drafting from your account monthly?

The vaccines are free because of Operation Warpspeed from the Trump Administration. Money was put toward millions of vaccines being free to Americans.

aGAIN- we are allowing unvaccinated people to walk into our country at a rate of 200K per month (caught and slipping thru). That is a policy that says C19 is not serious. If it was serious- our border would be closed- like it is with Canada and Fla.

starkvegasdawg
07-31-2021, 09:27 PM
The vaccines are free because of Operation Warpspeed from the Trump Administration. Money was put toward millions of vaccines being free to Americans.

aGAIN- we are allowing unvaccinated people to walk into our country at a rate of 200K per month (caught and slipping thru). That is a policy that says C19 is not serious. If it was serious- our border would be closed- like it is with Canada and Fla.

This is just not a debatable point. All Sleepy Joe did was continue what Trump started. Even though when he was in office and pushing for the vaccine to be developed every damn dem in office was screaming it won't be safe and they won't be taking the Trump vaccine.

Dawg_Lover
07-31-2021, 09:32 PM
The following statement was published in the Boston Herald last March.

The following statement was published in the Boston Herald last March.
______

The New York Post wrote, ?More than 100 illegal immigrants who tested positive for the coronavirus ? after their arrival in Texas since late January ? have been released by the Border Patrol into the Lone Star State and are free to travel to other parts of the U.S.?
______

Now consider an article published yesterday stating the current estimate is that just 68% of illegal border crossers get caught. See the referenced article linked below.

?Report: Just 68% of Illegal Border Crossers Get Caught.
Given the lack of deterrents to their entry, even that apprehension estimate may be high.?

https://cis.org/Arthur/Report-Just-68-Illegal-Border-Crossers-Get-Caught

The article is from The Center for Immigration Studies, an independent, non-partisan, non-profit, research organization widely recognized, for providing invaluable information, by such organizations as The Hudson Institute and the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.

If you take the time to read the article, it is clear unvaccinated citizens are just a small part of the problem. My thoughts go to two things.

First:
Pandoras box has been opened. And, like when she slammed it shut, too late, could it be the only thing left still trapped inside is hope?

Second:
The pestilence spoken of in Revelation.

confucius say
07-31-2021, 09:39 PM

It honestly is hard to argue with this.

What we can say at a minimum is, this administration has taken the position that the threat of illegal immigrants bringing covid into the states isn't serious enough to shut down the southern border. That can't be argued.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-31-2021, 09:45 PM
China did a great job engineering this virus.

Maroonthirteen
07-31-2021, 09:54 PM
but Covid is racing through MS. And Lamar Co. is one of the higher vaccinated counties in MS at 39% of the county population. MS is a chronically undervaccinated population and it could come back to haught.us. What if Covid spikes dramatically again and the decision is made to limit football attendance or cancel...

Pre-face... people should get vaccinated.

I realize the vaccinated are frustrated and want to blame someone. However the data now suggest the vaccinated and unvaccinated are spreading the delta variant. You even say Lamar co is a highly vaccinated county, relatively.

If they don't allow crowds. It will because the sec and Mississippi State decided to do so. Not some random people. If they shut down the country, it will be the because of the decisions of the Biden administration. Not the boogie (unvaccinated) men.

viverlibre
07-31-2021, 09:57 PM
Apparently something previous politicians never exploited with World Wars, much deadlier pandemics, presidential assassinations, natural disasters, etc., but yeah...this is the boogieman.

Those were much, much, much, more serious situations than the 'Rona. It's real but the death rate for healthy folks is in the .00s of a percentage. For those with health issues and old folks, it's certainly higher and those people should get vaxxed and take precautions. Each person has to evaluate risks, personally I don't take medications (even ibuprofen) unless it's a serious situation. COVID posses virtually no risk to me (I'm perfectly healthy), so I'm following the science and not taking the vax, just like I don't take the flu vax. I've had COVID (discovered i had the antibodies when giving blood) and was 100% asystematic.

cheewgumm
07-31-2021, 10:04 PM
I can?t beliefs the leftist scourge has infected EVEN Elite Dawgs.

No place is safe.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 10:09 PM

Warpspeed was responsible for the FastTracking of the vaccine testing/development, not its implementation. It was still a massive achievement, one I wish more of the previous administration would promote for society's benefit more aggressively, but some folks would rather own the libs (or whoever) than take win (or a vaccine).

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 10:14 PM
Those were much, much, much, more serious situations than the 'Rona. It's real but the death rate for healthy folks is in the .00s of a percentage. For those with health issues and old folks, it's certainly higher and those people should get vaxxed and take precautions. Each person has to evaluate risks, personally I don't take medications (even ibuprofen) unless it's a serious situation. COVID posses virtually no risk to me (I'm perfectly healthy), so I'm following the science and not taking the vax, just like I don't take the flu vax. I've had COVID (discovered i had the antibodies when giving blood) and was 100% asystematic.

So I guess having a higher likelihood of passing it along to someone else who can be seriously impacted from it is "following the science"? Your grandparents for example? Or someone else's? Glad you're good, though.

Bdawg
07-31-2021, 10:14 PM
my son who is a toddler had covid and tested positive with the rest of my family last year between thanksgiving and Christmas. He was sick this past week and when taken the the doctor he was swabbed for everything. Came back positive for strep AND covid.

The doctor said he doubted he had covid. Felt it was a false positive because his symptoms didn?t align with young kids and covid. He didn?t recommend quarantine or anything. He also said that if he did have it again that he would be the first person in the county to contract it for the second time. So just to be safe we did the send off test and sure enough it came back negative. After a couple of days of antibiotics for the strep he?s back to his typical insane maniacal 3 yr old self.

What?s odd to me is that this same doctor that just said no one around here has gotten it a second time also recommended gettin the vaccine even tho me and my wife had already had covid. If I had?tt had it I would get the shot but as of now I would get tested for anti bodies before gettin the vax

That's what I did. I had Covid last November and went and got an antibodies test. They said my number were good for at least a few more months and didn't recommend the vaccine right now.

confucius say
07-31-2021, 10:16 PM
So I guess having a higher likelihood of passing it along to someone else who can be seriously impacted from it is "following the science"? Your grandparents for example? Or someone else's? Glad you're good, though.

In his defense, I watched fauci say asymptomatic people aren't spreading the virus. Now that's been 2-3 months ago, so he may have changed his tune by now.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 10:22 PM
In his defense, I watched fauci say asymptomatic people aren't spreading the virus. Now that's been 2-3 months ago, so he may have changed his tune by now.

I understand the public's frustration with this, but this is exactly how science works. You make decisions based on what you know at the time; once new information is gathered you might have to change those decisions. It is what it is. I totally agree that the govt has botched their messaging of this thing, this admin going back to the last one, but that being said, it's still a messy process (as science often is), but they are doing their best to save lives.

viverlibre
07-31-2021, 10:28 PM

My grandparents have been dead for decades, but my 85 year old mother and my siblings, all in their 60s and fat, have gotten the vax. My wife (she's already had it), with a health issue, has also gotten the vax, it all comes down to risk.

MaroonFlounder
07-31-2021, 10:30 PM

Compliance? You gotta be kidding me. Fkin sheep.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 10:36 PM
My grandparents have been dead for decades, but my 85 year old mother and my siblings, all in their 60s and fat, have gotten the vax. My wife (she's already had it), with a health issue, has also gotten the vax, it all comes down to risk.

Again, I'm glad your family is safe. I really am. But what about the others you come in contact with while going to church, shopping for groceries, sitting in the stands at a game, etc.?

I'm all for some things being a "personal choice", but for a select few arenas, there should be a higher call of duty for the greater good....call it altruism, being a good American, doing your public duty, whatever.

I guess I just don't understand the mindset of "well I'm good, my family is good...but **** my neighbors, my fellow parishioners, my fellow State brethren...that's on them". All because taking a vaccine to help expedite the ending of a pandemic (one we've all been affected by) is just too high a hill to climb.

Coach34
07-31-2021, 10:36 PM
Here are some things people don’t take into account on all this:

1. This virus is not bad for people 18 and under. In the last 18 months- just over 300 have died nationwide. That’s about 1 every 2 days throughout our entire nation. And a lot of them had a comorbidity that contributed.

2. It’s rough on 65 and older. This group is approaching 70% vaccination rate nationwide

3. Millions have already had C19 and have a natural immunity to it now

4. We won’t ever be totally safe from anything

5. Big cities are having more murders per month than C19 deaths. Perspective needs to be achieved instead of a lot of fear

6. Doing the same shit we did before that didn’t work and expecting it to work this time is simply dumb

Coach34
07-31-2021, 10:40 PM
I'm all for some things being a "personal choice", but for a select few arenas, there should be a higher call of duty for the greater good....call it altruism, being a good American, doing your public duty, whatever.

I guess I just don't understand the mindset of "well I'm good, my family is good...but **** my neighbors, my fellow parishioners, my fellow State brethren...that's on them". All because taking a vaccine to help expedite the ending of a pandemic (one we've all been affected by) is just too high a hill to climb.

I haven’t gotten the vaccine because I have heart issues now. This year alone the vaccines have caused over 50K instances of myocarditis and other problems. That is an abnormally large number in 7 months. Especially for a virus I have at least a 99.5% chance of surviving. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease

YazooDawg23
07-31-2021, 10:46 PM
I haven?t gotten the vaccine because I have heart issues now. This year alone the vaccines have caused over 50K instances of myocarditis and other problems. That is an abnormally large number in 7 months. Especially for a virus I have at least a 99.5% chance of surviving. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease

Because 600,000 ppl have died from the vaccine right? He?s got a pre existing condition and is anti-vax. Bold move cotton.

Coach34
07-31-2021, 10:49 PM
Because 600,000 ppl have died from the vaccine right? He?s got a pre existing condition and is anti-vax. Bold move cotton.

600K did not die from C19. Hospitals have counted motorcycle wrecks and gunshot wounds as Covid deaths if they test positive because the govt added money to it. The actual number of C19 deaths is probably half that

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 10:51 PM
Here are some things people don?t take into account on all this:

1. This virus is not bad for people 18 and under. In the last 18 months- just over 300 have died nationwide. That?s about 1 every 2 days throughout our entire nation. And a lot of them had a comorbidity that contributed. Those 18 and under kids can still transmit it to vulnerable peeps.

2. It?s rough on 65 and older. This group is approaching 70% vaccination rate nationwide While it's true the elderly have been vaccinated more proportionately than other age groups, they are still at greater risk; so much so, its recommended they get boosters. Plus the vaccination percentages are highly skewed state to state for all age groups. Mississippi, for example has less than 40% with at least 1 dose. Some areas are pulling their weight, while others aren't. And it's dragging us all down.

3. Millions have already had C19 and have a natural immunity to it now This isn't true

4. We won?t ever be totally safe from anything That's why we wear seatbelts in our cars, even though we have airbags, amiright?**

5. Big cities are having more murders per month than C19 deaths. Perspective needs to be achieved instead of a lot of fear Whataboutism?

6. Doing the same shit we did before that didn?t work and expecting it to work this time is simply dumb Lol, wut? We didn't have vaccines readily available for everyone in the country before.

YazooDawg23
07-31-2021, 10:53 PM
Sounds good Qoach. Be sure to summarize Tucker Carlson for us next weekend also.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 10:56 PM
I haven’t gotten the vaccine because I have heart issues now. This year alone the vaccines have caused over 50K instances of myocarditis and other problems. That is an abnormally large number in 7 months. Especially for a virus I have at least a 99.5% chance of surviving. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease

600K did not die from C19. Hospitals have counted motorcycle wrecks and gunshot wounds as Covid deaths if they test positive because the govt added money to it. The actual number of C19 deaths is probably half that

Stop listening to Tucker.

These are both things that have easily been explained/debunked. A cursory review would suffice.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2021, 10:57 PM

I'm surprised you left out "it's all because the Swamp/Deep State wanted to get OrangeManBad".**