PDA

View Full Version : Sawyer Robertson

Tough Dawg
07-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Is he on campus yet? Assuming he is by now. Just curious if anyone has heard anything since he's been in Starkville. Excited about this guy!

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2021, 10:50 AM
Is he on campus yet? Assuming he is by now. Just curious if anyone has heard anything since he's been in Starkville. Excited about this guy!

Yes he has been for a while. He has got a long way to go

Tough Dawg
07-20-2021, 02:10 PM
Do you know what some of early inefficiencies are besides being young? From a skillset I would have thought he'd be farther along than any QB we've brought on campus from the start.

Coach34
07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
He won’t be a factor in 2021. We have a 2 man show at QB.

BiscuitEater
07-20-2021, 02:21 PM
Do you know what some of early inefficiencies are besides being young? From a skillset I would have thought he'd be farther along than any QB we've brought on campus from the start.

In the early photos, He looks like a QB. Carries himself well! Confident.

Offshore Dawg
07-20-2021, 02:57 PM
Damn, some of give it a rest. Leach will decide who gives him the best chance of winning. Some of your memories are as short as your dicks, before Mullen Dawgs were fortunate to have one serviceable QB.

FISHDAWG
07-20-2021, 04:17 PM
Damn, some of give it a rest. Leach will decide who gives him the best chance of winning. Some of your memories are as short as your dicks, before Mullen Dawgs were fortunate to have one serviceable QB.

This board is for discussion and this is a worthy topic ... our memories extend at least back to last year when a 5 Star Senior QB couldn't get it done... Everyone is excited about this position and you should understand that

Cowbell
07-20-2021, 05:17 PM

This thread has been calm so far

99jc
07-20-2021, 05:21 PM
Some of your memories are as short as your dicks,

Being a State fan for 50 plus years I can assure you that is a good thing a lot of the time.

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2021, 05:39 PM
Some of your memories are as short as your dicks

My memory is longer than that.

Hambone
07-20-2021, 06:21 PM
It’s not about how long our memories are, it’s how we use them.

schddog72
07-20-2021, 06:39 PM

Well, at my age, they both seem to be getting shorter every day . . . . . and one of them doesn't have that much room for shrinkage!!

TheLostDawg
07-20-2021, 06:40 PM

+++

Offshore Dawg
07-20-2021, 06:47 PM
This board is for discussion and this is a worthy topic ... our memories extend at least back to last year when a 5 Star Senior QB couldn't get it done... Everyone is excited about this position and you should understand that
Fish I do understand a lot of speculation always happens when a clear favorite hasn't emerged in people's minds.

Offshore Dawg
07-20-2021, 06:52 PM

very good point

FISHDAWG
07-20-2021, 06:55 PM
Fish I do understand a lot of speculation always happens when a clear favorite hasn't emerged in people's minds.

No harm - no foul Dawg... tight lines

KOdawg1
07-20-2021, 07:14 PM

Lol dude chill tf out. It's a damn message board, and no one has even said anything outrageous. Go to Gene's Page.

R2Dawg
07-20-2021, 09:07 PM

This is an open forum not the Leach coaching board. Get a grip dude. This is and should be a top topic since we throw the dang ball 70 times a game.

R2Dawg
07-20-2021, 09:09 PM
He won’t be a factor in 2021. We have a 2 man show at QB.

Yep this is correct answer unless we injure two guys.

Westdawg
07-20-2021, 09:30 PM
Maybe it?s my mind replaying the spring game, but dang, Abraham may legit push for QB1..... I?ll throw in some [***] for good measure to keep both sides confused 😐

somebodyshotmypaw
07-20-2021, 09:54 PM
Some of your memories are as short as your dicks

I hit the reply button, but then forgot what I was going to post.

Offshore Dawg
07-21-2021, 06:39 AM
No harm - no foul Dawg... tight lines

Fish, how's your treatment and recovery doing. If I may inquire ?

StarkVegasSteve
07-21-2021, 08:31 AM
In a perfect world both Sawyer and Greek will be able to RS this year and get a year in the system and be ready to battle next year.

Dawgbite
07-21-2021, 08:47 AM
It?s not about how long our memories are, it?s how we use them.

It?s not the size of the Memories that matter, it?s the motion of the nightmare!

OLJWales
07-21-2021, 08:57 AM
It's disappointing seeing this considering the party we threw when Sawyer signed.

StarkVegasSteve
07-21-2021, 09:03 AM
It's disappointing seeing this considering the party we threw when Sawyer signed.

I don't think our plan was ever for him to start his true freshman year. He's going to be a great QB for us, but if you can still be a successful team while also letting him get acclimated to the college life and getting used to the Leach system then you obviously take it.

OLJWales
07-21-2021, 09:25 AM
I don't think our plan was ever for him to start his true freshman year. He's going to be a great QB for us, but if you can still be a successful team while also letting him get acclimated to the college life and getting used to the Leach system then you obviously take it.

Got that. Just figured he'd be in the fighting mix cuz this thread's a 180 from signing day.

Offshore Dawg
07-21-2021, 09:28 AM

Its ok to be happy, however all of us have to trust CML to play the QB that gives State the best chance to win.

OLJWales
07-21-2021, 09:30 AM
Its ok to be happy, however all of us have to trust CML to play the QB that gives State the best chance to win.

Not saying I don't trust coach.

FISHDAWG
07-21-2021, 09:32 AM
Fish, how's your treatment and recovery doing. If I may inquire ?

one more chemo treatment and 6 radiation treatments left ... I'm glad the medicine and technology is available to me but that stuff sucks ... they will give me a 6 week rest period and then remove my esophagus .... I'm stage 3 treatable so I have a decent outlook but a 50% chance of it coming back in 3-4 years. Thanks for asking and thanks to our baseball team - I finally saw us become a National Champion in my lifetime and was really beginning to wonder if it would happen

OLJWales
07-21-2021, 09:39 AM
one more chemo treatment and 6 radiation treatments left ... I'm glad the medicine and technology is available to me but that stuff sucks ... they will give me a 6 week rest period and then remove my esophagus .... I'm stage 3 treatable so I have a decent outlook but a 50% chance of it coming back in 3-4 years. Thanks for asking and thanks to our baseball team - I finally saw us become a National Champion in my lifetime and was really beginning to wonder if it would happen

Oh my. You are a brave warrior sir. God Speed Fish.

BuckyIsAB****
07-21-2021, 11:49 AM

Learning the offense and his throwing motion have to change or he will never play. He is Shrader rn

R2Dawg
07-21-2021, 11:54 AM

Fish, pray for your recovery.

OLJWales
07-21-2021, 11:59 AM
Learning the offense and his throwing motion have to change or he will never play. He is Shrader rn

Never knew a 4* QB could be a dumbass that couldn't throw.

FISHDAWG
07-21-2021, 12:08 PM
Oh my. You are a brave warrior sir. God Speed Fish.

Fish, pray for your recovery.

Thanks Guys ... much appreciated

RiverCityDawg
07-21-2021, 12:09 PM

So you're telling us Daniel Greek is the next guy after Will?***

BuckyIsAB****
07-21-2021, 12:28 PM
So you're telling us Daniel Greek is the next guy after Will?***

If you made me predict right now I would say hard yes

BuckyIsAB****
07-21-2021, 12:30 PM
Never knew a 4* QB could be a dumbass that couldn't throw.

Uhh?Garrett Shrader. Kid is a gamer no doubt and fun to watch but he was never going to do what it took to play QB for Leach. Maybe Sawyer will but rn he is not even top 3

trob115
07-21-2021, 12:57 PM
Bucky is a little biased .... but Will is definitely the starter this year

Sawyer is looking good for a true fresh...

He will be number 3 on the depth chart and will be gunning for Qb1 next year. He doesn't know the offense like Will and doesn't have great timing with the receivers right now. He is a hard worker and good teammate. Has the strongest arm out of all the QBs, but that doesn't necessarily equate to success. He's got a really high ceiling and I'm looking forward to the competition.

trob115
07-21-2021, 12:58 PM

Praying for your complete healing!

Coach34
07-21-2021, 01:00 PM
Good luck Fish!!

And yeah man- I'm with you after the Spring I had. There are many of us glad we lived long enough to finally see a NC

FISHDAWG
07-21-2021, 01:40 PM
Good luck Fish!!

And yeah man- I'm with you after the Spring I had. There are many of us glad we lived long enough to finally see a NC

thanks Coach ... and good luck on your upcoming season

BuckyIsAB****
07-21-2021, 02:54 PM
Bucky is a little biased .... but Will is definitely the starter this year

Sawyer is looking good for a true fresh...

He will be number 3 on the depth chart and will be gunning for Qb1 next year. He doesn't know the offense like Will and doesn't have great timing with the receivers right now. He is a hard worker and good teammate. Has the strongest arm out of all the QBs, but that doesn't necessarily equate to success. He's got a really high ceiling and I'm looking forward to the competition.

Maybe you are Leach or Hollingshead but he def is not ahead of Greek or Abraham

EdwardDrayton
07-21-2021, 09:17 PM

Certainly was wondering if I was going to see a NC in my lifetime; I?m 62 next week. My father ? who played football for State ? saw it but from a seat in ?Paradise?. Would have loved to have enjoyed it with him and my Mom.

Prayers going up for healing, comfort and peace Fish. Blessings.

Offshore Dawg
07-22-2021, 07:52 AM
During the SEC media days questions CML said he would have 2 QB getting the reps, he named Will & Jack. Or at least that is what I heard

Tough Dawg
07-22-2021, 08:24 AM
So I started this thread not trying to imply that Sawyer would be in the running to be QB1 this fall....I was just curious where his skillset compared to other incoming freshman QBs from the past. He was one of the higher rated QBs we've ever signed, so I have some high expectations for him and his career. Thanks to those that gave some insight and hopefully he'll progress/grow quickly.