PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis gets a raise

KOdawg1
07-27-2021, 08:28 AM
$1,250,000 salary with a $25,000 annual bump.

Probably could've gotten more, but I think he wants his assistants to get paid well too.

starkvegasdawg
07-27-2021, 08:32 AM

Probably could've gotten more, but I think he wants his assistants to get paid well too.

He can probably be comfortable in Starkville on 1.25mil/year.

StarkVegasSteve
07-27-2021, 08:40 AM
About right where most thought it would be. Puts him in line with what Manieri was making at LSU and what A&M is paying Schloss. It also makes Tennessee look even dumber for paying Vitello all that money. As I've stated before, that contract looks dumb now, but it's going to look epically bad in 2 years when all of Serrano's talent is gone.

TheLostDawg
07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Chris-Lemonis-Mississippi-State-College-World-Series-champions-John-Cohen--168329948/

Homedawg
07-27-2021, 09:09 AM

Hmmm. I'm shocked that's what he got*****

Homedawg
07-27-2021, 09:10 AM
About right where most thought it would be. Puts him in line with what Manieri was making at LSU and what A&M is paying Schloss. It also makes Tennessee look even dumber for paying Vitello all that money. As I've stated before, that contract looks dumb now, but it's going to look epically bad in 2 years when all of Serrano's talent is gone.

While I agree that UT overpaid him, that don't have what we have as a product either. They had too. Also our assistant pool is higher than theirs

preachermatt83
07-27-2021, 09:51 AM

I agree with this. Vitello caught lightning in a bottle.

preachermatt83
07-27-2021, 09:52 AM

Lol. Couple of us nailed it and very few would listen.

The Federalist Engineer
07-27-2021, 11:37 AM
Lemonis, our National Championship Coach, let that sink in

He's getting paid, for what he did for US, not for what he MIGHT do or what he did some place Else.

It just feels like Lemonis is now in Dynasty Mode and with the Championship safely on the counter, we fans, can rest more easy, trust his processes, and not measure the results on a daily ticker.

Our game threads are permanently changed.

StarkVegasSteve
07-27-2021, 11:55 AM

He's getting paid, for what he did for US, not for what he MIGHT do or what he did some place Else.

It just feels like Lemonis is now in Dynasty Mode and with the Championship safely on the counter, we fans, can rest more easy, trust his processes, and not measure the results on a daily ticker.

Just wait til the first time the shift bites us in the ass.

R2Dawg
07-27-2021, 12:29 PM

I'm with you; we are on the edge of making Dynasty. 3 straight CWS, 5 straight supers both records, Lemo could be baseball Saban in 2-3 years.

Cowbell
07-27-2021, 12:46 PM
Just wait til the first time the shift bites us in the ass.

Or we leave a pitcher in too long.

Or we let a guy hit through the slump...

Lord McBuckethead
07-27-2021, 01:00 PM
He can probably be comfortable in Starkville on 1.25mil/year.

When I was making 1.25 it was pretty comfortable.

Lord McBuckethead
07-27-2021, 01:01 PM
Yeah, game threads goin to Game Thread.

mparkerfd20
07-27-2021, 01:14 PM
This statement is the most important one for creating a dynasty.... "Lemonis' assistant coaching staff is the highest paid baseball staff in the country."

Found that here: https://hailstate.com/news/2021/7/26/baseball-national-coach-of-the-year-lemonis-signs-long-term-contract-extension.aspx

Hot Rock
07-27-2021, 02:14 PM
This statement is the most important one for creating a dynasty.... "Lemonis' assistant coaching staff is the highest paid baseball staff in the country."

Found that here: https://hailstate.com/news/2021/7/26/baseball-national-coach-of-the-year-lemonis-signs-long-term-contract-extension.aspx

I was thinking the same thing. The staff is getting paid as well. Nice job.

The Federalist Engineer
07-27-2021, 03:22 PM
Or we leave a pitcher in too long.

Or we let a guy hit through the slump...

For me, it's changed. The Elephant in the room for MSU baseball has been the Championship. With that monkey off our collective back, we can enjoy baseball even more and not be so triggered by game-by-game events.

This championship was a massive catharsis.

And it was a blow out in Game-2 and Game-3. No doubt that Lemonis trucked Corbin. One coach had two-top 10 draft pick starters and 35 scholarships. The other coach took home the championship.

Todd4State
07-27-2021, 04:30 PM

With the bonuses it's very close to what I thought it would be.

Homedawg
07-27-2021, 04:34 PM
With the bonuses it's very close to what I thought it would be.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. How did I know you were gonna come say that??? I said his base was going to be 1.2 ish . you said the highest paid coach in the country and near 1.6 at least. You and I both weren't including bonuses. I didn't come here to throw it in your face but don't start acting like you were right. You weren't even close. Hell, his last contract was close to 1.6 w bonuses. And with bonuses, this one is way above 1.6. Whatever.

Todd4State
07-27-2021, 04:36 PM
For me, it's changed. The Elephant in the room for MSU baseball has been the Championship. With that monkey off our collective back, we can enjoy baseball even more and not be so triggered by game-by-game events.

This championship was a massive catharsis.

And it was a blow out in Game-2 and Game-3. No doubt that Lemonis trucked Corbin. One coach had two-top 10 draft pick starters and 35 scholarships. The other coach took home the championship.

Based on how Alabama fans react on game day I suspect our game day threads won't change much.

Winning a National Championship is a weight off of every MSU fan's shoulders. And we'll see if the NIL agreement becomes our Vandy scholarship advantage or not.

What's exciting to me is Lemonis has done this without "his" players- which means we are probably going to get better. Also, unlike Ray Tanner he's not in year 10+ at MSU and just now enjoying the fruits of his labor. I think he is a coach that is hungry for more. And knows how to delegate to others. Which gives us the flexibility to hire the very best pitching and hitting coach available. Plus I think the way we have built our program is more sustainable than 1990's LSU or even Vanderbilt now where they're one rule change away from the party being over.

There's no way to know what the future holds, but I do think we have a chance to be the absolute premiere college baseball program in the country. And honestly while I'm certainly biased about this- I don't any fans deserve it more than MSU.

Todd4State
07-27-2021, 04:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA. How did I know you were gonna come say that??? I said his base was going to be 1.2 ish . you said the highest paid coach in the country and near 1.6 at least. You and I both weren't including bonuses. I didn't come here to throw it in your face but don't start acting like you were right. You weren't even close. Hell, his last contract was close to 1.6 w bonuses. And with bonuses, this one is way above 1.6. Whatever.

OK. I said I was "close" but technically you said very firmly 1.2 with no mentions of any bonuses at all and it turned out to be 1.25 base salary without any bonuses that were reported included so technically you were equally "wrong" as well.

But yes, whatever. Go have a beer. At the end of the day we have a coach that will be the highest paid in baseball within the next five years with another National Championship and rightfully so.

Turfdawg67
07-27-2021, 04:59 PM
OK. I said I was "close" but technically you said very firmly 1.2 with no mentions of any bonuses at all and it turned out to be 1.25 base salary without any bonuses that were reported included so technically you were equally "wrong" as well.

But yes, whatever. Go have a beer. At the end of the day we have a coach that will be the highest paid in baseball within the next five years with another National Championship and rightfully so.

But he was RIGHT dammit! Pay attention to him!

Turfdawg67
07-27-2021, 05:02 PM
I'm with you; we are on the edge of making Dynasty. 3 straight CWS, 5 straight supers both records, Lemo could be baseball Saban in 2-3 years.

Saban is an anomaly. The amount of dedication after so much success is rare. It's pretty common to rest on your laurels after achieving success. But let's hope he has the drive and desire to win 2-3 more... at least!

The Federalist Engineer
07-27-2021, 05:27 PM
Bama football fans cannot be compared to MSU baseball fans. We prolly have our fair share of nut jobs, but Harvey Updikes, Brian Downing, Collette Connell and Adrian Laroze Briskey are uniquely Bama and Oklahoma personalities (you will see). There are probably 100s of Texas corpses in shallow graves in Oklahoma.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/texas-football-fan-nearly-castrated-in-bar-fight-in-oklahoma-bar

Like Kyle Peterson said, we are now the post Championship Boston Red Sox. We won't play with fear of Indian Curses, Genes Ankle, Losing to a shity lefty on a career night, or facing a slew of MLB aces

Just this year- we survived Red Hot Notre Dame, Griff McGarrity's career night, McLeods meltdown, Kumar's biggest game, and broke Cole Quintannia's dominance. This team refused to be victimized by a Bobby Dalbec, there was always a counter punch.

Todd4State
07-27-2021, 05:44 PM
But he was RIGHT dammit! Pay attention to him!

I never really even questioned his info or said he was wrong to start with. I originally believe I said I would be surprised if his salary was 1.2 and that the reason it wasn't announced at the time was they were still negotiating.

I believe he was correct and MSU offered Lemonis 1.2 million. I also believe that Lemonis saw what Vitello was paid and countered with something like 1.4 or 1.5. Cohen and MSU probably came up with the 1.25 plus bonuses which amount to about 1.35 million if my math is right. And I think that MSU did well here because it's performance based. Meaning he is going to have to either pull a Cann incident or a 2015 season to not get the bonus so it's really a formality. And by announcing the "reduced" salary so that we can pay our assistants hire it demonstrates program stability and it makes them more difficult to be poached by other programs.

All sides won here.

Todd4State
07-27-2021, 05:46 PM
Bama football fans cannot be compared to MSU baseball fans. We prolly have our fair share of nut jobs, but Harvey Updikes, Brian Downing, Collette Connell and Adrian Laroze Briskey are uniquely Bama and Oklahoma personalities (you will see). There are probably 100s of Texas corpses in shallow graves in Oklahoma.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/texas-football-fan-nearly-castrated-in-bar-fight-in-oklahoma-bar

Like Kyle Peterson said, we are now the post Championship Boston Red Sox. We won't play with fear of Indian Curses, Genes Ankle, Losing to a shity lefty on a career night, or facing a slew of MLB aces

Just this year- we survived Red Hot Notre Dame, Griff McGarrity's career night, McLeods meltdown, Kumar's biggest game, and broke Cole Quintannia's dominance. This team refused to be victimized by a Bobby Dalbec, there was always a counter punch.

They've been at this longer than us.**

Also they're going to have a larger sidewalk element who I would believe is the vast majority of "fans" that do these harmful acts to others.

TheLostDawg
07-28-2021, 04:12 PM
I never really even questioned his info or said he was wrong to start with. I originally believe I said I would be surprised if his salary was 1.2 and that the reason it wasn't announced at the time was they were still negotiating.

I believe he was correct and MSU offered Lemonis 1.2 million. I also believe that Lemonis saw what Vitello was paid and countered with something like 1.4 or 1.5. Cohen and MSU probably came up with the 1.25 plus bonuses which amount to about 1.35 million if my math is right. And I think that MSU did well here because it's performance based. Meaning he is going to have to either pull a Cann incident or a 2015 season to not get the bonus so it's really a formality. And by announcing the "reduced" salary so that we can pay our assistants hire it demonstrates program stability and it makes them more difficult to be poached by other programs.

All sides won here.

Yes better to get paid a little less each year and coach longer (ultimately making more) because you are able to have and keep the top assistance.

Todd4State
07-29-2021, 07:00 AM
Yes better to get paid a little less each year and coach longer (ultimately making more) because you are able to have and keep the top assistance.

Lemonis is going to do very well if he is around as long as I think he will be. College baseball coaches will stay in a place for awhile if they are successful a lot of times. 1.2+ million a year x 10-20 years is doing really well.

TheLostDawg
07-29-2021, 08:20 AM
If only we would do away with State income tax like Florida and Texas. Would help (certainly not hurt) keeping coaches

BB30
07-29-2021, 01:48 PM

For game threads to change that would mean the fans that comment in those threads would have to change and that just isn't realistic. These are the same guys that act surprised and pissed that Alabama beat us again and that we would win every game if we just had a different coach or if they were the coach. Most of which probably didn't play baseball, football, or basketball past high school.