PDA

View Full Version : DWS construction is lookin good!

FlabLoser
11-14-2013, 03:12 PM
https://oxblue.com/archive/0f1f8ae3fe7c7e4383b13a58d7e38c99/1024x768.jpg

Barking 13
11-14-2013, 03:14 PM
I must not be seeing something, because it looks the same as the last time I saw it..

FlabLoser
11-14-2013, 03:18 PM
First time I've seen the 3rd deck and that much wraparound on the 2nd deck.

smootness
11-14-2013, 03:24 PM
First time I've seen the 3rd deck and that much wraparound on the 2nd deck.

Yeah, definitely progressing fairly quickly.

Barking 13
11-14-2013, 03:27 PM
either way, that's a BUNCH of freakin' concrete....

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Looking at this makes me both excited and pissed off. I think about all the positives that it'll bring and then I think about the piss poor vision by OUR leadership. I sure hope we've got some better people in place now because we can't afford to fall any further behind.

FlabLoser
11-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Looking at this makes me both excited and pissed off. I think about all the positives that it'll bring and then I think about the piss poor vision by OUR leadership. I sure hope we've got some better people in place now because we can't afford to fall any further behind.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/unflappable.gif

smootness
11-14-2013, 04:37 PM

Why would looking at stadium expansion cause you to think about the poor vision of our leadership?

All this talk about how Stricklin is LT 2.0 is insane, and it needs to stop. I don't get why the same people who are so quick to call some segments of the fanbase 'sheep' can't see that they act the exact same way on the other end of the spectrum.

bully99
11-14-2013, 06:06 PM
When is the completion date.?

Barking 13
11-14-2013, 09:06 PM
wow! I checked this thread again tonight and it's a night time view now...

hacker
11-15-2013, 12:04 AM
wow! I checked this thread again tonight and it's a night time view now...

Fairly sure that's a webcam image

Barking 13
11-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Fairly sure that's a webcam image

Must be a live shot .. I thought it was just a screenshot, but it updates.. it's a daylight shot now..

TXDawg
11-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Speaking of the DWS expansion, why can't we have construction cams like these:

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/kylefield/embed.php?cam=live2

And don't give me any crap about how "our fans suck" and "they called the Athletic Director about a water leak". That's all BS. If it's not, our AD sucks for not telling them to STFU.

Barking 13
11-15-2013, 09:00 AM
dang, them boys ain't playin'

archdog
11-15-2013, 09:36 AM
I was having a discussion with some co-workers and we like the way our department is handling the game day experience and the planned growth of the football facilities.
First great move was the decision to turn malfunction junction into what is now the junction. It adds tons to our tailgating experience, and we have seen our fanbase grow.
Second is the indoor practice facility. The indoor practice facility was the cheaper facility that we needed the most.
Third, bringing in Mullen. People are dogging him now, and I too hate seeing the same coaching ineffectiveness every game year after year, but this guy came in and gave us something that we were missing for the better part of a decade. Program growth.
4th and 5th are the football only facility and the stadium expansion. The football facility is a must in today's 24 hour recruiting and game prep world. The stadium design allows for a smart extension of our facility which is great.

It appears we are keeping up with the Joneses, but actually all the infrastructure is inline with our program's needs. The stadium is nice but not too large too quick.

Downsides that have been mentioned here over the past couple of years include the use of the jumbotron during the game. Advertisements on the Jumbo tron need to quit. The jumbotron needs to be our version of the rooster crow at USCe. Only used to pump up our crowd and to make the visitor cringe. Every timeout, every break in action, every chance to pump up the crowd needs to be taken advantage of.

Also note, I will never buy a Mercedes after hearing that commercial.

11-15-2013, 09:47 AM
http://www7.myfantasyleague.com/fflnetdynamic2013/60678_franchise_icon0004.jpg