PDA

View Full Version : The reception has been unreal

FriarsPoint
07-03-2021, 05:52 PM
I?ve been in south Alabama for over 20 years. The congratulations, well wishes, attaboys, has been unbelievable.

Im so proud, so proud, to the point of damn near constant tears.

If ever there was a university, administration, alumni group, or fan base more deserving, I?ve yet to see it.

Here?s to all of YOU!

HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!

HAIL STATE!

BeardoMSU
07-03-2021, 06:43 PM
Happening up here in Mass, too. I have a State flag on our front porch, so people know our house's allegiance (A "house sigil", if you will). Today while I was working in the garden, a car stopped on our street and the guy yelled "Congrats to your baseball team!", gave me a thumbs up, and said "Hail State". It was pretty cool.

OLJWales
07-03-2021, 06:50 PM
2 awesome stories, thank you both. Been keeping up with this program for about 45 years or so. What a damn good feeling and I'm still having to occassionaly pinch myself.

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 06:55 PM
There's already a billboard up here in Jones county congratulating the Msu National Champs!

Cowbell
07-03-2021, 07:05 PM
There's already a billboard up here in Jones county congratulating the Msu National Champs!

Now this is what I like to here!

Cowbell
07-03-2021, 07:06 PM
Happening up here in Mass, too. I have a State flag on our front porch, so people know our house's allegiance (A "house sigil", if you will). Today while I was working in the garden, a car stopped on our street and the guy yelled "Congrats to your baseball team!", gave me a thumbs up, and said "Hail State". It was pretty cool.

Same here in TX. All the Aggie fans followed us religiously because they wanted us to bounce Texas. Ended up falling in love with our team.

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 07:13 PM
Same here in TX. All the Aggie fans followed us religiously because they wanted us to bounce Texas. Ended up falling in love with our team.

Good stuff. This was an easy team for folks to love. Just grinders and kids who showed joy in playing the game. They played hard and hustled and that's in short supply these days.

Dawg_Lover
07-03-2021, 07:24 PM
Love reading these stories. Y?all keep them coming.

DownwardDawg
07-03-2021, 08:15 PM
When I check in every morning at MD Anderson, I'm greeted by a young man named James. He checks me in each morning. James has been pulling for us the entire CWS. Thursday morning when I walked in he was grinning from ear to ear and yelled Hail State as I walked through the doors!!! He gave me a fist bump and it was just another awesome feeling!!!

Cowbell
07-03-2021, 08:19 PM
My neighbor is a diehard Razorback - it really hurt him when they lost but he immediately text me and said he was a dawg to finish the season. Couldn't stand to see Tennessee, vandy, or Texas win it. He was at my house celebrating with me on Wednesday. Razorback fans know all to well what's it's like to be so close but not finish it.

IMissJack
07-03-2021, 09:21 PM
Live in Houston, I won a lunch bet with a UT coworker and he wanted the same bet going forward but we washed. He was cool about losing the first because Bednar had such a game. Also got congrats texts from A&M and LSU people mainly. I did get a couple of likes on FB from Hogs.

Dawg496
07-03-2021, 10:16 PM
Just flew into Hawaii today wearing a state hat. Had several folks tell me congrats on the natty.

Dawgface
07-03-2021, 10:20 PM
I went to the grocery store this afternoon in Meridian and ran into several MSU fans. Only one that I knew but everyone was all smiles and we talked to each other like we had been friends for life. I can't see this going away anytime soon.

OLJWales
07-03-2021, 10:24 PM
Just flew into Hawaii today wearing a state hat. Had several folks tell me congrats on the natty.

Damn, that's strong. Thanks but I wish we could trade and I was in Hawaii and you were in Fort Woth , Lol

Dawg496
07-03-2021, 10:26 PM
I actually live in the DFW area ha. Flew out earlier today.

SPMT
07-03-2021, 10:36 PM
People say no one was watching.....wrong friends from all over the country were watching and pulling for us.

Now when we win win 4 out 6 they will probably hate us like Alabam football. I?ll take it though.

Catfish
07-03-2021, 10:43 PM
Lots of people in the Lubbock area were pulling for State. I live in a small town outside of Lubbock and have been following Leach since he coached here. Ya'll have a great fan base and a great team.Loved every minute of games 2 and 3. Hail State!

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 10:49 PM
I've got friends in Utah, Idaho, California, Washington, Nevada and Montana that have texted and messaged me with congrats. It really has been something to behold.

chainedup_Dawg
07-03-2021, 10:52 PM
There was a family of Razorbacks at the celebration last night, whole family had hog shirts on

IMissJack
07-03-2021, 11:57 PM
There was a family of Razorbacks at the celebration last night, whole family had hog shirts on

Only way they could see a national champion in baseball.

OLJWales
07-04-2021, 12:53 AM
I've got friends in Utah, Idaho, California, Washington, Nevada and Montana that have texted and messaged me with congrats. It really has been something to behold.

The sign of a man who has led a good life with friends galore.

R2Dawg
07-04-2021, 07:31 AM
Good stuff. This was an easy team for folks to love. Just grinders and kids who showed joy in playing the game. They played hard and hustled and that's in short supply these days.

Yes they were. MSU and MSU baseball added a bunch more fans, kinda like WBB did after beating Uconn.

Us proud alumni just need to stay humble. The arrogant fans after winning is what turns people off.

R2Dawg
07-04-2021, 07:34 AM
A friend of mine at work is an Auburn alum and die hard Tiger sent me a text after game giving congrats.

His son is a young teenager. He said he wanted an MSU NC hat and that he was going to State. The impact of things like this is huge for MSU.

BrunswickDawg
07-04-2021, 08:43 AM
Begrudgingly, my UGA friends have been congratulating me. They try to act like they don't care because they only care about football. It really bugs them that they haven't won a Big 3 Natty since 1990, and especially not having won football since 1980. It eats at then every time another SEC school wins.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-04-2021, 10:12 AM
I'm on the coast and I've had numerous LSU and Texas fans come up and congratulate MSU. It was genuine and almost like "welcome to the club". Even better is when you lock eyes with another State and all you have to do is head nod and we know exactly what the other is saying.

Todd4State
07-04-2021, 10:31 AM
I think we're likable because we have had so much support despite not winning it all and we obviously had a ton of passion. And then the stories about how friendly our fans are plus how our team and coaches carry themselves is refreshing for America.

schddog72
07-04-2021, 06:24 PM
I?ve been in south Alabama for over 20 years. The congratulations, well wishes, attaboys, has been unbelievable.

Im so proud, so proud, to the point of damn near constant tears.

If ever there was a university, administration, alumni group, or fan base more deserving, I?ve yet to see it.

Here?s to all of YOU!

HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!

HAIL STATE!

I live in upstate South Carolina. I've gotten quite a few congrats from USCe fans; not so much from Clemson fans.

Lord McBuckethead
07-04-2021, 09:36 PM
I have had people I have only met online playing halo sending me congratulations including GA, PA, Indiana, Illinois, CA, NW, OR, WA, DC, and Wales.

Commercecomet24
07-04-2021, 10:43 PM
Had people at church today tell me I had that national championship glow about me lol

State82
07-04-2021, 10:46 PM
Had people at church today tell me I had that national championship glow about me lol

Now that is a good one! I think we all have that glow. And it is a great feeling!

OLJWales
07-04-2021, 10:51 PM
I think we're likable because we have had so much support despite not winning it all and we obviously had a ton of passion. And then the stories about how friendly our fans are plus how our team and coaches carry themselves is refreshing for America.

Preach.

Commercecomet24
07-04-2021, 10:59 PM
Now that is a good one! I think we all have that glow. And it is a great feeling!

You're right we are all glowing from this and it's glorious!

SaintDawg
07-04-2021, 11:20 PM
I have had alot and I mean ALOT of my LSU friends tell me that they are genuinely happy for us. They have all said that it was long overdue and well deserved. I've heard "Welcome to the club, you belong." quite a bit over the past couple days.

Todd4State
07-04-2021, 11:31 PM
I have had alot and I mean ALOT of my LSU friends tell me that they are genuinely happy for us. They have all said that it was long overdue and well deserved. I've heard "Welcome to the club, you belong." quite a bit over the past couple days.

I have some LSU friends and they were genuinely shocked that we had never won it before.

FISHDAWG
07-05-2021, 08:06 AM
I was stepping into an elevator the other day in Kennesaw, Georgia while wearing a State shirt and an elderly lady in a wheelchair was getting off and threw a Hail State at me ... I smiled and returned the greeting... another lady was getting on at the same time and witnessed the exchange . She smiled and repeated the greeting. Upon further conversation she and her husband were Georgia fans but were pulling hard for us according to her .... cool moment that made me realize the support we had from other baseball fans

FISHDAWG
07-05-2021, 08:11 AM
When I check in every morning at MD Anderson, I'm greeted by a young man named James. He checks me in each morning. James has been pulling for us the entire CWS. Thursday morning when I walked in he was grinning from ear to ear and yelled Hail State as I walked through the doors!!! He gave me a fist bump and it was just another awesome feeling!!!

Very cool... btw, praying and pulling for you dawg ... my radiation technician also was following the series and pulling for us ... cool stories everywhere