PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Football Mags

R2Dawg
07-24-2021, 07:25 PM
I don't buy these but was waiting in Walmart getting tires for my daughter's car and killing time decided to take a look.

I don't remember which one had which (Athlons or Lindys) but they are a complete joke. All SEC 3 teams worth. One had Charles Cross 1st team SEC, other had him on nothing. One had Jaden Walley 3rd team, other nothing. Same with Emerson on one and not other. Forbes not even sniffed on either. Brule or Crumedy either. Crumedy will make an All SEC team, wait and see. He is a stud on the line.

They had our secondary ranked 8th in conf. A joke as well. Of course Bama players who have never played a down are all at top of every spot. There is absolutely no value in these preseason mags.

TheLostDawg
07-24-2021, 07:58 PM
I don't buy these but was waiting in Walmart getting tires for my daughter's car and killing time decided to take a look.

I don't remember which one had which (Athlons or Lindys) but they are a complete joke. All SEC 3 teams worth. One had Charles Cross 1st team SEC, other had him on nothing. One had Jaden Walley 3rd team, other nothing. Same with Emerson on one and not other. Forbes not even sniffed on either. Brule or Crumedy either. Crumedy will make an All SEC team, wait and see. He is a stud on the line.

They had our secondary ranked 8th in conf. A joke as well. Of course Bama players who have never played a down are all at top of every spot. There is absolutely no value in these preseason mags.

Yeah but good to fire our guys up.

msudawg1200
07-24-2021, 08:11 PM
These magazines are made to sell to the larger fanbases(Bama, UGa, LSU, UF, etc). That's why they cater to them. Take it all with a grain of salt.

R2Dawg
07-24-2021, 08:14 PM
These magazines are made to sell to the larger fanbases(Bama, UGa, LSU, UF, etc). That's why they cater to them. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Oh, I understand that. I don't buy them. Just shows how pathetic media is.

Offshore Dawg
07-25-2021, 09:57 AM
Oh, I understand that. I don't buy them. Just shows how pathetic media is.

It is about making money, when has any media source been required to tell the truth.

Homedawg
07-25-2021, 01:05 PM
While I won't argue the point of selling magazines, as a rule, those teams mentioned have a lot more better players than we do. So there's that. It's not always a conspiracy theory

R2Dawg
07-25-2021, 02:56 PM
While I won't argue the point of selling magazines, as a rule, those teams mentioned have a lot more better players than we do. So there's that. It's not always a conspiracy theory

Didn't say conspiracy but they just bandwagon what they want. It is lazy reporting. Forbes was a freshman All American for goodness sakes and he doesn't even get a sniff for 3rd team? Emerson is a known lock down CB and no mention on one? And our DBs were ranked 8th? Crumedy was very good and dominant. Cross did get on first team on one and no mention on another.

I don't know the motives but incompetent at best, lazy maybe and conspiring is yes an option. Motive - sell mags to bluebloods who want to read overblown stuff on their team.