PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi High School football 2021

William Tecumsah Sherman
07-29-2021, 01:18 PM
Bucky, Coach34?.how will Brandon and Natchez be? Any other coaches chime in. Who will be good this year? I love high school football and Friday nights in the fall. Looking forward to it.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-30-2021, 06:35 AM
I saw where MRA has a nationally televised game on ESPN2.

captaindog
07-30-2021, 08:11 AM
I saw where MRA has a nationally televised game on ESPN2.

MRA has done an excellent job building on its recent success. They have missed in some high profile out of state opponents. Their new quarterback John White is very talented and only a sophomore. Obviously Stone Blanton will get most of the press and deservedly so. However they have some other very good players.

Greenville Christian School is the other school that seems to have come out of nowhere. They also have a high profile game with an out of state team.

William Tecumsah Sherman
07-30-2021, 09:59 AM
Yea. MRA is ramping up to be one of these top prep schools that you see out of state.

CaptainObvious
07-30-2021, 11:36 AM
MRA has done an excellent job building on its recent success. They have missed in some high profile out of state opponents. Their new quarterback John White is very talented and only a sophomore. Obviously Stone Blanton will get most of the press and deservedly so. However they have some other very good players.

Greenville Christian School is the other school that seems to have come out of nowhere. They also have a high profile game with an out of state team.

The reason GCS came out of no where is they got 15 public school transfers from Greenwood High and 4 from Greenville High last year because the Delta public schools cancelled football. And I would bet a $1 to a donut very few of those transfers paid to play at Greenville Christian. A few went back to their public schools but apparently the D1 prospects are staying at GCS to play their final season.

captaindog
07-30-2021, 12:34 PM
The reason GCS came out of no where is they got 15 public school transfers from Greenwood High and 4 from Greenville High last year because the Delta public schools cancelled football. And I would bet a $1 to a donut very few of those transfers paid to play at Greenville Christian. A few went back to their public schools but apparently the D1 prospects are staying at GCS to play their final season.

Yeah they play an unreal out of conference schedule with MRA, Prep, JA, and Collins Hill out of Georgia. I?ll be interested to see if they can maintain fielding that level of a team over the course of a few seasons.

preachermatt83
07-30-2021, 11:38 PM
NWR is VERY VERY VERY you g, but give Devin 3 years and NWR will be better than they’ve ever been. Mark it down

Bdawg
07-31-2021, 08:09 AM

Yeah this is very true. They benefitted on the public school closings, but their is no doubt they are playing some stout opponents. I'm not sure what size school they are, but pretty sure they were single A not long ago and may still be. Not sure how many students they have now.

BuckyIsAB****
07-31-2021, 08:55 AM
We will find out

thedawg
07-31-2021, 08:59 AM
NWR is VERY VERY VERY you g, but give Devin 3 years and NWR will be better than they’ve ever been. Mark it down
U got Devin as a better coach than Toby ?