PDA

View Full Version : My goodness, we have officially broken Ole Miss....

CadaverDawg
07-03-2021, 10:32 AM
Look at this delusional and defeated post/thread....

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/board/103605/Contents/the-play-nice-strategy-will-never-work-in-our-rivalry-with-msu-167357074/

They are freaking the hell out about this Championship we won.....and I'm here for every minute of it.

Daddy is a National Champion now, Rebels. Hope it's eating you up.

ZedFedder
07-03-2021, 10:41 AM
Not a subscriber but I can only imagine.

maroonmania
07-03-2021, 10:47 AM
But, but, they have women's golf!

MoreCowbell
07-03-2021, 10:56 AM
For those that cant see can we get a summation

CadaverDawg
07-03-2021, 11:01 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/5fcpuu.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5fcpy7.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5fcq08.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5fcq2m.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5fcq48.jpg

KOdawg1
07-03-2021, 11:06 AM
Good God, we broke them.

If you think they won't go all out to get some pub, then you're mistaken. The whole reason they went all in on recruiting back in 2012-13 is because we had beaten their asses 3 times in a row. So they cheated their asses off to sign a top 5 class.

Ole Miss doesn't really care about winning games. They may say they do, but that's not their ultimate goal. Ole Miss wants to be recognized. They want to be talked about. They want the national media to rave about how great the Square and the Grove is. If they win some games along the way, then that's great. But us winning a national championship has shined the light on us, and they can't stand it. No one is talking about beer showers, or Lane Kiffin, or Oxford, or them flipping recruits. I remember reading one of their threads when we were playing, and they were PISSED. But not because we were winning or in Omaha in the first place, but because the cameras were showing all of our pretty girls. That's the kind of "look at me" pricks we're talking about. And because of that mentality they have, I never have to worry about them winning it all in the big 3 sports. Because they don't have what it takes. They don't know how to work their asses off or overcome adversity. Their main goal is to win the press conference, and I'm 100% okay with that. So while it's annoying sometimes to see them manufacture all the PR and promote their "brand," that same brand is the reason they will never get it done.

Mississippi State breeds blue collar toughness. Ole Miss breeds "look at me" douches that are always looking for the easy way out.

chainedup_Dawg
07-03-2021, 11:12 AM
Had a couple reb attorneys try to tell me that our NC has an asterisk by it. They got extremely pissed when I asked if their diploma from the 2nd best law school in the state has one

AlSwearengen
07-03-2021, 11:32 AM
They will be giving out more scholarship money than vandy does.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-03-2021, 11:33 AM
This sounds just like when Mullen beat them 3 straight. Should we expect Forward Rebels 2.0?

redstickdawg
07-03-2021, 11:51 AM
That reads like Bluto's (John Belushi) diatribe in ANimal House, slightly better worded, but every bit as much deranged. He's nucking futs

TrapGame
07-03-2021, 11:59 AM
So Coot for Croots and red duffel bags aren't enough? Going full Tonya Harding on our starting QB wasn't enough?

Jesus, are they going to start putting contracts out on our players like Texas High School cheerleaders and their mothers?

That place is worse than a sewer.

RezDog7
07-03-2021, 12:04 PM
They are irrelevant

Cowbell
07-03-2021, 12:06 PM
Oh the only thing else that I wish could happen is that we can unleash a banner in front of them at our house next year but unfortunately we are Playing up there next year

BayouDawg
07-03-2021, 12:12 PM
What a pathetic bunch. This is one good thing about living in red stick. I dont have to deal with ignorant rebtards. Hail State!

dawggoneit
07-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Totally agree with this nut job. We have surpassed them in every way and they are falling further and further behind.

msudawg1200
07-03-2021, 12:15 PM
Oh, now we're their arch rival? I thought we didn't matter to them? We were like a fly on their back. Our National Championship and attention with it is killing those smug bastards.

The Federalist Engineer
07-03-2021, 12:15 PM
Oh Man! "wake up!"

You know the author is on a psych script. My guess its a woman. Cohen better get some security, this is one angry Walmart shopper.

parabrave
07-03-2021, 12:17 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/5fcpuu.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5fcpy7.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5fcq08.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5fcq2m.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5fcq48.jpg

So breaking the opposing QBs leg, Pissing in the Home teams end Zone and cheating your ass off constitutes playing nicely?

parabrave
07-03-2021, 12:20 PM
Oh the only thing else that I wish could happen is that we can unleash a banner in front of them at our house next year but unfortunately we are Playing up there next year

Well some enterprising Frat Boys could pull off the biggest Troll in History by hanging a banner over the Grove on their Homecoming!

NYDawg
07-03-2021, 12:24 PM
Meh, it's just another tantrum after MSU enjoys some success. But MSU isn't their rival or anything...

Cowbell
07-03-2021, 12:40 PM
Well some enterprising Frat Boys could pull off the biggest Troll in History by hanging a banner over the Grove on their Homecoming!

I fully support

BiscuitEater
07-03-2021, 12:44 PM
Meh, it's just another tantrum after MSU enjoys some success. But MSU isn't their rival or anything...

I will contribute $$ toward A MSU National Champs billboard in / around Oxford! Pay our platers to add their photos!

parabrave
07-03-2021, 12:53 PM
I will contribute $$ toward A MSU National Champs billboard in / around Oxford! Pay our platers to add their photos!

Byrne would already have them everywhere around Oxford.

msstatelp1
07-03-2021, 12:54 PM
So breaking the opposing QBs leg, Pissing in the Home teams end Zone and cheating your ass off constitutes playing nicely?

Don't forget having a booster **** an NCAA investigator.

drummerdawg
07-03-2021, 01:16 PM
Ole Miss doesn't really care about winning games. They may say they do, but that's not their ultimate goal. Ole Miss wants to be recognized. They want to be talked about. They want the national media to rave about how great the Square and the Grove is. If they win some games along the way, then that's great. But us winning a national championship has shined the light on us, and they can't stand it. No one is talking about beer showers, or Lane Kiffin, or Oxford, or them flipping recruits. I remember reading one of their threads when we were playing, and they were PISSED. But not because we were winning or in Omaha in the first place, but because the cameras were showing all of our pretty girls. That's the kind of "look at me" pricks we're talking about.

And this is why I think we should stop talking about them. They are irrelevant and whenever we mention them it makes them feel more important than they really are. We shouldn't give them that satisfaction. Without us, they're nothing. You really want to piss them off? I've always considered LSU to be our biggest rival in baseball, but we need to replace OM with Vandy for the #2 spot. We don't need to have rivalries with inferiors. We don't need to be brought down to their level.

OLJWales
07-03-2021, 01:38 PM
One of my favorites: "its not ok for State to win a natty". Pure Gold.

chef dixon
07-03-2021, 01:43 PM
"rEnT fReEeEeEeeeE!!!!!!!!! Derrrrrr dErRRrRrrr!!!!"
- every ole miss fan

Dawg2003
07-03-2021, 02:09 PM
They have really been spiraling for the past 2 weeks.

Jack Lambert
07-03-2021, 02:27 PM
They already think they have more talent than us what more can they do? The thought of taken the goverment back is far and gone. There are five other Universities producing politicians. None of the five really like them. Good luck with that.

Turfdawg67
07-03-2021, 02:30 PM
The irony is that they are "tired of playing nice and doing it the right way", hahahahaha! It's us and Bracky that play nice, it's what took us so long to win a NC. What douchebags...

Dolphus Raymond
07-03-2021, 02:34 PM
Wow. To say they are not taking this well is an understatement. **** them.

IMissJack
07-03-2021, 03:56 PM
Good luck to them taking back the State. When your student body is made up of a very large number of out of state people that could not get into GA or TX, they gave no allegiance to MS and will likely never live here.

OLJWales
07-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Good luck to them taking back the State. When your student body is made up of a very large number of out of state people that could not get into GA or TX, they gave no allegiance to MS and will likely never live here.

So aspiring lawyers in GA or TX who don't have the grades to get into UT or UGA often give Ole Miss consideration? I wonder what percent of their outsiders come because they jerk to "Gone with the Wind"?

SailingDawg
07-03-2021, 04:20 PM
So aspiring lawyers in GA or TX who don't have the grades to get into UT or UGA often give Ole Miss consideration? I wonder what percent of their outsiders come because they jerk to "Gone with the Wind"?

And take the Mrs majors back to their home state.

DownwardDawg
07-03-2021, 04:34 PM
Had a couple reb attorneys try to tell me that our NC has an asterisk by it. They got extremely pissed when I asked if their diploma from the 2nd best law school in the state has one

Texas and Mississippi State were by far the best 2 teams in Omaha. If NC State had not forfeited, we win the NC in 2 games instead of 3. Don't let anyone tell any of you otherwise. All the sports experts agree that the best team won it this year.

DownwardDawg
07-03-2021, 04:36 PM
The irony is that they are "tired of playing nice and doing it the right way", hahahahaha! It's us and Bracky that play nice, it's what took us so long to win a NC. What douchebags...

This is what was funny to me also!!! Hilarious. When did they play"nice"?

OLJWales
07-03-2021, 04:53 PM
Texas and Mississippi State were by far the best 2 teams in Omaha. If NC State had not forfeited, we win the NC in 2 games instead of 3. Don't let anyone tell any of you otherwise. All the sports experts agree that the best team won it this year.

I thought it was a disadvantage for us because Vandy got a free game freeing up an extra arm for them. Hell, didn't Vandy lose 3 times to our 1?

Dawgology
07-03-2021, 05:17 PM
As I said before the CWS. They will be back on probation for recruiting violations within 3 years when we win a NC. Book it.

Lord McBuckethead
07-03-2021, 05:24 PM
Totally agree with this nut job. We have surpassed them in every way and they are falling further and further behind.

Were they ever ahead? If we started a Law school, ours would be better in a matter of two years. We already provide equal or possibly more students to both their law school and medical school.

parabrave
07-03-2021, 05:25 PM
As I said before the CWS. They will be back on probation for recruiting violations within 3 years when we win a NC. Book it.

Problem is there is no such thing as recruiting violations anymore. If you're wondering about grade violations OM took care of that by their ACT test scam/

bobtail bob
07-03-2021, 08:40 PM
Don't forget having a booster **** an NCAA investigator.

And people like Rick Cleveland looking the other way while they destroyed our FB program. Remember that the next time he comes here looking to get sucked off for his feel good pieces. I wish he would get banned.

OLJWales
07-03-2021, 08:55 PM
And people like Rick Cleveland looking the other way while they destroyed our FB program. Remember that the next time he comes here looking to get sucked off for his feel good pieces. I wish he would get banned.

Wow. I missed that one. Details?

Todd4State
07-03-2021, 09:51 PM
This is as glorious as I thought.

Their biggest issue as always is themselves.

So typical of Ole Miss. They think that they can just out pay and use political power to get what they want and then sue whoever gets in the way. Because of MLB and baseball player demographics in general they're going to have to offer at least double if not triple what they offer football recruits- and there is no way in hell they are going to do that because then they wouldn't have enough for football recruits. Could you imagine some Ole Miss booster going up to JT Ginn and offering him 300K when the Dodgers are offering like 2 million? And then offering their parents a "job" when one of his parents is a doctor I think. That's what this clown is suggesting they do to "get" us.

They're completely clueless about the reality of their baseball program. Honestly- they're pretty good. But a LOT of that is because of Bianco. He's going to be the Dr. Frankenstein of college baseball in that he will probably end up being destroyed by his own monster. No- he's not without faults but before Bianco got there they were terrible at baseball. And none of their fair weather fans have any clue because they weren't paying attention when they were going like 20-36 every year. They essentially hired him to get to regionals and Omaha- and he has done that. When they first hired him they were just hoping to get to the SEC Tournament. No kidding- I remember a story about him taking the team to Hoover on a road trip to Auburn or somewhere like that to motivate their team. Bianco also timed his arrival very well when we hired Polk II the next year and LSU, Alabama, and Auburn all went into a decline. He took advantage of that but there is only so much of a ceiling with a team with a history like that. Of course their fans all think that 2003-2005 is their norm. Ole Miss has good support- honestly partially in response to MSU to be honest- but they don't have the support or resources or maybe most importantly the patience to build a program like MSU. They want a quick fix. I don't know how Bianco's tenure will end there but there is a better than average chance that they screw it up and end up setting themselves back for awhile.

AlSwearengen
07-03-2021, 10:35 PM
If olemiss wants to figure out their problem in baseball all they have to do is watch some of those tik tok videos their players put out. When your baseball team is working to be more fabulous than the co-eds, you can’t expect much out of them.

1bigdawg
07-04-2021, 02:44 AM

I am sure they had the same meltdown last year when their "real rival" LSU won the NC in football.**

TheLostDawg
07-04-2021, 08:04 AM
They already think they have more talent than us what more can they do? The thought of taken the goverment back is far and gone. There are five other Universities producing politicians. None of the five really like them. Good luck with that.

He's/she's got a point. When they do get elected they do dump money into Oxford. Look at the daycare situation for one.

William Tecumsah Sherman
07-04-2021, 08:08 AM
OM is who they are. Showmen. Everything is a show. Everything is glamour. It cannot change. Mississippi State is who they are. We are tough and gritty. The latter is rewarded more often.

TheLostDawg
07-04-2021, 08:09 AM
I thought it was a disadvantage for us because Vandy got a free game freeing up an extra arm for them. Hell, didn't Vandy lose 3 times to our 1?

Yeah should be an asterisk. We got screwed and still came out on top. Had to play against two of the best pitchers in college baseball and Vandy had an extra day when they should have had to play. Not to mention they started a day sooner anyway.

TheLostDawg
07-04-2021, 08:17 AM
Were they ever ahead? If we started a Law school, ours would be better in a matter of two years. We already provide equal or possibly more students to both their law school and medical school.

Yeah but they won't ever allow us to have one. Would be nice to follow Michigan State's steps. Hell the state doesn't have an optometry school. Not sure why we don't start that or a physician assistant. It would certainly be a lot of work but other schools are doing it/have done it and certainly there is a need.

Todd4State
07-04-2021, 10:14 AM
Yeah but they won't ever allow us to have one. Would be nice to follow Michigan State's steps. Hell the state doesn't have an optometry school. Not sure why we don't start that or a physician assistant. It would certainly be a lot of work but other schools are doing it/have done it and certainly there is a need.

I thought MSU Meridian had a PA school? May be new.

BiscuitEater
07-04-2021, 10:50 AM
Their biggest issue as always is themselves.

So typical of Ole Miss.

They're completely clueless about the reality of their baseball program.

They essentially hired him to get to regionals and Omaha

When they first hired him they were just hoping to get to the SEC Tournament.

Ole Miss has good support- honestly partially in response to MSU to be honest-

OM is in a complete 'Catch-22' with Bianco. They caught us in a down point BUT we passed them! Bianco, winningest coach in OM history, is inept in Regionals and SRs. He chokes! We OWN him (16-3 in last 19) But, as long as he wins big, he's bulletproof and om powers that be refuse to fire him! He's the gift that keeps on giving!

Todd4State
07-04-2021, 11:09 AM
OM is in a complete 'Catch-22' with Bianco. They caught us in a down point BUT we passed them! Bianco, winningest coach in OM history, is inept in Regionals and SRs. He chokes! We OWN him (16-3 in last 19) But, as long as he wins big, he's bulletproof and om powers that be refuse to fire him! He's the gift that keeps on giving!

That's one BIG difference between them and us. When we are down or get passed by them we go back to work and find tangible ways to pass them again. We went out got Cohen, modernized our recruiting, started winning again, and then rebuilt our ballpark. If the roles were reversed Ole Miss would cheat and sue to try to get back on top.

But that's my point about Bianco too. Does he really deserve to be fired? He has taken them to Omaha for the only time in 50 years, has seven SR's, won 2 SEC Tournaments, and has a SEC title. Their administration already made a mistake that hurt their recruiting a couple of years ago when they didn't extend him which has caused rumors about his job security being used against them. They know that they're going to have to let him retire because firing him is going to leave a bad impression in the industry about their program.

TheLostDawg
07-04-2021, 11:35 AM
I thought MSU Meridian had a PA school? May be new.

You're probably right. I wonder why they did it there if so. Either way we need to be building while the fire is hot

Indndawg
07-04-2021, 01:38 PM
Their whole fanbase suffers from small penis syndrome. As Kirk told Khan, I'm laughing at your superiority

Indndawg
07-04-2021, 01:40 PM
Who did they have before Bianco? Pat Harrison Don Kessinger.

I had an ex OM pitcher tell me (he played for the Tigers and Cards) that Kessinger was the worst coach he'd ever had, that included Tee Ball. All he did was tell stories of the glory days and Cubs

ScoobaDawg
07-04-2021, 01:43 PM
They are irrelevant

Only response worth reading. F*ck them. Don't waste your time reading their ramblings.

Jack Lambert
07-04-2021, 05:52 PM

why not start a DO school?

RougeDawg
07-04-2021, 06:24 PM
They have really been spiraling for the past 2 half centuries.

FIFY

ZedFedder
07-04-2021, 10:00 PM
As someone who is from Oxford, I can absolutely tell you it’s a culture issue.

Ari Gold
07-05-2021, 07:59 AM
Not sure what was more pathetic or embarrassing... the douche bag who actually spent time to come up with that , or the morons who gave it 100% accurate and great post

Here is an idea , how bout you bags stop being little *****s and actually try and get some real *****... that way you can embarrass yourself on your own terms

OLJWales
07-05-2021, 10:23 AM
If our record was worse than theirs the last 10 years, there would be a Bianco statue at Swayze.

Todd4State
07-05-2021, 10:35 AM
If our record was worse than theirs the last 10 years, there would be a Bianco statue at Swayze.

They were fine with Bianco from 2001-2013.' I wonder what happened?**

MagicDawg
07-05-2021, 11:12 AM
As someone who is from Oxford, I can absolutely tell you it?s a culture issue.

There must be some weird crossing of the magnetic lines in Oxford or something. It's like the area itself has something "off." I remember in high school a friend took me up to Oxford for the weekend because his grandparents lived nearby and we stayed with them. Went out to a fast food place Friday night with my friend -- no logo apparel or anything. Just minding our own business, eating hamburgers when these guys come up to us. "Wanna fight?" I have never experienced anything like that anywhere else.

Jack Lambert
07-05-2021, 11:32 AM

Here is thier problem. We want to be good in baseball. They just want to be better than us.

tireddawg
07-05-2021, 08:28 PM
Here is thier problem. We want to be good in baseball. They just want to be better than us.

I disagree with this. We want to be great, the best. And they will never be that.

Randolph Dupree
07-05-2021, 08:47 PM
The title of this thread could not be more appropriate. I haven't read the whole thing, just pieces, but I think they're about to go full on Freeze level with the network in FB. This could be epic.

Todd4State
07-05-2021, 10:05 PM
The title of this thread could not be more appropriate. I haven't read the whole thing, just pieces, but I think they're about to go full on Freeze level with the network in FB. This could be epic.

Yeah. I suspect that too. Ole Miss football is their "crown jewel" in their athletic department much like MSU baseball is the crown jewel in MSU's. The big difference is one is nationally relevant for MSU and their crown jewel is not.

They're completely melting down. I saw a guy on Twitter that actually told Tanner Allen that winning the Egg Bowl was better than winning the National Championship.

How long are they are repeat violator status?

Jack Lambert
07-05-2021, 10:22 PM

Not listening to their fans. In fact the only reason they care is because we care. The only thing they truly want to be great at is being known as the best party school in the Nation. Just the fact the only reason students go to games is to throw beer proves it. If it wasn't for that the student section would be empty.

Captain Falcon
07-05-2021, 10:26 PM
The crazy thing about their frustration this year is that Bianco actually did one of his better coaching jobs. They had several SIGNIFICANT injuries and still hosted a Regional and got within one win of Omaha. But that has now been long forgotten by their fans after we went on our run.

Talent-wise the two programs are comparable, but our culture is significantly better than theirs. And it's not just one team or one group of players, this has been going on forever. How else do you explain them totally dominating us in the 2000's but us still making an Omaha trip in that decade while they made zero? Our program breeds a culture of toughness, resilience, and getting the job done in June. Their program breeds a culture of "look at our TikTok followers!" and expecting to be crowned for having a good nonconference weekend in February or for winning a few games in Hoover.

Jack Lambert
07-05-2021, 10:34 PM
The crazy thing about their frustration this year is that Bianco actually did one of his better coaching jobs. They had several SIGNIFICANT injuries and still hosted a Regional and got within one win of Omaha. But that has now been long forgotten by their fans after we went on our run.

Talent-wise the two programs are comparable, but our culture is significantly better than theirs. And it's not just one team or one group of players, this has been going on forever. How else do you explain them totally dominating us in the 2000's but us still making an Omaha trip in that decade while they made zero? Our program breeds a culture of toughness, resilience, and getting the job done in June. Their program breeds a culture of "look at our TikTok followers!" and expecting to be crowned for having a good nonconference weekend in February or for winning a few games in Hoover.

They had better teams in the 2000's but even then we did something during that time they did not do and that was get to Omaha.

Captain Falcon
07-05-2021, 11:23 PM
They had better teams in the 2000's but even then we did something during that time they did not do and that was get to Omaha.

Right, Polk 2.0 was a disaster that set our program back almost a decade, and it still resulted in as many Omaha trips as Bianco has in 21 years.

Randolph Dupree
07-06-2021, 08:03 AM
Yeah. I suspect that too. Ole Miss football is their "crown jewel" in their athletic department much like MSU baseball is the crown jewel in MSU's. The big difference is one is nationally relevant for MSU and their crown jewel is not.

They're completely melting down. I saw a guy on Twitter that actually told Tanner Allen that winning the Egg Bowl was better than winning the National Championship.

I saw that same tweet and some of the die hard Ole miss fans I know are having a very hard time hiding their true feelings. I can only imagine how the big boosters feel. Not sure how long the repeat violator status lasts but I gotta think they're still in it.

OLJWales
07-06-2021, 09:08 AM

How can football be their crown jewel when it's no bettern ours last 20 yrs?

Dolphus Raymond
07-06-2021, 09:41 AM
The Ole Miss compliance staff better be on their Ps and Qs.

KB21
07-06-2021, 01:40 PM

The fact that William Carey has one now puts a damper on that idea. Most DO schools attach themselves to private universities for whatever reason.

TrapGame
07-06-2021, 02:10 PM
They know Bianco ain't winning them a natty in baseball. I guess we will see all the eggs go into the football basket from here on out. Coot for croots and red duffel bags forever!

Johnson85
07-06-2021, 02:45 PM

Pretty much has to be one of the big three or a dominant sport outside of the big 3 that's still pretty recognizable. They don't have a dominant sport. Basketball has been the least successful of the big 3. Baseball for them has been the most consistently good, but they've underachieved in the post season consistently and are clearly behind MSU. Football has been up and down, but they have had years where they are nationally relevant and while we have the edge over them over the past 20 years, it's pretty close. Plus it's the sport they have historically cared the most about by a large margin. So it's their crown jewel by default pretty much.

Johnson85
07-06-2021, 02:49 PM

IHL would likely never approve it because they would view it as encroaching on UMMC's turf. If we had pushed for that and were making any headway, I assume you'd have seen UM push to either expand UMMC to offer more spots or to offer a DO program also. Really sucks because the state could use more doctors and a DO program could have helped one of the state universities. With how short we are projected to be on healthcare providers, we should have expanded UMMC, started a DO school, a pharmacy school, and started an NP/PA school, and rather than offering in-state tuition, offered tuition rebates for those that practiced in state for a decade.

KB21
07-06-2021, 03:00 PM
IHL would likely never approve it because they would view it as encroaching on UMMC's turf. If we had pushed for that and were making any headway, I assume you'd have seen UM push to either expand UMMC to offer more spots or to offer a DO program also. Really sucks because the state could use more doctors and a DO program could have helped one of the state universities. With how short we are projected to be on healthcare providers, we should have expanded UMMC, started a DO school, a pharmacy school, and started an NP/PA school, and rather than offering in-state tuition, offered tuition rebates for those that practiced in state for a decade.

William Carey has a DO school.

Johnson85
07-06-2021, 04:03 PM
William Carey has a DO school.

Right, but the IHL wouldn't care about that any more than William Carey would care about what the IHL says.

Jack Lambert
07-06-2021, 04:11 PM
The fact that William Carey has one now puts a damper on that idea. Most DO schools attach themselves to private universities for whatever reason.

I think the University of Kansas has one. "I think"

ImissCityBagel
07-07-2021, 06:06 PM
This sounds like one of the jealous Dons in The Godfather. You know you're the alpha when scrubs have to come together and plot against you.

bobtail bob
07-08-2021, 11:41 PM
Wow. I missed that one. Details?

Not a whole lot to be said but he did his share of hit pieces while working for the Clarion Ledger on Coach Sherill during the time the NCAA investigator was sleeping with the Ole Miss slut around Jackson. He and several others stood by while they crucified the man and didn't say shit while knowing full well what was going on. I would tell him to his weak ass face if I ever seen him too.

OLJWales
07-09-2021, 12:25 AM
Not a whole lot to be said but he did his share of hit pieces while working for the Clarion Ledger on Coach Sherill during the time the NCAA investigator was sleeping with the Ole Miss slut around Jackson. He and several others stood by while they crucified the man and didn't say shit while knowing full well what was going on. I would tell him to his weak ass face if I ever seen him too.

Thanks and I remember the bullshit and a honest reporter should be obligated to tell it.

Johnson85
07-09-2021, 10:38 AM

I don't think William Carey having a DO school would impact us one bit. If the IHL would let us do a DO school (which they won't), we'd pretty much immediately become a more desirable option for DO applicants.

This is speculation, but I think DO schools are more likely to be associated with private schools because they are less prestigious than schools granting MDs. If you're public, if you're going after a medical school, you're probably going to go for the more prestigious one. If you're private and just need a profit center for your school, you just need whatever you can get accredited.

parabrave
07-09-2021, 08:05 PM

What was the babe "messing around" with the investigator Moniker?

Todd4State
07-10-2021, 12:52 AM

That's exactly my point. It's what they care about the most by far though- along with the football recruiting that goes along with that.

Their boosters are much more likely to pay for a football player than a basketball or baseball player.

The thing is they have shown that they can be successful by cheating above board and going all out. I'm not exactly sure how sustainable that really is- and probably why they never really were able to get close to actually winning a National Championship the past 50 years. It seems to me like doing that also has a fairly high risk of blowing up in their face. And you could certainly argue that it did blow up in their face with the probation that they received.

OLJWales
07-10-2021, 11:59 AM
So glad my Dad broke the family tradition of going to Ole Miss. His Great Grand Dad was the first judge in the Delta County they resided in. With no more old money left he was gonna have to work his way thru school and with his name would be too embarrassing at Ole Miss. So glad I"m not part of that culture. Alcohol and The Great Depression created the path to me being a Dog.