PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis and staff?

redstickdawg
07-14-2021, 04:25 PM
any word on contract extensions and deserved raises? IB needs to get this done.

OLJWales
07-14-2021, 04:30 PM
Lemonis to Braves. We are trying to match Atlanta's Offer. ***

MaroonBelle
07-14-2021, 04:47 PM

I'd have to go back and see if I can find it but Kendall Rogers at one point during the CWS tweeted that Gaut had just received a big fat bump. I took that to mean it had happened quite recently before the CWS.

Cowbell
07-14-2021, 05:16 PM
Lemonis to Braves. We are trying to match Atlanta's Offer. ***

Says Bert

Homedawg
07-14-2021, 06:55 PM

They all had raises before we won it all. There is one minor issue that I hope gets fixed.... they signed an agreement to not receive bonus' back prior to the season due to covid and they wouldn't take a pay cut. Well, the bonus' were a big deal. I certainly hope and think JC will make sure they get them. I understand nobody else did( meaning other coaching staffs for taking teams to post season) but nobody else won us our first NC!!!

Homedawg
07-14-2021, 06:56 PM
I'd have to go back and see if I can find it but Kendall Rogers at one point during the CWS tweeted that Gaut had just received a big fat bump. I took that to mean it had happened quite recently before the CWS.

It was agreed upon proper to, correct.

Coach34
07-14-2021, 07:47 PM
It would be hard for Cohen to **** this up. They have all the leverage. They have to get paid

Homedawg
07-14-2021, 09:29 PM
It would be hard for Cohen to **** this up. They have all the leverage. They have to get paid

The contract part was already big before the nc. I'm sure it got bigger. The rest I feel will get fixed. Has to....

Todd4State
07-14-2021, 10:10 PM
The contract part was already big before the nc. I'm sure it got bigger. The rest I feel will get fixed. Has to....

I'm pretty sure we'll make him the highest paid coach in the country.

redstickdawg
07-14-2021, 10:16 PM

Should be at least in the top 3. Foxhall and Gautreau need to be highly paid asst's as well.

preachermatt83
07-14-2021, 10:56 PM

Not what I heard. I heard 1.2 mil a year avg.

BeardoMSU
07-14-2021, 11:17 PM

That's awfully low balled, unless it's because he wants to spread the pie around to his assistants.

The Federalist Engineer
07-15-2021, 09:01 AM
Schlossnagle is getting 1.20 but he ain't a National Championship coach.

Sullivan is getting 1.38 playing in a mostly empty little league field. But seems that 1.38 is a good number for Lemonis cause Sullivan is a Championship coach.

Corbin is getting 1.200 as a base but has a bonus structure that paid him 2.Something after his last championship

Coach34
07-15-2021, 09:10 AM
Guy at Tenn got a raise to 1.5. No need to make Lemon the highest in the country. Just give him a good bump and keep the incentives in there. No need to double his salary

StarkVegasSteve
07-15-2021, 09:11 AM
Lemonis has been adamant that he wants his assts. well paid since the day he got here. He wants to let them do their job and let him do the big picture stuff. He'd rather take less and have them taken care of. My guess is that he'll get 1.2 with incentives that could take it to 2 and Jake and Fox will get bumped to around 550-600K.

Homedawg
07-15-2021, 09:19 AM

He's not going to be the highest paid coach in the country. But all parties will be taken care of.

Homedawg
07-15-2021, 09:19 AM
Lemonis has been adamant that he wants his assts. well paid since the day he got here. He wants to let them do their job and let him do the big picture stuff. He'd rather take less and have them taken care of. My guess is that he'll get 1.2 with incentives that could take it to 2 and Jake and Fox will get bumped to around 550-600K.

This guy gets it.

Dawgology
07-15-2021, 09:22 AM

You would think. As much as a contingent despised him for the Moorhead debacle and the loss of Vic and subsequent bad hire a much larger contingent within the boosters would form against him if he lost Lemonis. I'd be suprised if he kept his job if he ****s this up.

ETA: I don't think he will screw it up. He knows what he has with this staff and realizes his legacy would live on forever at State if we go on the run I think we are about to go on.

StarkVegasSteve
07-15-2021, 09:38 AM
You would think. As much as a contingent despised him for the Moorhead debacle and the loss of Vic and subsequent bad hire a much larger contingent within the boosters would form against him if he lost Lemonis. I'd be suprised if he kept his job if he ****s this up.

ETA: I don't think he will screw it up. He knows what he has with this staff and realizes his legacy would live on forever at State if we go on the run I think we are about to go on.

Cohen is also one of the top 5 baseball minds in the college game. He knows EXACTLY what he has. It's one of the reasons he pushed so hard to keep Jake on staff. He had the foresight to know that if he gave Lemonis an elite hitting coach it would take a lot off his plate and let him focus on the CEO role. Our program is ran a lot like a MLB club at this point. Us and Arkansas probably do that as well as anyone in the country.

Jack Lambert
07-15-2021, 10:13 AM
I'm kind of curious what bonuses they got this year.

TheLostDawg
07-15-2021, 07:04 PM
I'm kind of curious what bonuses they got this year.

I'm sure they got something but I'm sure more importantly to them, they are about to get a new contract with better pay/better incentives

Cowbell
07-15-2021, 07:40 PM
He's not going to be the highest paid coach in the country. But all parties will be taken care of.

Dangit brackey spill the beans

Bothrops
07-15-2021, 10:17 PM
For what he and his staff have done in their short time here, a million dollar raise between everybody is the minimum I'd do.

Todd4State
07-15-2021, 10:52 PM

That would be a bit surprising to me since he has earned it IMO. If the rumor is 1.2 I wouldn't be surprised if we go up to 1.6. I don't think Cohen or anyone associated with MSU would have a problem with that increase.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
07-16-2021, 02:51 AM
I?d expect big raises for all involved. Not many assistants turn down hc opportunities no matter if it?s not a dream job. Hc opportunities don?t come along often.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 08:39 AM

Yep

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 09:02 AM
Whose bringing in more baseball revenue right now? What staff has done a better job? Why shouldn't Lemonis and his assistants not be the highest paid in the country? We owe these men. They've been coaching Grown Ass Man Style and gave us something folks my age have been waiting on for 50 years. Its called appreciation, recognition, loyalty and respect.

Signed,

Coach Lemonis' Agent

StarkVegasSteve
07-16-2021, 09:57 AM
Whose bringing in more baseball revenue right now? What staff has done a better job? Why shouldn't Lemonis and his assistants not be the highest paid in the country? We owe these men. They've been coaching Grown Ass Man Style and gave us something folks my age have been waiting on for 50 years. Its called appreciation, recognition, loyalty and respect.

Signed,

Coach Lemonis' Agent

It's not a revenue producing sport. It's the same reason it was asinine to pay Vic Schaefer all the money we were paying him but at least with baseball we might be bringing in a slight revenue due to winning the national championship. By and large our baseball program is lucky to break even most years. We don't need to jump out there and pay Lemonis 1.6 or 1.7 just to make him the highest paid coach. He's already said he'd rather his assts. be taken care of. Pay him 1.1 or 1.2 and load it with incentives to get him 2 if he wins the natty. Now if he came to you and said he wanted 1.6 or 1.7 then you may have to give it to him, but if 1.1 or 1.2 will make him happy then save 400K and put it towards something else.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 12:06 PM
It's not a revenue producing sport. It's the same reason it was asinine to pay Vic Schaefer all the money we were paying him but at least with baseball we might be bringing in a slight revenue due to winning the national championship. By and large our baseball program is lucky to break even most years. We don't need to jump out there and pay Lemonis 1.6 or 1.7 just to make him the highest paid coach. He's already said he'd rather his assts. be taken care of. Pay him 1.1 or 1.2 and load it with incentives to get him 2 if he wins the natty. Now if he came to you and said he wanted 1.6 or 1.7 then you may have to give it to him, but if 1.1 or 1.2 will make him happy then save 400K and put it towards something else.

What Lemonis or anyone else says public may not be the same as what's said behind the scenes. I would like to see the balance sheets from the top 10 programs and remove renovation costs that are one time losses (capital gaines costs that payoff eventually). The money is there and I don't think it would be more than a small fraction of out budget. After 136 years, they FINALLY DID IT! Pay them all and let 'em know how much we appreciate it.

StarkVegasSteve
07-16-2021, 12:20 PM
What Lemonis or anyone else says public may not be the same as what's said behind the scenes. I would like to see the balance sheets from the top 10 programs and remove renovation costs that are one time losses (capital gaines costs that payoff eventually). The money is there and I don't think it would be more than a small fraction of out budget. After 136 years, they FINALLY DID IT! Pay them all and let 'em know how much we appreciate it.

He's saying the same thing in private as he says in public. Lem is a great guy and the caring more about his staff being taken care of than himself is genuine. He loves Starkville and will be here for a very long time. He's not even worried about the contract. He knows we'll take care of him.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 12:27 PM
He's saying the same thing in private as he says in public. Lem is a great guy and the caring more about his staff being taken care of than himself is genuine. He loves Starkville and will be here for a very long time. He's not even worried about the contract. He knows we'll take care of him.

If that is truly the case, I'm fine with that. And the value of having good assistants is often undervalued from an average fan's perspective. Having said THAT, make sure our assistants are the highest paid in the land and outbid any lateral move attempts.

Todd4State
07-16-2021, 12:35 PM

I mean it's not impossible to pay Lemonis 1.6 million and at the same time pay his assistants very well.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 12:44 PM
I mean it's not impossible to pay Lemonis 1.6 million and at the same time pay his assistants very well.

Yep. I would like to be a fly on the wall while Lemonis turns down the money. LOL. . And I guess my personal vanity standpoint doesn't wanna see any other HC's making more than our guy.

Homedawg
07-16-2021, 12:46 PM
That would be a bit surprising to me since he has earned it IMO. If the rumor is 1.2 I wouldn't be surprised if we go up to 1.6. I don't think Cohen or anyone associated with MSU would have a problem with that increase.

It's not going to be 1.6. Our staff is going to be well paid. Lem wants that. He's getting fairly compensated for. But the "rumor" number is much closer

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 12:50 PM
It's not going to be 1.6. Our staff is going to be well paid. Lem wants that. He's getting fairly compensated for. But the "rumor" number is much closer

Fairly Compensated? what's that supposed to mean?

StarkVegasSteve
07-16-2021, 12:56 PM
If that is truly the case, I'm fine with that. And the value of having good assistants is often undervalued from an average fan's perspective. Having said THAT, make sure our assistants are the highest paid in the land and outbid any lateral move attempts.

Neither of our assts. are leaving for anything other than a P5 job in a good situation(think Arizona this year). They've both said that in on the record interviews.

BrunswickDawg
07-16-2021, 12:57 PM

Meaning coaches have all sorts of incentives and sponsorship contracts and opportunities that the school uses to enhance their salary. Think Bear Bryant hosting his coaching show with bag of Golden Flakes and a Coke on his desk. When you hear Chris doing Country Pleasin' Sausage commercials you'll know he's being taken care of.

StarkVegasSteve
07-16-2021, 12:58 PM

Put him in the Top 5 salaries in the country. He's a top 5 coach. We don't need to use TN as a measuring stick. They grossly overpaid Vitello and that contract is going to look like the John Wall Wizards contract in about 2 years. We can use what LSU was paying Manieri as a good measuring stick contract. He was making around 1.2 and that's a good number.

Homedawg
07-16-2021, 01:21 PM
1.2 is also double is original deal. And 450k more than he made this year. Plus incentives.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 01:31 PM

So Vic was making too much money here and now he's being fairly comensated at A&M?

StarkVegasSteve
07-16-2021, 01:36 PM
So Vic was making too much money here and now he's being fairly comensated at A&M?

No I think he's making too much money there too, but when you have as many 8 and 9 figure net worth boosters as they do you can afford to just throw money around like it's going out of style.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 02:00 PM
No I think he's making too much money there too, but when you have as many 8 and 9 figure net worth boosters as they do you can afford to just throw money around like it's going out of style.

I get that. I just think when an employer and employee come to terms, that makes it fair. I never got into Women's hoops before Vic. Vic did a hell of a job and I'm still gut punched over it. I remember getting excited back in the day of Delta State's Natty. Wasn't that Delta State?

StarkVegasSteve
07-16-2021, 02:26 PM
I get that. I just think when an employer and employee come to terms, that makes it fair. I never got into Women's hoops before Vic. Vic did a hell of a job and I'm still gut punched over it. I remember getting excited back in the day of Delta State's Natty. Wasn't that Delta State?

I believe they won a baseball national championship with Kennison in 04 if I'm not mistaken.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 03:00 PM
I believe they won a baseball national championship with Kennison in 04 if I'm not mistaken.

I know one of our smaller schools won a women's hoops natty. I remember my dad and I showing up to welcome them home.

Lord McBuckethead
07-16-2021, 03:46 PM

Whatever it takes to keep the entire staff together, here, and winning national championships.
Also, we need to start working on getting the NIL pipeline working for baseball and football. I want every player to be guaranteed 5k per month while on the roster and passing classes. If you can get more than that, good for you. If six 5* receivers join the team, then we need to work on getting them whatever they want.

We need some deep pockets that want an autograph for 100k to emerge.
Could a player be paid 100k for their autograph? Does the school now have to pay the players to use their likeness in university promotional sports videos? Does ESPN?

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 04:53 PM
Whatever it takes to keep the entire staff together, here, and winning national championships.
Also, we need to start working on getting the NIL pipeline working for baseball and football. I want every player to be guaranteed 5k per month while on the roster and passing classes. If you can get more than that, good for you. If six 5* receivers join the team, then we need to work on getting them whatever they want.

Could a player be paid 100k for their autograph? Does the school now have to pay the players to use their likeness in university promotional sports videos? Does ESPN?

This Post is Priceless. Will try to rep. Need to spread first.

Homedawg
07-17-2021, 08:38 AM

That's a pipe dream.

OLJWales
07-17-2021, 08:41 AM
That's a pipe dream.

I think that one whizzed by ya

Homedawg
07-17-2021, 08:44 AM
I think that one whizzed by ya

Ha guess it did. My bad

Offshore Dawg
07-17-2021, 11:07 AM

Easy to spend somebody else's money, you think like a Democrat

OLJWales
07-17-2021, 01:37 PM
Easy to spend somebody else's money, you think like a Democrat

Whoosh

The Federalist Engineer
07-17-2021, 09:29 PM

So long as it's not my money or tax payer money.

Fast forward 5 years, maybe 1/3 of division-1 football is gone. Prolly better for society and academics.

Todd4State
07-17-2021, 11:55 PM

The harsh reality is people are going to want our assistants and they will move on probably as head coaches at some point. That's good and bad.

We just have to make sure that we stay ahead of the curve. Cohen is a really good asset as far as hiring coaches. There haven't been very many bad hires as far as baseball assistants since he took our job. His tree is pretty impressive. And even maybe his worst hire in Cannizarro was a really good hitting coach in his own right when he wasn't distracted. Also, we'll pay assistants well which helps us out a lot. And helps some with retention. The only assistant that we've had that took a lateral move was Wes Johnson to Arkansas and that was home state. Mike Brown, Jake Wells, and Cheesebrough are very good volunteer assistants too.

BeardoMSU
07-18-2021, 12:05 AM
The harsh reality is people are going to want our assistants and they will move on probably as head coaches at some point. That's good and bad.

We just have to make sure that we stay ahead of the curve. Cohen is a really good asset as far as hiring coaches. There haven't been very many bad hires as far as baseball assistants since he took our job. His tree is pretty impressive. And even maybe his worst hire in Cannizarro was a really good hitting coach in his own right when he wasn't distracted. Also, we'll pay assistants well which helps us out a lot. And helps some with retention. The only assistant that we've had that took a lateral move was Wes Johnson to Arkansas and that was home state. Mike Brown, Jake Wells, and Cheesebrough are very good volunteer assistants too.

Good points, Todd.

Speaking of Wes Johnson...wasn't he the one that left a slew of TJ surgeries in his wake out the door?

preachermatt83
07-18-2021, 04:24 PM
Good points, Todd.

Speaking of Wes Johnson...wasn't he the one that left a slew of TJ surgeries in his wake out the door?

With camps, and bulldog club stuff , what a good guess as to what our lead volunteer assistant(cheesebrough) makes each year?

Memphisbulldog
07-19-2021, 04:14 PM

The Lady Statesmen won three consecutive AIAW titles from 1974 to 1977, led by coach Margaret Wade, who was dubbed the "mother of modern women's college basketball." They have won the NCAA Division II Women's Basketball Tournament three times, winning them in 1989, 1990, 1992

deltadawg63
07-19-2021, 04:47 PM
The Lady Statesmen won three consecutive AIAW titles from 1974 to 1977, led by coach Margaret Wade, who was dubbed the "mother of modern women's college basketball." They have won the NCAA Division II Women's Basketball Tournament three times, winning them in 1989, 1990, 1992

The women's equivalent of the Heisman or Wooden is named the "Wade Trophy" after her...says a lot there.

Offshore Dawg
07-20-2021, 03:17 PM

If nobody else wanted them then we probably would not either.

MedDawg
07-20-2021, 10:24 PM
Guy at Tenn got a raise to 1.5. No need to make Lemon the highest in the country. Just give him a good bump and keep the incentives in there. No need to double his salary

I think 1.2 IS doubling his salary.

Homedawg
07-21-2021, 09:02 AM
I think 1.2 IS doubling his salary.

1.2 would be doubling his original salary. He got a bump to 750. So 1.2 would not be doubling his latest contract.

OLJWales
07-21-2021, 09:51 AM
1.2 would be doubling his original salary. He got a bump to 750. So 1.2 would not be doubling his latest contract.

Damn. Didn't realize these fastrak number$ had happened.