PDA

View Full Version : Things might get real interesting....

Cowbell
07-23-2021, 11:37 PM
https://www.si.com/college/tamu/news/texas-a-m-board-of-regents-to-meet-to-discuss-potential-seismic-sec-shift-report?fbclid=IwAR2Pknt9wJEDwDh4_ZW6JyilIq3hTgPfX6 3Mb-tyfBxPGd5nl9IibXNHAAM

This after the SEC reportedly left A&M out of discussions. Regardless, Bjork loves the stage.

Quaoarsking
07-24-2021, 12:31 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/de/9e/38de9ea933036b54871fe1fe61cc87c0.gif

Lord McBuckethead
07-24-2021, 01:05 AM
aTm is scared. They love their advantage.

Todd4State
07-24-2021, 01:10 AM
When the rubber meets the road A&M will either choose to stay or go. I'm 99% sure they will stay.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-24-2021, 06:06 AM
So who does the SEC replace A&M with?

Hambone
07-24-2021, 06:12 AM
Louisville? Florida State?

Maroonthirteen
07-24-2021, 10:13 AM
If the Nedermiers left the conference, I would be happy.

We don't need a little brother copying our style in conference.

Bothrops
07-24-2021, 10:21 AM
So who does the SEC replace A&M with?

I would go east if that happened.

basedog
07-24-2021, 12:29 PM
No way Aggies bolt the SEC.

TheLostDawg
07-24-2021, 08:44 PM
We need TAMU to stay to keep Texas in line. However I wouldn't be upset added FSU but I don't think that would happen as the "gentleman agreement" between Florida SC and Georgia would block it.

TAMU will never live this down no matter the outcome.

Quaoarsking
07-24-2021, 09:07 PM
We need TAMU to stay to keep Texas in line. However I wouldn't be upset added FSU but I don't think that would happen as the "gentleman agreement" between Florida SC and Georgia would block it.

TAMU will never live this down no matter the outcome.

The Gentleman's Agreement is dead. The SEC will absorb every good football program and academically prestigious state school in the Southeast (assuming the Big 10 doesn't raid the ACC first).

ZedFedder
07-24-2021, 09:20 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/1419036206009135104

Jack Lambert
07-24-2021, 11:08 PM
I think they will leave. They hate Texas and had to lick thier boots for a long time. They broke away and I think they like not having anything to do with them. It's not about money to them. In 2019 they had a 29 billion endowment. They got money and no matter what conference they end up in they have boosters and alumni with very very deep pockets. They will tell the SEC to kiss thier ass. They could now go back to the Big 12 and have a clear path to the playoff. We can't think like Miss State. They got money money money.

Todd4State
07-24-2021, 11:53 PM
I think they will leave. They hate Texas and had to lick thier boots for a long time. They broke away and I think they like not having anything to do with them. It's not about money to them. In 2019 they had a 29 billion endowment. They got money and no matter what conference they end up in they have boosters and alumni with very very deep pockets. They will tell the SEC to kiss thier ass. They could now go back to the Big 12 and have a clear path to the playoff. We can't think like Miss State. They got money money money.

They're not going to make the same mistake Georgia Tech made. There's too much money at stake. The Big 12 probably won't even exist three years from now.

ZedFedder
07-25-2021, 07:23 AM
The president said they weren’t leaving in the tweet a few posts above.

bulldawg28
07-25-2021, 08:00 AM
Texas can stay. Bring on Oklahoma

Jack Lambert
07-25-2021, 08:06 AM
They're not going to make the same mistake Georgia Tech made. There's too much money at stake. The Big 12 probably won't even exist three years from now.

I am going to disagree. They only reason they left the Big 12 was to get rid of Texas. They have money money money and boosters who will keep on donating. It might come down to which TX school the SEC wants. Their AD would not be out bitching like he is if the money men were not pushing him into it. They are an attractive catch for the PAC 12 or Big 10. I think A$M are holding the cards. They might cave in the end and would not be surprise but those are some Bat Shit Pine Sol drinking Crazies people.

confucius say
07-25-2021, 08:38 AM
When the rubber meets the road A&M will either choose to stay or go. I'm 99% sure they will stay.

100%

TheLostDawg
07-25-2021, 09:47 AM
I am going to disagree. They only reason they left the Big 12 was to get rid of Texas. They have money money money and boosters who will keep on donating. It might come down to which TX school the SEC wants. Their AD would not be out bitching like he is if the money men were not pushing him into it. They are an attractive catch for the PAC 12 or Big 10. I think A$M are holding the cards. They might cave in the end and would not be surprise but those are some Bat Shit Pine Sol drinking Crazies people.

Probably making sure they don't end up in the same pod as Texas Oklahoma. Wouldn't be surprised if they put LSU in instead of TAMU or Arkansas.

The Federalist Engineer
07-25-2021, 09:59 AM
Why Oklahoma? Why?

Another Arkansas? Why

Just Texas and get an eastern school

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-25-2021, 01:31 PM
A&M didn't leave "just to get away from Texas", they also left because the SEC was and even moreso is now THE best athletic conference. They can recruit significantly better classes here, because big recruits want to play vs the best on the biggest stages imaginable.

Seriously, money can't really solve that, other schools also have money. Whatever NIL deals A&M can offer can be matched by Texas, LSU, Clemson etc. Look not at endowments or fanbase size, but boosters that care about football. UGA may be poorer but their boosters would find a way to make comparable offers if that's what it took to be good at football, it's all they care about.

Anyway, if A&M is offering you 900k a year to come play Baylor, OK State, and TCU, and Texas/OU/LSU/Bama/UGA/etc is offering you 800k to play 5 top 10 games a year with massive crowds, TV audiences, national relevance, and prove your worth vs the top NFL prospects... which offer would you take?

A&M will never leave the SEC. They'd go from #5 classes to #10 (at best) instantly, which is such a big gap they'd never win a Natty

BiscuitEater
07-25-2021, 01:33 PM
No way Aggies bolt the SEC.

Many at A&M adamant that they be the ONLY team in the SEC!

SilentSteel16
07-25-2021, 02:12 PM
SEC is also talking to Ohio State and Michigan …. Just think about that 20 team conference ……

TheLostDawg
07-25-2021, 05:32 PM
SEC is also talking to Ohio State and Michigan …. Just think about that 20 team conference ……

As well as Notre Dame. **

TheLostDawg
07-25-2021, 05:35 PM
I wish they'd go ahead and add Oklahoma state and West Virginia to the mix. (or NC State if possible)

Dawg2003
07-25-2021, 05:49 PM
I just don't want this to mess up the other sports. Like we aren't going to win a natty or even be competitive in college football most years, but I don't want this to eff up baseball or basketball for that matter.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-25-2021, 06:01 PM
I just don't want this to mess up the other sports. Like we aren't going to win a natty or even be competitive in college football most years, but I don't want this to eff up baseball or basketball for that matter.

I don't know how it would. Our main competition is SEC, so the increased TV money won't affect much there. In fact it might help us, because while the extra $20M a year or whatever it will be would increase say, TNs budget by say18%, it would increase ours by 30% or whatever, and we'd get more bang for our buck than they would.

The extra money will also help us separate from non SEC teams. Arizona, Virginia, etc. Overall I don't think this affects Baseball much at all.

It might help us in basketball though, by giving us the cash to finally fix the Hump, or pay Howlands successor big money

TheLostDawg
07-25-2021, 06:11 PM
The extra money will also help us separate from non SEC teams. Arizona, Virginia, etc. Overall I don't think this affects Baseball much at all.

It might help us in basketball though, by giving us the cash to finally fix the Hump, or pay Howlands successor big money

This

TheLostDawg
07-25-2021, 06:19 PM
https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-realignment-West-Virginia-ACC-Notre-Dame-athletic-director-Jack-Swarbrick-168244723/

West Virginia talking about leaving if Texas, OU leave as have Iowa state and Kansas?
Might as well start on taking over NCAA as now is the time. Take Oklahoma state and see about WVU now. Maybe reach out to two others and have pods of 5. Think about the money that would bring and power

Dawg2003
07-25-2021, 07:04 PM
I don't know how it would. Our main competition is SEC, so the increased TV money won't affect much there. In fact it might help us, because while the extra $20M a year or whatever it will be would increase say, TNs budget by say18%, it would increase ours by 30% or whatever, and we'd get more bang for our buck than they would.

I was thinking more along the lines of a super conference being formed and us being left out. Would it be a super conference for all sports or just football?