PDA

View Full Version : Devonta Pollard

Dawg61
11-14-2013, 05:36 PM
In his first game with EMCC he had a team high 19 points and 7 boards. 2nd game is tonight. If he keeps it up should Ray recruit him again for a 2nd time?

Thick
11-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Just last week, him and his mother's faces were all over the news for kidnapping....hell no! Just bring Stands and Fatboy back so we can complete the trifecta!!

engie
11-14-2013, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up at MSU eventually...

dawgs
11-14-2013, 05:57 PM
yes.

we aren't in a position to let hurt feelings from 2 years ago get in the way of recruiting a kid.

SnakePlissken
11-14-2013, 06:02 PM
yes.

we aren't in a position to let hurt feelings from 2 years ago get in the way of recruiting a kid.
What if the MS penal system gets in the way?

Dawg61
11-14-2013, 06:03 PM
I don't know all the details but I think he just let his momma use his car which she kidnapped the girl in. Obviously a stupid decision by him but who knows maybe he had no idea what his mom was up to.

Dawg61
11-14-2013, 06:05 PM
What if the MS penal system gets in the way?

I doubt he sees a jail cell

engie
11-14-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't know all the details but I think he just let his momma use his car which she kidnapped the girl in. Obviously a stupid decision by him but who knows maybe he had no idea what his mom was up to.

Same as my understanding... Certainly forgivable barring more unknown info coming out.

Given what is known about his mom, Devonta will probably be better off if she goes away for awhile. She's totally crazy -- and I think he's a victim of that to an extent. I have never gotten the impression that he's a bad kid overall.

Dawg61
11-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Same as my understanding... Certainly forgivable barring more unknown info coming out.

Given what is known about his mom, Devonta will probably be better off if she goes away for awhile. She's totally crazy -- and I think he's a victim of that to an extent. I have never gotten the impression that he's a bad kid overall.

At first I was sour grapes about recruiting him again but that has faded now. I'm sure his momma was all about him getting the biggest pay day back then. If he dominates for EMCC this year I say go get him Ray. It's not like Bama or Georgetown will be after him now and if I remember right those were the only 2 ahead of MSU the first time. He is a McDonald's All-American.

Coach34
11-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Bama paid for that car he let her borrow also

If he has been staying out of trouble and wants to come work hard- I'm for giving the guy a 2nd chance

AROB44
11-14-2013, 06:41 PM

If he has been staying out of trouble and wants to come work hard- I'm for giving the guy a 2nd chance

Would that mean we would have to reimburse Bama for the full cost of the car or would we be able to get the used car value? I guess Mike Slime would be the arbiter in this. If so, we would be ****ed!!!

msstate7
11-14-2013, 06:43 PM

Better believe Kennedy will ready to give DP a second chance

whosyourdawgy
11-14-2013, 07:33 PM
That's what I've thought all along. From watching the YouTube video of his mom yanking him out of that AAU game for whatever reason I thought she was bat shit crazy then. And after this crazy kidnapping thing, there is no doubt. I hope he can keep his head on straght and this kidnap case is over and done with this year. His mom will be in jail and out of the picture for at least the rest of his college career and Rick Ray would be a good stern figure in his life If Ray thinks he's good enough to help us, offer the scholly. I'd still much rather have Newman for one year than Pollard for 2.

Dawg61
11-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Better believe Kennedy will ready to give DP a second chance

We don't seem to ever dust up with Ole Miss in basketball. They go after different players than MSU usually. If we want Pollard I feel very confident we get him this time.

Dawg61
11-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Pollard and Newman for 1 year could mean NCAA good

bobcat91
11-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Wasn't keeping convicts and bad citizens out of the program the main reason Stans was fired. Oh yeah along with being a terrible coach.

Dawg61
11-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Wasn't keeping convicts and bad citizens out of the program the main reason Stans was fired. Oh yeah along with being a terrible coach.

Want to ever win again? Or shall we just get ass-raped forever instead

Quaoarsking
11-14-2013, 08:03 PM
There's really no reason not to give him a chance. Ray's proven that he has a short leash, so if he doesn't behave, he'll kick him.

msstate7
11-14-2013, 08:09 PM
It'll come down to how well pollard plays and behaves himself while at emcc.

Op4isabitch
11-14-2013, 08:17 PM

I couldn't agree more.

Sincerely,
Cecil Newton