PDA

View Full Version : So will DJ Stewart sign a free agent, go to G-League

CaptainObvious
07-29-2021, 11:57 PM
Or go overseas?

Was he given good advice to sign with an agent and stay in the draft?

Goldendawg
07-30-2021, 12:24 AM
Hope he makes a lot of $, but haven't watched an NBA game in years and don't play to start again. Lebron and his cronies should drop the charade and just move to China anyway. I only watch NFL when Dak is playing although I have always hated Dallas. I will also watch a game with other former State players such as KC and GB. Worried that NIL is also going to make me feel like I'm watching some highly $pon$ered pros on the college level.

TheLostDawg
07-30-2021, 03:07 AM
Hope he makes a lot of $, but haven't watched an NBA game in years and don't play to start again. Lebron and his cronies should drop the charade and just move to China anyway. I only watch NFL when Dak is playing although I have always hated Dallas. I will also watch a game with other former State players such as KC and GB. Worried that NIL is also going to make me feel like I'm watching some highly $pon$ered pros on the college level.

Same.

Also I feel like State has always had this problem especially in football when Dan was here. Everyone always tried to leave a year too early and it hurt them. You look at Dak being the exception and where it might have hurt his draft stock to stay, though likely not-DUI didn't help, it payed dividends when he got the chance on the NFL. He had a long way to go but you can't tell me if he would have left a year early and got that chance he would still be in the same position he is in today. I think it would have definitely taken more time if he would have ever gotten that chance again.

NCMSTFAN
07-30-2021, 04:39 AM
I'm sure DJ will try to sign with a team as an undrafted free agent. Sounds like he got some bad advice.. He is a good kid and represented MSU very well. I hope he can catch a break somewhere.

And I wish nearly every thread didn't turn into some sort of bashing, political, "I don't watch the NBA anymore", "I don't watch the NFL"....the question was about DJ Stewart who isn't affiliated with anything. FYI we also have Q, Woodard and Perry all still playing on NBA rosters

somebodyshotmypaw
07-30-2021, 06:31 AM
Are we sure he won’t get drafted? When is the draft anyway? Maybe he could be a 2nd rounder.

MetEdDawg
07-30-2021, 06:49 AM
Are we sure he won’t get drafted? When is the draft anyway? Maybe he could be a 2nd rounder.

It was last night. So we feel pretty confident he won't get drafted in the second round.

Did see a tweet though that DJ has signed with the Heat as an undrafted free agent.

Quaoarsking
07-30-2021, 06:57 AM
And I wish nearly every thread didn't turn into some sort of bashing, political, "I don't watch the NBA anymore", "I don't watch the NFL"
People love to virtue signal...

KentuckyDawg13
07-30-2021, 07:15 AM
Just like many other former MSU players that tried to go pro early. MSU needs to have a filter (person) to hand them the real truth before players make this mistake, for all sports.

Tbonewannabe
07-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Just like many other former MSU players that tried to go pro early. MSU needs to have a filter (person) to hand them the real truth before players make this mistake, for all sports.

I guess I don't keep up with other teams but does anyone else have as many leave early and not get drafted?

somebodyshotmypaw
07-30-2021, 08:25 AM
It was last night. So we feel pretty confident he won't get drafted in the second round.

Did see a tweet though that DJ has signed with the Heat as an undrafted free agent.

I didn’t realize the draft was last night. Weird to have it during the playoffs, but that’s the NBA for you.

YazooDawg23
07-30-2021, 08:55 AM
Are you even anti-NBA if you don?t tell the whole world about it? No one is going to take away your cool card if you stay out of an NBA thread about a former State player.

Cowboydawg
07-30-2021, 09:26 AM

From what I understand, DJ was advised to stay in school. He still made the decision to leave knowing there was a good chance he would not be drafted.

BiscuitEater
07-30-2021, 09:38 AM
I didn’t realize the draft was last night. Weird to have it during the playoffs, but that’s the NBA for you.

Don't keep up with or watch NBA; BUT at least I knew that the Playoff Finals were done!

Good luck to DJ But he definitely got horrid advice .. unless he is okay NOT getting drafted. All that talk of 'mid 2nd round' was so much hot air!

tcdog70
07-30-2021, 10:18 AM
He will most likely play in Europe and make nice money. He was ready to go.

NCMSTFAN
07-30-2021, 10:49 AM

I see, it happens way too much on this board. This was about DJ and nothing more. He did sign with the Heat so good luck to him!

vv83
07-30-2021, 10:52 AM

What the 17 are you talking about lol

Ifyouonlyknew
07-30-2021, 11:08 AM
DJ coming back to school would've been good for MSU but it wouldn't have changed much for DJ. He wasn't going to be a 1st rd pick next year & 2nd Rd picks contracts aren't guaranteed. DJ would've been 23yrs old by the time the draft rolled around next year. That's like a dinosaur in draft years. He's going to get paid whether G League or Europe. We laugh & ridicule the DJ's & Lamar's for playing overseas but all of your old favorite MSU stars made their careers their. Zimmerman, Bowers, Gordon, Rhodes, Vanardo, etc all made their pro careers over there & did fine. DJ will be the same.

Lord McBuckethead
07-30-2021, 11:15 AM
I'm sure DJ will try to sign with a team as an undrafted free agent. Sounds like he got some bad advice.. He is a good kid and represented MSU very well. I hope he can catch a break somewhere.

And I wish nearly every thread didn't turn into some sort of bashing, political, "I don't watch the NBA anymore", "I don't watch the NFL"....the question was about DJ Stewart who isn't affiliated with anything. FYI we also have Q, Woodard and Perry all still playing on NBA rosters

Mississippi goin Mississippi. Three things are certain in life, death, taxes, and people unpromptedly giving their social opinion off topic.

Lord McBuckethead
07-30-2021, 11:16 AM
Are you even anti-NBA if you don?t tell the whole world about it? No one is going to take away your cool card if you stay out of an NBA thread about a former State player.

Can't help it. They really can't

maroonmania
07-30-2021, 11:28 AM
DJ coming back to school would've been good for MSU but it wouldn't have changed much for DJ. He wasn't going to be a 1st rd pick next year & 2nd Rd picks contracts aren't guaranteed. DJ would've been 23yrs old by the time the draft rolled around next year. That's like a dinosaur in draft years. He's going to get paid whether G League or Europe. We laugh & ridicule the DJ's & Lamar's for playing overseas but all of your old favorite MSU stars made their careers their. Zimmerman, Bowers, Gordon, Rhodes, Vanardo, etc all made their pro careers over there & did fine. DJ will be the same.

He just passed up the chance though to be on a potentially really special MSU basketball team if he had stayed one more year. But I guess that wasn't as important to him as getting out of college now. To each his own. He could have gone to play G League or in Europe anytime and I'm not sold that if he had come back and shown improvement in a couple of areas on a higher profile team that he could not have been an NBA draft pick.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-30-2021, 11:45 AM
Don't keep up with or watch NBA; BUT at least I knew that the Playoff Finals were done!

Good luck to DJ But he definitely got horrid advice .. unless he is okay NOT getting drafted. All that talk of 'mid 2nd round' was so much hot air!

I just googled and realized the playoffs are over. My bad. I don’t pay attention to the NBA anymore. Assumed the playoffs were still happening.

NCMSTFAN
07-30-2021, 12:20 PM
Mississippi goin Mississippi. Three things are certain in life, death, taxes, and people unpromptedly giving their social opinion off topic.

That's funny but so true.

Lord McBuckethead
07-30-2021, 01:42 PM
I will say this, in the world where players can now be paid for pretty much any or no reason what-so-ever by anyone that wants to part with some cash, basketball players and football players that are not drafted shouls be able to return to school. I still do not understand why players have to declare for the draft. Let them all be eligible and if they want to go pro if chosen..... let them. If they don't get picked, well you can just stay in school.

TheLostDawg
07-30-2021, 02:08 PM

Maybe but maybe he could have made some money coming back by doing a commercial or something and then working on a few things that might have helped him get drafted

bulldawg28
07-30-2021, 03:36 PM

You've been watching sponsored pros when you watch any Power 5 team.

bulldawg28
07-30-2021, 03:39 PM

I'm actually starting to believe this. Some people are so entrenched they mentally are bound. Poor souls

Ifyouonlyknew
07-30-2021, 03:57 PM
Maybe but maybe he could have made some money coming back by doing a commercial or something and then working on a few things that might have helped him get drafted

Maybe but that's no guarantee. He's guaranteed to get paid this year.

NWADAWG
07-30-2021, 06:10 PM

I also haven't watched NBA in years. Not really out of protest, just couldn't stand the characters (Lebron and his cronies referred to above). I happened to watch the last 10 minutes of the NBA final game this year. I had no idea who Giannis Antetokounmpo was. The little I've seen of him playing and some of his other comments, this guy seems genuine. He seems to still enjoy the normal stuff and is really thankful to be in this country. It is refreshing. More like him would be good for the NBA.

RougeDawg
07-30-2021, 06:55 PM
Wait? They still have the NBA?

R2Dawg
07-30-2021, 08:53 PM

Boy who is advising our guys? These guys suck just like whoever talked to Josh R. and Bear Wilson. I just don't understand.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-30-2021, 08:54 PM
Boy who is advising our guys? These guys suck just like whoever talked to Josh R. and Bear Wilson. I just don't understand.

Josh Robinson was a mid rd draft pick as a Jr. Josh Robinson would've been a mid rd draft pick as a Sr. He was never going to be a top 2 rd pick. He didn't make a bad decision.

NCMSTFAN
07-31-2021, 09:39 AM

Thats a good question. Woodard got good feedback last year and decided to stay. He ended up getting a 3 year guaranteed deal so it worked out for him. I'm not sure who advised DJ to stay.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-31-2021, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure who advised DJ to stay.

Nobody. He was advised to come back to school by everybody. He decided he was ready to get paid to play basketball.

Joebob
07-31-2021, 04:55 PM
I had no idea who Giannis Antetokounmpo was.

I wouldn't have either, except I saw him on 60 Minutes once. LOL

dawgoneyall
08-01-2021, 09:17 AM

LOL....coming from you that is rich......

dawgoneyall
08-01-2021, 09:29 AM

And you are doing what?????

Some people are just a little too narcissistic.

R2Dawg
08-01-2021, 02:10 PM
Josh Robinson was a mid rd draft pick as a Jr. Josh Robinson would've been a mid rd draft pick as a Sr. He was never going to be a top 2 rd pick. He didn't make a bad decision.

And where is Josh now? He could have finished his degree for one. He got bad advice just like Wilson and so many others. There are not many sure things for leaving early. MSU don't have many.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-01-2021, 03:51 PM
And where is Josh now? He could have finished his degree for one. He got bad advice just like Wilson and so many others. There are not many sure things for leaving early. MSU don't have many.

He finished his degree. He went early & came back & got his degree. Anything else?

Jarius
08-01-2021, 04:54 PM

Well kids that are that type of talent usually don’t make it long term playing basketball and need a degree to fall back on, not to mention what he could possibly make on NIL at State next year considering the type of team we have coming back. It’s obviously his life and we should support his decision but from the outside looking in he didn’t make the traditional choice. He can obviously return and get his degree later though.

Coach34
08-01-2021, 05:34 PM
He just passed up the chance though to be on a potentially really special MSU basketball team if he had stayed one more year. But I guess that wasn't as important to him as getting out of college now.

The transfers coming in was the leading cause of him leaving. He wanted to focus of the team to be around him. Getting the transfers assured that wasnt happening

BB30
08-03-2021, 11:57 AM

Rich coming from you, you make more political posts in a week than Trump tweeted over 4 years and that is saying something.