PDA

View Full Version : MLB draft

shoeless joe
07-11-2021, 07:04 PM
Interesting beginning to the draft with a guy that wasn’t drafted outta high school going #1 overal…catcher outta Louisville.

Couple of other things that have stood out:
1. Manfred seems caught off guard by the boos he’s received from the live crowd…guess even the Denver sports fans aren’t as work as he thought.
2. Rocker still on the board after 8 picks.
3. Corbin one of the talkin heads for MLB network. One of his top commits went early as well as leiter.
4. Mix of high school and college guys so far but was hoping for some more college players picked early.

KOdawg1
07-11-2021, 07:14 PM
There goes Rocker at #10 to the Mets

shoeless joe
07-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Last 2 picks have been college arms.

KOdawg1
07-11-2021, 07:21 PM
Willy B should go in the next 10 picks

maroonmania
07-11-2021, 07:23 PM
Saw an OM commit was the first HS player taken at the 3rd pick. A pitcher out of Oklahoma.

CaptainObvious
07-11-2021, 07:32 PM
Organizations still like to develop their own.

CaptainObvious
07-11-2021, 07:33 PM

msstate7
07-11-2021, 07:34 PM

As a general rule, I think it's most upside are HS players and highest floor players are college

Homedawg
07-11-2021, 07:35 PM

Some do that to get guys cheaper too. Can save slot money. Not all cases, but several thus far... Kobe for one. He will sign lower than slot. Book it. Lawler, not so much.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 07:37 PM
Some do that to get guys cheaper too. Can save slot money. Not all cases, but several thus far... Kobe for one. He will sign lower than slot. Book it. Lawler, not so much.

This.

KOdawg1
07-11-2021, 07:44 PM
Willy B to the Giants

msstate7
07-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Willy B to the Giants

Great park to pitch in

Saltydog
07-11-2021, 07:50 PM
I'm willing to bet Will "The Thrill" had a little something to do with it too.....

Rex54
07-11-2021, 07:51 PM
Great park to pitch in
Awful city though.

Saltydog
07-11-2021, 07:54 PM
Walgreen's announced last week they were closing a bunch of stores in San Fran due to theft. Course, it could be worse. He could be in Oakland. That's a real shithole.

shoeless joe
07-11-2021, 07:57 PM
Willy B to the Giants

And over the last decade one of the best organizations. Could see him up within 2 yrs. IMO the mental jump he made in Omaha was the biggest game changer.

BeardoMSU
07-11-2021, 08:00 PM
Awful city though.

Lol.

terradawg
07-11-2021, 08:08 PM
Will made bank tonight! Here is the slot value for his pick: 14) Giants: $4,036,800

AlSwearengen
07-11-2021, 08:08 PM
First hs pick was a pitcher from Oklahoma (3rd pick) that signed with olemiss. He looked like the olemiss type.

What are they selling pitchers there? It isn’t omaha and it isn’t protecting their arms.

bgover4
07-11-2021, 08:11 PM
What are they selling pitchers there?

Selling? I thought buying was their game.....

BeardoMSU
07-11-2021, 08:13 PM
First hs pick was a pitcher from Oklahoma (3rd pick) that signed with olemiss. He looked like the olemiss type.

What are they selling pitchers there? It isn’t omaha and it isn’t protecting their arms.

OM fan-whores players they absolutely know won't make it to campus just so both can ride the social media hype for recruiting purposes. Seems to have been workin' for 'em, lol. And water is wet.

shoeless joe
07-11-2021, 08:32 PM
Hoglund goes 19 to blue jays.

Ty Madden getting passed up for a lot of college arms. And a lot of college guys comin off the board now. Hope that trend continues to grow. I really think MLB wants it that way.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-11-2021, 09:04 PM
Interesting beginning to the draft with a guy that wasn’t drafted outta high school going #1 overal…catcher outta Louisville.

Couple of other things that have stood out:
1. Manfred seems caught off guard by the boos he’s received from the live crowd…guess even the Denver sports fans aren’t as work as he thought.
2. Rocker still on the board after 8 picks.
3. Corbin one of the talkin heads for MLB network. One of his top commits went early as well as leiter.
4. Mix of high school and college guys so far but was hoping for some more college players picked early.

Did Rocker really not shake Corbin's hand after getting smacked around by MSU? Pouting little bitch!

shoeless joe
07-11-2021, 09:18 PM
Did Rocker really not shake Corbin's hand after getting smacked around by MSU? Pouting little bitch!

He walked off the mound before Corbin got to him and half assedly handed him the ball. Very disrespectful…which is why espn didn’t say anything about it. They wouldn’t want to shed any negative light on their golden boy.

Rocker is extremely talented and gifted. He comes off to me as a front runner with false humility. Maybe I’m too hard on him because of him being a VandyBoy but once I started watching him intently I was disappointed in several things. Tons of arm talent and the body to go with it.

Homedawg
07-11-2021, 09:22 PM
Awful city though.

While I tend to agree, based on your previous post you can't name more than. 2 or 3 good cities to play in. So there's that. For millions a year I can figure out where to live in a shitty city. But that's me.

VandelayIndustries
07-11-2021, 09:22 PM
Maddux Bruns picked 29th

Homedawg
07-11-2021, 09:23 PM
Will made bank tonight! Here is the slot value for his pick: 14) Giants: $4,036,800

He'll sign below slot and be super happy for the guaranteed deal that he agreed to. Both parties win.

Homedawg
07-11-2021, 09:24 PM

What are they selling pitchers there? It isn?t omaha and it isn?t protecting their arms.

He committed to them as a two way player two years ago and blew up. Nobody thought hed be this. But kudos to him. Bianco continues to recruit well. Getting to Omaha not so much.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 09:25 PM
While I tend to agree, based on your previous post you can't name more than. 2 or 3 good cities to play in. So there's that. For millions a year I can figure out where to live in a shitty city. But that's me.

Truth. Live in the country buy a helicopter and fly in for games lol. Only half kidding.

Homedawg
07-11-2021, 09:27 PM
Maddux Bruns picked 29th

I pray people stop listening to gene. His last pre draft said 50-50 on Bruns, woods and walling. We better hope woods signs.

maroonmania
07-11-2021, 09:28 PM
Maddux Bruns picked 29th

Yep, Dodgers ding us again at the back end of the first round. Unlike Ginn though Bruns will sign.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 09:29 PM
I pray people stop listening to gene. His last pre draft said 50-50 on Bruns, woods and walling. We better hope woods signs.

Yeah he's not very good with his "predictions".

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 09:30 PM
Yep, Dodgers ding us again at the back end of the first round. Unlike Ginn though Bruns will sign.

Yeah we really never had a chance with bruns. Kind of a foregone conclusion

AlSwearengen
07-11-2021, 09:30 PM
Wonder what the deal is with Madden falling. I know the front office people say they don’t pay attention to the mock drafts and projections but Madden has been projected early/mid 1st round for a long time now.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 09:32 PM
Wonder what the deal is with Madden falling. I know the front office people say they don’t pay attention to the mock drafts and projections but Madden has been projected early/mid 1st round for a long time now.

Wonder if he's got some injury that's not been revealed yet.

AlSwearengen
07-11-2021, 09:35 PM
Homedawg, I’ve seen you mention that about Woods multiple times and I understand that he isn’t ready to hit SEC pitching, but what keeps us from telling him he is better off going juco? I guess the danger of him coming to Starkville is eating up scholarship money for a year? I’ll admit that I don’t think I know how this type of stuff is handled.

AlSwearengen
07-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Wonder if he's got some injury that's not been revealed yet.

Just saw on the other site that mlb considers Madden a reliever and that is why he has fallen. The poster went on to say this is why we will give Sims a chance to start next year.

As I type, Madden just went 32nd.

KOdawg1
07-11-2021, 09:41 PM

Gene is pretty clueless. I enjoy his draft breakdown that he does for each player, but I never know what's true or not, because he's kind of a clown. I wish Steve, Robbie, or Paul would become more involved with baseball recruiting because they're a little more honest and reliable.

shoeless joe
07-11-2021, 09:46 PM
Just saw on the other site that mlb considers Madden a reliever and that is why he has fallen. The poster went on to say this is why we will give Sims a chance to start next year.

Metrics don’t like his fastball according to the talking heads.

Rex54
07-11-2021, 09:48 PM

Picture the differences in housing available for a Giant and a.... Royal.

3/2 for one and a palace in another.

Homedawg
07-11-2021, 10:02 PM

Not that I care, it he give his minions a ton of false hope. And the bad part is they believe him. Sad

Homedawg
07-11-2021, 10:05 PM
Homedawg, I’ve seen you mention that about Woods multiple times and I understand that he isn’t ready to hit SEC pitching, but what keeps us from telling him he is better off going juco? I guess the danger of him coming to Starkville is eating up scholarship money for a year? I’ll admit that I don’t think I know how this type of stuff is handled.

Correct. He's gonna eat a scholarship and he's a pro guy. He's a guy that might develop in time. But we we don't have 3 years for him to eat huge scholarship and not produce. Woods didn't hit 260 in hs. He's super raw. It's bad for pr to sit a guy like that and we have to win games. That's all. As for juco, we've signed him to papers if he wants to come we own it. If he wants to bail and go juco well he can

Homedawg
07-11-2021, 10:07 PM
Gene is pretty clueless. I enjoy his draft breakdown that he does for each player, but I never know what's true or not, because he's kind of a clown. I wish Steve, Robbie, or Paul would become more involved with baseball recruiting because they're a little more honest and reliable.

He has almost every signees we have becoming a top 4 rounder if they produce. Wow. Really. Just dumb. I'll leave it alone. His predictions are about the same success rate as Rosebowl. His record isn't good either

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 10:15 PM
Not that I care, it he give his minions a ton of false hope. And the bad part is they believe him. Sad

Unfortunately true and then it just pisses people off that we didn't get these kids even though most of us knew they were long shots. But you've got to go after them if you're a coach because you will get one every now and then.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 10:16 PM
He has almost every signees we have becoming a top 4 rounder if they produce. Wow. Really. Just dumb. I'll leave it alone. His predictions are about the same success rate as Rosebowl. His record isn't good either

I was gonna say gene is the rose bowl of baseball lol

Homedawg
07-11-2021, 10:18 PM
Unfortunately true and then it just pisses people off that we didn't get these kids even though most of us knew they were long shots. But you've got to go after them if you're a coach because you will get one every now and then.

If you don't go after them you are going it wrong. I agree!!

Todd4State
07-11-2021, 10:19 PM
We'll have to be patient as fans with Woods if we get him. Still don't think we do honestly. But if we do he is either going to be someone that blows up as a junior or he is going to be Jordan Anderson 2.0.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 10:20 PM

Man the kids got good stuff. Got 3 pitches that he commands and he's durable. I can't see a team wasting 32 pick on just a reliever.

Todd4State
07-11-2021, 10:22 PM

Definitely a lot of contradictory things being said by the 24/7 staff and the other experts.

I'm wondering if his source is the player. Most of them are not going to burn their leverage by telling a writer that they are going pro.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 10:23 PM
If you don't go after them you are going it wrong. I agree!!

Absolutely. You're gonna get one here and there but it also creates relevance and credibility when your name is on all
the top players list of schools. It's PR if nothing else. And being a competitor I want to go after the best.

Todd4State
07-11-2021, 10:24 PM
Man the kids got good stuff. Got 3 pitches that he commands and he's durable. I can't see a team wasting 32 pick on just a reliever.

I bet it was his asking price. Unless he has some physical condition I am unaware of.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2021, 10:25 PM
I bet it was his asking price. Unless he has some physical condition I am unaware of.

Has to be that or an injury of some sort.

Todd4State
07-11-2021, 10:27 PM
Absolutely. You're gonna get one here and there but it also creates relevance and credibility when your name is on all
the top players list of schools. It's PR if nothing else. And being a competitor I want to go after the best.

I wonder what Vanderbilt's percentage of getting top of the line players in is? I actually think that Leiter/Rocker was anomaly even for them. I'm interested to see if the NIL changes this for us. At least I'm hopeful that we will be able to give prospects more scholarship money while our establish players "walk-on" while their school is paid for through their merchandise. We'll see how it plays out.

MetEdDawg
07-11-2021, 10:37 PM
I wonder what Vanderbilt's percentage of getting top of the line players in is? I actually think that Leiter/Rocker was anomaly even for them. I'm interested to see if the NIL changes this for us. At least I'm hopeful that we will be able to give prospects more scholarship money while our establish players "walk-on" while their school is paid for through their merchandise. We'll see how it plays out.

Both those families have a lot of money and could bank on the fact their kids were talented enough to get drafted and no matter what have them be financially stable later in life. Definitely a bit of an outlier in that they had such successful sports families.

They get a couple years of a Vandy education, don't have to schlep it in the minors for 3-5 years, and still get to face solid competition. It's a win win for them. Hopefully doesn't become the model for those types of families to do that at Vanderbilt.

smootness
07-11-2021, 10:40 PM

This doesn't seem like a great solution. If they need to use earnings to pay for tuition, that's still that much money that isn't going into their pocket. Even if they're able to pay those costs through NIL earnings, it's costing them a ton to do that.

Todd4State
07-12-2021, 01:27 AM
This doesn't seem like a great solution. If they need to use earnings to pay for tuition, that's still that much money that isn't going into their pocket. Even if they're able to pay those costs through NIL earnings, it's costing them a ton to do that.

I agree it's a broken system because of the scholarship situation which is the root cause of the problem. But at least the NIL may keep some guys out of debt before they go pro.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 09:44 AM
Ok so noon today begins rounds 2-10. I know we expect Woods, McCants, and Walling to go. Chance Pico Kohn does too.

Do we have any info on what those guys are looking for as far as signing bonus? Are any of them possibly in play to come to school?

Draft was a little weird last night and there's gonna be a decent number of teams I think signing 1st round guys under slot, giving them more money to use later in the draft. Concerns me about James, but really want to know if we think there's any chance those bigger 3 commits left on the board could end up in Starkville.

smootness
07-12-2021, 10:49 AM
I know this is nit-picky, but it's a pet peeve of mine. His name is James Wood, no 's' on the end.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-12-2021, 11:42 AM

I'm far from a Gene fan, but Gene said he expected him to go pro. Here it is:

Mississippi State 2022 Season - Bruns committed to Mississippi State on November 12, 2018 and has been back to Mississippi State a few times for games. He seems to be very excited about his commitment to Mississippi State. Partly due to that, I expect it will be a tough decision for Bruns to make after the draft - go pro and stick with MSU. But it will be very tough for Bruns to turn down the money that he will be offered by the team that drafts him. Due to that, I believe he will sign and go pro.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 12:27 PM
Through 50 picks Wood is still on the board. Most mocks had him gone by now.

Slot value at this point has dropped below $1.5 million.

Homedawg
07-12-2021, 12:32 PM
I'm far from a Gene fan, but Gene said he expected him to go pro. Here it is:

Mississippi State 2022 Season - Bruns committed to Mississippi State on November 12, 2018 and has been back to Mississippi State a few times for games. He seems to be very excited about his commitment to Mississippi State. Partly due to that, I expect it will be a tough decision for Bruns to make after the draft - go pro and stick with MSU. But it will be very tough for Bruns to turn down the money that he will be offered by the team that drafts him. Due to that, I believe he will sign and go pro.

He did an update yesterday that state bruns, wood and walling were all 50-50. That's what I was referring to

Medic601
07-12-2021, 12:46 PM
Tanner is still up and we are getting late in the 2nd round. With the new payments and stuff, excuse my ignorance but is there a possibility he could just enroll in grad school and get one more year of eligibility and pay as a grad student and go one more year if he falls too much more. Once again, I am rather ignorant in the topic.

BrunswickDawg
07-12-2021, 12:49 PM
Tanner is still up and we are getting late in the 2nd round. With the new payments and stuff, excuse my ignorance but is there a possibility he could just enroll in grad school and get one more year of eligibility and pay as a grad student and go one more year if he falls too much more. Once again, I am rather ignorant in the topic.

Yes, Tanner is a COVID Jr. - so he has a year

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2021, 12:50 PM
Wood goes at 62nd pick to SD

BrunswickDawg
07-12-2021, 12:50 PM
and Wood goes to San Diego with the 62nd pick

Homedawg
07-12-2021, 12:51 PM
No. He's 23. He's gone. No matter the round. He'll go today.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Slot value for Wood at that spot is about $1.1 million

BrunswickDawg
07-12-2021, 01:00 PM
No. He's 23. He's gone. No matter the round. He'll go today.

Carlisle Koestler was like 34 and came back for this year (totally similar situation)*****

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2021, 01:27 PM
Jordan McCants with the 88th pick to marlins

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2021, 01:31 PM
https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1414652741398433793

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2021, 02:02 PM
There goes TA. 4th round 118 to Marlins

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2021, 02:20 PM
and there goes the Canadian. Cerantola to the Royals in the 5th rd, 139th pick.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 02:22 PM
There goes TA. 4th round 118 to Marlins

Jesus. As a Braves fan, this sickens me. Happy for him, but damn I would have been cool with just about any other franchise.

Still happy for him though.

maroonmania
07-12-2021, 02:32 PM
So I assume Bruns, Wood and McCants are 100% gone. What about Walling? How far down would he need to fall for us to have a good chance to keep him?

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2021, 02:36 PM
CMac gone. 5th rd. 159th pick to Twins.

Homedawg
07-12-2021, 02:37 PM
So I assume Bruns, Wood and McCants are 100% gone. What about Walling? How far down would he need to fall for us to have a good chance to keep him?

If he's drafted today. He's gone.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 02:55 PM
If he's drafted today. He's gone.

Really? Even without knowing what a team is going to offer him we can definitively say that? I have a hard time believing a kid that gets offered somewhere around 300K to go play MLB wouldn't at least give college some consideration before making that decision.

His slot value is now below $300,000. Depending on who drafts him that obviously could go up. But can we really definitely say that a kid would definitely take low 6 figures and go 100%?

Homedawg
07-12-2021, 03:03 PM
Really? Even without knowing what a team is going to offer him we can definitively say that? I have a hard time believing a kid that gets offered somewhere around 300K to go play MLB wouldn't at least give college some consideration before making that decision.

His slot value is now below $300,000. Depending on who drafts him that obviously could go up. But can we really definitely say that a kid would definitely take low 6 figures and go 100%?

If he gets picked today, he's told them he'll sign.

MrCoachKlein
07-12-2021, 03:06 PM
Awful city though.

Aren't they all?

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 03:15 PM
If he gets picked today, he's told them he'll sign.

That's really dumb by him. Just really dumb.

Makes absolutely no sense and whoever is advising him needs to be beat. His slot value is now below $250,000. To not even consider coming to college with that amount in front of you just doesn't make any sense to me.

smootness
07-12-2021, 03:26 PM

Makes absolutely no sense and whoever is advising him needs to be beat. His slot value is now below $250,000. To not even consider coming to college with that amount in front of you just doesn't make any sense to me.

What if he's considered it already, decided he would do it, and told teams that to give himself as good a chance as possible of being drafted there?

If he plays hard ball with teams, then they're less likely to draft him high and pay him.

maroonmania
07-12-2021, 03:28 PM

Yep, if he told me that I would just wait and draft him in the 9th or 10th round. Get him dirt cheap.

smootness
07-12-2021, 03:30 PM
Yep, if he told me that I would just wait and draft him in the 9th or 10th round. Get him dirt cheap.

.....sure, unless another team drafts him first.

maroonmania
07-12-2021, 03:31 PM

We are in the 7th round now. If anyone wanted him very bad he would have already gone. Doubt any team is going to cry if another team drafts him first.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 03:40 PM

MLB teams don't lose sleep over teams taking kids in the 7th round they might have wanted.

If that was the strategy then that's even more stupid than I originally thought. You should never go to the bug show because you got drafted on a particular day. You go because of money. If I tell a team hey pick me on day 2 and I'm yours, no team is going to pick him in the earlier rounds. Why waste the pick when you can apparently get him for super cheap at the end of day 2 if he's guaranteeing he's gonna come?

Homedawg
07-12-2021, 03:48 PM

Several points in general, slot values are just that slot. Doesn't mean you have to get that. You can get higher or lower depending on leverage and how much the clubs have saved elsewhere. Secondly, remember, college isn't for everyone. Again not specifically talking about anyone, but if said player doesn't like school why not sign?? It's his dream to be a big leaguer. 25000 is still a lot of money just not life changing forever type. I get it.

mparkerfd20
07-12-2021, 04:05 PM
How far down would Rowdey have to get drafted to come back? I'm assuming undrafted?

Homedawg
07-12-2021, 04:10 PM
How far down would Rowdey have to get drafted to come back? I'm assuming undrafted?

Someone will take him. He's not coming back either way.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 04:29 PM
We've hit the 10th. No Walling yet. No James or Rowdey either.

smootness
07-12-2021, 04:34 PM
We are in the 7th round now. If anyone wanted him very bad he would have already gone. Doubt any team is going to cry if another team drafts him first.

But your argument was that a team who would otherwise have drafted him in an earlier round would just wait until the 9th or 10th since he said he would sign if drafted by then. But that doesn't follow logically since the primary driver of where a player is drafted isn't where you have to draft them to sign them but the fact that there are 29 other teams who can draft them.

You're going to draft a player you want when you question if they'll be there when you pick again. Saying, ah well, as long as we take him by the 10th he'll sign, does you no good if another team takes him first.

smootness
07-12-2021, 04:35 PM
MLB teams don't lose sleep over teams taking kids in the 7th round they might have wanted.

If that was the strategy then that's even more stupid than I originally thought. You should never go to the bug show because you got drafted on a particular day. You go because of money. If I tell a team hey pick me on day 2 and I'm yours, no team is going to pick him in the earlier rounds. Why waste the pick when you can apparently get him for super cheap at the end of day 2 if he's guaranteeing he's gonna come?

...because...again, you're not the only team drafting.

The Federalist Engineer
07-12-2021, 04:41 PM
Justin Meis!

The Eastern Michigan kid that nearly shut MSU Out goes in the 10th.

Jay Powell marveled at the kid's 4-seamer, thought it was un-hittable that day.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 04:47 PM
Several points in general, slot values are just that slot. Doesn't mean you have to get that. You can get higher or lower depending on leverage and how much the clubs have saved elsewhere. Secondly, remember, college isn't for everyone. Again not specifically talking about anyone, but if said player doesn't like school why not sign?? It's his dream to be a big leaguer. 25000 is still a lot of money just not life changing forever type. I get it.

I understand how the slots work. But I would like to think that a kid like this in Walling that's been to college for 2 years wouldn't just jump at any offer. Would need to make sense this close to graduating.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2021, 04:56 PM
Ok day 2 in the books. No Kamren James, no Rowdey Jordan, no Andrew Walling.

Probably a good sign for Kamren James coming back unless a team finds a way to really undersell a bunch of guys and take him later and go well above slot.

Hate it for Rowdey because I think many believe this was his final hoorah no matter what.

Walling looks to have a chance to make it to campus.

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2021, 05:07 PM

Probably a good sign for Kamren James coming back unless a team finds a way to really undersell a bunch of guys and take him later and go well above slot.

Hate it for Rowdey because I think many believe this was his final hoorah no matter what.

Yea... gotta be pretty happy about today's results minus Rowdey... he deserves a shot. I think the word might be out he's gone and not going to use that last year option he has... so has fallen down to day 3 and will get chump change much like Jake did after his sr year.

AlSwearengen
07-12-2021, 05:32 PM
An undrafted Rowdey doesn’t come back? I’ve seen Homedawg say he is gone either way. Has he graduated? I understand that baseball is a lot of work and he now has reached the mountain top, so maybe that is why he is gone?

The Federalist Engineer
07-12-2021, 05:34 PM

Kam James has 1st round profile with more development, it would be crazy to take 10th+ round money. He's back

Walling is now an interesting proposition to make it to campus. MLB Says, "While Walling has four pitches, he must prove he has the durability, control and command to make it as a starter. Ticketed for Mississippi State in 2022 if he doesn't turn pro, he had Tommy John surgery as a high school senior and throws with considerable effort. He's not scattering pitches nearly as much as he did at Oregon State but he still doesn't locate them with a great deal of precision." In JC last year, he K'ed 107 in 69 innings while only walking 27.

So we lost Woods, McCants, and Bruns today. One can't hit showcase HS pitching at the moment, One was always a fake recruit with no ties to MSU, and another needs 3+ years of A ball. This means we lost nothing today for 2022 competitiveness.

Sucks for Rowdey and Niko Kavadas of Notre Dame, not being drafted. Maybe Niko needs to transfer to MSU. He seems to hit the ball well at DNF. He could win us a back-to-back SEC POY.

preachermatt83
07-12-2021, 05:44 PM
Kam James has 1st round profile with more development, it would be crazy to take 10th+ round money. He's back

Walling is now an interesting proposition to make it to campus. MLB Says, "While Walling has four pitches, he must prove he has the durability, control and command to make it as a starter. Ticketed for Mississippi State in 2022 if he doesn't turn pro, he had Tommy John surgery as a high school senior and throws with considerable effort. He's not scattering pitches nearly as much as he did at Oregon State but he still doesn't locate them with a great deal of precision." In JC last year, he K'ed 107 in 69 innings while only walking 27.

So we lost Woods, McCants, and Bruns today. One can't hit showcase HS pitching at the moment, One was always a fake recruit with no ties to MSU, and another needs 3+ years of A ball. This means we lost nothing today for 2022 competitiveness.

Sucks for Rowdey and Niko Kavadas of Notre Dame, not being drafted. Maybe Niko needs to transfer to MSU. He seems to hit the ball well at DNF. He could win us a back-to-back SEC POY.

Kavadas hasn’t been drafted?? Wow!!

vv83
07-12-2021, 06:00 PM
https://twitter.com/aawalling/status/1414715525188362243?s=21

Mjoelner34
07-12-2021, 06:02 PM
https://twitter.com/aawalling/status/1414715525188362243

The Federalist Engineer
07-12-2021, 07:16 PM
Damn, amazing for Arkansas

They have 7 top 100 recruits and only one fake commit from a California kid. Probably keeping 6. Why is MSU wasting time with shady prospects like the kid with an Ole Miss brother. Hogs have another 4 top 200 croots, all undrafted.

Hogs are having a Vanderbilt level recruiting year. They are going to stay good.

Cowbell
07-12-2021, 10:39 PM
In Genes article he just put out about Walling, he stated the three signees we lost were "expected to be drafted early and sign". He is a maroon Yancy - Quite a change in story.

ScoobaDawg
07-13-2021, 11:41 AM
Rowdey goes to the Mets in the 11th with the 332nd pick.

MetEdDawg
07-13-2021, 11:44 AM
Rowdey goes to the Mets in the 11th with the 332nd pick.

Mets organization becoming Starkville East. Ginn, Gordon, Mangum, Jordan.

Catfish
07-13-2021, 11:45 AM
Rowdey's gonna work his butt off. Good for him.

The Federalist Engineer
07-13-2021, 12:59 PM
MLB Draft is leaving lots of Juniors and Seniors in college

(1) Lots of Luc Lipcius and Tim Elko types will be in the SEC next year. 23 and 24 year old kids that could dominate.
(2) Our bullpen is basically untouched thus far
(3) Wonder if kids will want to stay 5 years in one place or will rather try playing at a National Championship school, its got to suck to be a 5-year wannabee