PDA

View Full Version : Dicenzo Miller, Jerious Norwood, or Boobie Dixon

Maverick91
07-22-2021, 08:04 AM
Who would you rather have in the Leach offense if you had to pick one? Please explain your answer.

Bonus question: Dicenzo Miller once caught a pass while running down the sideline in a night game, he caught the pass behind his head without turning around. Does ANYONE else remember this catch? It was at David Wade. For the life of me I cannot find this catch ANYWHERE and it is bugging the crap out of me.

I want to chose Boobie because of his blocking ability, but, I just don't see him having the quickness needed to get this done. I think I would chose Dicenzo over Jerious, Dicenzo could run through the tackles, block, and catch in the flats. I also feel like he was just a more natural runner than Jerious was, don't get me wrong I love Jerious, dude was a boss and I wish Atlanta would have kept him.

let me know what you think! Hailstate!

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2021, 08:17 AM
Who would you rather have in the Leach offense if you had to pick one? Please explain your answer.

Bonus question: Dicenzo Miller once caught a pass while running down the sideline in a night game, he caught the pass behind his head without turning around. Does ANYONE else remember this catch? It was at David Wade. For the life of me I cannot find this catch ANYWHERE and it is bugging the crap out of me.

I want to chose Boobie because of his blocking ability, but, I just don't see him having the quickness needed to get this done. I think I would chose Dicenzo over Jerious, Dicenzo could run through the tackles, block, and catch in the flats. I also feel like he was just a more natural runner than Jerious was, don't get me wrong I love Jerious, dude was a boss and I wish Atlanta would have kept him.

Honestly couldn't go wrong with either but Jerious before his knee injury ran a 4.3 and Dicenzo ran a 4.6-4.7. I probably pick Jerious just for the sake of speed.

Jerious still does signings and other stuff around ATL. I think he was well liked but couldn't stay healthy.

Leroy Jenkins
07-22-2021, 08:26 AM
AD is my all time favorite Dawg, however he is the only “wrong” answer. Miller was one of the best players I personally played against. With that said, I would go with J-rock for the air-raid.

RiverCityDawg
07-22-2021, 08:27 AM

Great topic, thank you. These are three of my favorite Dogs regardless of position and I would gladly take any of the three in this offense.

Boobie's hands were extremely underrated and he would be a great personality fit with Leach. His blocking ability is not really a big factor because our backs are asked to block less often than in pretty much any other non-wishbone offense, but would still be great and was an absolute warrior.

Dicenzo probably showed his hands while at State the most and he even held for extra points they were so good. His open field make-you-miss ability was fantastic. Maybe the "slowest" of the group but extremely quick and just a friggin playmaker.

Jerious was the fastest and most twitchy athlete of the three and we didn't ask him to catch the ball nearly as much as we should have. He's another guy that did everything right and never complained despite a coaching change, crap offense under Croom and poor OL most of the time.

My answer without a lot of conviction is Jerious, though I could probably be persuaded to change my mind in favor of either of the other two.

BrunswickDawg
07-22-2021, 08:35 AM
I'm going to throw in a wildcard on this discussion - none of the 3 are the right answer. Brandon Holloway and Ladarius Perkins (before he bulked up a little) in this offense would have been unreal.

OLJWales
07-22-2021, 08:57 AM
Jerious because i have personal bias. Got to know and went to game with a booster back when I still lived in MS. Dude just refused to play games during crootin. Always have respected Jerious.

KOdawg1
07-22-2021, 08:59 AM
Norwood

ScottH
07-22-2021, 09:02 AM
Write in candidate - Keffer McGee

Cowbell
07-22-2021, 09:03 AM
Give me the bowling ball in this offense

Lord McBuckethead
07-22-2021, 09:05 AM
I would take Omar Conner at WR in this offense. Dude was a heck of an athlete that was forced to be our qb but should have been an all SEC type of WR.

William Tecumsah Sherman
07-22-2021, 09:20 AM
Omar Conner at Noxubee County was as much of a one man show as I?ve ever seen in football. He was unbelievable.

BuckyIsAB****
07-22-2021, 09:53 AM
Norwood would be a heisman candidate with Leach

StarkVegasSteve
07-22-2021, 10:04 AM
Norwood in this offense would be hell on wheels. Kylin could've been like this if he had his head on straight, but not to the level Jerious could be.

FISHDAWG
07-22-2021, 10:43 AM
I'm going to throw in a wildcard on this discussion - none of the 3 are the right answer. Brandon Holloway and Ladarius Perkins (before he bulked up a little) in this offense would have been unreal.

can't count the times Perkins caught big gainers from out of the back field and I'm sure Leach would have used Holloway in a much different role ... this reflects my thoughts as well

StarkVegasSteve
07-22-2021, 11:12 AM
can't count the times Perkins caught big gainers from out of the back field and I'm sure Leach would have used Holloway in a much different role ... this reflects my thoughts as well

I'll never forget two of those passes Perkins caught out of the backfield at the end of the 2010 season. Brandon McCrae ended DB's on both of those plays with crackback blocks.

NCMSTFAN
07-22-2021, 11:20 AM
Norwood, one of the most underrated RB's ever. He had some success with the Falcons but the world never really new how good he was. He had great hands out of the backfield and was so fast and shifty

Maverick91
07-22-2021, 11:28 AM
Honestly couldn't go wrong with either but Jerious before his knee injury ran a 4.3 and Dicenzo ran a 4.6-4.7. I probably pick Jerious just for the sake of speed.

Jerious still does signings and other stuff around ATL. I think he was well liked but couldn't stay healthy.

Yeah, that speed freaking killed.

Maverick91
07-22-2021, 11:30 AM
Great topic, thank you. These are three of my favorite Dogs regardless of position and I would gladly take any of the three in this offense.

Boobie's hands were extremely underrated and he would be a great personality fit with Leach. His blocking ability is not really a big factor because our backs are asked to block less often than in pretty much any other non-wishbone offense, but would still be great and was an absolute warrior.

Dicenzo probably showed his hands while at State the most and he even held for extra points they were so good. His open field make-you-miss ability was fantastic. Maybe the "slowest" of the group but extremely quick and just a friggin playmaker.

Jerious was the fastest and most twitchy athlete of the three and we didn't ask him to catch the ball nearly as much as we should have. He's another guy that did everything right and never complained despite a coaching change, crap offense under Croom and poor OL most of the time.

My answer without a lot of conviction is Jerious, though I could probably be persuaded to change my mind in favor of either of the other two.

Preciate it, man. You make great points.

Maverick91
07-22-2021, 11:32 AM

Those are great additions... I would take Brandon over Perkins for speed, but, overall I would take Perkins. He at least wouldn't be tackled by the pinky finger.

Maverick91
07-22-2021, 11:33 AM
Norwood

Why?

Maverick91
07-22-2021, 11:33 AM
Write in candidate - Keffer McGee

Why?

Maverick91
07-22-2021, 11:34 AM
Give me the bowling ball in this offense

Why?

OLJWales
07-22-2021, 12:06 PM
Other than how he how handled his crootin, Jerious would still be my pick. So versatile and explosive. He single handedly got the FL coach fired when we "Croomed" them. I'll never forget the long TD Run to seal it. Would a Gayle Sayers comparison be accurate?

R2Dawg
07-22-2021, 12:32 PM
Can't go wrong on this question but I'll give you why you would choose each.

Miller - Miller had football speed. He had great hands, could block and was nasty in the open field with shifty moves. Remember that BYU catch and run in Provo? Still remember Mike Tirico calling that great run after catch. Miller time baby.

AD - In Leaches O when the OL don't run block much and it is one on one, big man on big man. Give AD the ball and a cloud of dust and you got 5 yards. A weapon he would be in the air raid.

Norwood - two words - explosive speed. Get him ball anywhere in space and its over. He might break records in this O.

All three are True Maroon and all Dawg. Leach could win with any of them.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2021, 12:47 PM
Norwood for any offense. He was amazing in the Croom offense. Imagine what he'd do in the Mullen spread & he'd still be great in Leach offense out in space.

OLJWales
07-22-2021, 12:49 PM
Norwood for any offense. He was amazing in the Croom offense. Imagine what he'd do in the Mullen spread & he'd still be great in Leach offense out in space.

that settles it. Norwood it is. thanks for showing IYOK

PMDawg
07-22-2021, 01:35 PM
Dicenzo is my favorite MSU player (to watch) of all time, so that's any easy decision for me.

Johnson85
07-22-2021, 03:09 PM

This is the correct answer. Miller and Dixon would both be good in this offense and Miller is extremely underrated because his 40 time doesn't match his football speed. But I don't think people realize how good Norwood was. He was better than his college and pro career would indicate. He was hamstrung in college by shitty coaching, and then he didn't land in the right situation in the NFL and also battled injuries. But he was better than Dixon and Miller.

Cowbell
07-22-2021, 03:18 PM
Why?

Because he couldn't be brought down in the open field

Tbonewannabe
07-23-2021, 08:18 AM
This is the correct answer. Miller and Dixon would both be good in this offense and Miller is extremely underrated because his 40 time doesn't match his football speed. But I don't think people realize how good Norwood was. He was better than his college and pro career would indicate. He was hamstrung in college by shitty coaching, and then he didn't land in the right situation in the NFL and also battled injuries. But he was better than Dixon and Miller.

Dicenzo Jr. is faster than his dad, I wonder if he has the same moves on the field. I think he is just now getting recruited.

dawgday166
07-23-2021, 08:24 AM

Precisely what I think too. Norwood could do everything and was extremely explosive too. Love all of them though.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-23-2021, 08:31 AM
Bonus question: Dicenzo Miller once caught a pass while running down the sideline in a night game, he caught the pass behind his head without turning around. Does ANYONE else remember this catch?

I remember the catch. Seems like we were driving towards the north endzone and he caught the ball on the west sideline.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-23-2021, 09:36 AM
for this offense, my choice would be Norwood.

BulldogDX55
07-23-2021, 10:15 AM

Holloway had a bunch of drops IIRC, despite originally being a WR. Perkins is definitely an excellent wildcard selection - I don't think he was quite as talented as the three in the prompt, but he was our best pass catching RB by a mile.

I'd go with Norwood, but I'm a little young to remember how well he caught passes in college.

My wildcards would be Josh Robinson or Vick Ballard. Josh was a bowling ball, but he was shifty as hell and could make catches. Vick could do EVERYTHING and I think a Leach RB has to be able to do a good bit of everything. His vision was his only elite aspect, and I think that would mesh well with the system.

Maverick91
07-23-2021, 10:34 AM
I remember the catch. Seems like we were driving towards the north endzone and he caught the ball on the west sideline.

YES YES YES YES YES! Do you know anywhere where I can find that catch. It is so irritating that it isn't on ANY highlight real from State or anywhere. One of the best catches ever.

Maverick91
07-23-2021, 10:35 AM
Holloway had a bunch of drops IIRC, despite originally being a WR. Perkins is definitely an excellent wildcard selection - I don't think he was quite as talented as the three in the prompt, but he was our best pass catching RB by a mile.

I'd go with Norwood, but I'm a little young to remember how well he caught passes in college.

My wildcards would be Josh Robinson or Vick Ballard. Josh was a bowling ball, but he was shifty as hell and could make catches. Vick could do EVERYTHING and I think a Leach RB has to be able to do a good bit of everything. His vision was his only elite aspect, and I think that would mesh well with the system.

Nice addition with Ballard. Dude was a boss!

tcdog70
07-23-2021, 10:37 AM

Walter Packer would be the best--

preachermatt83
07-23-2021, 03:58 PM
AD is my all time favorite Dawg, however he is the only ?wrong? answer. Miller was one of the best players I personally played against. With that said, I would go with J-rock for the air-raid.

I played against him in Hs. Greatest back I ever saw in HS.

preachermatt83
07-23-2021, 04:01 PM
Dicenzo Jr. is faster than his dad, I wonder if he has the same moves on the field. I think he is just now getting recruited.

No. He doesn’t. Not even close.

KOdawg1
07-23-2021, 04:44 PM
Why?

Bc he'd kill it in this offense.

parabrave
07-23-2021, 06:43 PM
This all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73lx8l7yGbY

With Thanks to Miss State fan 87