PDA

View Full Version : Rewatched SEC baseball play and NCAA Tournament

Activated Alpha
07-30-2021, 02:00 PM
Just got through watching as the title says and I have to say that the overall work of our national champions was superb. Yes to us every game watchers, we had games where we screamed at the TV. We screamed at Lemonis, at the players, but we just kept winning. A few points I would like to make:

Tanner Allen is an generational talent type player and leader. If he didn't play this year, I don't think we win it all.
Rowdy Jordan, even though he isn't Jake Mangum, played his heart out all year long.
Outside of the Vandy Finals, the most enjoyable game to watch was the last game against Auburn where we just destroyed them.
Most exciting game to watch was the final game against Texas. That game had me on my feet the entire time.
Mac's best game was against Alabama. Outside of the last two games he pitched, he didn't completely melt down. He had games here and there where a walk or HBP got in his head and let things snowball, but overall he competed and he competed well. If he could harness his off speed and clear the cob webs he could be good.
There isn't enough accolades to lay at Sims' feet. Enough said.
Bednar is going to make a lot of money in his career.
Even though we gave him shit all year, Hatcher was all DAWG to ride the bench and be there for his teammates. He came through in the Virginia game when we needed him to and for that I am proud of him.

Plenty of more points to be made, but this was incredible year. Can't wait for what Lemonis has in store for us.

terradawg
07-30-2021, 08:32 PM
Hey Alpha, I agree. My wife and I attended many of the early season Covid attendance restricted games such as the Tulane and Kent State series, the 100% capacity Ole MS series, and a few other SEC games, then to regional super regionals and finally a game at Omaha. was an electric year with some pain and sorrow and supreme joy! Now we are rewatching the dvr recorded games...so much fun, again.

R2Dawg
07-30-2021, 08:48 PM
About mid year I started to see that this team had the pieces to make a serious run. I didn't know we'd win it but to win it all you have to have pitching depth and we had it. Good starters, deep bullpen and best closer in the game. Get any hitting and we were ready to roll. We had our bumps along the way.

I also told my wife mid year that if we made Omaha, we were going (I had never been) but I had a feeling this could be a special year.

What a year and run we had this year. I'm still getting people congratulating me on the Dawgs NC. So cool.

BiscuitEater
07-31-2021, 09:06 AM
Even though we gave him shit all year, Hatcher was all DAWG to ride the bench and be there for his teammates. He came through in the Virginia game when we needed him to and for that I am proud of him.

Great Post!

I too, have been watching the games.. so many memories.

Read the part on Hatcher, and will I didn't post anything negative, I was totally wishing he never read ANY of the 'game threads' on here!

Also thought of Landon Jordan, and difference between him and Hatcher. One is a 'team player, supported his teammates in every way asked, and has a National Championship Ring. Kinda feel sorry for Landon and what he missed out on!

Saltydog
07-31-2021, 11:07 AM
Just got through watching as the title says and I have to say that the overall work of our national champions was superb. Yes to us every game watchers, we had games where we screamed at the TV. We screamed at Lemonis, at the players, but we just kept winning. A few points I would like to make:

Tanner Allen is an generational talent type player and leader. If he didn't play this year, I don't think we win it all.
Rowdy Jordan, even though he isn't Jake Mangum, played his heart out all year long.
Outside of the Vandy Finals, the most enjoyable game to watch was the last game against Auburn where we just destroyed them.
Most exciting game to watch was the final game against Texas. That game had me on my feet the entire time.
Mac's best game was against Alabama. Outside of the last two games he pitched, he didn't completely melt down. He had games here and there where a walk or HBP got in his head and let things snowball, but overall he competed and he competed well. If he could harness his off speed and clear the cob webs he could be good.
There isn't enough accolades to lay at Sims' feet. Enough said.
Bednar is going to make a lot of money in his career.

Plenty of more points to be made, but this was incredible year. Can't wait for what Lemonis has in store for us.

I watched the final UT game and the last two Vandy games last weekend. My wife asked me how many times I was going to watch them. It never gets old.

R2Dawg
08-01-2021, 08:03 PM
I'm watching game 3 again in my shop as I workout each week. I'm at the 7th inning now. Yeah, it never gets old. We were the best team in Omaha. Things will change at the Dude due to this NC, all for the good.

klong-dog
08-01-2021, 09:13 PM
Nice post. I told everyone throughout the year, especially early on, that if we could just get to Omaha, we could do some serious damage. I became skeptical at times, even late in the season (Mizzou, SEC Tourney) and starting pitching woes, but what an unbelievable post season run.