PDA

View Full Version : Per Bret McMurphy on twitter.

starkvegasdawg
07-22-2021, 06:37 PM
Oklahoma and Texas officials are not currently on the Big 12 call w/league ADs & CEO?s, sources told @Stadium. Perhaps another sign, OU & Texas have decided to leave for SEC

msstate7
07-22-2021, 07:10 PM
Man, we gonna cash some big checks, but take a pounding on Saturdays

DownwardDawg
07-22-2021, 07:16 PM

Yep. And we need to invest it all in baseball

OLJWales
07-22-2021, 07:18 PM

starkvegasdawg
07-22-2021, 07:22 PM

Sounds like an Ole miss sorority girl.

TrapGame
07-22-2021, 07:34 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/hvq8ONQhQ1XLq/giphy.gif

TheLostDawg
07-22-2021, 07:38 PM

++

KOdawg1
07-22-2021, 08:37 PM
Gah damn I just spewed sweet tea all over my national championship t-shirt

confucius say
07-22-2021, 08:48 PM

Meh, I doubt it moves the needle for our overall record. It's not like we will play both of them every year while keeping bama, LSU, auburn, and Aggie too.

confucius say
07-22-2021, 08:48 PM
How do we want to set up this 16 team conference?

4 divisions of 4?
2 divisions of 8?
Or no divisions at all?

msstate7
07-22-2021, 08:51 PM
Meh, I doubt it moves the needle for our overall record. It's not like we will play both of them every year while keeping bama, LSU, auburn, and Aggie too.

I think it's just gonna kill any chance of ever making Atlanta. We need down years by the big boys to have a shot, and now you have even more big boys... not all are gonna be down at same time

Quaoarsking
07-22-2021, 09:03 PM
How do we want to set up this 16 team conference?

4 divisions of 4?
2 divisions of 8?
Or no divisions at all?

I prefer no divisions (3 permanent, 6 rotating), but I bet they do 2 divisions of 8, since Alabama/Auburn to the East gives a good geographic and competitive balance and keeps the rivalries together.

Ari Gold
07-22-2021, 09:15 PM
come on

WEST
Missouri
Texas
Oklahoma
Am
LSU
Arky
State
OM

EAST
Bama
Aub
UGA
Tenn
Cocks
Fla
Vandy
UK

This keeps the stupid Tenn / Bama game and Aub / UGA game

9 game sec schedule ( a home and away with cross division teams )

Quaoarsking
07-22-2021, 09:29 PM
come on

WEST
Missouri
Texas
Oklahoma
Am
LSU
Arky
State
OM

EAST
Bama
Aub
UGA
Tenn
Cocks
Fla
Vandy
UK

So easy to do, and the divisions are well balanced.

msstate7
07-22-2021, 09:37 PM
I doubt they split lsu and bama. That's a huge money game

Lord McBuckethead
07-22-2021, 09:37 PM
I think it's just gonna kill any chance of ever making Atlanta. We need down years by the big boys to have a shot, and now you have even more big boys... not all are gonna be down at same time

What it does is gives two state schools on Texas for Texas players to play for in the SEC, which hurts us. It also gives a another State with only one SEC school, that recruits Texas heavy, which hurts us again. So, right now we have to catch Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and aTm on a down year for us to make it. Add OU or TX to the west and we will no longer be able to make it, unless we somehow destroy Ole Miss in recruiting for like 8 years in a row to make it.

msstate7
07-22-2021, 09:40 PM
Forget that it hurts us, this would make sec football unbelievable. We're basically a non-factor in football anyway, so I won't be upset that the overall product will be fantastic

Lord McBuckethead
07-22-2021, 09:47 PM
come on

WEST
Missouri
Texas
Oklahoma
Am
LSU
Arky
State
OM

EAST
Bama
Aub
UGA
Tenn
Cocks
Fla
Vandy
UK

Well it would be nice to reorganize the damn east and west by damn geographical location. Who cares about traditional cross division games.

FriarsPoint
07-22-2021, 10:03 PM
Bookmark this

There are too many egotistical, asshole, rednecks gathered together in one place for this to be anything more than less than enjoyable.

I heartily wait for the imminent collapse.

Cowbell
07-22-2021, 10:07 PM
To my knowledge, this will take a 75% vote and I don't see that happening.

Captain Falcon
07-22-2021, 10:12 PM

It will get approved. Too much money at stake. Cannot see these schools willingly turning down millions of dollars in extra revenue on a yearly basis.

TaleofTwoDogs
07-22-2021, 10:29 PM
Forget that it hurts us, this would make sec football unbelievable. We're basically a non-factor in football anyway, so I won't be upset that the overall product will be fantastic

Are you a SEC fan or a Miss. State fan? How in god's name is this going to be enjoyable for us. I watch for Mississippi State football not OU or Texas football. How is adding Alabama level competition going to make watching MSU football more enjoyable? Sure we are have a very low chance of winning a natty in football but at least there was a bit of hope that kept the fires burning in our guts. With this alignment that hope is pretty much a dead deal.

msstate7
07-22-2021, 10:39 PM
Are you a SEC fan or a Miss. State fan? .

I'm both.

We had probably our best coach ever with the Dallas Cowboys starting qb snd multiple nfl guys with a down sec west one 2014, and we still couldn't get it done. With or without Oklahoma and texas, we aren't winning the west any time in the foreseeable future

Quaoarsking
07-22-2021, 10:48 PM

There's no way it would be getting this much talk if it weren't already a done deal. It's going to be really embarrassing for all of the SEC, Oklahoma, and Texas if this somehow gets derailed, and they would be already spinning and denying it if failure was a possibility.

FriarsPoint
07-23-2021, 12:13 AM
There's no way it would be getting this much talk if it weren't already a done deal. It's going to be really embarrassing for all of the SEC, Oklahoma, and Texas if this somehow gets derailed, and they would be already spinning and denying it if failure was a possibility.

Man finally has what he wants. Caesar rules all.

Commercecomet24
07-23-2021, 12:36 AM

11 of the 14 schools would have to be in. 78.6%

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-23-2021, 05:26 AM
11 of the 14 schools would have to be in. 78.6%

A&M is a hard no, I could see Arky (they benefit in recruiting from the lack of SEC Texas teams), and maybe Missouri saying no.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-23-2021, 06:29 AM
At least we have a 20-30% chance of beating Texas or Oklahoma in a given year. We have 0% chance of beating Bama.

msstate7
07-23-2021, 06:36 AM

Yeah, sec will twist arms to get what they want.

The return of aTm vs Texas as an SEC game would be pretty awesome

msstate7
07-23-2021, 06:37 AM
The sec could add FSU and Clemson after this, and basically tell the ncaa to F off any time there's a rule it doesn't like.

Jack Lambert
07-23-2021, 07:47 AM

Personally I would rather face OU and TX than Alabama every year.

msstate7
07-23-2021, 07:53 AM
Personally I would rather face OU and TX than Alabama every year.

Well, we'd most likely face all 3

basedog
07-23-2021, 07:56 AM
Damn some of the folks bitching about gaining two power houses to the Sec, what the hell y'all want, join a conference with Tulane, S Ala, Tulane, La Tech......

It's all good, Msu will survive.

Cowbell
07-23-2021, 08:28 AM
Damn some of the folks bitching about gaining two power houses to the Sec, what the hell y'all want, join a conference with Tulane, S Ala, Tulane, La Tech......

It's all good, Msu will survive.

Base, you would change your tune if you lived in Big 12 country.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-23-2021, 08:38 AM

DAMN! Just when we were getting close to Atlanta, this happ......Oh wait.

Jack Lambert
07-23-2021, 08:54 AM
Well, we'd most likely face all 3

Not every year. We would probably get one of them each year but UT has not impressed me. I would play them every year. I figure we would end up not playing any of the three one year but pick up GA that year.

BrunswickDawg
07-23-2021, 09:16 AM
come on

WEST
Missouri
Texas
Oklahoma
Am
LSU
Arky
State
OM

EAST
Bama
Aub
UGA
Tenn
Cocks
Fla
Vandy
UK

I think this would be a much more competitive set up for us than what we have now in the West. Everyone thought the "sleeping giant of A&M" was going to kill us forever in the West, and we are 4-5 against them since they joined.
Texas is Texas - the perpetual let down. They have been that way since the early 1980s and need an Elite coach to make them anything else. Thankfully, they tend not to hire elite coaches.
Oklahoma has been feasting on terrible B12 teams for 2 decades - and still typically lose a game or two to the Kansas States of the league - which means they are beatable. Put thru an SEC meat grinder and they will be about like Auburn.
Honestly, I think a west with these teams would be a lot like the West in the 1990s - when anyone not named Ole Miss could win it.

FISHDAWG
07-23-2021, 09:19 AM

very well played Stark

shoeless joe
07-23-2021, 09:23 AM
Yeah I don’t get the fear some have of this. I personally prefer the old days of pre expansion, BUT the times they are a changing and being on the forefront of major change instead of reacting to it is most likely the best way to go.

We are still a baseball power with this, we are still a football also ran. So not much will change.

FISHDAWG
07-23-2021, 09:26 AM

It's way more than that ... The last time this kind of talk came around, the State legislature of Oklahoma shut it down and declared UO & OK State will remain in the same conference ... it would actually take an act of legislature for this to happen. Maybe the true reality would be UO & OK State coming in to the conference.... screw Texas and their entitled believing selves

StarkVegasSteve
07-23-2021, 10:11 AM
Are you a SEC fan or a Miss. State fan? How in god's name is this going to be enjoyable for us. I watch for Mississippi State football not OU or Texas football. How is adding Alabama level competition going to make watching MSU football more enjoyable? Sure we are have a very low chance of winning a natty in football but at least there was a bit of hope that kept the fires burning in our guts. With this alignment that hope is pretty much a dead deal.

Texas hasn't been at Bama levels since Fred Akers was roaming the sidelines. Is Oklahoma good? Yes. But are they unbeatable like Bama? No. Also these teams are going to have to completely retool their recruiting strategies. They can't just outscore people anymore. I think people forget that it took an uber generational talent in Manziel for A&M not to struggle in the West. Bring em on, because we have one of the two coaches that strike fear into OU and TX fans.....The 17 Pirate. The other is Saban if you were wondering.

Ari Gold
07-23-2021, 01:04 PM
Give me Mizzou every year
And I will gladly trade Bama and Aub for Texas and OU.. any and everyday

And have no permanent cross division opponents.. go home and away and rotate different teams
And play a 9 game SEC schedule

This is so easy it won?t get done..

CaptainObvious
07-23-2021, 02:24 PM
LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss from the West, Alabama permanent from the East. And rotation of the other 7 East teams in a 9 game schedule.

Percho
07-23-2021, 02:52 PM
Be a good time to cut total scholarships to 70 but would still need to do something about NIL relative to players on a team over 70. Ie walk on by NIL.

SPMT
07-23-2021, 03:17 PM

Yeah. Texas sucks ass. Oklahoma has their years. 17 em. Plus we will never win SEC champ in football.

BulldogBear
07-23-2021, 03:31 PM
My thoughts. We all know TAMU will be a hard no. UPig will be also. In many ways, this move negates the reasons they both came to the SEC at all

Mizzou is intriguing. I don't know that football is a big enough deal to them to worry about negative consequences. Also, they'll have a more realistic schedule and brings back the OU game.

That means only 1 or 2 (if Mizzou votes yes) Nays will be needed. Not sure that'll be that hard to get.

As far as fear or UT and TAMU combo goes....are y'all serious? They will dilute each other. TAMU still, after all these years has a Big 12 mindset. Listen to their radio shows. Now there will be two TX schools, plus OU also, that overly rely on the overrated Texas HS football system for the majority of their players.

I think our needle, if it moves at all, will get a little better. It's hard to tell so early in all the NIL stuff. Schools like us need to concentrate on 3 stars and diamonds in the rough. Our overall win total per half decade will likely rise by a few, but ATL is a worse pipedream than ever.

bulldawg28
07-24-2021, 08:52 AM
Give me Mizzou every year
And I will gladly trade Bama and Aub for Texas and OU.. any and everyday

And have no permanent cross division opponents.. go home and away and rotate different teams
And play a 9 game SEC schedule

This is so easy it won?t get done..

100000% agreement.

Saltydog
07-24-2021, 09:04 AM
I don?t care what anyone says, this won?t benefit us as far as actual on field results go and that?s all I care about. Put UT in and see what their recruiting will turn into. They know it too and that?s why they want in. We just get knocked two more rungs down the ladder. If you think this benefits us you?re simply kidding yourself.

Offshore Dawg
07-24-2021, 09:39 AM

This if you're thinking realistic.

TheLostDawg
07-24-2021, 12:04 PM
This if you're thinking realistic.

And about $$$