PDA

View Full Version : Grad transfers Anastasia Hayes and Raven Farley have arrived (Women's Basketball)

jdelta02
07-08-2021, 06:56 PM
According to Miss. State Women's Basketball official twitter account..team is now complete, grad transfers Anastasia Hayes and Raven Farley have both just made it to Starkville

https://twitter.com/i/status/1413264131021434882

Rex54
07-08-2021, 07:18 PM
Lol

99jc
07-08-2021, 07:26 PM
Lol

Reminds me of the the old classic rock song...."The Bitch is Back!

jdelta02
07-08-2021, 08:14 PM
At this point....the 3 main offensive options
- Anastasia Hayes
- Jessika Carter
- Rickea Jackson

No particular order, but note...Anastasia Hayes can really fill it up.

My opinion...posters on here like 99jc are disrespectful trolling, intolerant, partly social/politically biased ideology related, motivated with racist hateful views towards Coach McCray Penson and her players speaking out, protesting, ect...against issues, views, ect (including the state flag)..that contradict certain ideology. They usually tend act out, (including troll, bash, trash, curse spin narratives, ect) on this board, other boards. People like this...past times, even unto these days..have litterally committed way numerous murders, acts of terror ect....standing up these type beliefs.

Also, (note) How many times has 99jc brought up concerns with these people and others being woke? Other names as well.

How many time has this poster been allowed to come on the women's basketball related threads and attempt to trash, ambush, attack, destroy the thread? Try to spin narratives? Answer...Many

Again...one of his key calling card words is....woke

Rex54
07-08-2021, 08:21 PM
- Anastasia Hayes
- Jessika Carter
- Rickea Jackson

My opinion...posters on here like 99jc are disrespectful trolling, intolerant, partly social/politically biased ideology related, motivated with racist hateful views towards Coach McCray Penson and her players speaking out, protesting, ect...against issues, views, ect (including the state flag)..that contradict certain ideology. They usually tend act out, spin narratives on this board, other boards. People like this have litterally committed way numerous murders, acts of terror ect...in the past..standing up these type beliefs.

Also, (note) How many times has 99jc brought up concerns with these people and others being woke? Other names as well.

How many time has this poster been allowed to come on the women's basketball related threads and attempt to trash, ambush, destroy the thread? Answer...Many

Lol

bulldawg28
07-08-2021, 08:30 PM
According to Miss. State Women's Basketball official twitter account..team is now complete, grad transfers Anastasia Hayes and Raven Farley have both just made it to Starkville

https://twitter.com/i/status/1413264131021434882

Keep posting my man.

jdelta02
07-08-2021, 08:32 PM
Rex54 goes into his spin move play book. They desperately fight to spin, hold control of the narrative on this subject...on this board.

Good try...
Playbook...long been exposed

R2Dawg
07-08-2021, 08:44 PM
- Anastasia Hayes
- Jessika Carter
- Rickea Jackson

My opinion...posters on here like 99jc are disrespectful trolling, intolerant, partly social/politically biased ideology related, motivated with racist hateful views towards Coach McCray Penson and her players speaking out, protesting, ect...against issues, views, ect (including the state flag)..that contradict certain ideology. They usually tend act out, (including troll, bash, trash, curse spin narratives, ect) on this board, other boards. People like this...past times, even unto these days..have litterally committed way numerous murders, acts of terror ect....standing up these type beliefs.

How many time has this poster been allowed to come on the women's basketball related threads and attempt to trash, ambush, attack, destroy the thread? Try to spin narratives? Answer...Many

I appreciate your zeal for WBB but dude you just did the same thing you are accusing others of doing. If the players can have their cause can no one else have theirs?

Coach34
07-08-2021, 09:00 PM
I dont care about her politics or anything else. Just Win Baby!!

She has something to prove this year.

captaindog
07-08-2021, 09:03 PM
- Anastasia Hayes
- Jessika Carter
- Rickea Jackson

I don?t disagree those will be the main and most consistent offensive players. The issue is that all three operate best from the free throw line and closer. Some of the other players are going to have to be able to score from the perimeter. Otherwise the lane is going to be very crowded.

Coach34
07-08-2021, 09:10 PM
Triangle Offense

starkvegasdawg
07-08-2021, 10:12 PM
Have they made their first tik tok yet?

Hambone
07-08-2021, 10:52 PM
I, for one, am rooting for her to succeed.

Hope these players can come in and give her an immediate boost. It would be awesome for all of this positive energy from baseball to carry over onto football and basketball (men’s and women’s)

BeardoMSU
07-08-2021, 11:02 PM
Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsrE-9CLFg&ab_channel=PrimeInsults

Unfortunately for you, this will likely involve you watching from the gallery. #cuck

99jc
07-08-2021, 11:13 PM
- Anastasia Hayes
- Jessika Carter
- Rickea Jackson

Was that you I saw with Yancy getting a hotdog in Omaha?

Commercecomet24
07-08-2021, 11:17 PM

This! Winning all that counts, but I'm very doubtful we do much winning based on what we saw from the coach and players last year.

Reunion Dog
07-09-2021, 02:02 AM
Hey Nikki...

U r Fresh as Hail & and STILL SUCK.

NCMSTFAN
07-09-2021, 05:27 AM

Thank you, I said the same thing about her and Leach, I dont care about politics either, just lead our program, be successful and win! Racism and politics don't always have to be involved in everything, it only drags us all down

NCMSTFAN
07-09-2021, 05:31 AM
- Anastasia Hayes
- Jessika Carter
- Rickea Jackson

Throw Jerkaila Jordan in there as a scoring option too. She was an ESPN top 60 out of high school and scored alot as a true Freshman last year

Hambone
07-09-2021, 06:59 AM
What would the board consider a success this year? Sweet 16 or bust?

NCMSTFAN
07-09-2021, 07:38 AM
I don?t disagree those will be the main and most consistent offensive players. The issue is that all three operate best from the free throw line and closer. Some of the other players are going to have to be able to score from the perimeter. Otherwise the lane is going to be very crowded.

I'm not sure about our perimeter shooting yet either but Caterion Thompson is back, I don't know how much more she plays this year but she was a 45% three point shooter. Ashley Jones and Jerkaila Jordan are good shooters also. Other than them, there is an unknown about the rest of the new girls.

NCMSTFAN
07-09-2021, 07:53 AM

For me personally I want to see a disciplined tough nosed team like we had in the past. I've taken up for Nikki and said numerous times that she deserved at least one more year with her recruits.... well she has that now and to her credit, she went out and got alot of talent to included top 60 players and a few former McDonald's All Americans so she has no excuses next year.

A successful year in my eyes is probably tournament bid and at minimum 2 wins in the tournament (hopefully more). It won't be easy though because the SEC has gotten alot better. Kentucky, Ole Miss, Alabama, Tennesse, LSU (Just hired legendary Kim Mulkey) and of course South Carolina will all be really good teams.

sonof34
07-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Throw Jerkaila Jordan in there as a scoring option too. She was an ESPN top 60 out of high school and scored alot as a true Freshman last year

Can?t forget Myah back for her like...5th year...she?ll be that veteran we need

Trimmed the fat, got some damn good players...we will be fine

NCMSTFAN
07-09-2021, 09:44 AM
Can?t forget Myah back for her like...5th year...she?ll be that veteran we need

Trimmed the fat, got some damn good players...we will be fine
I agree, Taylor will be the veteran leader at PG but she has never really been a big scorer. She will play defense and make the smart plays though.

jdelta02
07-09-2021, 11:38 AM
Does Coach McCray Penson and her staff know about this Louisiana kid? Her name...Zaila Avanti-Garde. She's a standout/an outstanding basketball player, including Guiness Book Of World Records dribbler (multiple basketballs). Living down in Kim Mulkey territory. She's also the new 2021 Scripps National Spelling Bee Champion.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1413356998620377088

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-09-2021, 12:13 PM

A team with a pulse that looks like they give a shit.

Saltydog
07-09-2021, 12:32 PM
Yeah, asshole it's got absolutely nothing to do with her being an absolute shitty coach who sits on her ass during the game. Yeah, it's got shit to do with the fact that her players are lazy and routinely get beat in transition because of lack of effort. Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the fact that she has ruined a top 5 program in one year. That isn't "spin" as you say, it's the truth. You, on the other hand, resort to race, wokeism and other bullshit. That's what weak people do when they don't have anything or anyone else to blame their problems on.

Dawgology
07-09-2021, 01:01 PM
I hope they do well but I won?t be wasting money or time on women?s basketball this year. This was a really bad hire (reminiscent of Moorhead). I hope I?m wrong but it feels exactly the same.

jdelta02
07-09-2021, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure about our perimeter shooting yet either but Caterion Thompson is back, I don't know how much more she plays this year but she was a 45% three point shooter. Ashley Jones and Jerkaila Jordan are good shooters also. Other than them, there is an unknown about the rest of the new girls.

Also, don't forget about freshman Jasmine Shavers, a really good perimeter shooter on the high school level.

Saltydog.....best to at least do research, gather the actual facts before you speak...would find that 99jc and others were like this (check the older posts on this board from last spring, summer, and before the season started as a whole) and worst towards Coach McCray Penson and her players....WELL BEFORE The 2020-21 SEASON EVEN STARTED. You'll also find posts where 99jc and others admitted themselves that it was a lot about this other non-basketball stuff with them. Also, posters were posting negatively towards Andra Espinoza-Hunter's taking a stance on social media, protesting, ect...before the start of the season, before she opted out. Indicated..she just rubs them the wrong way, glad she was leaving/gone. Same type stuff with Sidney Cooks, other players as well. Same with Coach McCray Penson (were mad about her social media, state flag stance and activism, activism, ect). Though, her staff was fairly quiet. A good bit of this and more stuff was way before she supposedly ruined your basketball program (as you indicated).

Quaoarsking
07-09-2021, 01:24 PM

Pretty much. If we play hard all year and get a 5 or 6 seed and lose a tough Round of 32 game on the road, fine, but just making the tournament as a bubble team is not good enough with this level of talent.

NCMSTFAN
07-09-2021, 01:39 PM
Yeah, asshole it's got absolutely nothing to do with her being an absolute shitty coach who sits on her ass during the game. Yeah, it's got shit to do with the fact that her players are lazy and routinely get beat in transition because of lack of effort. Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the fact that she has ruined a top 5 program in one year. That isn't "spin" as you say, it's the truth. You, on the other hand, resort to race, wokeism and other bullshit. That's what weak people do when they don't have anything or anyone else to blame their problems on.

In all fairness, she got ODU back to winning. Her last year at ODU her record was 24-6, the year following with alot of the same scorers ODU was 13-11 with her gone. So aside from all the politcs, race and other things, Its fair to give a true fair shot and not one year saying she ruined the program. Moorhead was a first time Head Coach, Nikki is not. Let's not act like she just started doing this. Alot of fans may be surprised at what you see this coming year with that team, I personally think we will be damn good, she comes from under Pat Summitt and was an Assistant under Dawn Staley for National Championships so again, lets give her a fair shake and not accuse her of ruining the program after one year. If I'm wrong i will come on here and admit it with no problem.

NCMSTFAN
07-09-2021, 02:58 PM
Mississippi State WBK (@HailStateWBK) Tweeted:
Getting better every day.

#HailState https://t.co/gz5AJ7MBHq https://twitter.com/HailStateWBK/status/1412898058124341248?s=20

Well regardless of how you feel, how can you not get hyped about this?... they have been working hard all summer, the whole team is on campus now, let's pull for all of our programs and leave personal issues out

KentuckyDawg13
07-09-2021, 03:02 PM
Bravo, slap that bitch (99jc) like she deserves it!

Since this is a basketball thread, the team is loaded. Despite all the closet-racist naysayers.

Hail State!

Cowbell
07-09-2021, 03:29 PM
Bravo, slap that bitch (99jc) like she deserves it!

Since this is a basketball thread, the team is loaded. Despite all the closet-racist naysayers.

Hail State!
Please don't make this about race. Lord help us.

ScoobaDawg
07-09-2021, 04:32 PM
let's keep it on the topic of the team.. the coach and what we want this year guys..

R2Dawg
07-09-2021, 05:08 PM
Pretty much. If we play hard all year and get a 5 or 6 seed and lose a tough Round of 32 game on the road, fine, but just making the tournament as a bubble team is not good enough with this level of talent.

Our talent and an average coach should make sweet 16. We are expecting the same of Howland this year and Howland took over a dumpster fire. She took over a NC level program.

NCMSTFAN
07-09-2021, 08:01 PM
Our talent and an average coach should make sweet 16. We are expecting the same of Howland this year and Howland took over a dumpster fire. She took over a NC level program.
She took over a NC program, yes I will agree with that, but I wouldn't call that a NC level team she inherited last year. I've said it before that Rickea, Carter and Matharu were the only players I feel had that type of NC talent. Madison Hayes was on her way too.. but I wasn't highly impressed with any of the other girls play. I like this years talent better

Saltydog
07-09-2021, 10:34 PM
Also, don't forget about freshman Jasmine Shavers, a really good perimeter shooter on the high school level.

Saltydog.....best to at least do research, gather the actual facts before you speak...would find that 99jc and others were like this (check the older posts on this board from last spring, summer, and before the season started as a whole) and worst towards Coach McCray Penson and her players....WELL BEFORE The 2020-21 SEASON EVEN STARTED. You'll also find posts where 99jc and others admitted themselves that it was a lot about this other non-basketball stuff with them. Also, posters were posting negatively towards Andra Espinoza-Hunter's taking a stance on social media, protesting, ect...before the start of the season, before she opted out. Indicated..she just rubs them the wrong way, glad she was leaving/gone. Same type stuff with Sidney Cooks, other players as well. Same with Coach McCray Penson (were mad about her social media, state flag stance and activism, activism, ect). Though, her staff was fairly quiet. A good bit of this and more stuff was way before she supposedly ruined your basketball program (as you indicated).

Gather the facts on this; she?s a shitty coach. How many examples you want me to provide, Slick?

NCMSTFAN
07-09-2021, 10:54 PM
Gather the facts on this; she?s a shitty coach. How many examples you want me to provide, Slick?

Please provide the examples, I'm curious to see what you will provide. Hell Saban was bad at Bama initially... No I'm not comparing them to each other but its pretty hard to say that after one season in an unknown place and environment with limitations. With last year's Covid situation and a new team to learn through zoom, it's hard to call a new coach shitty. Is she Vic? Probably not, but she won at ODU as the HC, has the pedigree as a player and Coach and just possibly recruited the best class we have ever had in Women's basketball on paper.... so, I'm curious to see your examples...keep it respectful without the name calling and immaturity

I hope to get an intelligent response instead of "She is a shitty coach"... please provide some context.... I doubt you will provide a logical response.

CadaverDawg
07-10-2021, 12:07 AM
Let's face it, Penson came in and pulled a JoMo, but worse. She had Championship level talent and completely blew it. And what made it worse was they acted like they didn't care and showed poor effort...which is a direct reflection of coaching, and nothing like what we had grown to love about Vic's teams. On top of all of that, the baseball team just won a Natty, football is king and we should be a little better this year, and men's hoops has us wooly....so you could say the timing of the Nikki tank job couldn't have been worse. Now she's made her job WAY more difficult, and will unfortunately have to turn it around with less support than she had a year ago. And that's her fault. Doesn't mean it can't be done though. MSU fans have shown they'll support women's hoops, but MSU fans never support a program that doesn't show 100% effort. It's what we're about, and we've tolerated a lot of losing in our history, but what we've never tolerated was poor effort. She can start by getting her team to play hard every minute, and that will probably lead to more wins too. Do that, and maybe the crowds will increase and she can build it back up. But no doubt she made her job 10 times harder by coming in and being a players coach like JoMo. I personally think she won't be able to flip the script, but I hope she does. I want all MSU sports to succeed.

paco
07-10-2021, 06:52 AM

Coach absolutely destroyed a top five program in no time at all. The potential and hope that we are looking for in the program now is based on TRANSFERS. Transfers? We're talking transfers? The only thing she has proven in one year is that she is a program destroyer and can't recruit.

jdelta02
07-10-2021, 11:28 AM
Coach McCray Penson (2020 Conf USA Coach Of The Year and 24-6 her final season at at Old Dominion/ Won National Championship, 2 Final Fours appearances, 4 SEC Regular Season Championships, 3 SEC Tourney Championships. as an assistant coach at South Carolina)

That said, she had a really tough, underwhelming start to her first season as head coach at Miss. State. Even appeared to lose control of the team to an extent, underachieved and frustration set in, some players showed signs of giving up. Appeared some of her players were unable to successfully execute the level of effort and play that she needed out of them despite everything that she and the staff taught and tried. Still, in my opinion she has potential to bounce back in season 2, and surprise a lot of people.

Huge keys for this upcoming season are maintaining control of the locker room, the team's adjustments (including approach to the game), and overall team toughness (physical and mental), especially with the post players.

Again...the coaching staff must gain and maintain control of the locker room. I already sense 2 different camps....Rickea Jackson and her group (Rickea, Jessika, Myah, few others), and newcomers as a different camp (Hayes sisters, other newcomers, and some returnees). Coaching staff needs to get a handle on this...bring this team to 1 unified camp, 1 unified team. Rickea Jackson will need to be more inclusive to these new players, and not try to step on Coach McCray Penson's toes, her authority as head coach. Also, she will need to be accepting of the Hayes sisters, and Anastasia Hayes as another great talent to the lineup...work together to help them be successful. Additionally...equal opportunity for all the players regarding playing time, starting positions, and play as a well tuned unit/team.

I pulled hard for Coach Johnnie Harris to get the job, but have supported this current coach ever since she was announced....and still support. The bashers have their right to criticize, but why not instead show much more support for your women's basketball coach and the program? Also, the women's basketball program showed much public support. for the baseball team during their national championship run and afterwards....appeared very excited, proud.These aren't bad people, the boogeyman. Just give them a chance. Best to pull back together as a unified fanbase.

basedog
07-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Coach McCray Penson (2020 Conf USA Coach Of The Year and 24-6 her final season at at Old Dominion/ Won National Championship, 2 Final Fours appearances, 4 SEC Regular Season Championships, 3 SEC Tourney Championships. as an assistant coach at South Carolina)

That said, she had a really tough, underwhelming start to her first season as head coach at Miss. State. Even appeared to lose control of the team to an extent, underachieve, frustration set in, some players showed signs of giving up. Appeared some of her players were unable to successfully. execute the level of effort and play that she needed out of them despite everything that she and the staff taught and tried. Still, in my opinion she has potential to bounce back in season 2, and surprise a lot of people.

Huge keys for this upcoming season are maintaining control of the locker room, the team's adjustments (including approach to the game), and overall team toughness (physical and mental), especially with the post players.

Again...the coaching staff must gain and maintain control of the locker room. I already sense 2 different camps....Rickea Jackson and her group (Rickea, Jessika, Myah, few others), and newcomers as a different camp (Hayers sisters, other newcomers and some returnees). Coaching staff needs to get a handle on this...bring this team to 1. unified camp, 1 unified team. Rickea Jackson will need to be more inclusive to these new players and not try to step on Coach McCray Penson's. authority as head coach. Also, she will need to be accepting of the Hayes sisters, and Anastasia Hayes as another great talent to the lineup...work together to help them be succesfull.

I pulled hard for Coach Johnnie Harris to get the job, but have supported this current coach ever since she was announced....and still support. The bashers have their right to criticize, but why not instead show much more support for your women's basketball coach and the program? Also, the women's basketball program showed much public support. for the baseball team during their national championship run and afterwards...and appeared very excited, proud.These aren't bad people, the boogie man. Just give them a chance. Best to pull back together as a unified fanbase.

No one wants to see any sport at Msu fail, but when things you mentioned such as control of the locker room, players giving up, unify the team and I will add quit acting like one of the players and Coach them up, It's a HUGH task for her, it didn't look good because she lost all control but yet stayed with whatever misfits occurred. She should have started culling and let those on the team know she is in control, not those that didn't give 100% control her. It's a major problem and concerning moving forward.

I hope she succeeds I just have my doubts from her actions or lack of actions. Oh, on the outside looking in, I thought it was a good hire, but what I saw from her last year, it's a bust.

Quaoarsking
07-10-2021, 01:12 PM
No one wants to see any sport at Msu fail, but when things you mentioned such as control of the locker room, players giving up, unify the team and I will add quit acting like one of the players and Coach them up, It's a HUGH task for her, it didn't look good because she lost all control but yet stayed with whatever misfits occurred. She should have started culling and let those on the team know she is in control, not those that didn't give 100% control her. It's a major problem and concerning moving forward.

Lots of people on this board have been explicitly rooting for NMP to fail, ever since some players made Tik-Tok videos (which they were already doing under Schaefer and every other team also does) and expressed support for Black Lives Matter and other political stances associated with the Left (which they were already doing under Schaefer and a huge chunk of players at every team also do).

Indndawg
07-10-2021, 01:52 PM
- Anastasia Hayes
- Jessika Carter
- Rickea Jackson

Are you Pong Dawg from Gene's Page?

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 02:06 PM

I hope she succeeds I just have my doubts from her actions or lack of actions. Oh, on the outside looking in, I thought it was a good hire, but what I saw from her last year, it's a bust.

I disagree, ALOT of MSU fans want to see NMP and this team fail, alot of them have come on multiple times stating just that! The hatred for NMP started last year when she was asked by Cohen to speak at the change of the flag ceremony... it was over for her after that. It's immaturity but it happened. I'll be pulling for her and the program regardless. Hopefully the younger fans and students will join in support. Most of the hatred is coming from the older fans and alumni stuck in their old ways.. its just reality

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 02:13 PM

That said, she had a really tough, underwhelming start to her first season as head coach at Miss. State. Even appeared to lose control of the team to an extent, underachieved and frustration set in, some players showed signs of giving up. Appeared some of her players were unable to successfully execute the level of effort and play that she needed out of them despite everything that she and the staff taught and tried. Still, in my opinion she has potential to bounce back in season 2, and surprise a lot of people.

Again...the coaching staff must gain and maintain control of the locker room. I already sense 2 different camps....Rickea Jackson and her group (Rickea, Jessika, Myah, few others), and newcomers as a different camp (Hayes sisters, other newcomers, and some returnees). Coaching staff needs to get a handle on this...bring this team to 1 unified camp, 1 unified team. Rickea Jackson will need to be more inclusive to these new players, and not try to step on Coach McCray Penson's toes, her authority as head coach. Also, she will need to be accepting of the Hayes sisters, and Anastasia Hayes as another great talent to the lineup...work together to help them be successful. Additionally...equal opportunity for all the players regarding playing time, starting positions, and play as a well tuned unit/team.

I pulled hard for Coach Johnnie Harris to get the job, but have supported this current coach ever since she was announced....and still support. The bashers have their right to criticize, but why not instead show much more support for your women's basketball coach and the program? Also, the women's basketball program showed much public support. for the baseball team during their national championship run and afterwards...and appeared very excited, proud.These aren't bad people, the boogeyman. Just give them a chance. Best to pull back together as a unified fanbase.

Where are you getting your information from regarding sensing two camps? Naturally, anytime New players are brought into a program they have to learn the old players. I wouldn't call that 2 camps. I don't see NMP having an issue maintaining control of the locker room... her biggest challenge will be keeping everyone happy because she has ALOT of talent to work with, who does she start? Who gets the most minutes etc. She brought in alot of transfers who are used to playing alot of minutes but she has mentioned that she wants to play fast paced and that requires having alot of bodies

captaindog
07-10-2021, 02:15 PM

I pulled hard for Coach Johnnie Harris to get the job, but have supported this current coach ever since she was announced....and still support. The bashers have their right to criticize, but why not instead show much more support for your women's basketball coach and the program? Also, the women's basketball program showed much public support. for the baseball team during their national championship run and afterwards...and appeared very excited, proud.These aren't bad people, the boogeyman. Just give them a chance. Best to pull back together as a unified fanbase.
I?ve seen no evidence of two different camps forming in the current locker room. From the interviews and videos to date it appears everyone is going in the same direction and getting along great. What are you referencing?

basedog
07-10-2021, 04:18 PM
For you guys blaming old folks wanting Nikki gone swung and missed, it’s most seeing how she couldn’t manage her team. Quit blaming certain groups and making excuses for her, I may not like her politics but I ain’t blaming that on her lack of being a Head Coach!

I’m hoping she wins big, not sure I’m as interested in the women’s basketball program as before. Same with Joe when he was our HC, not as hyped about Leach as most either but at least he ain’t gonna let the misfits ruin his team.

One can either coach or they can’t. Now I will watch from afar and see if she can reel many back on board.

HailState!

jdelta02
07-10-2021, 04:19 PM
Where are you getting your information from regarding sensing two camps? Naturally, anytime New players are brought into a program they have to learn the old players. I wouldn't call that 2 camps. I don't see NMP having an issue maintaining control of the locker room... her biggest challenge will be keeping everyone happy because she has ALOT of talent to work with, who does she start? Who gets the most minutes etc. She brought in alot of transfers who are used to playing alot of minutes but she has mentioned that she wants to play fast paced and that requires having alot of bodies

Not saying she has/she'll have trouble maintaining control of the locker room, just to keep an eye on things, catch the early makings of issues...nip them. Rickea, Myah, Jessika, some others are still in the process of feeling these newcomers out, and are currently much more comfortable playing, and dealing with familiarity at this early point. This what Im seeing, what Im hearing. Though, indicated in a recent video release...looking forward to getting more comfortable with the newcomers over the summer.

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 04:56 PM
Not saying she has/she'll have trouble maintaining control of the locker room, just to keep an eye on things, catch the early makings of issues...nip them. Rickea, Myah, Jessika, some others are still in the process of feeling these newcomers out, and are currently much more comfortable playing, and dealing with familiarity at this early point. This what Im seeing, what Im hearing. Though, indicated in a recent video release...looking forward to getting more comfortable with the newcomers over the summer.

I saw the same hailstate clips your talking about on Twitter, they were just answering questions that were asked. I wouldn't call it an issue, that's normal when bringing in new players

https://twitter.com/HailStateWBK/status/1413584993582866435?s=20

jdelta02
07-10-2021, 05:02 PM
I?ve seen no evidence of two different camps forming in the current locker room. From the interviews and videos to date it appears everyone is going in the same direction and getting along great. What are you referencing?

What you see and hear, and what I see and hear can often be different things, if not totally different...that's fine. Still, nothing abnormal about having 2 or more camps (cliques?) at these early stages of workouts and practice. Also, young people often run in small groups (cliques?). Them coming together in sports settings can often be a gradual process. Just want to make new friends, positive relations, and ultimately build these groups into a cohesive team unit basketball wise

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 05:10 PM
For you guys blaming old folks wanting Nikki gone swung and missed, it’s most seeing how she couldn’t manage her team. Quit blaming certain groups and making excuses for her, I may not like her politics but I ain’t blaming that on her lack of being a Head Coach!

I’m hoping she wins big, not sure I’m as interested in the women’s basketball program as before. Same with Joe when he was our HC, not as hyped about Leach as most either but at least he ain’t gonna let the misfits ruin his team.

One can either coach or they can’t. Now I will watch from afar and see if she can reel many back on board.

HailState!

Whether you like it or not, the older fan base is the main fanbase (some younger also) who have verbally stated they are done supporting Women's basketball... again most of this started after her speech she was asked to give about the flag. Im not just making this up, you can do the research yourself. Even on this board..... But that same fanbase is taking up for Leach and his views when it shouldn't be that way. Support every program if you are a true fan of MSU! Even when we are down! Even if you don't agree with the HC political views.. Im not the biggest Leach fan and I'm not sold on the Air raid in the SEC just yet, but I'll support him, our team and cheer for them like I have every other program

captaindog
07-10-2021, 05:59 PM
What you see and hear, and what I see and hear can often be different things, if not totally different...that's fine. Still, nothing abnormal about having 2 or more camps (cliques?) at these early stages of workouts and practice. Also, young people often run in small groups (cliques?). Them coming together in sports settings can often be a gradual process. Just want to make new friends, positive relations, and ultimately build these groups into a cohesive team unit basketball wise

That is what I asked. What have seen that you are referencing about a split? Please be specific.

Saltydog
07-10-2021, 06:48 PM
When you go from best to shitty as quick as this program did and you have players openly doing that kind of shit then you make yourselves an easy target and it's easy to exploit. Had we continued to win at the levels we were used too, the amount of complaining about that BS would have been negligible at best. I think we all understood there was going to be some transition but the overall lack of effort and discipline is what chaps my ass and that's a direct reflection on the coach. No IFS, ANDS or BUTS.

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 07:55 PM
When you go from best to shitty as quick as this program did and you have players openly doing that kind of shit then you make yourselves an easy target and it's easy to exploit. Had we continued to win at the levels we were used too, the amount of complaining about that BS would have been negligible at best. I think we all understood there was going to be some transition but the overall lack of effort and discipline is what chaps my ass and that's a direct reflection on the coach. No IFS, ANDS or BUTS.

So there is no room for player adjustments to coaching? Coaches learning their players? Covid stopage? Meeting players initially through zoom? I can keep going.........but on the other end alot of people say "Give Leach time to get his players to run this Air raid"..Well hell give NMP the same respect, And I'm tired of everyone saying that team was top 10 she inherited because it wasn't, even if Vic was still there. He even admitted to the frustration he had with them.

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 08:10 PM
Coach absolutely destroyed a top five program in no time at all. The potential and hope that we are looking for in the program now is based on TRANSFERS. Transfers? We're talking transfers? The only thing she has proven in one year is that she is a program destroyer and can't recruit.

Are you serious? EVERY school in the Nation is going to the portal pulling transfers! Hell Ben Howland just pulled Garrison Brooks, D.J Jeffries, Rocket Watts and Shakeel Moore out of the transfer portal. What are you even talking about, it is a great tool to get really good and fast!... NMP did Great in the portal, now you guys are finding ways to find fault in her recruiting. I would take a seasoned proven transfer over an unknown freshman.... just look at other programs, especially in basketball.

Saltydog
07-10-2021, 08:37 PM
Her players are lazy and don't play with effort. That's shitty coaching and a direct reflection of NMP. What more you need Slick?

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 09:08 PM
Her players are lazy and don't play with effort. That's shitty coaching and a direct reflection of NMP. What more you need Slick?

Who the hell is slick?? She has a whole new team she brought in! You said "Her players are lazy"? Those were not Her players. She has her players in now.

99jc
07-10-2021, 09:09 PM

Salty you can't win a battle against these 2 racist knuckleheads. They have tried to bait us with their comments through this whole thread. They have tried to spin this with flag issues and BLM. A bad coach is a bad coach now if she can take us too the sweet sixteen this season we will support her but if she falls on her ass again this WBB program will be the walking dead.

KOdawg1
07-10-2021, 09:39 PM
She's going to have to win me back. The lack of effort at times last year was too much for me to ignore.

If her team can come out and play with EFFORT and positive attitudes next year, then I'll buy back in. But as of now, I'm in "show me" mode. Just the way it is.

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 10:02 PM
She's going to have to win me back. The lack of effort at times last year was too much for me to ignore.

If her team can come out and play with EFFORT and positive attitudes next year, then I'll buy back in. But as of now, I'm in "show me" mode. Just the way it is.

Win you back?? I'm sure her main priority is to win you back.

KOdawg1
07-10-2021, 10:09 PM
P
Win you back?? I'm sure her main priority is to win you back.

I didn't say it was?? Her main priority needs to be avoiding becoming Joe Moorhead 2.0.

Relax Francis.

jdelta02
07-10-2021, 10:36 PM
That is what I asked. What have seen that you are referencing about a split? Please be specific.
No split, I actually agree with you that things appear headed in the right direction. Just so many new faces coming in the midst of the the old faces, TEAM STARTING OFF SPLIT. Similar to the start of school, a lot of the new kids tend to hang together even if by default while the returning kids already know at least a few other kids, and have friends they're already hanging with (cliques)...they're in. Would be good if Rickea stepped up to help unite the old faces with the new. She previously hadn't, and still hasn't welcomed any of the new players publicly. Rickea has influence with returning players, need to use it wisely. Good leaders help unite. My opinion, Anastasia Hayes and Myah Taylor would make for good team leaders. Maybe some other player/players. Need to see more out of Rickea to pencil her in as a team leader. Outstanding basketball talent though.

Even though no big issues at this time, coaching staff needs to stay on top of this type stuff as well.

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 10:52 PM
Salty you can't win a battle against these 2 racist knuckleheads. They have tried to bait us with their comments through this whole thread. They have tried to spin this with flag issues and BLM. A bad coach is a bad coach now if she can take us too the sweet sixteen this season we will support her but if she falls on her ass again this WBB program will be the walking dead.

🤣🤣I don't support any groups, I only speak facts. There is nothing about me that is racist. I've been around for a while on Gene's page and SECFANATICS.COM when they were around. Do your own diligence if you feel that way.

NCMSTFAN
07-10-2021, 10:58 PM
No split, I actually agree with you that things appear headed in the right direction. Just so many new faces coming in the midst of the the old faces, TEAM STARTING OFF SPLIT. Similar to the start of school, a lot of the new kids tend to hang together even if by default while the returning kids already know at least a few other kids, and have friends they're already hanging with (cliques)...they're in. Would be good if Rickea stepped up to help unite the old faces with the new. She previously hadn't, and still hasn't welcomed any of the new players publicly. Rickea has influence with returning players, need to use it wisely. Good leaders help unite. My opinion, Anastasia Hayes and Myah Taylor would make for good team leaders. Maybe some other player/players. Need to see more out of Rickea to pencil her in as a team leader. Outstanding basketball talent though.

Jdelta you have alot of knowledge about both the Men's and Women's basketball programs but I think you are looking way too deep into things... how do you know what Rickea is or isn't doing? You are only basing things off what you see on twitter... Calm down a little bro

jdelta02
07-10-2021, 11:17 PM
Jdelta you have alot of knowledge about both the Men's and Women's basketball programs but I think you are looking way too deep into things... how do you know what Rickea is or isn't doing? You are only basing things off what you see on twitter.. That's why I used the word "publicly."Twitter is the main spot where the new players are welcomed, recruiting announcements, ect....and the players are very much Twitter savvy , and easily know this. The other players were acknowledging newcomers on Twitter, communicating. All except Rickea. Don't think she knew this? I'm sure these players communicate through Zoom and others ways but Twitter is the place to acknowledge or withhold in front of the public, the fans. She definitely knows this. Team leaders publicly welcome new players. Myah Taylor did so (Twitter). (Note) Facebook isn't as public.

I'm definitely basing it on Twitter, definitely looking deep, though no need to look very deep to see this. True, we don't know everything Rickea is or isn't doing regarding the team/teammates, ect but we do know what she shows us on Twitter, and she's definitely aware of what she is or isn't showing us there.

notsofarawaydawg
07-11-2021, 12:49 AM
Does Coach McCray Penson and her staff know about this Louisiana kid? Her name...Zaila Avanti-Garde. She's a standout/an outstanding basketball player, including Guiness Book Of World Records dribbler (multiple basketballs). Living down in Kim Mulkey territory. She's also the new 2021 Scripps National Spelling Bee Champion.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1413356998620377088

Why don't you pull your head out of coaches ass and ask her yourself?

jdelta02
07-11-2021, 06:37 AM
https://people.com/human-interest/who-is-zaila-avant-garde-meet-the-scripps-national-spelling-bee-winner/

Offshore Dawg
07-11-2021, 09:31 AM
there is much butt hurt 😢 in this thread.