PDA

View Full Version : Here we go- didn?t take long

Coach34
07-22-2021, 01:43 PM
https://www.espn.com/high-school/story/_/id/31861613/mikey-williams-signs-excel-sports-nil-deal-expected-generate-millions-high-school-basketball-star

BB30
07-22-2021, 01:51 PM
Cat is out of the bag now and there will be no way to put it back in. I am torn on the issue but this will be the death of college sports as we have known it. Time will tell if it ends up being a good or bad thing but it will definitely be different.

Gutter Cobreh
07-22-2021, 01:58 PM
Kid has 5 million followers on social media. He was going to get paid one way or another, it was just a matter of time.

What we should all want is for dollars like this to flow in, since this company isn't tied to a particular school. This kid, with this endorsement, will probably go HBCU for a year or two - then go pro. The blue bloods, with their under the table endorsements, would have in the past convinced him to come play for them.

FriarsPoint
07-22-2021, 02:04 PM
How the f does some high school kid have 5 million people on the planet that give two ***** about what he does?

Good Lord.

OLJWales
07-22-2021, 02:13 PM
Welp, Howland better make this year count I reckon.

basedog
07-22-2021, 02:41 PM
Yep basketball is and always has been a dirty sport that has been paying $$$$$ for a long time. Man I never will forget a recruiting trip I took to a Mississippi Kids house way back when and a brand new Cadillac was sitting in the this old dirt drive way and the house was a "shotgun one light bulb" house if you catch my drift. This kid also got a new ride when he attended the University of his choice. True story. That was 1979-80 year.

MadDawg
07-22-2021, 02:58 PM
How the f does some high school kid have 5 million people on the planet that give two ***** about what he does?

Good Lord.

We have a very, very sick culture.

Cowbell
07-22-2021, 03:10 PM

Fact

BB30
07-22-2021, 04:30 PM

Good Lord.

Because 18 year olds are glued to their phone 24/7 365. Go to a restaurant now and everyone in there is on their phone instead of living life. Parents sitting at playgrounds on their phones instead of spending time with their kids. Smart phones while great and convenient(I myself spend too much time on it) are probably going to be looked back at as a very interesting experiment, and one that will probably cause a lot of mental health problems down the road.

parabrave
07-22-2021, 04:34 PM

Good Lord.

If you have a teen Daughter try getting her to stop taking selfies all day!

OLJWales
07-22-2021, 04:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avh3l1K8xmA

parabrave
07-22-2021, 05:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avh3l1K8xmA

So True. In the year 2525

OLJWales
07-22-2021, 05:11 PM
So True. In the year 2525

Are you totally void of a sense of humor?

shoeless joe
07-22-2021, 05:22 PM
Will be interesting how his actual playing career will unfold.

Turfdawg67
07-22-2021, 05:30 PM

Are you speaking of all the old people on message boards complaining about anything and everything under the sun?? Yes, agreed!

FriarsPoint
07-22-2021, 06:26 PM

I?ve got 6 years until that hits. God help me.

starkvegasdawg
07-22-2021, 06:47 PM

All I see of mine is above the bridge of her nose any more. The rest of her face is blocked by her phone. Could have saved a shit load of money on braces.

OLJWales
07-22-2021, 06:50 PM
Are you speaking of all the old people on message boards complaining about anything and everything under the sun?? Yes, agreed!

We don't like policies that have produced neighborhoods more dangerous than Baghdad.

We would prefer black out of wedlock Births be similar to whites like they were prior to 1960 and reject policies that have widened that gap by margins only a dumbass would be okay with.

How much money did Greenwood spend on my parent's education in the 50's? What has happened to the ROI? Why do we scream for more money? Is this not worth bitching about?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

NCMSTFAN
07-23-2021, 07:58 AM
Mikey Williams has been popular for years, he has had NBA players and coaches come watch him, this case is a little different. If you follow high school basketball he has been destroying competition since the 9th grade and had his own t.v. show on Overtime... this situation is a little different, he was going to get paid regardless

Jack Lambert
07-23-2021, 08:02 AM
All I see of mine is above the bridge of her nose any more. The rest of her face is blocked by her phone. Could have saved a shit load of money on braces.

Just asking for a friend. Who pays for the phone?

parabrave
07-23-2021, 06:39 PM
Are you totally void of a sense of humor?

But this song is coming true/