PDA

View Full Version : New commit

BuckyIsAB****
07-07-2021, 12:42 PM
Decarlos Nicholson. This kid will be the Chris Jones of this class. Remember I told you.

He played QB at Petal and was great, didnt work at MGCC but they moved him to CB in the spring. We will have to fight to keep him. Great get by the staff to jump on him early. He is 6?3 long and is a legit 4.4 on a slow time. It wont be long till Bama comes calling. He is an NFL CB.

R2Dawg
07-07-2021, 01:01 PM
Decarlos Nicholson. This kid will be the Chris Jones of this class. Remember I told you.

He played QB at Petal and was great, didnt work at MGCC but they moved him to CB in the spring. We will have to fight to keep him. Great get by the staff to jump on him early. He is 6?3 long and is a legit 4.4 on a slow time. It wont be long till Bama comes calling. He is an NFL CB.

Boy we are becoming CBU it seems.

Commercecomet24
07-07-2021, 01:09 PM
Decarlos is a former baseball player of mine. Pitched, played SS and CF. Coached him a long time. The 40 time is legit. He has long arms and loose hips. Hard worker who has a little mean streak to him.

I had him and Walley on the same team for awhile.

Commercecomet24
07-07-2021, 01:12 PM
He actually ran a laser timed 4.3 at baylor.

OLJWales
07-07-2021, 01:53 PM
Good stuff as usual commerce. Preshate it.

Cowbell
07-09-2021, 08:20 AM
Decarlos is a former baseball player of mine. Pitched, played SS and CF. Coached him a long time. The 40 time is legit. He has long arms and loose hips. Hard worker who has a little mean streak to him.

Dude, I'm jealous

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-09-2021, 08:55 AM

Chris Jones wasn't a DB*

Ari Gold
07-09-2021, 10:04 AM

Agree the kid is very talented and raw and may very well blow up this fall...
Step one he is in the boat. Step 2 keep him there when the big boys full court press him

And with him being the Chris Jones of the class, do you mean he will get “swag bags” from OM and sneak off up there late at night and bang “college” girls , yet still sign with State.?? **

Commercecomet24
07-09-2021, 10:49 AM
I can give you a little insight into Decarlos as I've know him since he was 5 and coached him since he was 9. He's always been a State fan. His dad is HUGE Cowboys fan and they both love Dak. The Dak connection is huge here. He wants to stay in Mississippi and do something great in his home state(he always wanted to play at State but figured he would wind up at USM). There's no guarantees in recruiting, obviously, but Decarlos is solid as they come and I'll make sure I keep giving him my wonderful advice, ha(he's always told me I'm his all time favorite coach lol). Great kid and great family! Here's a funny little story about his mom. We were playing in the national championships in Atlanta. The kids were sitting in the hall at the hotel around 8pm,playing cards and some parents and coaches were out there with them just chatting.. Some old guy opens his door in his boxers and starts yelling at us to quit making so much noise(now there wasn't much noise mind you). Decarlos mom looks straight at this guy and says, "Really, sir, in your underwear?" and she never cracked a smile, guy turns around and goes right back in his room without saying another word. She can be a little intimidating, lol!

Cowbell
07-09-2021, 11:12 AM
I can give you a little insight into Decarlos as I've know him since he was 5 and coached him since he was 9. He's always been a State fan. His dad is HUGE Cowboys fan and they both love Dak. The Dak connection is huge here. He wants to stay in Mississippi and do something great in his home state(he always wanted to play at State but figured he would wind up at USM). There's no guarantees in recruiting, obviously, but Decarlos is solid as they come and I'll make sure I keep giving him my wonderful advice, ha(he's always told me I'm his all time favorite coach lol). Great kid and great family! Here's a funny little story about his mom. We were playing in the national championships in Atlanta. The kids were sitting in the hall at the hotel around 8pm,playing cards and some parents and coaches were out there with them just chatting.. Some old guy opens his door in his boxers and starts yelling at us to quit making so much noise(now there wasn't much noise mind you). Decarlos mom looks straight at this guy and says, "Really, sir, in your underwear?" and she never cracked a smile, guy turns around and goes right back in his room without saying another word. She can be a little intimidating, lol!

Thanks doe sharing! These are the kind of kids I pull for most! I believe these are the kind that leach is after as well

Coach34
07-09-2021, 11:16 AM
We better have a marketing plan for him for when he reaches campus. Thats the new part of recruiting now

TrapGame
07-09-2021, 11:24 AM
We better have a marketing plan for him for when he reaches campus. Thats the new part of recruiting now

Sounds like instead of a coach talking to the kid we need a PR/Marketing firm with a presentation of what we have lined up for him if he commits.

Commercecomet24
07-09-2021, 11:26 AM
Dude, I'm jealous

I've just been blessed to coach a lot of talented kids. I've been blessed to see many of my former players move on to play college baseball, football or basketball. Of the 14 kids from the last couple of years I coached, all but one are playing college baseball or football(and on soccer) and one of those will be in the mlb draft either this year(if drafted high enough) or next year for sure. Honestly I never thought when I started that I would get the chance to coach so many talented kids. I worked my tail off recruiting every year though so it paid off. Now I'm just sitting back enjoying watching my youngest son play juco baseball and my oldest started his high school coaching journey this past spring. I can honestly say "It's been a good un".

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2021, 11:54 AM

He had one of the quickest releases at QB Ive seen at Petal. He almost ruined your blitzes on his own bc of how quick he would get it off.

OLJWales
07-09-2021, 12:04 PM
I've just been blessed to coach a lot of talented kids. I've been blessed to see many of my former players move on to play college baseball, football or basketball. Of the 14 kids from the last couple of years I coached, all but one are playing college baseball or football(and on soccer) and one of those will be in the mlb draft either this year(if drafted high enough) or next year for sure. Honestly I never thought when I started that I would get the chance to coach so many talented kids. I worked my tail off recruiting every year though so it paid off. Now I'm just sitting back enjoying watching my youngest son play juco baseball and my oldest started his high school coaching journey this past spring. I can honestly say "It's been a good un".

Nice stuff commerce. Didn't you have a son at Stanford?

Commercecomet24
07-09-2021, 12:19 PM
Nice stuff commerce. Didn't you have a son at Stanford?

He had interest from Stanford but his grades and ACT didn't quite meet their requirements, and they dropped their interest when they saw those, lol. He's having to do the juco route. Extremely intelligent kid but eats and sleeps baseball and just now realizing the importance of school. He did make the presidents list this spring though, so maybe he's figuring it out!

Commercecomet24
07-09-2021, 12:21 PM
He had one of the quickest releases at QB Ive seen at Petal. He almost ruined your blitzes on his own bc of how quick he would get it off.

Yes sir, that and his range what made him a very good defensive shortstop, he just had problems at the plate. Never could hit elite pitching. Super smart kid too and with his work ethic I expect him to become an elite db.

OLJWales
07-09-2021, 12:21 PM
He had interest from Stanford but his grades and ACT didn't quite meet their requirements, and they dropped their interest when they saw those, lol. He's having to do the juco route. Extremely intelligent kid but eats and sleeps baseball and just now realizing the importance of school. He did make the presidents list this spring though, so maybe he's figuring it out!

Good deal. He still playing ball?

Commercecomet24
07-09-2021, 12:22 PM
Good deal. He still playing ball?

Yes sir, he's at Jones.

OLJWales
07-09-2021, 01:00 PM
Yes sir, he's at Jones.

Awesome. Updates on his progress from time to time would be great. Thanks again sir.

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2021, 02:37 PM
Yes sir, that and his range what made him a very good defensive shortstop, he just had problems at the plate. Never could hit elite pitching. Super smart kid too and with his work ethic I expect him to become an elite db.

Im not sure why they moved him to CB but it seems like it was a great move. Maybe they found a better QB but when I saw him at QB for MGCC he wasnt terrible. His future is def as a CB. He is prototype NFL CB

Commercecomet24
07-09-2021, 02:39 PM
Im not sure why they moved him to CB but it seems like it was a great move. Maybe they found a better QB but when I saw him at QB for MGCC he wasnt terrible. His future is def as a CB. He is prototype NFL CB

Accuracy was the biggest issue and Decarlos and the coach agreed his best shot at next level was either in the secondary or wide receiver.

Hot Rock
07-09-2021, 03:33 PM
They will base their rating on him right now on his measurables and maybe if someone sees him at a camp. He will get evaluated again if he puts some game film in at CB this fall. His rating may take a jump at that point.

His stock will probably rise and he will get some more offers most likely but after what Commercecomet24 said, I am optimistic that he ends up at State.

OLJWales
07-09-2021, 04:25 PM
They will base their rating on him right now on his measurables and maybe if someone sees him at a camp. He will get evaluated again if he puts some game film in at CB this fall. His rating may take a jump at that point.

His stock will probably rise and he will get some more offers most likely but after what Commercecomet24 said, I am optimistic that he ends up at State.

Yep. Great insight from Commerce as usual. Valuable poster he is.

Commercecomet24
07-09-2021, 04:45 PM
Here's a little update. Decarlos has already started a partnership with elite athletic gear. My young man getting his marketing career going already.

parabrave
07-09-2021, 05:39 PM

Is he originally from Seminary? I remember everyone in travel ball talking about this kid from Seminary about 10 years ago/

Commercecomet24
07-09-2021, 06:10 PM
Is he originally from Seminary? I remember everyone in travel ball talking about this kid from Seminary about 10 years ago/

Naw he's from petal. Born and raised.