PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Lovett to aTm......Kid had a pretty electric arm to be honest........Hate to

Saltydog
07-13-2021, 01:17 PM
see him leave us to go to another SEC team.......

TALL DAWG
07-13-2021, 01:25 PM

If he did not want to be here he does need to let the Dude doors hit his ass on the way out.
We have a ton of good arms.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2021, 01:28 PM

We have a lot of arms. You're going to see this a lot.

Wait until Arkansas had to tell top 100 HS hitters next year that they're sitting the bench

Saltydog
07-13-2021, 01:31 PM
He was probably "processed" and advised to look at other schools if I had to guess. There just wasn't going to be enough p/t for him.

MetEdDawg
07-13-2021, 01:52 PM
He was probably "processed" and advised to look at other schools if I had to guess. There just wasn't going to be enough p/t for him.

Sims, Walling, Fristoe, possibly Hootie, Cade Smith, Brandon Smith, Stone Simmons, KC Hunt, Preston Johnson, Tullar.

That's a lot of bodies that have pitched some innings for us. Hard to find innings next year with al that returning. Plus a guy like Pico Kohn.

We will have a lot of bodies with experience next year

ScoobaDawg
07-13-2021, 02:01 PM
See ya. Hate he couldn't break into more use out of the bullpen. But we are loaded.

Tbonewannabe
07-13-2021, 03:19 PM
It doesn't matter how hard you throw if you can't throw strikes.

AlSwearengen
07-13-2021, 03:37 PM
I’m a little surprised that he is headed to A&M and I hope that just speaks to our depth of talent.

The Federalist Engineer
07-13-2021, 03:41 PM
We have a lot of arms. You're going to see this a lot.

Wait until Arkansas had to tell top 100 HS hitters next year that they're sitting the bench

They have an incredible haul this year. They can pick and choose.

Plus they have good players not drafted with Eligibility....Jalen Battles, Salvens, and others.

Battles was the SECT MVP if I recall.

Cowbell
07-13-2021, 03:43 PM
They have an incredible haul this year. They can pick and choose.

Plus they have good players not drafted with Eligibility....Jalen Battles, Salvens, and others.

Battles was the SECT MVP if I recall.

Isn't Battles the one who looked like an all-American against us?

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2021, 03:44 PM
Isn't Battles the one who looked like an all-American against us?

He is but he's also worst prospect in that infield next year. He could very well be benched if he doesn't hit better. They have legit hitters they can play over him

Turfdawg67
07-13-2021, 06:04 PM
Isn't it weird that some people only feel compelled to post or start new threads when it's negative or perceived to be negative...

The Federalist Engineer
07-13-2021, 07:51 PM
Isn't it weird that some people only feel compelled to post or start new threads when it's negative or perceived to be negative...

this is informative, interesting that we lost a prospect to a league rival. It's not negative; it is a fact.

You could spin it positive that Lemonis' cast aways are being lapped up by the beta programs

LC Dawg
07-13-2021, 08:15 PM
Does Texas A&M have a national championship in baseball?

AlSwearengen
07-13-2021, 08:44 PM
I consider this a good sign that our talent level is pretty good. If C. Smith, Fristoe, or Landon Sims transfer to LSU, well, that isn’t a good sign.

Turfdawg67
07-13-2021, 08:50 PM
this is informative, interesting that we lost a prospect to a league rival. It's not negative; it is a fact.

You could spin it positive that Lemonis' cast aways are being lapped up by the beta programs

Not surprising that you are defensive to my post.

Coach34
07-13-2021, 09:02 PM
People Please:

James
Tanner
Cumbest
Foreskin
Clark
South Al Transfer
Skinner
Hancock?
McDonald
Plus a couple of bigtime signees

Sims
Cade Smith
Fristoe
Harding
Tullar
B. Smith
Johnson wasn’t drafted
Stinnet wasn’t drafted
Juco Lefty transfer that throws 95

We are a top 10 team again in 2022

KOdawg1
07-13-2021, 09:28 PM
We are a top 5 team again in 2022

FIFY

99jc
07-13-2021, 09:29 PM
People Please:

James
Tanner
Cumbest
Foreskin
Clark
South Al Transfer
Skinner
Hancock?
McDonald
Plus a couple of bigtime signees

Sims
Cade Smith
Fristoe
Harding
Tullar
B. Smith
Johnson wasn’t drafted
Stinnet wasn’t drafted
Juco Lefty transfer that throws 95

We are a top 10 team again in 2022

Damn your gonna get roasted like i did for saying that....lol.

KOdawg1
07-13-2021, 09:31 PM

I don't see it as a negative thread at all...

We're so loaded that we're having to tell good pitchers we don't have room or playing time for them.

chef dixon
07-13-2021, 09:42 PM
I find it hard to care about any moves/draft casualties this off-season. I mean we just won the freaking natty. We are currently the standard. I have reached an unfamiliar sports fan satisfaction and it is awesome.

Cowbell
07-13-2021, 10:02 PM
Serious question on Lovett. I thought he pitched decent in early opportunities- I saw him first had in Texas the opening weekend and was impressed. Did something happen off the mound that caused lemonis not to give him much playing time down the stretch.

Homedawg
07-13-2021, 10:04 PM
Serious question on Lovett. I thought he pitched decent in early opportunities- I saw him first had in Texas the opening weekend and was impressed. Did something happen off the mound that caused lemonis not to give him much playing time down the stretch.

He got hurt and missed opportunities. Then those were gone. He's a gifted kid. Good luck to him.

AlSwearengen
07-13-2021, 10:07 PM

I remember seeing him a couple of times and he had trouble with control. I think both games were midweek blowouts. I too thought he did fairly well against Texas and was a little surprised that he didn’t contribute later on but he didn’t pitch as well as that first game he pitched in.

Cowbell
07-13-2021, 10:42 PM
He got hurt and missed opportunities. Then those were gone. He's a gifted kid. Good luck to him.

Thanks for the intel. Glad to hear. I wish him well.

Coach34
07-13-2021, 10:50 PM
Damn your gonna get roasted like i did for saying that....lol.

Was drinking and texting with some other Elitedawgs. And they were giving him shit saying he wasn’t what we needed. I explained that he was a rookie and needed to grow. He was Foreskin. It stuck in April. He is forever our guy at SS Foreskin

MSUDAWGFAN
07-14-2021, 09:21 AM
We will have back to back championships

FIFY.

WPS
07-14-2021, 01:02 PM
He is but he's also worst prospect in that infield next year. He could very well be benched if he doesn't hit better. They have legit hitters they can play over him

His defense is too good at SS to be benched. He'll probably hit in the 9-hole though. Matt Goodheart just signed as a UDFA but overall the draft was very good to Arkansas.

Ole Miss returns a ton of their lineup too, LSU's offense should be nasty as well. Seems like a lot of the West's pitching is up in the air though. Could be some high scoring games next season...but I'm sure there are pitchers who will step up for each team that we have no idea about right now.

Coach34
07-14-2021, 03:23 PM
State’s pitching staff will remain elite- will have a decent line-up
LSU and Mississippi’s hitting line-ups will be the best in the SEC but their drop off in pitching will be ugly
UPig will be decent but they gonna fall back a year as they rebuild and get experience
Alabama lost a lot of talent for them
Butch isn’t doing anything at Auburn

AlSwearengen
07-14-2021, 03:47 PM
Who did Arkansas actually lose other than Wicklander, Kopps, and Franklin?

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2021, 04:06 PM
State’s pitching staff will remain elite- will have a decent line-up
LSU and Mississippi’s hitting line-ups will be the best in the SEC but their drop off in pitching will be ugly
UPig will be decent but they gonna fall back a year as they rebuild and get experience
Alabama lost a lot of talent for them
Butch isn’t doing anything at Auburn

Arkansas' lineup will be better or similar to LSU's. Arkansas pitching is meh but better than LSU's

Maroonthirteen
07-14-2021, 04:10 PM
The guy is from Houston, TX. Good for him getting to return closer to home.

WPS
07-14-2021, 04:17 PM
Who did Arkansas actually lose other than Wicklander, Kopps, and Franklin?

Catcher Casey Opitz
DH Matt Goodheart
Relief pitcher Caden Monke
Relief pitcher Ryan Costeiu
3B Cullen Smith
Sunday starter Lael Lockhart

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2021, 04:20 PM
His defense is too good at SS to be benched. He'll probably hit in the 9-hole though. Matt Goodheart just signed as a UDFA but overall the draft was very good to Arkansas.

Ole Miss returns a ton of their lineup too, LSU's offense should be nasty as well. Seems like a lot of the West's pitching is up in the air though. Could be some high scoring games next season...but I'm sure there are pitchers who will step up for each team that we have no idea about right now.

Robert Moore was promised to play SS next year but Battles came back.

DVH either moves Battles or has an issue.

Coach34
07-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Arkansas' lineup will be better or similar to LSU's. Arkansas pitching is meh but better than LSU's

I respect your baseball knowledge- but no it won't. LSU is going to have the best hitting line-up in the country.

Dugas and his 16 HR's return
Tre Morgan hit .370 as a Freshman
Crews hit .350 and 13 HR's as a Freshman
Doughtry hit .300 and had 12 HR's
Add one of Arizona's best hitters Jacob Berry who led the Pac-12 in extra base hits (17 HR's) and RBI's
and then add Samford's catcher who hit .346 and has power

Plus I think LSU will be better coached in 2022

UPig wont have that kind of line-up

The Federalist Engineer
07-14-2021, 07:02 PM
Catcher Casey Opitz
DH Matt Goodheart
Relief pitcher Caden Monke
Relief pitcher Ryan Costeiu
3B Cullen Smith
Sunday starter Lael Lockhart

Hey WPS, Hogs are going to be awesome, I wonder how good Wiggins is going to be for you guys in 2022. Rumors of 100 mph pitches from Wiggins. Is he prime time or am I reading propaganda?

Just a theory based on scanning hitting stats, I think next year could be the year of the 23 and 24 year old hitters that the draft left behind. Since The draft is sniping Jud Fabians before they fully figure out College pitching, having good developed kids might be just as good or better than elite freshman that are finally facing elite peers.

WPS
07-14-2021, 07:12 PM
Hey WPS, Hogs are going to be awesome, I wonder how good Wiggins is going to be for you guys in 2022. Rumors of 100 mph pitches from Wiggins. Is he prime time or am I reading propaganda?

He?s been pitching well for team USA. He definitely has a big time fastball and first round pick potential but he needs to develop some secondary pitches over the offseason. It doesn?t matter how hard you throw if there?s no movement on it. I would expect him to be our Friday guy next season though (depends on Pallette?s health) and he?s really fun to watch pitch.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2021, 09:58 AM
I respect your baseball knowledge- but no it won't. LSU is going to have the best hitting line-up in the country.

Dugas and his 16 HR's return
Tre Morgan hit .370 as a Freshman
Crews hit .350 and 13 HR's as a Freshman
Doughtry hit .300 and had 12 HR's
Add one of Arizona's best hitters Jacob Berry who led the Pac-12 in extra base hits (17 HR's) and RBI's
and then add Samford's catcher who hit .346 and has power

Plus I think LSU will be better coached in 2022

UPig wont have that kind of line-up

Possibly. Arkansas has a freshman coming in that could be the best hitter in the SEC next year. Add him to Wallace, Robert Moore, & Slavens & they've got a ton of thunder

Coach34
07-15-2021, 11:18 AM
Possibly. Arkansas has a freshman coming in that could be the best hitter in the SEC next year. Add him to Wallace, Robert Moore, & Slavens & they've got a ton of thunder

The kid from Haughton will be very good but Crews has to be the early favorite for SEC POY in 2022

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2021, 12:00 PM
The kid from Haughton will be very good but Crews has to be the early favorite for SEC POY in 2022

Agree and Crews being a CF helps that case. Haughton is a better pure hitter though