PDA

View Full Version : Let's do some brainstorming...

Cowbell
07-31-2021, 08:48 AM
NIL thoughts
Per Cohen, We just wired $700k to the ncaa For their portion of our regional/supers host money. That got me to thinking. We need to figure out a way to let a third party handle as much parking/ticketing/concessions as possible with an agreement (formal or informal) that they use a large portion of proceeds to sponsor players. How could this be done possibly.
Remember - this is new territory for all of us. I just want to see us come up with a creative advantage here.

TrapGame
07-31-2021, 09:34 AM
I hope we hire a sports marketing firm with plenty of legal experience to brainstorm the shit out of the NIL. We need to be all in on this and explore every conceivable way we can make this work in our favor. If we don't get creative the big boys will suck up all the oxygen in the room. We have to find our little niche.

Maroonthirteen
07-31-2021, 09:39 AM
First, can there be some clarification on NIL???.

It is my understanding that NIL is between the player and whomever willing to pay for THE PLAYERS Name Image and Likeness. Therefore the school(s) is not involved with NIL in any way.

There have been a couple of threads suggesting State do this that or the other regarding NIL money. It isn't State's money. It's the players money.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-31-2021, 12:12 PM

It is my understanding that NIL is between the player and whomever willing to pay for THE PLAYERS Name Image and Likeness. Therefore the school(s) is not involved with NIL in any way.

There have been a couple of threads suggesting State do this that or the other regarding NIL money. It isn't State's money. It's the players money.

^^^^This^^^^ but how long before Ole Miss breaks those rules?

CaptainObvious
07-31-2021, 02:42 PM
^^^^This^^^^ but how long before Ole Miss ?circumvents? those rules?

Fixed it for ya.

TheLostDawg
07-31-2021, 02:58 PM
The big boosters are the ones that are going to have to figure this out.

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-31-2021, 04:06 PM

Not disagreeing w you but what happens when the player is sporting an MSU logo? Or introduces themselves as "the Miss State QB"? while getting paid?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-31-2021, 04:25 PM
Not disagreeing w you but what happens when the player is sporting an MSU logo? Or introduces themselves as "the Miss State QB"? while getting paid?

They can't in any advertising.

Cowbell
07-31-2021, 04:56 PM

Reason for the "third party" I mentioned above

BrunswickDawg
08-01-2021, 07:28 AM
They can't in any advertising.

I'd like to see some more info on this. What would prevent our media rights co (Learfield??) from using trademarks etc they have rights to and combining those with player NIL and getting our players on trading cards and an ad for the Louisville Toyota dealer? Or in the new EA NCAA Football video game? I'm genuinely curious - because I've got a feeling lawyers at some schools are way ahead of us on this.