PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis tweeted that we got a new commitment...

K9 Avenger
07-19-2021, 02:30 PM
Anyone know anything?

StarkVegasSteve
07-19-2021, 02:57 PM
Sam Cozart. C/O 2025. 6'7 240. Fastball runs in the low 90s . He's currently the number 1 ranked player in the class.

OLJWales
07-19-2021, 02:59 PM
he's 15 years old? damn. Lemonis not sitting back on his thrown it would seem.

StarkVegasSteve
07-19-2021, 03:01 PM
he's 15 years old? damn. Lemonis not sitting back on his thrown it would seem.

6'7 240 at 15. He might be playing the wrong sport.

Homedawg
07-19-2021, 03:02 PM
And before people start saying he's a draft and we will never see, him, which might be true, you have to sign them first.

HoopsDawg
07-19-2021, 03:09 PM
Great job by the staff. Perfect Game has him as the overall #1 player in the class of 2025 and he just turned 15 so he's not the typical hold back you see so much of now. He just got finished competing in the 16U world wood bat and did well. Keep in mind, he is supposed to be playing 14U. He's the bluest of blue chip recruits. He actually pitched 4.1 innings in the 17U WWBA and gave up 0 runs, struck out 2, and walked only 1. He throws hard, but he also throws strikes.

He may go pro, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Regardless, it's a big day for Lemonis and staff.

BrunswickDawg
07-19-2021, 03:22 PM
Great job by the staff. Perfect Game has him as the overall #1 player in the class of 2025 and he just turned 15 so he's not the typical hold back you see so much of now. He just got finished competing in the 16U world wood bat and did well. Keep in mind, he is supposed to be playing 14U. He's the bluest of blue chip recruits. He actually pitched 4.1 innings in the 17U WWBA and gave up 0 runs, struck out 2, and walked only 1. He throws hard, but he also throws strikes.

He may go pro, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Regardless, it's a big day for Lemonis and staff.

Lemonis recruiting pitch: "did you see Will Bednar in the CWS? Did you see that final? Did you see the draft That's you in 2026/27"

Cowbell
07-19-2021, 03:28 PM
And before people start saying he's a draft and we will never see, him, which might be true, you have to sign them first.

It's all good because he's not an 8th grader***

NWADAWG
07-19-2021, 03:29 PM

Can NIL deals be structured so that 80%+ of pay is deferred until kid is on campus? His only brings real value to a sponsor if he actually comes to campus.

HoopsDawg
07-19-2021, 03:49 PM
Can NIL deals be structured so that 80%+ of pay is deferred until kid is on campus? His only brings real value to a sponsor if he actually comes to campus.

I think a lot of the mysteries surrounding NIL will be solved by 2025. Hopefully, we have some alums that can put together a good endorsement package for him. There could be other things such as pitching lessons, autograph sessions, etc. The issue I see with Sam right now is that he would have to be a 3 year college guy unlike Bednar who was a 2 year guy. So that's a possible hurdle. But I will sweat that in 4 years.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-19-2021, 03:55 PM
This past season, my son had a High School teammate who was a 6 ft 6 inch 200 lb 7th grader that will probably be a D1 prospect before long.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-19-2021, 04:48 PM
I think a lot of the mysteries surrounding NIL will be solved by 2025. Hopefully, we have some alums that can put together a good endorsement package for him. There could be other things such as pitching lessons, autograph sessions, etc. The issue I see with Sam right now is that he would have to be a 3 year college guy unlike Bednar who was a 2 year guy. So that's a possible hurdle. But I will sweat that in 4 years.

But they won't put this together until he signs right because that would be the legal thing to do.

OLJWales
07-19-2021, 04:56 PM
When the time comes, lets work a NIS Deal that will Piss off the Newton clan

TheLostDawg
07-20-2021, 03:04 PM

Yeah but unlike Bednar, he'll be making money during those years. Plus we can do like Magnum and have him Walk on (just give him an endorsement deal that he can use to pay for his college; maybe not him but some other guys on the team).