PDA

View Full Version : Are they still planning on doing something with the South End zone?

Jack Lambert
07-12-2021, 10:58 AM
Has anyone heard?

OLJWales
07-12-2021, 11:07 AM
Need to bowl it in. Yesterday..

StarkVegasSteve
07-12-2021, 11:13 AM
I think those plans have been put on hold for a while. I don't really think they're certain with what they want to do and they're against adding more capacity since we can't sell out the current stadium. For awhile I had heard the plan was to bowl it and then chairback the entire lower bowl to keep capacity about the same, but I believe there was some type of structural problem with doing that.

Dawgbite
07-12-2021, 11:32 AM
Your going to see a lot of empty seats this fall and I honestly don’t see a return to full capacity any time soon.

OLJWales
07-12-2021, 11:45 AM
We are going to have a great season propelling the bowling in.

basedog
07-12-2021, 11:48 AM
IFFY

StarkVegasSteve
07-12-2021, 11:59 AM
Your going to see a lot of empty seats this fall and I honestly don’t see a return to full capacity any time soon.

I tend to agree with this and I don't think it has anything to do with on the field performance. Reduced capacity last year forced the casual fan who might go to 3-4 ballgames a year to watch the game from home and they realized they didn't mind it and saved a few thousand dollars in the process. I don't know that you'll ever get that type of fan back unless you start winning at an incredible clip or you have a massive game, think A&M and Auburn in 14 or Bama in 17.

Medic601
07-12-2021, 12:50 PM
My personal opinion, I think your casual MSU sports fan who will casually attend sporting events has crossed over to baseball for the foreseeable future. Until football gets back rolling again, I don’t expect to see a packed house like we did during the end of the Dak era.

Once football gets rolling again, COVID is behind us, and all of those obstacles are ironed out… maybe but until that time I see the casual fan that provided a few thousand (10ish) seats at the football games will put their support behind baseball and will be at The Dude for a while. Once again, just my opinion.

OLJWales
07-12-2021, 01:00 PM
Give our football fans a stadium they can be proud of. Open end zones don't belong in the SEC. Its an embarrassing eyesore. Cowbells, Acoustics, louder and shit.

Dawg2003
07-12-2021, 01:10 PM
We're just not naturally a football school. I wish we had more support, but we don't. I don't know how that bodes for the future, but being in the SEC West is absolutely brutal. It's almost impossible to get ahead in our circumstance.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-12-2021, 01:10 PM
Bowl it in with a convention center/hotel/retail Restaurant Bar. Put chairbacks on lower level sidelines, reduce capacity and increase prices?casual fan days are over?that being said, I bought season tickets last year but not buying this year.

R2Dawg
07-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Give our football fans a stadium they can be proud of. Open end zones don't belong in the SEC. Its an embarrassing eyesore. Cowbells, Acoustics, louder and shit.

I disagree. We have a stadium to be proud of; it may not be the biggest but we have a nice stadium and it has a lot of character. I don't mind the open endzone. Just a big bowl is nothing special, everybody got a cheezy bowl - see OM but the stadium sucks. UT is a suck stadium too. Our stadium is nice. Now would I be opposed to something one day, no. I don't think we will be able to justify it for a while though for all the reasons others have listed.

basedog
07-12-2021, 01:39 PM
After last year which I didn't attend a football game, I want be buying season football tickets. My priority has changed, I have too many other hobbies now days like hunting and doing more traveling.

Hot Rock
07-12-2021, 01:46 PM
I bought season tickets and I will be there myself.

State82
07-12-2021, 02:06 PM
I haven't heard of anything for the near future and really don't expect it. I do hope the immediate plan is for Will Rogers to toss a bunch of completions into it.

Maroonthirteen
07-12-2021, 02:33 PM
1. Before a "bowl in". Demo the entire west side and start over. Build something first class, more suites, luxury seating with chairbacks and all the latest amenities for the fan.

2. The attendance problem is.....
TV product is huge competition and much cheaper alternative.
Tickets to expensive for the product. The university is making a killing from tv. No need to still charge the common man $75-125 a ticket per game.
Poor customer service (metal detectors and concessions)

maroonmania
07-12-2021, 02:46 PM
1. Before a "bowl in". Demo the entire west side and start over. Build something first class, more suites, luxury seating with chairbacks and all the latest amenities for the fan.

Tickets to expensive for the product. The university is making a killing from tv. No need to still charge the common man $75-125 a ticket per game.

I think every game being on TV hurts us more than most because our fans have to travel further to get to campus on average than probably any fanbase in the SEC. Starkville is just too far from a large population base. Also, I think NIL is going to hurt us going forward because we don't have enough boosters that are 'all in'. Certainly not as many as OM or most of the rest of the SEC.

basedog
07-12-2021, 03:23 PM
I think every game being on TV hurts us more than most because our fans have to travel further to get to campus on average than probably any fanbase in the SEC. Starkville is just too far from a large population base. Also, I think NIL is going to hurt us going forward because we don't have enough boosters that are 'all in'. Certainly not as many as OM or most of the rest of the SEC.

You would be surprised. Also those 11:00 games are killers!

BuckyIsAB****
07-12-2021, 03:48 PM
The stadium is fine and no part of it is an eyesore. I would be down for a expanding iit but it is not a priority. It will be rocking this fall I am pumped for that atmosphere to come back. We had really made it one of the best in the country till Moorheads last season.

The biggest need State has is a new IPF. It is a must. It is literally the only piece we are missing. The Palmerio should become baseball only. Football deserves its own top notch deal. OM has one and it is the only thing they have that is better than ours.

Liverpooldawg
07-12-2021, 06:48 PM
The next thing that will be done is to bring the east side under the stands up to the standard of the rest of the stadium. That is probably all we need to do for the near term future.

dotcomdawg
07-12-2021, 08:42 PM
We don't need much more seating capacity (if any, maybe 2k). I would install chair backs for all stadium seating except for the student section and the visitor section. That would lower the capacity. Then I would mirror the north end zone.

Though I do like the hotel-in-the-endzone idea, and it was seriously discussed for a bit. But it's not going to happen. Too bad, that would be revolutionary.

Cowbell
07-12-2021, 10:27 PM
After last year which I didn't attend a football game, I want be buying season football tickets. My priority has changed, I have too many other hobbies now days like hunting and doing more traveling.
This is exactly where I am at as well. I've been hunting in the mountains for atleast 3 of our games the last three years and it's gotten easier to do each time.

OLJWales
07-13-2021, 01:53 AM
We're just not naturally a football school. I wish we had more support, but we don't. I don't know how that bodes for the future, but being in the SEC West is absolutely brutal. It's almost impossible to get ahead in our circumstance.

17 this. Loser mentality.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2021, 01:56 AM
What a loser thread this turned out to be. Good heavens, we're an SEC school, freaking act like it.

- The M-Club looks awful. It's faded and an eye sore. It's also the most seen building on campus due to TV. It's brutal and needs he demoed and bowled in immediately. It's terrible and an indictment on all of you that you accept it.

- We are a football school. We were number 1 in 2014, have numerous great NFL players, and have been to bowl games for 11 or so years in a row. Baseball don't pay the bills or build a school brand like football. We darn better be a football school.

- Does COVID somehow spread quicker at DWS than DNF? Because I saw 20K at DNF for a 17ing parade. A 1.7.I.N.G parade.....quit the COVID excuse. You lost that privilege this baseball season

- Our football stadium's south end zone is the quite possibly the cheapest looking thing that makes it on Tv in the SEC. It devalues our University and quite frankly, if you don't agree with that, you need to raise your standards in life.

This woo is me BS has to stop! I agree CFB needs to cut scholarships to increase parity which will increase attendance, but we've got a winning program here that needs the support of its fan base. It's important to the school and state to do so.

Get your shit together MSU fans. This thread and it's tone are straight trash.

Lord McBuckethead
07-13-2021, 02:04 AM
I would build a new Hump before I bowled in the south endzone.

I would build a new Dorman as well.

The M club looks like we a community college.

So I say do all three. Why not? It only gets more expensive every year. We are talking maybe 170 million to do it right. That is like 3 years of SEC money.

OLJWales
07-13-2021, 02:20 AM
What a loser thread this turned out to be. Good heavens, we're an SEC school, freaking act like it.

- The M-Club looks awful. It's faded and an eye sore. It's also the most seen building on campus due to TV. It's brutal and needs he demoed and bowled in immediately. It's terrible and an indictment on all of you that you accept it.

- We are a football school. We were number 1 in 2014, have numerous great NFL players, and have been to bowl games for 11 or so years in a row. Baseball don't pay the bills or build a school brand like football. We darn better be a football school.

- Does COVID somehow spread quicker at DWS than DNF? Because I saw 20K at DNF for a 17ing parade. A 1.7.I.N.G parade.....quit the COVID excuse. You lost that privilege this baseball season

- Our football stadium's south end zone is the quite possibly the cheapest looking thing that makes it on Tv in the SEC. It devalues our University and quite frankly, if you don't agree with that, you need to raise your standards in life.

This woo is me BS has to stop! I agree CFB needs to cut scholarships to increase parity which will increase attendance, but we've got a winning program here that needs the support of its fan base. It's important to the school and state to do so.

This X 10. Repped.

TheLostDawg
07-13-2021, 06:09 AM
My personal opinion, I think your casual MSU sports fan who will casually attend sporting events has crossed over to baseball for the foreseeable future. Until football gets back rolling again, I don?t expect to see a packed house like we did during the end of the Dak era.

Once football gets rolling again, COVID is behind us, and all of those obstacles are ironed out? maybe but until that time I see the casual fan that provided a few thousand (10ish) seats at the football games will put their support behind baseball and will be at The Dude for a while. Once again, just my opinion.

And just where are these thousands of fans going to sit?

Liverpooldawg
07-13-2021, 09:07 AM

It ain't happening anytime soon. The MClub looks better than thousands of empty seats would. As I said the next thing planned for the stadium is to bring the east side underneath the stands (the REAL eyesore in our stadium) up to the standard of the rest of the stadium. That is more important to those who actually go to the games than what it looks like on TV. For the record I usually get to a game or three but I watch the rest on TV. Y'all ain't dealing in reality. One more thing, I doubt you are going to see anything new facilities wise that isn't already in an advanced planning stage for a few years. The NIL thing is a major change and who knows how it's going to shake out.

Leroy Jenkins
07-13-2021, 09:53 AM
We can absolutely pull off something like this adding functionality and aesthetics without adding unnecessary seating.

https://footballstadiumdigest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Texas-Tech-South-End-Zone.jpg

BuckyIsAB****
07-13-2021, 10:53 AM

You are totally overreacting. It is not an eyesore and I dont know anyone who cares about it as much as you do. I love the passion but it is not nearly that big of a deal. Idk if you have ever been inside of it but it is nice on the inside. Looks fine to me on the outside. State football needs an IPF 10x more than we need this.

If you have been inside the Palmerio you would agree. Maybe you have but it is a joke compared to OMs. The rest of our facilities shit on it and OMs. DWS will be back to being one of the best gameday environments in the country in 2021.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2021, 10:58 AM
It is not an eyesore and I dont know anyone who cares about it as much as you do.

You & everyone else need to raise their standards.

I agree with the rest of your post, but the M Club is an unacceptable front porch of the school

BuckyIsAB****
07-13-2021, 12:03 PM

I agree with the rest of your post, but the M Club is an unacceptable front porch of the school

Its not the front porch of the school. Its just not that big of a deal. The stadium is fine. We have bigger needs than this. We just do.

Cowbell
07-13-2021, 12:14 PM

While I agree we need to improve the stadium, the Dude is our front porch

basedog
07-13-2021, 12:24 PM

Exactly, we have always been a baseball school and we always will be a baseball school.

OLJWales
07-13-2021, 12:36 PM

We got more exposure during DAK's 5 week run than the natty. The natty is super special though because ite recent and our first. The M Club's beauty or not doesn't matter; the ugliness of an open endzone is what matters.

BulldogBear
07-13-2021, 01:59 PM

#2 above for sure. Ticket prices are overblown everywhere at every school.

OLJWales
07-13-2021, 02:34 PM
Good points about ticket prices when considering the other sources of revenue. It's like athletic departments being publicly traded on the NYSE with shareholders pounding their fists screaming "17 the average fan!!, let them eat cake!"

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2021, 04:06 PM

No. The many many many more people see DWS than DNF. Many more. It's not close.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2021, 04:06 PM
Exactly, we have always been a baseball school and we always will be a baseball school.

This is an unacceptable narrative. I love baseball, but it's best if we're a football school & attempt to be that.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2021, 04:07 PM
We got more exposure during DAK's 5 week run than the natty. The natty is super special though because ite recent and our first. The M Club's beauty or not doesn't matter; the ugliness of an open endzone is what matters.

Correct. It's not close

basedog
07-13-2021, 04:18 PM
This is an unacceptable narrative. I love baseball, but it's best if we're a football school & attempt to be that.

Has nothing to do with football but we are recognized around the country as a "baseball school", it just is Gun. There is nothing wrong with this statement. Best thing for Msu football is we are in the Sec which is known for for football and baseball.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2021, 04:30 PM
Has nothing to do with football but we are recognized around the country as a "baseball school", it just is Gun. There is nothing wrong with this statement. Best thing for Msu football is we are in the Sec which is known for for football and baseball.

But that's the thing, we all love baseball, but it's not watched around the country. For a national brand, you've got to play football well

OLJWales
07-13-2021, 04:31 PM

Current recognition is what it is for now due to the recent natty. The football fanbase is so much bigger though and that's where the money is. Watch us go on a solid football run however and your opinion will change overnight.

BuckyIsAB****
07-13-2021, 04:43 PM

I think that is more of an opinion than a fact

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2021, 05:30 PM

6 million viewers for Auburn/MSU in 2014 https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/10/sec-tv-ratings-2014-mississippi-state-auburn-cbs-college-football-viewership/

6.6 million viewers for MSU/LSU in 2020 https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/msu-lsu-tv-rating-92920

College World Series viewers average 755K per game & likely mostly the same people each game. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/07/college-world-series-ratings-decline-espn-mlb-uefa-euros/

conclusion, I love college baseball, but, if we want to build our brand & school, we've simply got to compete in football .

Turfdawg67
07-13-2021, 05:57 PM

Jumping in here late, but I got WAYYYY more comments, in my current town in GA, for being #1 in football, than I have since we won a Natty in baseball. Like 10-1. Sorry, football and even basketball mean more to most of the country. Truth

BuckyIsAB****
07-13-2021, 08:17 PM
6 million viewers for Auburn/MSU in 2014 https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/10/sec-tv-ratings-2014-mississippi-state-auburn-cbs-college-football-viewership/

6.6 million viewers for MSU/LSU in 2020 https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/msu-lsu-tv-rating-92920

College World Series viewers average 755K per game & likely mostly the same people each game. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/07/college-world-series-ratings-decline-espn-mlb-uefa-euros/

conclusion, I love college baseball, but, if we want to build our brand & school, we've simply got to compete in football .

No I was talking about the end zone being ugly bc its not bowled in. It looks fine to me.

Football absolutely pays the bills we agree there

BuckyIsAB****
07-13-2021, 08:18 PM
Guys again, I am not arguing baseball is more important than football. I am arguing the stadium is fine and yall are over reacting. We need a football only top notch IPF to match the rest of our facilities

OLJWales
07-13-2021, 08:40 PM
Guys again, I am not arguing baseball is more important than football. I am arguing the stadium is fine and yall are over reacting. We need a football only top notch IPF to match the rest of our facilities

Except the stadium is NOT fine.

CaptainObvious
07-13-2021, 10:08 PM
We can absolutely pull off something like this adding functionality and aesthetics without adding unnecessary seating.

https://footballstadiumdigest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Texas-Tech-South-End-Zone.jpg

I like what you did with the Junction. That is just a lot of wasted green space. Tailgating is passe?.

Cowbell
07-13-2021, 10:45 PM

100% agree

BuckyIsAB****
07-13-2021, 11:21 PM
Except the stadium is NOT fine.

That is an opinion not a fact

OLJWales
07-14-2021, 01:08 AM
That is an opinion not a fact

I guess it boils down to whether or not you care if we're competitive or not in the West. Dude goes on crootin visits and we are the only open end zone. That sucks.
E

gtowndawg
07-14-2021, 08:34 AM
To back up Shotgun (yes, football is more important), more people watched us in the freakin' armed forces bowl than the college world series championship game 3. And it wasn't close.

Baseball is fun, but nationally it means little compared to football or basketball.

"Wednesday’s deciding Game 3 of the College World Series final (Mississippi State-Vanderbilt) averaged a tournament-high 1.67 million viewers on ESPN2, down a relatively modest 16% from the 2019 Game 3 on ESPN (Vanderbilt-Michigan: 2.00M). Game 2, the only game of the final to air on ESPN, averaged 1.41 million (-28%)."

12/31, Noon Armed Forces: MSST-TULSA ESPN 1.4 +17% 2.25M (viewers)

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/07/college-world-series-ratings-decline-espn-mlb-uefa-euros/
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

OLJWales
07-14-2021, 12:18 PM
To back up Shotgun (yes, football is more important), more people watched us in the freakin' armed forces bowl than the college world series championship game 3. And it wasn't close.

Baseball is fun, but nationally it means little compared to football or basketball.

"Wednesday’s deciding Game 3 of the College World Series final (Mississippi State-Vanderbilt) averaged a tournament-high 1.67 million viewers on ESPN2, down a relatively modest 16% from the 2019 Game 3 on ESPN (Vanderbilt-Michigan: 2.00M). Game 2, the only game of the final to air on ESPN, averaged 1.41 million (-28%)."

12/31, Noon Armed Forces: MSST-TULSA ESPN 1.4 +17% 2.25M (viewers)

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/07/college-world-series-ratings-decline-espn-mlb-uefa-euros/
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

never would have thought more watched our bowl game vs natty game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-14-2021, 01:07 PM
COVID is behind us....

Wait a minute... I thought it was here for good

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2021, 01:25 PM
never would have thought more watched our bowl game vs natty game.

The NBA finals being moved back and thus the CWS being moved to ESPN2 had a lot to do with that.

BuckyIsAB****
07-14-2021, 06:09 PM
I guess it boils down to whether or not you care if we're competitive or not in the West. Dude goes on crootin visits and we are the only open end zone. That sucks.
E

I dont think kids give a shit about open end zones or not. Matter of fact I know they dont

gtowndawg
07-15-2021, 07:42 AM
The NBA finals being moved back and thus the CWS being moved to ESPN2 had a lot to do with that.

Some, but not much....

Game 3 of the 2019 College World Series (On ESPN, no NBA competition) drew 2,020,596 viewers. Still less than our Armed Forces Bowl appearance.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/michigan-vanderbilt-produce-big-college-world-series-viewership-for-espn/

Liverpooldawg
07-15-2021, 08:31 AM
If you take your maroon glasses off and look at college baseball its a minor sport. No fanbase loves it as much as we do and very, very few even come close. It's no surprise at all than the bowl game had more TVs tuned in than the baseball final.

gtowndawg
07-15-2021, 09:21 AM
If you take your maroon glasses off and look at college baseball its a minor sport. No fanbase loves it as much as we do and very, very few even come close. It's no surprise at all than the bowl game had more TVs tuned in than the baseball final.

I love baseball, it's fun, the CWS was awesome. But football pulls the wagon and it's not remotely close.

Bothrops
07-15-2021, 12:53 PM
E

Our stadium is currently better than that of Vandy, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. If we just simply bowled-in the SEZ our position in the SEC stadiums probably stays the same spot. I'd rather wait and do something innovative but see if fan support warrants such an investment first. I see a lot of people making excuses not to go to games, and that's not good.

basedog
07-15-2021, 01:23 PM
You guys are missing the point, no one is saying Baseball is the most important sport and we all know football pays the bills. But Msu is a Baseball School, nothing wrong with this being the case! Wake me up when football at Msu dominates like baseball, and it ain't the stadium, it's about quality Coaches who can recruit and coach guys up!

CaptainObvious
07-15-2021, 10:48 PM
Wouldn?t it make more sense to close it in and to reconfigure the whole stadium with chairback seats all the way around the lower bowl, cutting seating capacity back down to around 60,000 max? 18,000 on each side and 12,000 corner to corner in each end?

TheLostDawg
07-15-2021, 11:10 PM
Wouldn?t it make more sense to close it in and to reconfigure the whole stadium with chairback seats all the way around the lower bowl, cutting seating capacity back down to around 60,000 max? 18,000 on each side and 12,000 corner to corner in each end?

Wasn't there a logistics problem with this and they couldn't do it?

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 01:08 PM
You guys are missing the point, no one is saying Baseball is the most important sport and we all know football pays the bills. But Msu is a Baseball School, nothing wrong with this being the case! Wake me up when football at Msu dominates like baseball, and it ain't the stadium, it's about quality Coaches who can recruit and coach guys up!

UGA's last natty was baseball. Were they saying then they were now going to be a baseball school? I would even bet their hoops never sacrified $1 after the baseball natty. I'm sure we definitely prioritize baseball more than anybody else when looking at Athletic Budgets and the perentages I would assume. From a fan pride angle, yep, we are a baseball school. But to just say "We are a baseball school" makes as much sense as saying Amazon is a book bidness.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 01:15 PM
Our stadium is currently better than that of Vandy, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. If we just simply bowled-in the SEZ our position in the SEC stadiums probably stays the same spot. I'd rather wait and do something innovative but see if fan support warrants such an investment first. I see a lot of people making excuses not to go to games, and that's not good.

Having an open end zone in the SEC makes you look weak. Reduce northern capacity and bowl in the south. It would improve the aesthetics X 100 and help crootin' X 100.

basedog
07-16-2021, 02:58 PM
UGA's last natty was baseball. Were they saying then they were now going to be a baseball school? I would even bet their hoops never sacrified $1 after the baseball natty. I'm sure we definitely prioritize baseball more than anybody else when looking at Athletic Budgets and the perentages I would assume. From a fan pride angle, yep, we are a baseball school. But to just say "We are a baseball school" makes as much sense as saying Amazon is a book bidness.

Not even a close comparison. Georgia caught lightning in a bottle that year. We?ve been good a long time and so many Msu folks say ?can?t wait till baseball starts?.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 03:06 PM
Not even a close comparison. Georgia caught lightning in a bottle that year. We?ve been good a long time and so many Msu folks say ?can?t wait till baseball starts?.

good catch and you make sense. It's definitely, especially now the sport that brings tons of more fan pride than the other 2. I still say our next investment needs to bowl in that ugly south endzone. Football has and will always be the financial foundation of our Athl Dept.

basedog
07-16-2021, 04:39 PM
good catch and you make sense. It's definitely, especially now the sport that brings tons of more fan pride than the other 2. I still say our next investment needs to bowl in that ugly south endzone. Football has and will always be the financial foundation of our Athl Dept.

Only way I see bowling the south end zone is how much the Pirate wins the next few years. We don’t necessarily need mor seating right now. Like someone stated the east stands need improvements like the west side.
Gonna be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold this year.

I’m not seeing a hotel wanting to invest in south end zone. Why would they want something that only is attractive except a few weeks out of the year. Not sure basketball or even. Aseball would attract much attention for them.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 05:07 PM
Only way I see bowling the south end zone is how much the Pirate wins the next few years. We don’t necessarily need mor seating right now. Like someone stated the east stands need improvements like the west side.
Gonna be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold this year.

I’m not seeing a hotel wanting to invest in south end zone. Why would they want something that only is attractive except a few weeks out of the year. Not sure basketball or even. Aseball would attract much attention for them.

Good points. Starting the project tomorrow would be a bad look and ill-advised. A decision needs to be made after this year; one way or the other pending on field results.

basedog
07-16-2021, 05:31 PM
Good points. Starting the project tomorrow would be a bad look and ill-advised. A decision needs to be made after this year; one way or the other pending on field results.

Let’s see how this year goes. Also the Hump needs improvements. Btw I’d rather see indoor practice facility for football before work on the south end zone. Maybe Dak will contribute and we put his statue in front.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 05:39 PM
Let’s see how this year goes. Also the Hump needs improvements. Btw I’d rather see indoor practice facility for football before work on the south end zone. Maybe Dak will contribute and we put his statue in front.

That's an interesting take. I would like to know about our IPF, how it compares to others and what the current drawbacks are. Oh, and yes, I'm a dumbass on these matters. But I do remember Tuberville holding practice in a parking lot. I jerked to it. LOL

RocketDawg
07-16-2021, 06:11 PM

Doing that would certainly be nice, but ticket prices would have to increase substantially via seat access fees.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 06:29 PM
Doing that would certainly be nice, but ticket prices would have to increase substantially via seat access fees.

No, they wouldn't HAVE to.

Bothrops
07-16-2021, 10:46 PM
Having an open end zone in the SEC makes you look weak. Reduce northern capacity and bowl in the south. It would improve the aesthetics X 100 and help crootin' X 100.

Reduce North endzone capacity? How? Why? That's the new part of the stadium and the only part that makes ours better than the ones I mentioned. Bowling in didn't do shit for Ole Miss because they did it to increase capacity over Davis-Wade. Mission accomplished and nothing gained but more empty benches. I want something that others will want to copy, just like with NEZ. That was innovative.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 10:56 PM
Reduce North endzone capacity? How? Why? That's the new part of the stadium and the only part that makes ours better than the ones I mentioned. Bowling in didn't do shit for Ole Miss because they did it to increase capacity over Davis-Wade. Mission accomplished and nothing gained but more empty benches. I want something that others will want to copy, just like with NEZ. That was innovative.

Ask any fan or Athletic Department Head how they would feel if they would like to tear down an endzone and replace it with a Davis Wade Southern zone. I don't accept Bush League attitudes and our endzone looks like total shit. First Impressions and Shit.

Bothrops
07-16-2021, 10:59 PM
Ask any fan or Athletic Department Head how they would feel if they would like to tear down an endzone and replace it with a Davis Wade Southern zone. I don't accept Bush League attitudes and our endzone looks like total shit. First Impressions and Shit.

What the hell are you talking about?

Pinto
07-16-2021, 11:46 PM
We really need to cut the top off the west side and make it match the East. The top tier is terrible and press box is last due for an upgrade.

However if we are air castling, I want to tear the whole thing down and build and English soccer type stadium. Such as Emirates but top capacity at 65K.

Something should be done with the south end zone. I feel like it was a mistake to do the scoreboard club on the north. We should have left that part off and put that money to the south end zone. Auburns stadium was like that before they expanded.

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 11:53 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

What part of "looks like total shit" do you not understand?

OLJWales
07-16-2021, 11:59 PM
We really need to cut the top off the west side and make it match the East. The top tier is terrible and press box is last due for an upgrade.

However if we are air castling, I want to tear the whole thing down and build and English soccer type stadium. Such as Emirates but top capacity at 65K.

Something should be done with the south end zone. I feel like it was a mistake to do the scoreboard club on the north. We should have left that part off and put that money to the south end zone. Auburns stadium was like that before they expanded.

I don't think we need to tear down what we just built. Based on what Ive read and pics Ive seen, we've got good engineering and architect folk. We can handle this.

KOdawg1
07-17-2021, 09:11 AM

No.. it's really not.

I love baseball as much as anyone here.

But football should always be #1.

R2Dawg
07-17-2021, 12:30 PM

I agree. The thinking that bigger is better is not right either. We are as good as UK, AR, UT, USC. Bowl in DWS and we are better than Auburn and maybe a few more IMHO. Concrete and steel and more empty seats don't make a stadium great. Great fans and some uniqueness is what makes one stand out. Next time we do anything, it needs to break some barriers and add something no one else has.

Jarius
07-17-2021, 02:23 PM

It may stay in the same spot but there won't be a noticeable difference between ours and the ones that are only a tier above ours. Having an open endzone makes us look noticeably worse than the ones above us. That is an unnecessary eye sore for the most important sports venue on campus.

OLJWales
07-17-2021, 02:48 PM
It may stay in the same spot but there won't be a noticeable difference between ours and the ones that are only a tier above ours. Having an open endzone makes us look noticeably worse than the ones above us. That is an unnecessary eye sore for the most important sports venue on campus.

Yep. Allocating the money anywhere other than getting rid of the eye sore is dumb.

Bothrops
07-17-2021, 10:10 PM
What part of "looks like total shit" do you not understand?

For some reason I thought I read that you wanted to rearrange a portion of the NEZ, or something like that. South endzone needs help, I agree. But it needs something unique to DWS, yet practical for fans.

OLJWales
07-17-2021, 10:43 PM
For some reason I thought I read that you wanted to rearrange a portion of the NEZ, or something like that. South endzone needs help, I agree. But it needs something unique to DWS, yet practical for fans.

Yep. We certainly aint gonna have the same folks that closed that end zone at Ole miss bid. Does that job they did on that rank the worst? Agree on uniqueness. Im confident we will have the best minds money can buy to do an excellent job based on what happened with the Dude and Davis Wade.

BuckyIsAB****
07-18-2021, 09:11 AM
No.. it's really not.

I love baseball as much as anyone here.

But football should always be #1.

Again go back and read, I am not arguing that

BuckyIsAB****
07-18-2021, 09:13 AM
Just an honest question, why do yall care so much about an open end zone? Looks fine to me and I can promise you kids dont give a shit about it. Like ive said, an IPF would benefit the football program so much more than this

Jarius
07-18-2021, 09:52 AM
Just an honest question, why do yall care so much about an open end zone? Looks fine to me and I can promise you kids dont give a shit about it. Like ive said, an IPF would benefit the football program so much more than this

If we lived in the Pac 12 I would not care. We live in the SEC and outside Vandy (who doesn’t care at all about football) no one else has an open EZ. That should tell us something. It looks like we are not as big time as we should look for the neighborhood we live in. The players may not give a shit. I would be surprised if in the back of some of the big time guys minds they don’t look at our stadium as “small time” compared to a lot of the big names they visit though. We have a 9 figure budget. Both an IPF and the South EZ need to happen, along with updates to the press box.

Coach34
07-18-2021, 02:46 PM

This is the correct answer. Recruits dont care about the open end zone, but the lack of a football IPF does make them notice

OLJWales
07-18-2021, 04:16 PM
This is the correct answer. Recruits dont care about the open end zone, but the lack of a football IPF does make them notice

We don't have an IPF? Or is it out dated? (Palmiero Center) right? If so, we need both. Let's hope we have a much better than expected year and that can happen. Having a good brand nationally is important and that open end zone is just plain out weak looking. It's like showing up in jeans when everybody else is in a suit and tie.

Coach34
07-18-2021, 07:18 PM
We don't have an IPF? Or is it out dated? (Palmiero Center) right? If so, we need both. Let's hope we have a much better than expected year and that can happen. Having a good brand nationally is important and that open end zone is just plain out weak looking. It's like showing up in jeans when everybody else is in a suit and tie.

The IPF is shared with baseball. We need a football-only facility

R2Dawg
07-18-2021, 07:33 PM
A dedicated IPF would be the first priority to me. We ain't going to sell out what we have now. We can't justify anything at DWS until we start winning again.

JWS winning started the upper deck expansion, Mullen winning made the north endzone happen. CML needs to start winning to start any real discussion but in a shrinking demand, still a tougher discussion.

OLJWales
07-18-2021, 07:47 PM
A dedicated IPF would be the first priority to me. We ain't going to sell out what we have now. We can't justify anything at DWS until we start winning again.

JWS winning started the upper deck expansion, Mullen winning made the north endzone happen. CML needs to start winning to start any real discussion but in a shrinking demand, still a tougher discussion.

I refuse to believe demand and passion for college football has lessened based on the Covid Season. The success or lack thereof this year will validate whose right come season's end one way or the other. Either way, the SENDZ is and looks embarrassing.

Coach34
07-18-2021, 07:49 PM
I refuse to believe demand and passion for college football has lessened based on the Covid Season. The success or lack thereof this year will validate whose right come season's end one way or the other. Either way, the SENDZ is and looks embarrassing.

We wont sell out a game this season

OLJWales
07-18-2021, 08:03 PM

If covid fears continue to escelate along with shitty play, that will be the case. If we get the pandemic under control combined with upsets, I'll bet your ass you are wrong. Bowl it in and unleash the true power of Cowbell.

Jarius
07-18-2021, 09:27 PM

If we start the season 3-0 the LSU game will 100% be a sellout. The Arkansas game last year would have sold out if we had full capacity available.

BrunswickDawg
07-19-2021, 07:20 AM

Yes we will - you think all those Bama fans in Columbus will pass up a chance to see their Tide play?

TheLostDawg
07-19-2021, 08:24 AM
I think we should have IPF and then come up with innovative ideas for the SEEZ. I imagine the SEEZ is going to be super expensive if we do it right as we will likely have to do chairbacks through the lower bowl to keep capacity around the same.
I liked the hotel idea especially since it will give students jobs and resume builders. You can't find a hotel in Starkville on game weekends and when you do they are super expensive. It would work if they did it right. MSU keeps Starkville alive. If we're going to keep improving we can't be scared to bring jobs in especially when it's a need. If they are scared of them filling, just keep the extra rooms shut down then have extra staff to come on during game weekend when the rooms are needed. It's not that hard. Hotels do it all the time. Add in the fact since the hotel isn't Starkville, you can set your own city tax fee (heard people complain about B&B prices because of the mayor's tax policy)

OLJWales
07-19-2021, 11:00 AM
If we go 9-3 or better, Cohen will form a coup and City Hall will be his.

R2Dawg
07-19-2021, 12:03 PM
Yes we will - you think all those Bama fans in Columbus will pass up a chance to see their Tide play?

Hah, hah, well played and probably true. The Walmart Bama bandwagon fans come out.

BuckyIsAB****
07-19-2021, 12:44 PM
The Palmerio is light years behind OM. And that is the only area they beat us in. The stadium, weight room, locker room, training room, all of the rest favor us.

Maroonthirteen
07-19-2021, 01:33 PM

However if we are air castling, I want to tear the whole thing down and build and English soccer type stadium. Such as Emirates but top capacity at 65K..

THis.....^^^

The West Side was built in the early 1900s. Added on here and there through the century until the last upgrade...... in 1985. 1985!!!! The first ten rows of the west side.... your view of the field is badly obstructed. It needs to be upgraded and modernized from row 1 to the top row of the upper. I would drop the whole thing and rebuild.

Start 12 ft off the ground. 30 rows of chairbacks. Loge and Club levels. Another 30 rows of chairbacks. Club level/MCLub, suites, more suites, press. No upper deck. Top would be similar to Green Bay's and FSU Stadium.

Maroonthirteen
07-19-2021, 01:37 PM

All depends on how Bama is doing and kickoff time.

2019 Bama/State was the least attended Bama/State game in Starkville that I can remember. Since....Croom or 96. It was all because of the 11am kick too. ....and Bama had a loss.

OLJWales
07-19-2021, 02:13 PM
Damn, now I'm getting concerned with this IPF Bidness.

trob115
07-19-2021, 02:22 PM
IPF is on the agenda to be built. Plans for 2022 are in the works.

BrunswickDawg
07-19-2021, 02:41 PM

Hopefully it is the Cox-Prescott-Smith-Slay IPF - they all have a lot in the bank right now.

Offshore Dawg
07-19-2021, 07:28 PM

This is very interesting, can you offer a little more incite.

R2Dawg
07-19-2021, 07:36 PM
Hopefully it is the Cox-Prescott-Smith-Slay IPF - they all have a lot in the bank right now.

Prescott IPF has a nice ring to it. He gives a little money and it happens.

Cox ain't doing it, he is from Yazoo City for goodness sakes. Sorry couldn't resist. I like Cox.

trob115
07-19-2021, 08:12 PM
They've gotten architectural plans for an IPF and are hoping to secure the money. They plan on having it where you can walk straight from the weight room into the practice facility and it's going to about be where we have the artificial turf practice field.

OLJWales
07-19-2021, 08:51 PM
They've gotten architectural plans for an IPF and are hoping to secure the money. They plan on having it where you can walk straight from the weight room into the practice facility and it's going to about be where we have the artificial turf practice field.

The Pirate is en route to the cigar boy's wallets. He will crush and capture the enemy ships along the way and bring the bounty to Cohen and the reward will be huuuge. Born 200 years too late? Nah, all is good.

Homedawg
07-19-2021, 08:55 PM
Prescott IPF has a nice ring to it. He gives a LOT of money and it happens.

Cox ain't doing it, he is from Yazoo City for goodness sakes. Sorry couldn't resist. I like Cox.

Fify

Offshore Dawg
07-20-2021, 03:00 PM
For comparison's look up North Westerns IPF, but then it's on lake Michigan " I think ".